Flash: Rebirth.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Juntai
The team of Green Lantern Rebirth is bringing back Barry Allen, full time, to the DC Universe.
I'm excited.

Discuss.

jumpmann
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GIeWjLC_SB0

Raoul
...link?

Juntai
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/080724-comiccon-flash-rebirth.html

Raoul
Originally posted by Juntai
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/080724-comiccon-flash-rebirth.html

sweet. flash since wally's return (assuming he's in it at all) hasn't been the best...

Juntai
I'm hoping for Aquaman Rebirth next. lol.
But right now, this is AWESOME news for the Flash-verse.
Creative teams don't get much better than Johns/Van Sciver.

Raoul
I'm hoping for Aquaman Rebirth next. lol.
But right now, this is AWESOME news for the Flash-verse.
Creative teams don't get much better than Johns/Van Sciver.

johns/reis 13

Darth Vicious
While Im not a huge Flash fan, If they do a great job like they did with GL:Rebirth, Im in! Van Sciver's art is serious!

Scoobless
Can't anyone just stay dead?

llagrok
More barry goodness D:

Val-E-Doosh
I'm not excited.
Discuss.

Erik-Lensherr
no expression

Val-E-Doosh
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
no expression
*goes to change name again*

Erik-Lensherr
What do you say at 'reasons for change' ?
"Well, you know .. it's been a week already" ?

Val-E-Doosh
This thread is now about me. In your face, Juntai.

Discuss.

Endrict Nuul
Looks cool, but dunno if I want to start Flash, never was really a fan...

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
While Im not a huge Flash fan, If they do a great job like they did with GL:Rebirth, Im in! Van Sciver's art is serious!

Originally posted by Scoobless
Can't anyone just stay dead?

Nah, you know comic book characters will never die. They'll be retconned and reborn at least 5 or more times

WrathfulDwarf
The team of Green Lantern Rebirth is bringing back Barry Allen, full time, to the DC Universe.
I'm excited.

Discuss.

I think is time to rename DC to Geoff Johns Comics.

Gawd! I can't wait!

*points and laugh @ Wally's fans*

Symmetric Chaos
Sciver drawing for Flash droolio

Johns writing is nice too n' stuff.

I don't think I've actually read any SilverAge Flash material but at the very least this should be interesting. Within the DCU it seems like everybody loved Barry but I suppose he'll have to deal with serious culture shock and decades of changes that he missed out on completely.

llagrok
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Sciver drawing for Flash droolio

Johns writing is nice too n' stuff.

I don't think I've actually read any SilverAge Flash material but at the very least this should be interesting. Within the DCU it seems like everybody loved Barry but I suppose he'll have to deal with serious culture shock and decades of changes that he missed out on completely.

I hope he punches Power Girl in the **** and tells her to dress properly.

And beats up the JLA for having them mindwipe people.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by llagrok
I hope he punches Power Girl in the **** and tells her to dress properly.

And beats up the JLA for having them mindwipe people.

Barry once had his entire Rogues gallery mindwiped and given alternate personalities. I don't think he's going to feel justified coming down too hard on the JLA for mindwiping a few villains.

llagrok
Barry once had his entire Rogues gallery mindwiped and given alternate personalities. I don't think he's going to feel justified coming down too hard on the JLA for mindwiping a few villains.

He can do whatever the hell he puts his mind to mad

Black Adam
Hooray for silver age fan wankery.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by llagrok
He can do whatever the hell he puts his mind to mad

He just got the Top to do it actually.

llagrok
He just got the Top to do it actually.

Yeah, the nutjobs have to do all the work.

lft4ded

Juntai
Originally posted by Val-E-Doosh
This thread is now about me. In your face, Juntai.

Discuss. lmao.

Val-E-Doosh
There's no reason to think Wally is going to disappear. I imagine this going to end up like GL: Rebirth where every character gets their own spotlight.

Geoff says he wants Flash to be a brand like Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman and GL are and you certainly don't make a brand by pushing popular characters to the wayside.

