The Five Worst Movies Ever Made

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

appleptree
What do you think are the most tasteless, atrocious, and unprofitable films ever made.
The Five Worst Movies Ever Made

MildPossession
Glad to say I have not seen any of those in that link you put up.

Röland
Originally posted by MildPossession

=Tired Hiker=
My top five worst movie list would be:

Tank Girl

Leonard Part 6

Dead Ringers

Wing Commander

The Dark Knight

jaden101

that's actually a good point...alot of these "worst ever" lists come up and you have to wonder, especially when a film has been around for a while and has a reputation for being shit, if the people who put it in their worst ever films list have actually even seen it.

as for the worst films i've seen...and obviously this is my opinion and alot of people disagree

1: the village
2: the descent
3: lord of the rings: return of the king
4: lord of the rings: fellowship of the ring
5: anchorman

chillmeistergen
L-lord Of The Rings?

jaden101
yep....hated them...just not my thing...although i figured i would give them a watch as i got them on DVD as a gift...i just dont like the fantasy genre...i think the whole orcs, elfs, wizards thing is a cliche....and i know that LotR is considered the origins of that kind of fantasy genre but i wasn't around when it was created, obviously, and it's cliched now and that's what's important to me

it has it's moment though....that's why i didn't put the two towers in which is better as a stand alone film and has some genuinely great moments in it....in particular Elrond's speech to Arwen about "in glory undimmed before the breaking of the world"...

chillmeistergen
Yeah, I suppose it's not for everyone.

I can't really put a finger on a top 5, usually because if I watch a shit movie, I forget the name almost immediately. However, it'd probably include at least one of the Jackass movies and Deathproof.

jaden101
yeah Deathproof is pretty terrible...i have alot of films i've bought that i was disappointed with but most of them just sounded like they would be good on reading what they were about...and to be fair to the rest on my list...nothing comes close to being as bad as the village...

i suppose there is tons of those "made for tv" movies that really should get the title of worst ever though...cause, for the most part, they are ****ing tripe

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by jaden101
as for the worst films i've seen...and obviously this is my opinion and alot of people disagree

Your "best films" list must be amazing.

jaden101
yep...it probably is

=Tired Hiker=
yep....hated them...just not my thing...although i figured i would give them a watch as i got them on DVD as a gift...i just dont like the fantasy genre...i think the whole orcs, elfs, wizards thing is a cliche....and i know that LotR is considered the origins of that kind of fantasy genre but i wasn't around when it was created, obviously, and it's cliched now and that's what's important to me

it has it's moment though....that's why i didn't put the two towers in which is better as a stand alone film and has some genuinely great moments in it....in particular Elrond's speech to Arwen about "in glory undimmed before the breaking of the world"...

I always thought that was Gollum in your avatar, but I guess not.

chillmeistergen
It's from an Aphex Twin video.

Robtard
I've only watched Gigli and it was complete shit. It did have one semi-funny part, a retard is listening to rape music and singing alone, it was worth a chuckle.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Robtard
I've only watched Gigli and it was complete shit. It did have one semi-funny part, a retard is listening to rape music and singing alone, it was worth a chuckle.

I'm not one to make lame misspelling jokes, but Robtard, this one is gold!

*ahem* Rape music??? eek! laughing out loud

Robtard
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I'm not one to make lame misspelling jokes, but Robtard, this one is gold!

*ahem* Rape music??? eek! laughing out loud

Parapraxia, my guess.

BackFire
Queen of the Damned.

The Omen remake.

Dark-Jaxx
4: lord of the rings: fellowship of the ring You shall be lynched.

moviebuff1084
I liked The Dark Knight, I thought it was a very good movie, I mean it was no Big LeBowski or anything . . . but damn, it's just a movie. Sure it beat a bunch of box office records and whatnot, but it's a film. Yeah, I get excited about other movies, but damn, some people are acting as if The Dark Knight is a better action film than the first Die Hard.

Discuss. hmm

Tank Girl

Leonard Part 6

Dead Ringers

Wing Commander

The Dark Knight

Sir which is it do you like the Dark knight or hate your contradicting yourself.

ragesRemorse

Tank Girl

Leonard Part 6

Dead Ringers

Wing Commander

The Dark Knight

When did worst become the new word for best?

Blax_Hydralisk
I hope you're referring to Tank Girl... because if you're not I shall hit you with an e-PAUNCH!!!

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
I hope you're referring to Tank Girl... because if you're not I shall hit you with an e-PAUNCH!!! I think he was referring to Dark Knight. Though this is just a baseless assumption of course.

My number one worst for me is prolly Kill Bill volume 1...My God that shit sucked.

Blax_Hydralisk
I know he was referring to TDK... my point was that if he was referring to TDK as "One of the top 5 bets movies" I was going to- forget it.

Dark-Jaxx
I know he was referring to TDK... my point was that if he was referring to TDK as "One of the top 5 bets movies" I was going to- forget it. Nigga it was the best movie ever. 131

Blax_Hydralisk
I liked Batman '89 better.

