Red Sonja Panel / Rodriguez to Produce Conan?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endrict Nuul
Ummmm........ cool

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7533

Source: Silas Lesnick
July 24, 2008

Robert Rodriguez greeted fans at the San Diego Comic-Con and offered a first look at the upcoming Red Sonja feature, set to star Rose McGowan as the red-haired Robert E. Howard heroine. Though no footage has been shot, a lot of promotional images have already been prepared and were revealed for the first time, depicting McGowan in the classic chainmail bikini, one of which has been prepared as a mini-poster that will be distributed to fans right after the panel.

Rodriguez recalled his love for Howard's characters, pinpointing the specific "Savage Sword of Conan" issue #60 as the moment he fell in love with the world of Cimmeria. He had been trying to get Red Sonja on the big screen for years and, coincidentally, the script came across McGowan's desk at exactly the right time.

Because of his commitments, Rodriguez wasn't able to direct "Sonja" and instead offered up the reins to his friend, Douglas Aarniokoski. He did promise that he'll be extremely hands-on as a producer to the extent that it'll basically be unofficial co-directing.

The big news from Rodriguez is that he's in early talks to produce the upcoming Conan film as well, cementing the filmic universe. With that, "Sonja" and Thulsa Doom all coming in the next few years, Robert E. Howard fans should be very happy.

Check out the "Red Sonja" poster art and T-shirt below and check back later today for exclusive interviews with Rodriguez, McGown, Aarniokoski and writer David White.

BruceSkywalker
This will not be good

Kazenji
Looks allright from the poster but....

i'm not really thrilled just yet just take a look at previous Female comic hero's adaptations they have'nt exactly been great

and another conan would be great as long as they aim for a MA +15 rating or R.

roughrider
From the look of the poster, they'll just shoot this 300-style in a studio with heavy CGI. I'm tired of that style.
Memo to Rodriguez & company: get off your asses in Austin and shoot the film in Asia or Arfrica!

WrathfulDwarf
Atrocious! I was thinking of attending the panel but no friggin way! Rodriguez just wants to put his girlfriend in the lead roles.

Bah! G.I. Joe is what I'm looking forward to...

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Atrocious! I was thinking of attending the panel but no friggin way! Rodriguez just wants to put his girlfriend in the lead roles.

Bah! G.I. Joe is what I'm looking forward to...

I agree with you on that. Rodriguez just wants Rose in skimpy clothing.

As for G.I. Joe that does look good.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I agree with you on that. Rodriguez just wants Rose in skimpy clothing.

To be honest, I don't mind Rose in skimpy clothes. stick out tongue

Kazenji
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

Apart from the costume changes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.