Remember that GL: Rebirth was billed as the return of Hal Jordan but it also gave us back Kilowog, returned Guy and John to the Corps, and kept Kyle alive which isn't something anyone thought would happen.

Martian_mind
Just waiting for Martian Manhunter:Rebirth.

This is good too.

Boy Blue
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
no expression I thought I had more than Val.

Argh.

Aztec123
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Just waiting for Martian Manhunter:Rebirth.

This is good too.

It's never going to happen. wink

Aztec123
I'm excited.

Discuss.

It sounds like a great idea.
As long as they dont kill Wally.
or write him of from the JLA.
Who knows with Allen around, we might witness
something similar to the Sinestro Corps. imo

BlackZero30x
i love the flash alot and berry just so happens to be my fav.......BUT (and i know is a comic book and all) I just think that death is not a dramatic thing like it once was because ppl now just expect hero's to come back from the dead sooner or later and honestly while im so excited about berry's return i still think that were losing the drama of deah in comics...i mean what did everyone feel when they saw the series The Death of SuperMan or when hal had died. it was a shame to lose them but when they keep coming back then ppl starts to look at the cover and say "hum wonder how they die this time?"....but still im pretty excited for berry to be back!

GGS
What a joke just when you think DC has cut across Marvel and provided some logic in the comic books they come along and do this....

Leave a heroic dead character dead....oooooooooooooohhh noooo we can't do that money has to be made *sigh*

Like Barry is going to fit rightttttt into the rules the DC universe of today subscribes to.......Just another corny attempt to spin money out of the fans that will end in dissapointment.

Bart Allen RIP for you where butchered well before your time

Raoul
they brought hal back, i dont see why barry cant be brought back...

WrathfulDwarf
I think the whole original idea was to kill Bart and use him as a vehicle to bring back Barry. But somehow Wally end up in the middle...and you can tell DC wanted to please the fans of Wally by making him a JLA member in such a short period of time.

As mention earlier....all the flashes can work like with the green lanterns.

And if we follow the pattern style of Geoff Johns....expect to see Bart sometime during the Blackest Night.

I would put money on this bet...

Val-E-Doosh
Seems obvious now that Bart isn't dead considering the whole lightning rod deal. Obviously wasn't Barry inside there.

WrathfulDwarf
I guess tonight is Flash night.... stick out tongue

Anywhoo, I was wondering if Geoff will uber the Speed force for Rebirth. It would be interesting if he does the same as he did with the Oa Battery.

roughrider
Originally posted by Vally Doosh
I'm not excited.
Discuss.

I second that.
Wally brought so much more personality to the character than Barry Allen - unless Barry will just be a supporting player like Jay Garrick.

The original COIE is now all for naught.

Grimm22
Originally posted by roughrider
I second that.
Wally brought so much more personality to the character than Barry Allen - unless Barry will just be a supporting player like Jay Garrick.

The original COIE is now all for naught.

Supergirl's headband hasn't returned....has it? shifty

Anyway, Barry is an awesome character so i'm kind of glad he's coming back, while at the same time i'm afraid DC's going to completely mess up his characterization by having him be written by some fool who doesn't know anything about him. Should be interesting none the less.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Grimm22
i'm afraid DC's going to completely mess up his characterization by having him be written by some fool who doesn't know anything about him.

Yeah, Geoff Johns.

He doesn't know anything about the Flashes.

Accel
Why is any one getting all giddy at the idea of Barry returning permanently?

This sounds a like a really stupid idea.

Grimm22

Juntai
Originally posted by Grimm22
I didn't say Geoff Johns, I said DC.

For every great issue written by Johns or some other author who gets characters right, there's 3 issues written by some fill in writer who's trying to make a name for himself by making things seem edgy and whatnot.

Oh course, I only have this fear because of how god awful the flash books have been Post-IC Wouldn't have been a problem, if they would have stuck with Bart.

Vally Doosh
Wouldn't have been a problem, if they would have stuck with Bart.
http://i38.tinypic.com/2n16p88.gif

Kris Blaze

Well, something's happening to Wally...

Raoul

i think its that they had crap writing since wally's return as much as anything else...

good writing would have made it work imo...