Sue me.

ragesRemorse
your both wrong, leonardo part six is the best movie ever made.

Blax_Hydralisk
No wai.

The Phantom Menace is the best movie ever.

AND THAT IS ****ING FINAL!

ragesRemorse
forgot about that one, you're right

Dark-Jaxx
No wai.

AND THAT IS ****ING FINAL! No way, the Ewok Christman Special kicks the shit outta any movie.

Fo rell.

Blax_Hydralisk
I'm forced to agree.

And those animated little movies like Ewok adventures with Wikkit and Droids adventures was sick to.

chillmeistergen
No wai.

AND THAT IS ****ING FINAL!

Nah - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, The Big Lebowski or American Beauty.

Blax_Hydralisk
I was being sarcastic.

chillmeistergen
I was being sarcastic.

Good.

Rogue Jedi
Deathproof......oh the horror.

MildPossession
Deathproof was crap up until that bunch of moronic girls got killed in the car, then it picked up, you got to love the car sequences!! so therefore can't say it's a worst film ever, Tarantino's weakest though.

Tank Girl is a classic cult movie!! whoever mentioned that, shame on you. stick out tongue

AND I am going to whip Jaden for mentioning The Descent.

moviebuff1084
Both of the grindhouse movies kicked ass.

My top 5 worst list.
1.Broke back mountain
2.Date Movie
3.Any movie with Matthew McConaughey
4.The Covenant
5.One Missed Call

jaden101

AND I am going to whip Jaden for mentioning The Descent.

mmm...i'd like that

still...it's a steamer...but it's all subjective

jaden101
Originally posted by moviebuff1084

3.Any movie with Matthew McConaughey

a time to kill????

BackFire
Also gonna throw in Murder Set Pieces.

celestialdemon
Any movie directed by Uwe Boll.

celestialdemon
a time to kill????

That's a good one with him in it. I also liked Frailty.

Bardock42
Originally posted by moviebuff1084
Sir which is it do you like the Dark knight or hate your contradicting yourself.

You hated Clowns as kid, didn't you?

Rogue Jedi
Bloodrayne and Bloodrayne 2 were TERRIBLE.

dadudemon
1. Wrong turn dead end 2.

2. A few b movies from japan and china that came out in the 60s and 70s.

3. Almost all of the Godzilla movies.

4. Any stupid and overly dramatic movie from the old days...mostly b horror.

5. Gone with the wind. That shit was boring as a mother ****er.

That's just the first 5 movies I can think of. I am pretty damned sure I've stupider movie that I could specifically name, but none are coming to mind right now.

Also, I haven't seen any of the movies listed in the initial post.

moviebuff1084
Originally posted by Bardock42
You hated Clowns as kid, didn't you?

yes

ragesRemorse
Martin Lawrence movies

All of Eddie murphy's family films and Beverly hills cop 3

Torque

Crossover

You got served, drumline and any movie with an actor having the first name ICE

melodia
House Of The Dead

Sorry if it was mentioned, but it is really in a fail class of its own.

super pr*xy
bloodrayne was a piece of shit. also tokyo drift.

Dark-Jaxx
I'm adding Epic Movie. Seriously, lately those "Movie" movies have been pretty crappy since Scary Movie 2, but Epic Movie had not one funny or even slightly humorous scene.

coolmovies
Alien ressrection

moviebuff1084
Originally posted by super pr*xy
bloodrayne was a piece of shit. also tokyo drift.

Fully agree on Bloodrayne but Tokyo drift was i think not as good as the first but better that the 2nd

Master Crimzon
There's a movie called 'The New World', some sorta f*cking 'Pocohontas' or wat not. The most boring film I've watched in my life.

Epic Movie was insanely funny, although entirely stupid. And, as for the other four on my list?

-Batman and Robin. How the hell didja people forget this movie?
-I made the mistake of watchin' TMNT as a kid. OH SH*T is all I gotta say.

Errr... I actually can't really think of any other horrible movies... lol.

AND WAT? KILL BILL SUCKS! UMA THURMAN WILL CUT YOU INTO SMALL PIECES, RIP YOUR EYE OFF, STEP ON IT, EAT IT, AND PUKE! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Dark-Jaxx
Kill Bill v.1 was a pile of horse shit.

MildPossession
I think people have to think again about WORST EVER, I mean Kill Bill Vol.1, comeeeeeeeeee on people. Far from it.

ragesRemorse
Jesse james Vs Frankenstein.

Frankenstein was hardly innit mad

Nihilist
TDKbag

Impediment
Epic Movie, Not another Teen Movie, Meet the Spartans, Superhero Movie, Date Movie, Scary Movie 2, 3, and 4 (I liked the first one).

Master Crimzon
You really don't like the 'movie' movies, eh?

And Kill Bill rulez.

Toku King
The Dark Knight

I'll go get the pitchforks.

Kazenji
Anything done by Uwe Boll is complete crap.

