batman vs batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spidey-dude
which batman here would win if these 2 went at it

michael keaton batman

vs

christian bale batman

this isnt a thread of which batman actor you like better

jrodslam
Keaton Bats was stronger and a better ma imo. Bale fought more groups whereas Keatons fights were more 1vs1. Keatons suit was also more durable.

Id give Keaton Bats the slight edge.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by jrodslam
Keaton Bats was stronger and a better ma imo. Bale fought more groups whereas Keatons fights were more 1vs1. Keatons suit was also more durable.

Id give Keaton Bats the slight edge. i agree there

emporerpants
you guys seriously think keaton batman is a better fighter? did you forget the part where he gets his ass handed to him by a random joker thug in the bell tower?

jrodslam
Originally posted by emporerpants
you guys seriously think keaton batman is a better fighter? did you forget the part where he gets his ass handed to him by a random joker thug in the bell tower?

Did you forget that Keaton never once tried to attack the thug in the tower save for ballerina leap at him? Keaton was just taking the hits.

spidey-dude
you guys seriously think keaton batman is a better fighter? did you forget the part where he gets his ass handed to him by a random joker thug in the bell tower? keatons bat suit armor and belt was more advanced than bales.

Nihilist
bale got pwned by dogs

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Nihilist
bale got pwned by dogs laughing forgot about that part

jrodslam
bale got pwned by dogs

Wow, i forgot about that too. Nuff said.

psycho gundam

Id give Keaton Bats the slight edge. the fu*k!?!

bale batman righted the neck flaw that the keaton batsuit had, it was a major flaw since he had to move his whole torso to look left and right.
thats a handicap you don't want in a fistfight.

and the whole bit about him being better at MA lolz, he got dummied by the big guy in the belfry, sure that was his only low point but you got to remember that that guy was not wearing body armour and lacked bat-gadgets.

speaking or gadgets, bale bats has those sharp, corbon fleshets in his gauntlets, quite handy

spidey-dude
only one to give keaton a decent match was catwoman. bane almost got whipped by some of those street hustlers

jrodslam
Originally posted by psycho gundam
the fu*k!?!

bale batman righted the neck flaw that the keaton batsuit had, it was a major flaw since he had to move his whole torso to look left and right.
thats a handicap you don't want in a fistfight.

and the whole bit about him being better at MA lolz, he got dummied by the big guy in the belfry, sure that was his only low point but you got to remember that that guy was not wearing body armour and lacked bat-gadgets.

speaking or gadgets, bale bats has those sharp, corbon fleshets in his gauntlets, quite handy

Ok, so.. he fixed a flaw that Keaton Bats didnt need to fix. Doesnt help your argument.

As far as the MA goes, i already addressed the belfry part. Keaton was just taking the hits. Purposely.

As far as the flachettes in the gauntlet goes, Bale would have to get them off at close range AND in the face before Keaton Bats puts him down. Keatons reaction time was way faster than bales. Les not forget about him reflecting the bullet Jack Napier shot at him.

spidey-dude
and atleast keaton let the joker fall from climbing up onto the helicopter.
bale didnt have the balls to drop his joker when he was hanging him by the cord there

BruceSkywalker
Bale/Batman is faaaaaaaaaaaar greater than Keaton/Batman. H e is also a much better fighter than Keaton/Batman. Bale/Batman ftw

Galan007
bale got pwned by dogs twice.

celestialdemon
Just wanted to throw it out there since it hasn't been mentioned, but Keaton's Batman was fast and skilled enough to block swords with his arms and legs.

spidey-dude
i think bale was a much better fighter in batman begins than this one cause he did good taking out those ninjas. in the dark knight he got whipped on the street afew times by some of jokers buddies

spidey-dude
keaton wins

psycho gundam
bale was exibiting a pretty good understanding or krav-magra, an israeli
"art" in which the defender cares nothing for the well being of their attacker since personal safety is paramount. he used his opponent's guns against them and put groups of attackers out of commission as quick as possible. he would own keaton bats since keaton bats was a getting a savage beating in the last scene of the first movie, he didn't utilize his feet when the guy was an obvious pure brawler with minimal skill (just hella strong). he didn't utilize any openings or judo throws which would have taken the guy out from the start...poor show keaton.

Faceman
Bale showed a good feat of strength when he bent that rifle's barrow down with one hand.

grimify
Bale.

In a realistic world, fighting off three pissed rottweilers is a damn good feat. 130 Pounds of muscle and teeth with a jaw strength of ~330lbs of force...x3

I'll take that over the guy who got schooled by a thug in a bell tower.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by grimify
Bale.

In a realistic world, fighting off three pissed rottweilers is a damn good feat. 130 Pounds of muscle and teeth with a jaw strength of ~330lbs of force...x3

I'll take that over the guy who got schooled by a thug in a bell tower. those looked like dobermans to me

grimify
Originally posted by spidey-dude
those looked like dobermans to me

Nope, they were rottweilers.

And it's not related but, isn't it weird that PETA is all up in arms about those two scenes? They're saying it was cruel and promotes violence toward dogs. I guess it's ok to beat the shit out of humans, but don't you dare injure a dog that attacks you. roll eyes (sarcastic)

jrodslam
Funny how its mentioned Keaton Bats got "schooled" in the belfry, yet he didnt bother to go on the offensive till he decided to beat the guy.erm

grimify
Funny how its mentioned Keaton Bats got "schooled" in the belfry, yet he didnt bother to go on the offensive till he decided to beat the guy.erm

So he decided to purposely let some guy beat him down? That really doesn't make any sense, and sounds like a bad excuse.

From what I remember, Keaton didn't go on the offensive because he couldn't. The guy mauled him and knocked him over the ledge. Then Keaton simply surprised him after the fight was "over".