Vally Doosh
There wasn't a good writer available interested in Wally. I love the character but his time had expired (like all characters eventually do) and it's even more aggravating because Guggenheim's Bart Flash book was starting to kick ass.

Raoul
Originally posted by Vally Doosh
There wasn't a good writer available interested in Wally. I love the character but his time had expired (like all characters eventually do) and it's even more aggravating because Guggenheim's Bart Flash book was starting to kick ass.

i thought it only got good when bart was really up against it... if he hadn't been marked for death, i doubt it would have been as good...

and i don't think wally's time had passed, just that it was always going to be hard to write him after what johns spoiled us with...

Philosophía
I really enjoyed Bart's run as the Flash. It's too bad they killed him, he had potential.

Cartesian Doubt
The bit that worries me is when he says
'Id like to develop the quasi science of the Speed Force'

We're obviously going to get more fictional meta physics which is only going to confuse writers in the future. I mean although thewill powered plasma of the green Lanterns has made sense to a certain degree, its already causing problems . Rings seem to be not work at full capacity's when not fully recharged, yet there are numerous incidents to contradict this . As long as he doesn't make the Flashes speed related to some mystic spiritual concept I'll be happy. This is suppose to be science Fiction; not religion.

Raoul
So... Who read #2?

Barry as the Black Flash. Honestly didn't see that coming, even thought it makes sense with what happened to Savitar... Hal Jordan Spectre anyone?

guy222
Posted scans on my other sites

Really good

Raoul
Originally posted by guy222
Posted scans on my other sites

Really good

yeah, i liked it too. seemed like an improvement over the first by a decent amount...

guy222
indeed

Galan007
Originally posted by Raoul
So... Who read #2?

Barry as the Black Flash. Honestly didn't see that coming, even thought it makes sense with what happened to Savitar... I can't be 100% sure yet, but Barry's new look seems fairly similiar to what Dark Flash sported, back in the day.

The new Barry:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/1686192/bf2.jpg.html

Dark Flash:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/1686193/bf3.jpg.html

Sorta kinda? kinda

Symmetric Chaos
Dark Flash was just a guy from another reality wasn't he?

Mindset

Mindset
Originally posted by Galan007
I can't be 100% sure yet, but Barry's new look seems fairly similiar to what Dark Flash sported, back in the day.

The new Barry:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/1686192/bf2.jpg.html

Dark Flash:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/1686193/bf3.jpg.html

Sorta kinda? kinda No, not at all you fool!

Galan007
Dark Flash was just a guy from another reality wasn't he? He was an alternate Wally.

Originally posted by Mindset
No, not at all you fool! I thought they did.. sad

-K-M-
So does this mean the Black Racer is dead again?

tjcoady
Originally posted by -K-M-
So does this mean the Black Racer is dead again?

What a loaded question.

Battlehammer
I like Wally way better the Barry

Symmetric Chaos
I can barely tell them apart in costume and it's annoying no expression

Frankly I haven't read enough stuff with Barry in it to make a decision, but Wally's always been the real Flash to me.

Battlehammer
cosigned

lft4ded
I always focus on the belt and boots...and of course Wally should be leading Barry all the way these days! big grin

Raoul
Wally > Barry.

Even Johns said that in issue 3, Barry will have to wonder if he's getting in Wally's way, as e's been the Flash for so long...

Philosophía
I think Barry being the new Black Flash was pretty predictable after the first issue, and I don't like how Wally looked like a noob in the fight from the end, while Barry was handling her with ease. Other than that, everything was exceptional.

Galan007

Raoul
I have no idea why they'd make the speed difference that extreme between Wally and Barry, either. I mean, Alexandrova gets amped by the powers of "hundreds" of other speedsters, making her seemingly faster than Wally in their brief encounter (but with that kind of ampage I guess it does sort of make sense.) But then Barry just steps in and catches/owns her as though she's a slow feeb? My god.

Another question I have is why there's so much feedback throughout the speed force when Barry kills someone? That's never happened before (that I can recall.)

maybe barry got an amp when he returned, and that it's part of him becoming the black flash?

but yeah, i didn't like how they seemed so mismatched...