BADGALcharlie26
Stardust Crossroads its lame and got britney spears in it enough said. Tank girl Oliver twist every remake does my nut in, War of the worlds da one with cheesey tom cruise ego maniac Thunderbirds

WrathfulDwarf
The Master of Disguise...shame on you for forgetting such a masterpiece.

MightyCelestial
I don't know about worst ever made,
but here are the worst I ever saw in a theatre:

5. Candyman 2 - Y'know, when it comes to crappy films, my mind mind doesn't retain too much memory fot them. I honestly can't remember a single shot of this movie. I just remember not leaving the theatre b'cuz I was on a date at the time & we were watching this at her suggestion.
And I didn't want to be rude. Or maybe I just didn't want to lessen my chances of getting laid that night by criticizing her choice of film to see.
Or those two things the same thing?
And I can't even remember if I did end up gettin' any that night.
Forgettable movie, forgettable date, why am I still writing about it?

4. One of those g%dd@mn Freddy Kruger movies. I think that the quality was bad enough that it caused my brain to forget most of it, to the point that I can't remember which one it was. All I remember is that it was one of the sequels and that one of the blood vessels in my eyes popped because I wouldn't listen to it's silent yet violent twitching cries for mercy.

3. Battlefield Earth - I genuinely wanted to die during this movie.
Probably the only movie that I ever sat thru where upon the diasterous feeling that resulted from watching it, along with the diaster that the movie itself is, overwhelmed the story of diaster that the movie was supposed to depict.
I may have survived watching this movie,
but the sane aspect of my mind & every part of my soul have been permanently scarred.
A diaster flick in every sense that is possible to imagine.

2. Graphitti Bridge - Oh lawd....

1. Thorr The Barbarian - The fact that it was spelled with 2 'r's should have been a tip off.

H. S. 6
I've seen the trailer for this "Disaster Movie," and I think I speak for all of us when I say it will definitely be on this list.

The trailer literally makes me embarrassed to be a human being.

NonSensi-Klown
Am I a bad person because I liked the most recent War of the World's remake?

DeVi| D0do
2005 War of the Worlds is awesome.

siyaa.george
cant say ....... i think there are many..... but i think the worst i watched recently wud be phoonk.......

ragesRemorse
I'm bumping this thread because a friend of mine made me watch End of Days. Jesus Fuk, I thought that movie was bad back in 99 but wow, i wasn't prepared for the monsoon of diarrhea that was waiting for me after the Opening Credits. I hate every human being today, because of that garbage movie.

World War Hulk
I dont know about a top 5 but Cloverfield is the all time nuber 1 for me.

UKR
I don't doubt that you'll all be surprised, but what I really hate is "Gandhi". It's politically correct racism. The white Christian priest has weaker faith in his own god than Gandhi does. The white guy's scared of the thugs but the brown guy isn't. Surprise surprise, the brown guy knows everything about Jesus and the white priest knows nothing! And of course, the white American reporter pronounces Gandhi's name wrong, and later reports that any morality the West had is gone, etc. And the depiction of the British as complete and utter "white devils" whose only goal is to conquer the universe into their Galactic...I mean, British Empire, is unbearable. In fact, it's actually quite cartoonish. Looking back, it's actually quite suprising that Grand Moff Tarkin didn't appear out of nowhere and announce that the new "Imperialist" class battleship will now make the Gala...ahem, British Empire invincible as it's the "ultimate power in the universe".

Very interesting fact about Gandhi is that he was racist. He openly despised Africans and black Indians; he only fought for the rights of the lighter-skinned people of northern India. In at least one speech he pretty well refers to Africans as spear-chuckers. Of course, all that was (probably knowingly) omitted for the movie in order to perpetuate the dillusional, wildly anti-historical liberal mythology and belief system.

jaden101
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I hate every human being today, because of that garbage movie.

laughing

UKR
And another thing that enrages me about that crappy movie was the Mahatma Gundu's depiction as a ridiculously Christ-like messiah who was all-knowing, always right, and people were weeping at his hand and all that bullcrap. And he was dumb enough to think that non-violence would work against Hitler (he actually believed that in real life). I mean, c'mon, nobody can be that dumb. France tried non-violence and look where it got them.

AdamW.
The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl

Never Back Down

Alvin and the Chipmunks

From Justin to Kelly

I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry

Funny Games(2008)

Date Movie

The Punisher

Snow Dogs

That's more than five, but my worst bunch.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by World War Hulk
I dont know about a top 5 but Cloverfield is the all time nuber 1 for me. No.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by UKR
And another thing that enrages me about that crappy movie was the Mahatma Gundu's depiction as a ridiculously Christ-like messiah who was all-knowing, always right, and people were weeping at his hand and all that bullcrap. And he was dumb enough to think that non-violence would work against Hitler (he actually believed that in real life). I mean, c'mon, nobody can be that dumb. France tried non-violence and look where it got them.

Ghandi slept with children....,what kind of violence is that?

UKR
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Ghandi slept with children....,what kind of violence is that?

See? And he was a huge pedo. I guess we all know what a messiah he is now.

deathbucket
no Ishtar?