Now granted it's been a while since I watched Batman 89. I'll look for the vhs if I get bored enough.

jrodslam
So he decided to purposely let some guy beat him down? That really doesn't make any sense, and sounds like a bad excuse.

From what I remember, Keaton didn't go on the offensive because he couldn't. The guy mauled him and knocked him over the ledge. Then Keaton simply surprised him after the fight was "over".

Now granted it's been a while since I watched Batman 89. I'll look for the vhs if I get bored enough.

Yes, he purposely let the guy pound on him. If you do get the chance to watch it again, hes just taking the hits. Its not a bad excuse. Its what happened.

Keaton didnt go on the O because he didnt want to. The guy grabbed him from behind and tossed him. Keaton gave him a stiff kick to the side, then proceeded to dodge and take all his hits. When he wanted to take him out, he did. Whether it was by surprise or not hardly matters.

emporerpants
except if you watch it again you clearly see keaton try to kick the thug, which HAS NO EFFECT. so yeah, he did try to fight back, he just failed. HARD. he let him beat on him, sure whatever you say, lol. can i use that excuse everytime one of my favorite characters loses a fight? if keaton could have taken him, he would have. instead, he killed him out of desperation. don't you think bats would have tried to take the guy out by not killing if he could? to try and spin that fight as anything but a poor showing for keaton is blatant fanboyism.

Marvelknight
Christian Bale, no contest.

spidey-dude
keaton for the win

nimbus006
This is not even close.

Keaton's fight scenes were some of the worst coordinated fighting sequences ever.

BB and TDK at least attempted to use real MA tactics in their movies.

Additionally, Bale is younger and in much better shape than Keaton was at the time.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by nimbus006
This is not even close.

Keaton's fight scenes were some of the worst coordinated fighting sequences ever.

Additionally, Bale is younger and in much better shape than Keaton was at the time. at least keaton killed his joker. bale didnt have the balls to take out his when he had the chance he just left him there hanging from the cord.

nimbus006
at least keaton killed his joker. bale didnt have the balls to take out his when he had the chance he just left him there hanging from the cord.

Read Batman.

Killing someone has nothing to do with courage.

Courage, in Batman's case, is having the will to ensure justice (not killing Joker) in the face of temptation (letting him die).

emporerpants
yeah, the bale batman is much closer to comic batman than keaton. comic batman won't kill anyone. also, comic batman crushes keaton and bale batman with ease.

spidey-dude
Read Batman.

Courage, in Batman's case, is having the will to ensure justice (not killing Joker) in the face of temptation (letting him die). killing joker would have saved many innocent lives if you still leave him alive even in jail hes gonna sneak out somehow sooner or later. if hes dead theres no harm he can do to anyone in gotham anymore. for example would you rather have osama being dead or have him roam free in your town never knowing what hes gonna do ?

horrorwolf
Bale. Better Gadgets and more skilled as a combatant.

Tenebrous
killing joker would have saved many innocent lives if you still leave him alive even in jail hes gonna sneak out somehow sooner or later. if hes dead theres no harm he can do to anyone in gotham anymore. for example would you rather have osama being dead or have him roam free in your town never knowing what hes gonna do ?

that's not how batman works. Who the hell is batman to decide who lives and who dies? He operates outside the law, but he does not operate above the law. Notice that was their choice of words in TDK, batman operates "outside" the law vs. "above" the law. Killing criminals because they'll commit crimes later is just a really simple way of looking at things.

What if somebody killed that prisoner who took the detonator on the ferry? What then? How many innocent people would have been saved if someone killed that prisoner, the one who threw the detonator overboard?

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Tenebrous
that's not how batman works. Who the hell is batman to decide who lives and who dies? He operates outside the law, but he does not operate above the law. Notice that was their choice of words in TDK, batman operates "outside" the law vs. "above" the law. Killing criminals because they'll commit crimes later is just a really simple way of looking at things.

What if somebody killed that prisoner who took the detonator on the ferry? What then? How many innocent people would have been saved if someone killed that prisoner, the one who threw the detonator overboard? thats not how batman works ? keaton made sure joker had that anvil tied on to his feet so he couldnt make it up the ladder onto the helicopter. bale just left him hanging there and im sure joker could have gotten down somehow after bats left.

and also lets say some dude killed one of your family members you think he deserves to still live ?

Obsidian Fury
Keaton Batman.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Obsidian Fury
Keaton Batman. i agree

jrodslam
except if you watch it again you clearly see keaton try to kick the thug, which HAS NO EFFECT. so yeah, he did try to fight back, he just failed. HARD. he let him beat on him, sure whatever you say, lol. can i use that excuse everytime one of my favorite characters loses a fight? if keaton could have taken him, he would have. instead, he killed him out of desperation. don't you think bats would have tried to take the guy out by not killing if he could? to try and spin that fight as anything but a poor showing for keaton is blatant fanboyism.

If you read my post, i did mention Keaton giving him a stiff kick to the side. If you wanna call that fighting back, ok. Yet in the scene in the alley, the guy had the 2 swords, hes shown defending as well as fighting back. Evey other fight in the movie showed Keaton defending or fighting. This one instance its clear that he was only allowing the big guy to use a bunch of energy. He let him beat on him for the simple fact that it took almost all his energy and couldnt even break free from a leg grab and got tossed over. And you say Keaton wasnt letting the big guy beat on him? Yea right.

jrodslam
This is not even close.

Additionally, Bale is younger and in much better shape than Keaton was at the time.

At least i could actually see Keatons fights. Where as in TDK and especially BB, the cameras were so close, you couldnt even see the moves.