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Raoul
maybe barry got an amp when he returned, and that it's part of him becoming the black flash?

but yeah, i didn't like how they seemed so mismatched...

Or maybe it's because Wally is a pussy compared to Barry?

Seriously though, the girl only attacked Wally. She didn't launch any strikes on Barry. If she had attacked Barry and cut him up, Wally most likely would've been the one intercepting. Anyways, didn't Barry pretty much admit that Wally was faster in FC? When he told Wally how he had been running from the Black Flash for ages, and Wally was all "I outran him"

Slaanesh
i don't like this issue..they just downplay Wally to make Barry look good..i just hate that..

Al the Killer
Downplaying the current hero to make his old foggie of a predecessor look more badass? Definitely brought to you by the writer of Green Lantern: Rebirth.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Al the Killer
Downplaying the current hero to make his old foggie of a predecessor look more badass? Definitely brought to you by the writer of Green Lantern: Rebirth.

GL: Rebirth had the good grace to make some of the other GLs look badass too . . .

Kris Blaze

You mean the comic which collectively brought up like 5-10 new green lanterns and gave all of them some decent showings along with a personality? laughing

Al the Killer
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
You mean the comic which collectively brought up like 5-10 new green lanterns and gave all of them some decent showings along with a personality? laughing
None of that ever happened btw.

Kris Blaze
None of that ever happened btw.

Get the stick out your ass wing-douche.

Al the Killer
GL: Rebirth had the good grace to make some of the other GLs look badass too . . .
I suppose Kyle got a nice cheapshot in on Sinestro (only after Sinestro got done tossing him around).

tjcoady
I suppose Kyle got a nice cheapshot in on Sinestro (only after Sinestro got done tossing him around).

Is your name a reference to Coheed and Cambria?

Galan007
The ease in which Barry smoked Superman = ohhh

guy222
indeed

it was an ok read

Symmetric Chaos
The ease in which Barry smoked Superman = ohhh

You kiddin'? Flashes am da shiznit!

Digi
This feels like the beginning of the next Crisis, where they have to kill off a bunch of people because the DC universe is just getting too damn cluttered. Except they'll have to call it something else, since "Final Crisis" kinda shut the door on that label.

Not sure why I'm reading this. I don't even like Flash that much (any of them). When you have an awesome, iconic death like Barry's in the original crisis, you should keep it. Not every character needs to come back. The whole thing seems cheap now.

Raoul
Issue was largely meh, imo.

xJLxKing
I didn't like the issue. To much talking and then Superman loses to Barry like nothing.

Nothing serious happened.

Allankles
That's the problem of bringing back long dead characters whose roles have already been adequately filled, they just can't get into the run of play.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Allankles
That's the problem of bringing back long dead characters whose roles have already been adequately filled, they just can't get into the run of play.

Kris Blaze
I was expecting it to kick off and become a really great comic.

Nothing yet :/

Also, Superman got pwned.

Slaanesh
what's wrong with it??i think it's a great comic..i always enjoy reading anything with the flash in it..

willRules
I find it ironic that a series called Flash is moving so slowly.....

Rage.Of.Olympus
John's writes excellent stories but when it comes to power levels he has no clue what he is doing in my opinion. I love his stories but I hate it whenever he gets his hands on Wally. The stories are good but Wally more than often ends up a punching bag with just a ton of bad showings. Breaking his hand hitting Grodd, needing like 15 seconds to run to another city even in a situation where his going all out. Crap like that annoys me.

Also the little things in the series gets to me. Shit like Barry saying Bart's connection to the Speed Force might rival Wally's pisses me the hell off. Wally mainlines the entire Speed Force completely. Hell, he did so before he gained the power up Bart had as the Flash. Also Jay Garrick calling Barry the fastest man. Crap like that gets to me.

Barry had it right the first time, why the hell do you need him when you have Wally? I'm just ranting, but it's not baseless......

Juntai
Shouldn't be too surprising. Bart > other Flashes.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Shouldn't be too surprising. Bart > other Flashes.

Based on what exactly?