The worst movie ever made is "Black Dahlia". No, not the one with Josh Hartnett, etc. This one:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0905968/

siriuswriter
I'm going to pre-emptively put "Twilight" up here. The book is a fangirl's dream of "lurrrve," and I'm just dreading the talk about the movie that's going to come like a tidal wave.

*covers self with Harry Potter books and films*

First_Tsurugi06
I wouldn't say it's the worst movie I've ever seen, but I really cannot give the smallest sh*t about Cloverfield. The monster may have been creepy enough, but when this 30-story, "Shoop-da-Whoop"-mouthed monster is outweighed in creepiness by dog-sized bugs, something is wrong in terms of the ulterior motives. Anything I liked was outweighed by the ankle-deep stock characters, tastelessly mediocre-at-best performances, and over exaggerrated effort at a concept that to this has still only worked with "The Blair Witch Project".

I also found myself humored with Never Back Down. It's a 5/10 at best IMO, and while I do like MMA as a sport, I do not like how they did nothing more than take the Karate kid's general concept, and tack on the modern-day MMA without any inspiration to make it even marginally original. This is usually a cliche' that I find to be a classic but it was just made too blatant, and had no heart to it. Granted, Djimon Hounsou's still awesome, I'll give the movie that much, but overall, it's just what Step Up would be if they used MMA, it has the same smug and virtually brainless kids, about as much originality in presenting a sense of anarchy within the characters, and a not-too believable "sidekick" character.

Oh, and I also saw Dead or Alive, knowing full well its fate (I don't even like the games much, really). But the promotional pictures just amused me too much to ignore it. For example, the shot where the five female leads, all wielding poorly made stainless-steel Katanas (which they were holding incorrectly, by the way) standing over a bunch of dead purple samurai, half of whom were visibly awake.

wicker_man
1. 8 Mile
2. Children of the Living Dead
3. Get Rich or Die Tryin'
4. Snakes on a Train
5. The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift

jaden101
i'd have to put the awfulness that is this in amongst the worst ever films

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by wicker_man 1. 8 Mile
2. Children of the Living Dead
3. Get Rich or Die Tryin'
4. Snakes on a Train
5. The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift

huh

deathbycorn
Whoever said Candyman 2, come on have you seen the third? The 2nd is heaps better.

And Tokyo Drift is a full on cheese flavoured popcorn film. If you don't like that I don't like you.

Chewy07
Jaws 3-D
Jaws: The Revenge
Lake Placid 2
Beverly Hills Cop 3
Epic Movie

deathbycorn
Jesus christ, Jaws sequels RULE.

Kazenji
Pardon the sarcasm.....

wicker_man
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
huh

Yes it does exist.

wicker_man
Originally posted by deathbycorn
Whoever said Candyman 2, come on have you seen the third? The 2nd is heaps better.

And Tokyo Drift is a full on cheese flavoured popcorn film. If you don't like that I don't like you.

Oh well I'll have to live with that thought.

Bicnarok
The most disappointing film Ive ever seen was contact 2. utter crap compared to the first one.

But Titanic is up there as well, as boring as painting a field green.

Kovacs86
1) V for Vendetta.
2) From Hell.
3) League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.
4 and 5) Every one of the "...Movie" movies...

Raoul
Ultraviolet was awful, imo...

i dislike far too many movies to shorten the list, though...

Bicnarok

Arcluce
I can only name one off the top of my head. I could only watch half way through it before I had to shut it off.

100 million bc (bad acting and directing)

ladygrim
Originally posted by Chewy07
Jaws 3-D
Jaws: The Revenge
Lake Placid 2
Beverly Hills Cop 3
Epic Movie

Theres a lake placid 2 no expression

BlazingBarrells
Ultraviolet, Hitman, Ghost Rider, to name a few. Oh, and i dont think films like Lake Placid 2 and Snakes on a Train should be counted on this list, or any list of this kind. There are a bahjillion more movies EXACTLY like this, the ones that arent even worth viewing in the first place, the ones that you can tell will suck from thirty feet away just by looking at the dvd case. This list should be narrowed down to flicks that actually have a theatrical release. Sure, there are a few gems that have no release, and they should be included, but they are few and far between........IMO of course......

jnhisme
the top 5 or so for me would be....
1. funny games. **** this movie.
2. cloverfeild. gave me a headache.
3. cabin fever. wow... the thrill died down maybe 20 minutes or less into the movie.
4. sweeny tod. borrrriiinnnnggggg.
5. bridge to terabithia or however yew spell it. just.... ugh....
6. 28 weeks later (other than the great gore... it suckd. bad end)
7. last one... yeh uh i am legend. many parts were fine but really??? hahaha.

all of them either started out good and workd there way down a hill or just suckd completely....
dangggg people r dumb with movie ideas...
especially w endings.....
also once is enuf 4 that narnia shittt. they were alright but only once. smokin'

Joshua1277
I realy dont have a top 5 worst movies i dont hate any that much but i have a friend who has a book called Worlds Worst Movies

Ace of Knaves
As far as The Dark Knight is concerned, I don't look at it as a real movie in the classic sense. It's the best Batman movie ever made, but like Star Wars it goes far, far beyond the category of movies. Batman has been around for over 70 years and isn't going out of style any time soon. Comic Books, novels, action figures, movies, cartoons, video games. Batman is an industry unto itself and that industry has a lot of fans. Some here are likely getting tired of hearing about it because people who would consider themselves Batman fans first and movie fans second blur the line between a good movie and a truly great Batman movie. I think it was a great movie, but I don't look at it only as a movie.