Keaton used MA moves a couple of times in the movie. Other times, like Bale, there were only punches being thrown. I dont know about you, bt when Bale was Batman, i saw a bunch of punches being thrown as well. All non ma's esque as well.

Also, talks about Keaton not being like comic Bats cause he killed, yet who was it that killed Twoface in TDK and set fire to Ras al Guls palce and left him to die in BB? Hmmm.

emporerpants
what, exactly, would you call keaton kicking the thug if not fighting back? i'm curious. last i checked, kicking someone was a way of fighting. its really quite obvious that he just got his ass kicked and killed the thug out of desperation. an act almost as desperate as YOU are trying to make that fight a positive for keaton. its kinda pathetic actually. "he let him beat on him to tire him out!" yeah! thats why that happened! he couldn't possibly be getting hit legit! keaton was letting it happen! my fanboyism won't have it any other way!

also, if keaton was just trying to wear the thug out, why did he do that shitty dive at the thug that just got him thrown? after keaton was thrown the thug was pounding on him, and knocked his ass down the bell tower. oh wait, keaton planned on having the thug beat his ass towards the bell tower, and then planned on having the thug knock him down it. right. keep reaching for that rainbow. soon you'll reach the stars! does that seem like a stupidly elborate way of taking someone out if you could just have beaten his ass normally to anyone else?

jrodslam
The thug had his head through the broken wooden wall looking for Bats. All bats did was kick him on the side to get his attention. Is it your interpretation that Batman was fighting back? Or rather is it you interpretation that Batman couldnt fight back? I see you go the route of saying fanboyism blah blah, yet in every single fight scene, Keaton clearly defends than attacks. For some reason you believe hes unable to A. Defend and B. Beat him in combat? Lol. Ok i see your logic.

If you take a look at the movie again, notice Keaton got the thugs attention BEFORE diving hence him ringing the bell and getting the thugs attention.erm Yea im reaching. I guess Keaton was just like "Hey i can block swords and bullets, but i seem to have forgot how to throw a punch against THIS thug!". Ok.

Da Joker
Is this really a debate. Bale's Batman spent several years training, and didn't get pwned by a guy with zero martial arts experience. Also, the dogs didn't pwn him as he was able to easily throw them off. Again, this is a curbstomp for Bale's Batman...and Bale himself would beat the shit out of Keaton in real life.

emporerpants
*sigh* the more elaborate your explanation for something simple in a movie, more likely it is you're reaching. your explanation for why keaton was getting his ass kicked is incredibly elborate, when all keaton had to do was kick the thugs ass if he had that ability.

he was just trying to get the thugs attention with the kick? LOL.
why not just take advantage and kick the crap out of the thug while his head was through the board? oh wait, thats exactly what keaton TRIED to do. but ended up getting his ass kicked. no, instead you claim that keaton was trying to just get the thugs attention to follow through with some incredibly stupid plan to tire him out. it would have required much less effort to simply beat the crap out of the thug at that point then to go through with this elaborate plan you're making up.

batdude123
Bale's Batman had greater maneuverability, agility, and speed. Plus he could turn his neck. no expression

And bringing up the dogs is an extremely weak argument. He isn't fighting the dogs here, he's fighting another person.

Bale's Batman in a stomp.

Ha-Son
^

Val-E-Doosh
George Clooney schools both.

Da Joker
That's not even funny.

Also, Keaton's Batman didn't even display great martial arts, Bale's did. He actually committed himself to learning all he could and he learned from the best.

Val-E-Doosh
Suit me up, Uncle Alfred.

http://i37.tinypic.com/2814x77.gif

emporerpants
yeah, they actually focused on bale batmans fighting ability in his movies. not so with keatons batman.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Val-E-Doosh
George Clooney schools both. i seriously hope your joking there sad

jrodslam
Here at the 3:40 mark, Keaton bats shows more skill as Batman than Bale has as Batman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7Kg9xmOzEU

emporerpants
we've all seen the movie. we just don't think thats as impressive as bale. bale batman for the win.

jrodslam
Keatons batman showed the superior reflexes than Bale in deflecting the bullet Jack Napier shot.

As far as martial arts goes, yes Bale was shown to have trained in the arts, yet while as Batman, he was a brawler and didnt really use any martial arts skills at all.

Val-E-Doosh
i seriously hope your joking there sad
Dude, your bones will turn to ice! Your blood will freeze in my hands!

batdude123
As far as martial arts goes, yes Bale was shown to have trained in the arts, yet while as Batman, he was a brawler and didnt really use any martial arts skills at all.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/superdante/jollyandruwhw2wi9uj7.gif

spidey-dude
bale showed himself to be a great figher in batman begins when he took out those ninjas and stuff. in the dark knight he just got whipped to many damn times through out the movie. keaton kicked ass fighting in both movies. the only one to give him a chalenging fight was catwoman

spidey-dude
Dude, your bones will turn to ice! Your blood will freeze in my hands! im guessing batman and robin was your favorite one laughing

batdude123
bale showed himself to be a great figher in batman begins when he took out those ninjas and stuff. in the dark knight he just got whipped to many damn times through out the movie. keaton kicked ass fighting in both movies. the only one to give him a chalenging fight was catwoman

Lulz. Catwoman. crylaugh

And don't forget the thug in the tower who has handing him an ass whooping.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by batdude123
Lulz. Catwoman. crylaugh

And don't forget the thug in the tower who has handing him an ass whooping. ok then tell me who else gave keaton a hard match ?

emporerpants
yeah, those awesome bullet blocking reflexes sure helped him out when the mayor shot him at the end of returns, and they totally helped him to block that kick from catwoman.......wait......

who wipped bale in the dark knight? he got punched once when he was fighting jokers thugs, and then the joker was beating on him because he couldn't see anything due to his sonar thing getting messed up.