Even with the upgrade he received when he was the Flash, he did nothing to prove that he is on par with Wally. Hell, when Wally came back to the Earth dimension, he took Bart's powers including the upgrade, because he mainlines the Speed Force.

So what has Bart done to prove that he is greater than the other Flashes?

Wally > Barry/Bart > Max Mecury, Jay Garrick and the others.

xJLxKing
I always thought that Bart>>Wally>Barry>Jay. Or Wally>Bart>Barry>Jay

Juntai
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Based on what exactly?

Even with the upgrade he received when he was the Flash, he did nothing to prove that he is on par with Wally. Hell, when Wally came back to the Earth dimension, he took Bart's powers including the upgrade, because he mainlines the Speed Force.

So what has Bart done to prove that he is greater than the other Flashes?

Wally > Barry/Bart > Max Mecury, Jay Garrick and the others. I'm not just talking about speed, I'm talking about all aspects of character. Bart is just better. smile

How about, that Bart learned to fly?
Or that Bart can create speedforce duplicates?
Or that half the stuff Wally does with the speedforce, he learned from Bart as a child?
How about, Bart is just plain more interesting than any of the other Flashes?

Wally didn't take anything from Bart. They ripped the speedforce out of him prior to all of that, and he and the other girl sabotaged it, releasing the speedforce so that Wally COULD come back.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm not just talking about speed, I'm talking about all aspects of character. Bart is just better. smile

Well that's purely you're opinion. I completely disagree with it thought.

How about, that Bart learned to fly?

So did Wally.....

Or that Bart can create speedforce duplicates?

Yea, we all know how useful that ability is.....

With their abilities, it's a pretty redundant ability in my opinion.

Or that half the stuff Wally does with the speedforce, he learned from Bart as a child?

err

What the hell are you talking about?

How about, Bart is just plain more interesting than any of the other Flashes?

Again purely you're opinion. Wally West in my opinion is by far the most interesting, followed by Bart of course. Those two are the most interesting Flashes in my opinion. Barry has the personality of my foot in my opinion.

Wally West > Bart Allen

That's just how it is.

Wally didn't take anything from Bart. They ripped the speedforce out of him prior to all of that, and he and the other girl sabotaged it, releasing the speedforce so that Wally COULD come back.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Flash/th_Flashmainline.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Flash/th_Flashmainline2.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by xJLxKing
I always thought that Bart>>Wally>Barry>Jay. Or Wally>Bart>Barry>Jay

Wally > Bart (As the Flash.) > Barry > Jay

That's how it is.

BlackZero30x
Im enjoying it...not the best flash story i have ever read tho...but thats just my opinon

Philosophía
Nobody is talking about the latest issue ?

Kris Blaze
I'm not particularly excited.

Never cared much about the non-flash speedsters (barring Zoom ofc). Really enjoyed seeing Jay actually kick some ass, even if it was only temporarily.

Philosophía
I find it funny how Johns is making Barry and Zoom some kind of speed gods/the source of everything effectivly making the likes of Wally like .. well, like Kyle. smile

Kris Blaze

Rage.Of.Olympus
So wait, basically apparently now, Barry Allen created the Speed Force when he got hit by lightning (How does that even work in the first place? The Speed Force existed before Barry.), practically is the Speed Force, and depends on his running as he is the engine? That's what I understood.

So how in the holy hell does that fit in, to Wally West mainlining it, and practically being the Speed Force? Him being the fastest?

Great, they retconed Hal Jordan's Parallax incident to give him an excuse for being accepted, and now they did this, so they have some justification when they have Wally written next to useless when Barry is around.

Yea, who didn't see this coming?

And John's told me I shouldn't worry about Wally when I talked to him. Lulz.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
And John's told me I shouldn't worry about Wally when I talked to him. Lulz.

He would've said anything to get you to bed.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He would've said anything to get you to bed.

I wouldn't be surprised with my good looks. I generated the Stud Force. awesome

BruceSkywalker
read the issue and thought.. total crap

Kris Blaze
The touch I like, is that Zoom is essentially copying Barry. Reverse Flash is, like always, doing something similar, yet opposite of what the Flash does. Barry created a force to shield speedsters, protect them, etc. Zoom on the other hand is like creating a speed force of death.