My worst movies:

Blair Witch Project
Queen of the Damned
Mac and Me
Cool World

Toku King
I think that 'franchises' are in order.

-All "Movie" movies done by Friedburg and Seltzer
-All Sci Fi Channel Original Movies
-All Asylum films
-All "Land Before Time" movies past 6.
-All "Saw"/"Hostel" franchises.

AC/DC'S_LVR

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Kovacs86
1) V for Vendetta.
2) From Hell.
3) League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.
4 and 5) Every one of the "...Movie" movies...

those movies rock, i guess i'm a shit eater then.
I think i would have to nominate the ploice academy movie's, Hell Ride, troll 2 and silent deadly night 5, and finally,....,NORBIT.

and what do you mean by movie movies, ?

Sadako of Girth
Battle. Field. Earth.

Can I just put that down four more times...?

Kazenji
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

and what do you mean by movie movies, ?

I think he means them Scary movie, Superhero movie, Epic Movie and so on.......

Originally posted by jnhisme
6. 28 weeks later (other than the great gore... it suckd. bad end)

That was a good sequal there alot more worst movies then it.

willofthewisp
I was just going to say 28 Weeks Later!

1. The Prisoner (Jackie Chan movie)
2. The Phantom Menace
3. Tom and Jerry: The Movie
4. Bram Stoker's Dracula....I have a feeling a few will disagree with me there
5. The Stupids

Mr Parker

Tank Girl

Leonard Part 6

Dead Ringers

Wing Commander

The Dark Knight

I know you were just kidding about dark knight hiker.

MildPossession
I'm one, it's one of the best Dracula films out there, obviously try to forget Reeves... if Reeves wasn't in it then it would have been perfect. The music score is wonderful and memorable too.

willofthewisp
Not trying to start a debate or anything, MildPossession, but have you read the book?

MildPossession
Yearsssssssss ago.

UKR
I thought Bram Stoker's Dracula sucked, it was a total chick flick with almost no action and a bunch of romantic shit. But one part that was impressive was that they actually made Jesus seem kind of cool when Anthony Hopkins repelled Lucy (when she was turned into a vampire) with a crucifix. Not to mention that in that movie the vampires actually seemed alien and inhuman, like they were unnatural creatures merely wearing human bodies...not like vampires who have any human qualities, can fall in love, are morally redeemable or are basically regular people with flesh-colored smeg on their foreheads. Anyway, the '98 all-American Godzilla sucked all-American dingleberries. Flying orangutan crap acting (is a form of deification when used to refer to the so-called "acting" in this movie), and it had that dork in it, Matthew Broderick. The whole movie was just a piece of scaly iguana shit, I mean what was the deal with not even being able to see the monster until the movie was 90% over? And the part where the people were being chased by pseudo-velociraptors was indescribable (not in a good way). I would never defile any sewer, no matter how foulsome, by flushing this piece of mee krob into it. This movie was subhuman even compared to feces. Damned Matthew Broderick.

Also, my first post in a long time.

botankus
Hair
Neverwas
Lara Croft
Running With Scissors
The Man

willofthewisp
Originally posted by UKR
I thought Bram Stoker's Dracula sucked, it was a total chick flick with almost no action and a bunch of romantic shit. But one part that was impressive was that they actually made Jesus seem kind of cool when Anthony Hopkins repelled Lucy (when she was turned into a vampire) with a crucifix. Not to mention that in that movie the vampires actually seemed alien and inhuman, like they were unnatural creatures merely wearing human bodies...not like vampires who have any human qualities, can fall in love, are morally redeemable or are basically regular people with flesh-colored smeg on their foreheads.

That's how I felt about it. It seemed to me that making Dracula and Mina each other's love interests cheapened both their characters. They're mortal (immortal?) enemies in the book. Maybe if I did like a Worst 15 or 20 list, Shrek the Third would be on there. I was so disappointed with that one.

m.ramius

There's always someone like you. You have zero credibility now.

Obviously you're free not to like these movies. But to say that RotK is one of the 5 worst movies ever made...c'mon.

You have to be able to recognize the difference between movies like "Epic Movie" or "Date Movie" or "From Justin To Kelley" and Lord of the Rings, no? Do you know what goes in to actually making a movie?

One of my favorite movies ever is Groundhog Day. So, because it's my favorite does that mean I think it's the single greatest movie ever made? No, there's a difference. If you can't recognize the difference between something you don't like and something that has no value at all you have no right to consider yourself a film/movie fan.