Da Joker
The Joker got some kicks in, but nothing Batman couldn't handle. Keaton got owned by lots of people.

batdude123
ok then tell me who else gave keaton a hard match ?

You mean besides random thug #110-A1 and Catwoman?

Nobody else he fought was worth mentioning.

spidey-dude
yeah, those awesome bullet blocking reflexes sure helped him out when the mayor shot him at the end of returns, and they totally helped him to block that kick from catwoman.......wait......

who wipped bale in the dark knight? he got punched once when he was fighting jokers thugs, and then the joker was beating on him because he couldn't see anything due to his sonar thing getting messed up. bale got his ass kicked by dogs twice. and some of jokers buddies gave him a hard beating out on the street if you dont remember that

emporerpants
but wait guys!!! keaton LET the thug in the bell tower kick his ass! just wait, jrodslam will explain it all!

actually, no spidey-dude, i don't remember any joker thugs kicking bales ass on the street.

Val-E-Doosh
Bale got bit by a dog which he promptly tossed into a wall. Not much of an ass kicking.

batdude123
bale got his ass kicked by dogs twice. and some of jokers buddies gave him a hard beating out on the street if you dont remember that

Originally posted by batdude123
And bringing up the dogs is an extremely weak argument. He isn't fighting the dogs here, he's fighting another person.

spidey-dude
Bale got bit by a dog which he promptly tossed into a wall. Not much of an ass kicking. he had some trouble getting those dogs off of him. didnt see how his suit was ripped up some when he went back to his underground garage thingy. thats proof that keatons armor is more advnaced than bales.

emporerpants
maybe i'm forgetting a part of the movie, but when did the jokers thugs kick bale's ass on the street? did i just miss that part of the movie or is spidey-dude lying or exagerating?

batdude123
maybe i'm forgetting a part of the movie, but when did the jokers thugs kick bale's ass on the street? did i just miss that part of the movie or is spidey-dude lying or exagerating?

The latter.

Val-E-Doosh
he had some trouble getting those dogs off of him. didnt see how his suit was ripped up some when he went back to his underground garage thingy. thats proof that keatons armor is more advnaced than bales.
Dog bites Bale
Dog flies into wall

You're really overstating how much trouble he had. The only thing proven by that encounter is that Bale's arm bleeds when bitten.

emporerpants
thats what i figured, thanks batdude.

jrodslam
Bale had trouble with the dogs in his first encounter with them in the movie. He asked for a tougher suit and thats when he encountered the dogs the second time and threw it to the wall.

Val-E-Doosh
Bale had trouble with the dogs in his first encounter with them in the movie. He asked for a tougher suit and thats when he encountered the dogs the second time and threw it to the wall.
The dog hung on his arm for all of 4 seconds.

He asked for a new suit was because the original was too heavy and didn't allow him to turn his head. The new suit was actually worse in regards to dealing with piercing objects.

spidey-dude
maybe i'm forgetting a part of the movie, but when did the jokers thugs kick bale's ass on the street? did i just miss that part of the movie or is spidey-dude lying or exagerating? some of jokers buddies that had those masks on where taking on bats pretty hard in the street. was close to the begining of the movie

jrodslam
The dog hung on his arm for all of 4 seconds.

He asked for a new suit was because the original was too heavy and didn't allow him to turn his head. The new suit was actually worse in regards to dealing with piercing objects.

How was it that he got onn the floor in the first place? Was it the dog or a thug? Also, that particular dog was on his arm for 4 seconds or so, but he was still down on the ground for longer than that.

89 Batman didnt need a new suit. As we can see in the video, his movement isnt impaired and hes also more durable.

Ha-Son
some of jokers buddies that had those masks on where taking on bats pretty hard in the street. was close to the begining of the movie
The scene where they come looking for Harvey Dent?

emporerpants
spidey-dude is just spouting crap.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Ha-Son
The scene where they come looking for Harvey Dent? no was near the begining of the movie.

Da Joker
I watched the movie on bootleg last night, Bale went to reach for the dog who bit him, taking him by surprise. He fell but got right back up and threw the dog. He didn't struggle so anyone who says so is using it as a poor excuse because they know Keaton's Batman would get his ass beat.

Val-E-Doosh
How was it that he got onn the floor in the first place? Was it the dog or a thug? Also, that particular dog was on his arm for 4 seconds or so, but he was still down on the ground for longer than that.
The first time he wasn't knocked down.

The second time he was tackled by two dogs and Joker immediately pounced on him. Are you seriously going to penalize a guy for being knocked down by two big dogs? Michael Keaton was never knocked down? Come on.

89 Batman didnt need a new suit. As we can see in the video, his movement isnt impaired and hes also more durable.
Batman 89 had been Batman for years at that point. Who's to say how many suits he went through?

Ha-Son
no was near the begining of the movie.
WTF?

batdude123
Lies.

Da Joker

The second time he was tackled by two dogs and Joker immediately pounced on him. Are you seriously going to penalize a guy for being knocked down by two big dogs? Michael Keaton was never knocked down? Come on.

Batman 89 had been Batman for years at that point. Who's to say how many suits he went through?

Even with Keaton's Batman having been fighting crime longer, he didn't even show he had as much fighting skills as Bale's Batman. And dogs are really vicious, so I can see either being knocked down, but it's being used as a weak argument in a discussion where the people for Keaton's Batman can't find any facts supporting his win.

jrodslam

Tackled by 2 dogs? The second encounter, the dog leaped at him and he just tossed it to the side. Am i going to penalize a guy in a suit who asked for it to be made MORE durable who got knocked down by a dog? you better believe it. Hmm, was Keaton ever knocked down? I only time i remember was when the big guy in the belfry threw him. If im forgetting any instances, someone let me know.