It just....goes well with Zoom's character.

Symmetric Chaos
Doesn't make much sense but it isn't Barry who "makes the Speedforce" it's all of them. That's what the last two pages were about.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Doesn't make much sense but it isn't Barry who "makes the Speedforce" it's all of them. That's what the last two pages were about.

About all of them? Bullshit. This entire issue tries to signify Barry's importance, by making him the "BESTEST FLASH EVAH!". It goes out of it's way to state that Barry is different from the rest of them, and that he generates the Speed Force. It's depended on him, directly. It's generated by his running. He is the one makes the Speed Force. It's even called "his" Speed Force. His.

It even retcons the Speed Force, a bad retcon full of holes for no other reason than to try and make Barry Allen more important. I mean somehow Barry Allen created the Speed Force with his accident, and somehow Zoom creates a Negative Speed Force by recreating the same accident. Rebirth desperately expects us to forget that anyone else received powers by the same means. If Barry's accident created a Speed Force and Zoom's recreation created a Negative Speed Force then why didn't Wally's identical accident create a Speed Force? Why didn't Zoom's duplication of Barry's accident in the future create a Speed Force but in the past create a Negative Speed Force? How do chemicals at one point in time with one person (but wholly duplicated by others "later"- when "later" is irrelevant to a timeless force) create something that exists through all of time, space, and reality? It subjects the Speed Force to questions it can't handle and didn't need to prior to Rebirth #4.

Don't even get me started on the other plot holes.

It felt as if they were forcing us to except Barry as the greatest Flash, like they view it. Forcing it down our throats is what if felt like. I mean seriously, he generates the Speed Force, and apparently he made Jay Garrick quicker. So what, every speedster is dependant on him now?

Christ.....

Kris Blaze
Most people with their heads out their asses already knew that Barry was the greatest Flash.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Say's who?

On people with their heads up their asses don't realize Wally West, was the fastest, the strongest, and greatest Flash.

The first two are facts. The third might as well.

HueyFreeman
Most people with their heads out their asses already knew that Barry was the greatest Flash. I disgree. Most fans saw wally as a better character. I would go so far as to say wally was more popular than Barry was.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
I disgree. Most fans saw wally as a better character. I would go so far as to say wally was more popular than Barry was.

Wally was more popular. So was Wolverine, and the Hulk.

smile

Accel
It's easy to be more popular than someone with the personality of cardboard.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Accel
It's easy to be more popular than someone with the personality of cardboard.

In that one storyline where Barry killed Zoom and left the Justice League, I saw more personality from him than I've seen from most of the Justice League characters in a long time.

Battlehammer
berry the first flash right?

then how did jay become flash?

-K-M-
Originally posted by Battlehammer
berry the first flash right?

then how did jay become flash?

From an experiment were he inhaled heavy water vapors that gave him super speed/reflexes. He later became connected to the Speed Force, but when the Speed Force was taken away in Infinite Crisis he still could go mach 1 due to the prior experiment

Battlehammer
From an experiment were he inhaled heavy water vapors that gave him super speed/reflexes. He later became connected to the Speed Force, but when the Speed Force was taken away in Infinite Crisis he still could go mach 1 due to the prior experiment
ok thanks

Kris Blaze

Did he ask if BArry was the first Flash?....

Read Dark X-men Beginnings yet?

tjcoady

-Pr-
So... bermm

Badabing
Originally posted by -Pr-
So... bermm Yeah...

-Pr-
It sucked. So did Wally's costume, imo.

The cliffhanger wasn't bad, though.

WickedDynamite
I'm just glad Barry is back. big grin

BlackZero30x
I gotta say im not to happy with it and Barry being back is like a double edge sword to me....you have the side that he's my fav and that makes me happy but on the other side i hate that death has no meaning in comics...i know comics aren't real but damn he died for something meaningful.

-Pr-
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
I'm just glad Barry is back. big grin

get. out.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Edit.