Or, you're just another person that says things like that to be a contrarian.

Quincy
Originally posted by m.ramius

Obviously you're free not to like these movies. But to say that RotK is one of the 5 worst movies ever made...c'mon.

You have to be able to recognize the difference between movies like "Epic Movie" or "Date Movie" or "From Justin To Kelley" and Lord of the Rings, no? Do you know what goes in to actually making a movie?

One of my favorite movies ever is Groundhog Day. So, because it's my favorite does that mean I think it's the single greatest movie ever made? No, there's a difference. If you can't recognize the difference between something you don't like and something that has no value at all you have no right to consider yourself a film/movie fan.

Oh and he lays it down! Boo ya!

MildPossession
Leave Jaden alone with the zero credibility/film fan rubbish, he still likes a lot of excellent films if you look around the boards. Mr Van Helsing fan... stick out tongue

willofthewisp
Can I add in Strange Wilderness to my list?

m.ramius
Leave Jaden alone with the zero credibility/film fan rubbish, he still likes a lot of excellent films if you look around the boards. Mr Van Helsing fan... stick out tongue

I enjoy Van Helsing. I never said it was the best movie ever, I enjoy it for what it is. Campy, cheesy fun.

Anyone that says that Lord of the Rings are the worst movies ever made has no credibility. They're free not to like them, of course.

Please tell me you know there's a difference.

MildPossession
It's just the 'credibility' comment made me laugh when you stand up for movies like Van Helsing. smile

Anyway, I enjoyed the LOTR films, just not in my favourites.

jaden101

Wow...I have zero credibility with a junior member with a total of 16 posts...Should i feel hurt or should i just not give a shit?

Given that there isn't really a way of objectively saying what are great and what are terrible films then everything is subjective. So my opinion that those films are the worst ever stands because they are the worst to me. The acting, for the most part, is shit (with the exception of Ian Mckellen, The cinematography is horrid for reasons i've stated on this board before (long sweeping battlefield shots do not, a good film, make)

If you'd like to know what i consider to be the two greatest films ever then they are "Life is beautiful" and "Garden State"...again...for subjective reasons.

As for movies like "date movie" etc...A lot of people list them, along with the likes of "battlefield earth" and "gigli" as the worst films ever...Not because they've actually gone out and watched them for themselves but because a bunch of critics (who are only using their subjective opinion) say they are the worst.

So you say i've no right to call myself a movie fan...I'd say someone who simply regurgitates the opinions of others has far less of a right to call themselves a movie fan than someone who actually makes up their own mind about a movie rather than being swayed by hype and the opinions of supposed "experts"

m.ramius
I don't really read critics' reviews of movies...so I'm not sure what you're talking about there.

I'm also not sure what post count has to do with anything. I know to some folks on the internet the amount of times they've pushed the "reply" button on a web forum seems to be directly proportional with the amount of "credibility" they have. To me, however, one has nothing to do with the other. I tend to believe in quality over quantity. I'd say that the amount of time one has spent actually, you know living on this earth, has more weight when determining credibility.

I've seen far worse cinematography in movies than that which can be found in any of the LotR movies.

Maybe you haven't seen a lot of movies upon which to base your comparison? I mean...LotR has the worst cinematography you've ever seen? I mean...top five worst cinematography job of all time? Wow.

How about the Vanilla Ice movie? You think that's a better movie than the LotR trilogy? Don't talk to me about credibility.

But all this is moot. I think you're just one of those people that say "shocking" things for the sake of nothing more than simply saying shocking things...to appear as though you're the wheat that rises above the chaff.

jaden101
For a start, as i've said, i don't comment on movies i haven't seen and i don't understand the reason why people do...I would hazard a guess at sheep mentality....It seems that when a thread like this comes up people google "worst movies ever" and then post what they find to pretend and show how knowlegable and informed they are so that when other sheep google the same thing they notice other posters have said the same movies and think they must know what they're talking about.

Your point about the amount of time living on this earth...You're how old?...Do you happen to know how old i am without looking at my profile?

Besides...I'd say seeing a quantity of movies so as to compare many films is very important in determining what you think are good and bad movies...I happen to have had the privilege of seeing a lot of movies. Some excellent and some absolutely dire. i own around 1700 dvds as of my last count. I just happen to have listed the films which i have enjoyed the least. I agree that there are cheaper and more badly made films out there but that's not what makes a film good or bad. It's how much you enjoy it that determines your opinion of a film. (as you almost point out in regards to you liking groundhog day) I've happily admitted that i don't like the fantasy genre as a whole and so i knew i wouldn't like the LotR movies but i got them on dvd as gifts and despite my dislike towards fantasy i still watched them. As it happens i've even said several times on this forum that i actually like the two towers as a stand alone film as it has some cracking moments including one of my favourite scenes in any film (Elrond's speech to Arwen about the inevitability of Aragorn's death)

As for quality over quantity regarding posts...I've made threads relating to a host of great and bad films (i'll leave you to make up your own mind which is which) including

Dead man's shoes
Somers town
Waltz with Bashir
Mongol
Gonzo
Doomsday
City of Men
Last house on the left 2009
Rise of the footsoldier
Romanzo Criminale
Curse of the Golden Flower
Poseidon
Open Hearts
Last Days
The Kite Runner
The Fog
Disco Pigs
Land of the dead
Four Rooms

So no...i don't simply say things to be shocking or to deliberately get people like you annoyed...i say what i believe to be the truth from my P.O.V...I'm even happy to reevaluate my opinions in that i watched Superman IV: Quest for peace again and that'd now take the no 1 spot in my worst movies of all time list.