We dont know how many suits 89 Batman went through so we cant really say now can we.

spidey-dude
WTF? download the movie and watch it again you will see like around the 1st 30 or 45 mins those dudes with the joker masks where giving bats a hard fight

emporerpants
actually he asked for the suit to become lighter so he could be faster, making the suit LESS durable. so yeah.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Da Joker
Even with Keaton's Batman having been fighting crime longer, he didn't even show he had as much fighting skills as Bale's Batman. And dogs are really vicious, so I can see either being knocked down, but it's being used as a weak argument in a discussion where the people for Keaton's Batman can't find any facts supporting his win.

Bales fighting skills? Where was this shown? Like i stated before, he didnt show to have any type of martial arts skills when guised as Batman. The only time he ever showed any amount of ma skill was in Begins when he was training. Dogs are vicious yes, but easier to take down than a brute. A Keaton fact that supports him winning is A. Being more durable. B. Actually showing ma skill as Batman. C. Having faster reflexes. D. Doing what it takes to get the win by almost any means. How does Bales Batman win?

Da Joker
Keaton isn't more durable than Bale. Bale was able to take being stabbed with a sword and he still went out minutes after and fought off Ra's pawns and Ra's himself. If that's not durable, then I don't want to know what is durable.

jrodslam
Keaton isn't more durable than Bale. Bale was able to take being stabbed with a sword and he still went out minutes after and fought off Ra's pawns and Ra's himself. If that's not durable, then I don't want to know what is durable.

Bale struggled to get up after his motorcycle crashed. Keaton got out of the batwing even after it crashed and exploded. Bale cant take a bullet whereas Keaton took them at point blank range. Multiple times. Dogs were able to penetrate Bales costume while Keaton had guards to protect him from swords.

Da Joker
The bullets never penetrated Keaton's costume, just like they didn't penetrate Bale's costume either. Here's the difference:

Keaton's Batman = Good fighter
Bale's Batman = Great fighter

See the difference?

jrodslam
The bullets never penetrated Keaton's costume, just like they didn't penetrate Bale's costume either. Here's the difference:

Keaton's Batman = Good fighter
Bale's Batman = Great fighter

See the difference?

Ahh actually, thats false. Bales costume got penetrated by the bullet in the end when he was running away.

Bales Batman was a great fighter? Hardly. His Bruce Wayne was better than Keatons, but while Batman, all he did was brawl.

Da Joker
Eh, no, when Two-Face shot him it had no effect. He made it seem like he did as a distraction so he could take out Two-Face.

Blax_Hydralisk
I'm pretty sure I saw blood on his costume.
And Keaton would win. Bale's batman was staggering around after falling off his motorcycle while Keaton was completely unfazed after getting out of his exploded Batmobile and only low feat is being kicked around by a massive thug for awhile...

hm..

Da Joker
There was no blood, I've seen the movie twice and paid attention to every little aspect.

BradBalboa
Bale defo !!!!

Val-E-Doosh
Tackled by 2 dogs? The second encounter, the dog leaped at him and he just tossed it to the side. Am i going to penalize a guy in a suit who asked for it to be made MORE durable who got knocked down by a dog? you better believe it.
You don't even have the facts right. His 2nd suit was less durable than the first. The benefits of that suit were it being lighter and allowing him to turn his head with the downside of it having less protection leaving him open to piercing attacks (e.g. the teeth of a dog).

Fox: Now there is a trade off. The separation of the plates makes you more vunerable to knives and gunfire.

Hmm, was Keaton ever knocked down? I only time i remember was when the big guy in the belfry threw him. If im forgetting any instances, someone let me know.

no expression

We dont know how many suits 89 Batman went through so we cant really say now can we.
He had a closet full of bat suits.

batdude123
Okay, all of this ignorance, and/or bias is starting to get on my nerves. Jrod, your posts are seriously giving me a headache here...

Tackled by 2 dogs? The second encounter, the dog leaped at him and he just tossed it to the side. Am i going to penalize a guy in a suit who asked for it to be made MORE durable who got knocked down by a dog? you better believe it. Hmm, was Keaton ever knocked down? I only time i remember was when the big guy in the belfry threw him. If im forgetting any instances, someone let me know.

Kay... did you even see the movie? And if you did, you obviously weren't paying attention to any of it.

He changed to a different suit that had separated parts so that he could move faster, be more flexible, and be more agile. The new suit was NOT more durable, but in fact, was stated by Lucius to make him more vulnerable to attacks.

Kay, well in Batman Returns, Keaton's Batman got a new suit, which is quite apparent. And even then, Catwoman was able to find vulnerable spots where she stabbed him with her claws.

Bales fighting skills? Where was this shown? Like i stated before, he didnt show to have any type of martial arts skills when guised as Batman. The only time he ever showed any amount of ma skill was in Begins when he was training. Dogs are vicious yes, but easier to take down than a brute. A Keaton fact that supports him winning is A. Being more durable. B. Actually showing ma skill as Batman. C. Having faster reflexes. D. Doing what it takes to get the win by almost any means. How does Bales Batman win?

crylaugh

Wow...

Okay, I'm assuming you've never heard of the "Keysi Fighting Method," which derives from Jeet Kun Do. It deals with the most efficient ways to take down multiple enemies at the same time. That is the martial art that Bale employed in both Begins and The Dark Knight.

And the fact that Bale used different types of kung fu- Hung Ga (Tiger), Panther/Leopard style, and Japanese Jujitsu- in his fight with Ra's Al Ghul only hurts your argument even more. As Bale is using those different styles, Ra's says to him "this is not a dance." In other words, don't use flashy methods of combat, but rather focus more on effective ways to take down an opponent. That's where Keysi comes in. Bale as Batman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wayne before he became Batman in terms of fighting ability. Lawlz.