Rage.Of.Olympus
http://www.newsarama.com/common/media/video/player.php?aid=32559 (Start watching at 3:00)

What the **** Didio, you and the current DC Silver Age ****** hard on club?

According to him our only Flash fix is going to be Barry Allen ONLY for all of 2010, and both of the other books are on hold (The Wally West second feature and the Kid Flash book.).

So who the **** other than me predicted some stupid shit like this?

Who cares about Barry Allen, really? The guy has a personality as deep as a puddle from what I've read.

I'm going to bed.

WickedDynamite
Friggin AWESOME! Barry is back for good! F*** yeah! w00t

outavodka
Barry is like hulk hogan you had a good run and everyone respects/respected you but the rock was better and everyone will tell you its the same with wally. Wally has gained respect from all his peers. he has feats that are really on barrys level so why take that away just because barry is back. its worked with wally bart and jay but now barrys back its a whole nother story like we must kiss his ass or somethn other

Kris Blaze
Friggin AWESOME! Barry is back for good! F*** yeah! w00t

JakeTheBank
As someone who's never really been into the Flash mythos, I'm probably going to check out the new ongoing and pick up Rebirth in TPB form when it comes out.

Kris Blaze
Even as a fan of Barry, I can't rightly claim that this series is great. It's okay, decent, mildly entertaining, but if anything it's the repercussions of this storyline that I am going to enjoy and not the story itself.

Like they mentioned on IGN, it's like watching Geoff Johns do home-repairs.

WickedDynamite
The atributes and feats of Wally are unquestionable....but for me Barry always had the charming personality and a likeable attitude of the Silver Age. So yeah, this is a good decision on part of Didio.

I mean, remenber when everyone was bitchingz when Kyle got booted and Hal took over? yeah! bringing back the past works as long as it is writen properly.

-Pr-
The atributes and feats of Wally are unquestionable....but for me Barry always had the charming personality and a likeable attitude of the Silver Age. So yeah, this is a good decision on part of Didio.

I mean, remenber when everyone was bitchingz when Kyle got booted and Hal took over? yeah! bringing back the past works as long as it is writen properly.

it's not the same, tbh.

WickedDynamite
You're right....it's BETTER! evil face

WickedDynamite
MUCH BETTER! Just read Flash 1......and Barry is a god!

Hahaha!!!!

Geoff is driving me to the poor house with all the money I'm spending in comics. mmm

-Pr-
Hal was dead maybe a decade. Barry was dead over twice that. Johns loves his Silver Age, though (even though i can't imagine why), so he brought him back. Wally (whose runs eclipse that of most dc characters imo) is going to barely appear from now on. Maybe in the Titans book, if he's lucky.

roughrider
They couldn't resist bringing back Supergirl...
And Barry Allen - one of the blandest characters ever at either Marvel or DC - comes back after more than twenty years...

They're doing their best to undermine the great impact the original COIE had. thumb down

They had something good going with Wally; a real Peter Parker feeling with him. I bet they make him a supervillain somewhere down the line next... miffed

WickedDynamite
I have a crazy theory that Geoff might pull something similar with Flash as he did with Green Lantern return.

Would be neat to see a war of Speedsters happening.

And yes, The Silver Age is the best.

REAL MEN Love the Silver Age.

so grow some chest hair!

BlackZero30x
I have a crazy theory that Geoff might pull something similar with Flash as he did with Green Lantern return.

Would be neat to see a war of Speedsters happening.

And yes, The Silver Age is the best.

REAL MEN Love the Silver Age.

so grow some chest hair!

lmao....My favorite is Barry Allen and i like wally.....and i have to like Johnny Chambers because our last names are exactly the same....in fact our first name starts with the same 2 letters....(lame i know lol)

but im torn with barry's return....i was sad because i thought wally was doing a great job and barry's sacrifice meant alot to the DCU....but since it has happened im not gonna complain about it....

EDIT: but i can see Barry doing some crazy stuff....because it seems like johns loves the flash...barry especially

roughrider
Bronze Age>Silver Age.

Modern Age is even better - except there was so much wrong with the 1990's.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.