Rumors

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bat Dude
Ok, everyone remembers how rumors were running rampant during shooting of TDK...

Does anyone remember some of the rumors that didn't pan out?

Like Anthony Michael Hall's character, Harley Quinn, "two takes" for Two-Face (shooting Eckhart in the same scene twice and blending them together), seeing Joker through fear toxin (would have been badass), Scarecrow's role, etc.

Anyone got any more or have any thoughts on the ones above?

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by Bat Dude
Ok, everyone remembers how rumors were running rampant during shooting of TDK...

Like Anthony Michael Hall's character, Harley Quinn, "two takes" for Two-Face (shooting Eckhart in the same scene twice and blending them together), seeing Joker through fear toxin (would have been badass), Scarecrow's role, etc.

i remember a lot of people wanting that britney murphy as Harley Quinn.

people wanted Mark Hamill's voice dubbed over Ledger's performance lol

sithsaber408
phillip seymore hoffman in a small role as penguin, who would've been an arms dealer/mobster at the table...possibly in what is now the role of the mobster Gamble played by Michael Jai White.

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by sithsaber408
phillip seymore hoffman in a small role as penguin, who would've been an arms dealer/mobster at the table...possibly in what is now the role of the mobster Gamble played by Michael Jai White.

yeah i also heard of Penguin being an arms dealer/mobster cept i heard the role was gonna be given to Bob Hoskins, and thats why i pitch Hoskins for the role of penguin haha

Bat Dude
Another one I forgot was Sarah Jayne Dunn having a large role...

Thank God that didn't happen...

BruceSkywalker
Another one I forgot was Sarah Jayne Dunn having a large role...

Thank God that didn't happen...

I'm glad it didn't happen either.

Originally posted by xNIXSONx
i remember a lot of people wanting that britney murphy as Harley Quinn.

people wanted Mark Hamill's voice dubbed over Ledger's performance lol

Britney Murphy is hot, but she sucks as an actress.

Originally posted by sithsaber408

Hoffman is a talented actor, but no Penguin plz..

WrathfulDwarf
I been hearing nothing but rumors today. But most bat-heads agree, we want a sequel with another villain.

mmm

The j0keR

I think the fear toxin was helped by the "WTF" shots in some tv spots that turned out to be sonar in the end. lol

SelinaAndBruce
A lot of people thought Rachel was gonna die by getting thrown off the roof I remember.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
A lot of people thought Rachel was gonna die by getting thrown off the roof I remember.

That's a rumor I never heard. Glad it went the way I thought

SelinaAndBruce
When the picture came out of the Joker with the knife to her face people were speculating he was gonna brutally do away with her at other Batforums, and when the TV spot with her being let go showed up some people were so sure that's how she would die.

Didn't someone also post some pictures of like an old looking purple automobile that people were claiming were gonna be Joker mobiles?! I seem to remember that though his preferred method of transportation turned out to be a bus

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
When the picture came out of the Joker with the knife to her face people were speculating he was gonna brutally do away with her at other Batforums, and when the TV spot with her being let go showed up some people were so sure that's how she would die.

Didn't someone also post some pictures of like an old looking purple automobile that people were claiming were gonna be Joker mobiles?! I seem to remember that though his preferred method of transportation turned out to be a bus

I remember that picture. Watching The Dark Knight, I'm glad the purple car was not used.

Devil King
I've heard all of those rumors. But from the differences I've seen between what was on-screen and what was in the viral marketing, I would love to see a directors cut R rated release of this film. One of my major complaints is that we see the insanity of the Joker but we don't see what he did to make it happen. I would love to see a PG-13 release for the kiddies and an R-rated release for people who aren't the typial squimish American audience. Either way, I think a TDK directors cut has a lot in store.

SelinaAndBruce
I am glad there was no Joker mobile either but I do remember thinking that was gonna be kind of cheesy when the picture was posted.

Da Joker
I thought it might have been okay, but I'm glad it wasn't used. A purple car could potentially be cool, but that car design was horrible.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Devil King
I've heard all of those rumors. But from the differences I've seen between what was on-screen and what was in the viral marketing, I would love to see a directors cut R rated release of this film. One of my major complaints is that we see the insanity of the Joker but we don't see what he did to make it happen. I would love to see a PG-13 release for the kiddies and an R-rated release for people who aren't the typial squimish American audience. Either way, I think a TDK directors cut has a lot in store.

Nothing was left out or cut from TDK... How can there be a director's cut if nothing was cut?

Just saying...

Devil King
Nothing was left out or cut from TDK... How can there be a director's cut if nothing was cut?

Just saying...

I have never heard anyone say that about any other movie though. There are differences in what was on screen and what was used in the marketing. Maybe there are different takes. And like you, I'm just saying. It would be nice to actually see the Joker slice open the black guys face, rather than just watching the guy fall to the floor. Don't you think an R rated directors cut would be nice?

The j0keR

Just saying...

All movies have scenes cut, including this one.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Devil King
I have never heard anyone say that about any other movie though. There are differences in what was on screen and what was used in the marketing. Maybe there are different takes. And like you, I'm just saying. It would be nice to actually see the Joker slice open the black guys face, rather than just watching the guy fall to the floor. Don't you think an R rated directors cut would be nice?

It definitely would be nice, but I doubt they shot some of those scenes (actually showing Gamble getting sliced up, the Russian getting fed to his dogs, etc.)

tlbauerle
What about those rumors about the Joker not reapplying his make up, or that he wouldn't be dressed in purple all the time...or that we would see him through the eyes of the fear toxin as he looks in the comics?

Devil King
It definitely would be nice, but I doubt they shot some of those scenes (actually showing Gamble getting sliced up, the Russian getting fed to his dogs, etc.)

It was simply an example. Surely you understand hat I'm saying.

Blax_Hydralisk
I disagree.

Imo implied gore is just as good as gore that's show. Better actually.

Micheal_Myers

Just saying...

OMG!!!Chris Nolan?!?!Is that you?!?!

Maistro
I think Mark Hamill's voice is the best Joker voice ever so i wouldn't have minded having his voice replaces Heaths

SelinaAndBruce
Hamill's voice wouldn't have fit Heath's Joker though

Endrict Nuul

Just saying...

No movie gets completed in one take with perfect scenes. All movies will have extra scenes they will need to cut out for different reasons. And you don't work with them, so to say this is ignorant.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
No movie gets completed in one take with perfect scenes. All movies will have extra scenes they will need to cut out for different reasons. And you don't work with them, so to say this is ignorant.

What I meant was that there are no "Skull Cowboy" type scenes (Skull Cowboy was a scene cut from The Crow)

Every scene that they cut is already in the film in some capacity (they've proven that they have multiple versions of "To them, your just a freak..." and "Why so serious?"wink But as far as I've read, there are no "Skull Cowboy" style deleted scenes (I could be wrong, though)... Nothing was cut because of Ledger's death, unlike what most people think...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.