Just because Bale's Batman didn't use karate chops or double roundhouse spinning back kicks doesn't mean he wasn't a skilled martial artist. Bale was MUCH more efficient, and the overall better fighter between the two of them.

And again, bringing up the dogs is a rather desperate point, considering he's not fighting a group of dogs here. However, what IS a more relative point to bring up here is Keaton's fight with the thug in the tower. Keaton was getting stomped against a human.

Come to think of it, who was the most impressive guy Keaton's Batman ever defeated? As far as I can recall, Keaton fought most of his thugs 1-on-1. Bale on the other hand, fought swat teams, ninjas, etc. at the same time. Not to mention Ra's in the end of Begins. Hell, Keaton struggled with Catwoman for Christ's sake.

Also, let's not forget the nifty little hand gadgets that Batman employed at the beginning of the movie that he used to bend the barrel of a rifle and rip into a car. In a fight, those are fair game. So much for Keaton's "durability advantage."

Bale struggled to get up after his motorcycle crashed. Keaton got out of the batwing even after it crashed and exploded. Bale cant take a bullet whereas Keaton took them at point blank range. Multiple times. Dogs were able to penetrate Bales costume while Keaton had guards to protect him from swords.

Keaton's suit was penetrated on two separate occasions by Catwoman's claws. Keaton was bloodied up by random thug #110-A1 in the tower. Keaton also fell over in pain after some cops fired at him while he was on a rooftop.

Bale got shot point blank by Harvey at the end of Dark Knight.

And lulz @ the protective sword guards Keaton had. I seem to recall Ra's using a sword to fight Batman on the monorail at the end of Batman Begins. Batman breaks the sword in half with his gauntlets. Funny, eh? smile

spidey-dude
once again those dogs where on bale pretty hard if his suit was as durable as keatons he would not have gotten those scars and marks on him when he went back home. i forgot exactly which part of the movie it was but i remember some of those guys with the jokers mask taking on bale hard and he was getting whipped there. il download the movie to find which part it was.

only one to give keaton a hard fight in the 89 batman movie was the black guy near the end of the movie when joker was dancing with vickie

in batman returns only one that gave bats a hard time was catwoman of course but if keaton had bales suit catwoman would have kicked his ass even harder im sure.

Ha-Son
il download the movie to find which part it was.
No. Here's what you should do. Quit being cheap, go to the movie theater and watch the real version. Because half of the claims you made did not occur. no expression

Val-E-Doosh
So basically the only argument is "Teh DAWGZ!" which is a lame argument to begin with.

Give the thread to Bale.

spidey-dude
No. Here's what you should do. Quit being cheap, go to the movie theater and watch the real version. Because half of the claims you made did not occur. no expression tell me what else i said that didnt occur ?

Tenebrous

Yes he did dude. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you've taken some martial arts before. I have taken Muay Thai, Judo, and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (at one time or another, not all at once, obviously).

That bullshit Keaton did was just theatrical hollywood "martial arts." Bale Batman was doing "some" real martial arts. He was using quick jabs and a lot of elbows. Anyone who takes serious martial arts knows that elbows are an extremely proficient way of knocking out one's opponent; faster than a punch if you are really good at it. bale batman doesn't kick that much. This is in-line with real world martial arts as kicking expends one's energy a lot more than punching/elbowing, and we all know how many goons bale batman has to stomp out.

And how do you know that rottweilers are easier to take down than "brutes?" Have you ever tried wrestling with either one? I haven't, but to just say "large dogs are easier to deal with than big dudes"....Come on man...debate intelligently.

spidey-dude
keaton wins

Mr Parker
This threads a joke and the poll proves that with an overwhelming vote for the obvious,Bale.Keatons Batman was a wuss.He couldnt even beat ONE guy.a guy with no special fighting skills-the jokers goon,beat the crap out of keatons Batman.Bales Batman was like the TRUE dark knight,able to wipe the floor with dozens of goons at one time.Bales batman would take out Keatons Batman within seconds.Better thread would be Bales Batman against Kilmers Batman.Kilmers Batman also showed the martial arts skills that Batman has.

Mr Parker

exactly,apparently they did. roll eyes (sarcastic)

emporerpants
oh, it gets better than that, keep reading the thread, you'll see some unbelievable crap, like jrod trying to say that keaton LET the thug beat his ass. classic. haha.

Mr Parker
yeah I saw that.that is some hilarious shit there. laughing laughing big grin laughing It amazes me the extremes the apologists will go to to defend the horrible shortcomings of The Burton Batman films. laughing Its also hilarious how a few of them are saying getting bit by 3 huge dogs makes him pawned.yeah right.Like someone said,Bale threw those dogs against the wall.thats hardly getting owned or whatever.

Mr Parker

yeah thats desperately grasping at straws saying that Keaton let him beat him down.thats a HORRIBLE and lame excuse. laughing He got the crap beat out of pure and simple.Like you said,he mauled him and was just unlucky enough to get him over into the bell tower which was just sheer luck for Batman,nothing else. roll eyes (sarcastic) Like you said,thinking the fight was over,Batman being lucky like he was to catch his breath and regroup out of sheer LUCK,surprised him and tossed him down the bell tower.

Mr Parker
Read Batman.

Courage, in Batman's case, is having the will to ensure justice (not killing Joker) in the face of temptation (letting him die).