Sadako of Girth
I must that that for some reason Im surprised you dont like Anchorman, Jaden.
I would have thought that its firm command of irony, lunacy and outright quotability might have appealed to you.
I certainly like the movie.

Why do you hate it so...?

jaden101
I don't know. I just prefer really dark and really sick humour...stuff like league of gentlemen and nighty night...or subtle reference humour like in hot fuzz and spaced....

The only Anchorman scene i laughed at i think was in the legend of ron burgendy when they're in the car and champ kind is declaring his love for ron

Sadako of Girth
Heh. Fair enough....

Cheers. smile

Class stuff, spaced.

m.ramius
Ahh, I get it. It's not just to be shocking so much as it's a desire to not be enjoying something that's popular.

If "ignorant sheep" (your words) like something, you're unable to like it. You're, afterall, much more intelligent and refined than the rest of the proletariat.

People like you can't enjoy a movie that the common masses enjoy...because than you'd be just another mindless drone like us. You like unknown directors in foreign countries, making "independant" "artistic" movies that require a superior mind to comprehend.

Got it...I know the type.

MildPossession
Hot Fuzz is very popular here in the UK...

m.ramius
Hot Fuzz is great. I like all different genres of humor. I'd go crazy if I only allowed myself to "like" one type or brand of humor.

Everything from Monty Python to Animal House to Death to Smoochy crack me up.

jaden101
Ahh, I get it. It's not just to be shocking so much as it's a desire to not be enjoying something that's popular.

If "ignorant sheep" (your words) like something, you're unable to like it. You're, afterall, much more intelligent and refined than the rest of the proletariat.

People like you can't enjoy a movie that the common masses enjoy...because than you'd be just another mindless drone like us. You like unknown directors in foreign countries, making "independant" "artistic" movies that require a superior mind to comprehend.

Got it...I know the type.

Not at all...i've went to see and enjoyed a lot of mainstream movies in the last couple of years...300, superman, transformers to name but a few....all good mindless action films...so snobbery is not something i can be accused of...just because you haven't heard of them doesn't make them unknown so don't try and presume because you're ignorant of them that everyone else is. I also see nothing wrong in informing people of movies they might not have seen. You even completely missed what the ignorant sheep comment was about, which was those who fire off opinions about movies they haven't even seen because some list on the internet tells them what to think.

willofthewisp
Wow...I guess you guys will have to agree to disagree and free up the thread for other people to say what the worst movies are in their opinion. That's right, opinion. I myself don't really care for the LOTR movies too much, but it's a matter of taste. I can't really explain it because I very much enjoy Harry Potter and usually enjoy epic movies with a large ensemble cast and big battles (see my sig, for example). So I can understand why someone wouldn't be into them. To say they weren't well made...I disagree with that, but come on. Cinema is subjective, as all art is. Just roll with what people say, state your feelings on why you feel otherwise, and move on.

jaden101
I never said they weren't well made but then it's hard to go wrong with a budget of upwards of 100 million dollars. The fact is though, that as i said, the cinematography was shit especially with regards to the battles. How they managed to make the ending seem both rushed and labouriously long is an absolute mystery to me. I've given my reasons for not liking...people are free to disagree...but to say i have no credibility because of my opinion of 2 films which the general public liked is utter nonsense. By that argument, Johnathan Ross' opinion on films, for which he is paid a lot of money and presents the UK's most well known film review show, is to be ignored because he didn't like the Dark Knight...Not because he's wrong but because the mass public liked it.

m.ramius
You seem to be a reasonable guy, and I apologize for going ad-hominem on you so quickly. I really do.

My only point, and it seems to be getting confused here, is that your opinion of not liking them is not what I take issue with. I don't like a lot of movies that enjoyed critical and mainstream success. But I respect the effort that went into making them.

I'm able to separate my taste in movies from the actual technical work that goes into making them.

I'm not arguing that you are wrong for disliking them...of course you're free to like/dislike any movie. You can say the ending it drawn out and/or boring or the battle sequences are convoluted...but you should be able to recognize they are well made movies. I believe that one should be able to objectively say that, while not enjoying a movie, it has its merits.

I tried to illustrate this in my examples. Saying that one of my favorite movies is Groundhog Day, but I would sound extremely foolish to say that it's one of the greatest films ever made.

Also, I asked that if you believe the LotR movies to be among the very worst movies ever filmed are you saying that the Vanilla Ice movie is better?