I know.this spidey dude guy is hysterical and just keeps making more and more ignorant posts one after the other. laughing Obviously he never read Batman cause if he DID,he would know that Batman HATES to kill people.Yeah thats WHO Batman is.Burtons Batman movies disgraced the comics having him kill the joker,then the penguin.Like you said,not giving in to temptation to kill the joker and letting him die,now THATS courage.For Batman to kill people in the cowardly ways he did in the Burton Batman movies,it goes against everything on who Batman is.Your post was ignored by him so it just goes through one ear and out the other with this guy so its just a waste of time trying to explain it to him that the Burton Batman movies digraced his character and the comics. Even in the early days when Batman carried a gun and shot and killed people,he only did so when it was absolutely neccessary and there was no other way out for him and as a last resort.sheesh this guy obviously never read a batman comic.

emporerpants
indeed

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Mr Parker
I know.this spidey dude guy is hysterical and just keeps making more and more ignorant posts one after the other. laughing Obviously he never read Batman cause if he DID,he would know that Batman HATES to kill people.Yeah thats WHO Batman is.Burtons Batman movies disgraced the comics having him kill the joker,then the penguin.Like you said,not giving in to temptation to kill the joker and letting him die,now THATS courage.For Batman to kill people in the cowardly ways he did in the Burton Batman movies,it goes against everything on who Batman is.Your post was ignored by him so it just goes through one ear and out the other with this guy so its just a waste of time trying to explain it to him that the Burton Batman movies digraced his character and the comics. Even in the early days when Batman carried a gun and shot and killed people,he only did so when it was absolutely neccessary and there was no other way out for him and as a last resort.sheesh this guy obviously never read a batman comic. big ass difference between any movie batman and comic batman if you havent noticed that by now. and this is about the movie batmans NOT COMIC

emporerpants
hey there liar, how are you doing? watch that scene you made up from the dark knight again yet?

spidey-dude
hey there liar, how are you doing? watch that scene you made up from the dark knight again yet? laughing guessing you havent watched the movie not once yet. oh yah cause they said on tv not recomended for children under 13 laughing

emporerpants
sure. i'm not the one who made up a scene that didn't happen there pal. by the way, did you find that scene yet? thats right, you didn't, because you made it up.

Da Joker
It shouldn't be hard admitting you made up a scene to help an argument but it backfired. Bale's Batman wins in a stomp, just admit it and get over it. Stop making up shit.

spidey-dude
sure. i'm not the one who made up a scene that didn't happen there pal. by the way, did you find that scene yet? thats right, you didn't, because you made it up. didnt make it up fool i just remember a part where bale got jumped hard by some of jokers buddies. dont remember exactly which part of the movie it happend but i remember the scene

emporerpants
sure you do. you're the only one that remembers it then. you know why you're the only one? because you're making it up. no one believes you, stop lying.

spidey-dude
sure you do. you're the only one that remembers it then. you know why you're the only one? because you're making it up. no one believes you, stop lying. ok fine il say im lying just to get you to shut up about it hows that.

emporerpants
good. because you WERE lying. now that THATS out of the way, bale wins in a total stomp.

spidey-dude
good. because you WERE lying. now that THATS out of the way, bale wins in a total stomp. naw wasnt lying. just cause i remember the part and u dont doesnt make it that its not true

Da Joker
You're the only one who even said anything about the part. Everyone here agrees that you made it up. If there's more than one person disagreeing with you what does that make you?

http://www.ruinz.net/images/lex-luthor-wrong.jpg

Mr Parker
good. because you WERE lying. now that THATS out of the way, bale wins in a total stomp.

Yep,thats a no brainer.The proof is in the pudding that Bales Batman wipes the floor with Keatons wussy Batman in a heartbeat just by the poll. big grin case closed.NOW lets go on to something that actually IS debateable.Kilmers Batman vs Bales Batman.Kilmers Batman MIGHT have posed problems for Bales Batman cause unlike Keatons wussy Batman,Kilmers Batman DID show some martial arts skills in Batman Forever taking out those 5 goons or so in the beginning of Batman Forever.

spidey-dude
You're the only one who even said anything about the part. Everyone here agrees that you made it up. If there's more than one person disagreeing with you what does that make you?

http://www.ruinz.net/images/lex-luthor-wrong.jpg http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/590/smilies36175im7.jpg

emporerpants
who do you really think you're fooling spidey-dude? no one believes you, what exactly are you trying to do here? its obvious the scene you keep claiming to remember was not in the movie. just stop.

Warrior18
I own Batman Begins on DVD and watched The Dark Knight last week, so my memory of the films is rather fresh. That said I have not watched Keaton's films in years. Though I think Keaton's Batman took some serious punishment physically, Bale's stomps him in h2h skills and overall use of gadgets in combat. Bale 10/10

Wolverine2006
Balebat ftw. He is a much more superior fighter than Keaton's Batman. And plus he has a major advantage...HE CAN TURN HIS NECK! Plus hes got those cool launching razor blade gauntlets.

spidey-dude
who do you really think you're fooling spidey-dude? no one believes you, what exactly are you trying to do here? its obvious the scene you keep claiming to remember was not in the movie. just stop. i dont need u to believe me i have nothing to prove to you. i remember what i saw during the movie just cause you and the rest of the bale fanboys dont doesnt mean its not true

emporerpants
no, the fact that its not in the movie makes it not true.

spidey-dude
no, the fact that its not in the movie makes it not true. IT IS IN THERE I JUST DONT REMEMBER EXACTLY AROUND WHAT TIME IN THE MOVIE IT TOOK PLACE. MAN I FEAL SORRY FOR YOUR PARENTS WHEN THEY HAVE TO EXPLAIN THINGS TO YOU

emporerpants
ah ha ha. its not in there kid. you're not convincing anyone. not even the keaton fanboys. you're literally the only person that says its in there. either you're deluded or a liar. im guessing you're a liar.

spidey-dude
ah ha ha. its not in there kid. you're not convincing anyone. not even the keaton fanboys. you're literally the only person that says its in there. either you're deluded or a liar. im guessing you're a liar. so its not true because no one else brought it up ? yah that makes sense.

emporerpants
its not true because its not there. seriously, ask ANY of them if they've seen that scene. see what happens. God, i'm starting to just think you're an idiot.

spidey-dude
its not true because its not there. seriously, ask ANY of them if they've seen that scene. see what happens. God, i'm starting to just think you're an idiot. starting to think your one of those fanboys who never admits to something unless they want to bring it up to prove that there fanboy is better

emporerpants
how very ironic. i'm sure its lost on you though.

spidey-dude
how very ironic. i'm sure its lost on you though. i think we can all tell your head is lost by now.

Tenebrous
The first time Batman comes into contact with Joker or any of his goons is when Joker arrives at Wayne's penthouse looking for dent. joker has rachel by the throat with the knife, rachel knees him in the nuts, then batman stats beating on him. joker's goons then jump him and joker has rachel. joker throws rachel off the penthouse and batman dives after her.

grimify
I can't believe people are still arguing with him over that. A friend of mine has the dark knight bootleg on his pc, I've watched it quite a few times, the scene of batman getting worked over by thugs doesn't exist.

emporerpants
yeah, spidey-dude is just an obvious liar and troll.

spidey-dude
yeah, spidey-dude is just an obvious liar and troll. naw just to many bale fanboys but the noobs didnt read the beginning of the thread this isnt about which actor you like better.

emporerpants
its not about making up scenes to support your argument either.

Nestical
i dunno about you guys but id rather fight mike tyson or fedor then i would a pit bull.so bale being owned by dogs isnt unheard of.id love to see you people that claim that bale being owned by dogs makes him a loser fight 1 dog yourself.much easier said than done.& since when is fighting 1 on 1>>>fighting groups?have you ever been in a real fight?cause i can tell you that fighting 2 guys was harder for me than fighting 1.im not even a batman fan but bale kicks the ever loving bat$hit out of keaton

psycho gundam
who...care...about... the ...damned...dogs erm

keaton batman got worked by a single thug, if they weren't in a belfry there wouldn't have been batman returns.

sure bale got bitten by some dogs but those dogs were rottwielers belonging to a gangster, something tells me those dogs had lots of practice attacking people.

spidey-dude
its not about making up scenes to support your argument either. just cause you have short term memory that doesnt mean people are wrong when they explain things that have happened that you dont remember

emporerpants
no, it makes you crazy, as you're the ONLY person to remember that part. tell me, doesn't anyone else remember this bs claim of yours? better yet, FIND the scene and show me it. thats right, you can't because it doesn't exist. no one remembers it because it doesn't exist. you do realize that not one person who has been in this thread remembers this scene except you right?

i'm tired of talking to you. you're clearly just a troll, and the amusement i got from your incredibly stupidity has ended. you're just a sad little fanboy who is upset that keatons batman can't beat bale so you made up a scene to support your argument. the pathetic part is that you must have somehow thought you'd get away with it and that no one would call you on it. i'm not sure whether to laugh at you or feel sorry for you.

i'm rather certain that you realize that the scene doesn't exist, and you're just arguing it out to get a rise out of people. you're a troll, thats all there is to it. i'm done talking to you.

spidey-dude
no, it makes you crazy, as you're the ONLY person to remember that part. tell me, doesn't anyone else remember this bs claim of yours? better yet, FIND the scene and show me it. thats right, you can't because it doesn't exist. no one remembers it because it doesn't exist. you do realize that not one person who has been in this thread remembers this scene except you right?

i'm tired of talking to you. you're clearly just a troll, and the amusement i got from your incredibly stupidity has ended. you're just a sad little fanboy who is upset that keatons batman can't beat bale so you made up a scene to support your argument. the pathetic part is that you must have somehow thought you'd get away with it and that no one would call you on it. i'm not sure whether to laugh at you or feel sorry for you.

i'm rather certain that you realize that the scene doesn't exist, and you're just arguing it out to get a rise out of people. you're a troll, thats all there is to it. i'm done talking to you. done talking to me thank you lord thank you. finally the sock stops his arguments and goes on with his life for once. your making progress smile

demoneyeslaharl
Originally posted by psycho gundam
who...care...about... the ...damned...dogs erm

keaton batman got worked by a single thug, if they weren't in a belfry there wouldn't have been batman returns.

sure bale got bitten by some dogs but those dogs were rottwielers belonging to a gangster, something tells me those dogs had lots of practice attacking people.

And hungry. Which the Joker used to his advantage against that silly-accented mob leader.

emporerpants
keatons batman doesn't stand a chance. why do people care so much about the dogs? bale took the dogs out rather easily each time. the second time there were two of them and he got knocked down with the joker smacking the hell out of him at the same time. bale then knocked the joker away and made quick work of the dogs.

bale batman would curbstomp the stiff, slow, and wussy keaton batman. keaton batman got owned by a random thug in the belltower, and his reflexes proved to be crap when the other thug jumped him from behind in the belltower. lucky for keaton that guy gell through the floor.

spidey-dude
keatons batman doesn't stand a chance. why do people care so much about the dogs? bale took the dogs out rather easily each time. the second time there were two of them and he got knocked down with the joker smacking the hell out of him at the same time. bale then knocked the joker away and made quick work of the dogs.

bale batman would curbstomp the stiff, slow, and wussy keaton batman. keaton batman got owned by a random thug in the belltower, and his reflexes proved to be crap when the other thug jumped him from behind in the belltower. lucky for keaton that guy gell through the floor. keaton took alot harder punches than bale did and still stood up. his armor and belt is more advnaced than bales if you havent noticed that by now.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>