With those examples in mind...I can't help but think that :

A) You haven't seen that many movies
B) You're saying they're the worst movies ever made just to make the point that you don't like them...to be shocking.

So, in talking with you I refuse to believe A and am inclined to go with B.

So, again, I'm not arguing with the fact that you don't like them...you're free not to.

jaden101
The problem is though, that just because a film has a large budget and has high production values (which LotR has in abundance) doesn't make it a good film.

It's the same principle with music...Just because many guitarists are hugely talented from a technical standpoint doesn't mean that their songs are actually good.

That's what i feel about LotR...Yes i can appreciate the special effects (bar the army of the dead in RotK because that looked utterly terrible)

But for me the only scene that stood out was when the remaining army of men marched on the black gates....when the gate opened and you could see the eye of Sauron and mount doom behind the gate while the massive orc army surrounded Aragorn and co....That, for me, was an exceptional scene in an otherwise poor movie, from a cinematography standpoint.

As for your question...again i've answered it...I haven't seen the vanilla ice movie...and i don't comment on movies i haven't seen...i'd be happy to say that i don't hold any hope whatsoever for it being good.

When it comes down to final opinion though, the technical merits don't really factor into it when deciding what you like and don't like...even though i've commented on cinematography. When i'm watching the movie, i dont actively think "that shot could have been constructed better"...I watch...and i either enjoy or i don't enjoy...and given that all opinions on movies are subjective then the films i listed are the ones i enjoyed the least...thus, to me, they are the worst films or at least of the ones i've seen.

liebe911
Thank God i have not seen any movies in the list

FistOfThe North
hm..

i'll have to say, and in no order ..

1. Coneheads

2. Speed 2

3. Batman and Robin

4. The Marine (starring John Cena)

&

5. Battlefield Earth you ratbrain.

(dis) honorable mention: every single "hellraiser" movie after pt. 2, "street fighter the movie", "ghost ship", all romantic comedies ever made and every SciFi channel original movie ever made.

vintageSW77

Slay
Star Games. At first when I saw this movie on tv I thought to myself ''It's funny to see how special effects were in the early 80's and how far the movie industy has come when it comes to that.'' Then I heard it was from 2001. Also, the kids who were in the movie have to be the most annoying movie-kids of all time.

I'll have to think about the rest of my list.

Edit: it's from 1998 not 2001.

Sado22
1. any thing by Uwe Boll
2. strange case of dr. jekyl and mr.hyde (2006) starring tony todd
3. sound of thunder
4. covenant
5. terminator3....seriously, how do you f0ck up with such great movies as predecessors

jaden101
Originally posted by Sado22

5. terminator3....seriously, how do you f0ck up with such great movies as predecessors

good choice...forgot how epically jobbies that film was.

K.Diddy
beer After Reading this thread it seems most of you fools don't know what a bad movie really is......

smokin' Off the top of my head here are 5 movies that will put most movies listed in this thread to shame

1.Gigli-This is bad.......very bad

2.Mr Jingles- I DARE you to sit through this

3.Giant Shark vs Mega octopuss-Should of been called ''The Submarine of the worlds worst dialouge and acting

4.Surfer Dude-What the **** was this?

5.The Exorcist 2-If anyone found a story here can they let me know

ADarksideJedi
oh and the movie "Are we there yet?"

the ninjak
Stupid Max Payne.

Worst film of 2009.

Myth
Tetsuo: The Iron Man

Worst. Movie. Ever.

King Kandy
I don't care about the other four but "New World" was absolutely the biggest waste of film i've ever had the displeasure of witnessing. I almost walked out it was so bad (but I didn't, because I thought the people I was with were enjoying it. Actually, they wanted to walk out as well but thought I was enjoying it)!

Nemesis X
1.Resident Evil
2.Resident Evil Apocalypse
3.Resident Evil Extinction
4.Resident Evil Afterlife
5.Fifth Resident Evil movie that'll come out whenever

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Nemesis X
1.Resident Evil
2.Resident Evil Apocalypse
3.Resident Evil Extinction
4.Resident Evil Afterlife
5.Fifth Resident Evil movie that'll come out whenever

erm See,I find this irritating,ok I understand that you dont like the Resident Evil Movies but they are nowhere even close to the worst movies ever made

the ninjak
Originally posted by Myth
Tetsuo: The Iron Man

Worst. Movie. Ever.

Stay away from the art films then. Awesome film.

darthmaul1
good choice...forgot how epically jobbies that film was.

What the hell was wrong with t3???

My picks would be.
Star trek 5
Transformers 2
Watchmen
Cloverfield
Mutant chronicles

Myth
Originally posted by the ninjak
Awesome film.

I'm in shock. But to each his own.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by darthmaul1

Watchmen
Cloverfield

erm How the **** can they come close to the worst movies ever made?

Starbreaker
Prism
S.I.C.K.
Land of the Lost
White Chicks
Pulse

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by K.Diddy
erm How the **** can they come close to the worst movies ever made?

Does it seriously matter that much to you? He's got his own opinion.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>