Asteroth vs Aegis & Tenebrous

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaptainStoic
Can she win? before being beaten, she was well on her way to becoming one of the most powerful cosmics in the Marvel Universe.

In her original form, she was said to be off the scales in power, so how would she do against Aegis & Tenebrous?

if I was not mistaken even Galactus did not want to tangle with this chick, could it be that he too would have died and made her even more powerful?

If not why then did he send an agent to tackle her and send her into a black hole? Who wins this?

CaptainStoic
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Asteroth

Utrigita
Aegis and Tenebrous for the win.

Galactus has stated that each of them is far more dangerous then Post retcon Beyonder.

guy222
T&A

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Utrigita
Aegis and Tenebrous for the win.

Galactus has stated that each of them is far more dangerous then Post retcon Beyonder.

When was this statement made? And didn't Galactus look afraid to challenge Asteroth? I think Asteroth is being a little underestimated here.

When you say post retcon Beyonder you're talking about his current power level correct?

Asteroth was only beaten by a cheap shot, Marvel obviously needed a plot device (black hole) to get rid of a being on her level.

IMO I think Aegis and Tenebrous would have as hard of a time beating Asteroth as they would if they went up against Hunger.

I also have a feeling that we will see Asteroth again (I hope so).

Utrigita
http://img254.imageshack.us/my.php?image=annihilationsilversurfenc1.jpg

He didn't look afraid from my point of view. where do you see that?

Asteroth was given a hard time by three Herald level Characters, in contrast to Hunger she didn't adapt to attacks and didn't draw energy to grow from them she required a planet to begin with, and then she would slowly grow in power, I see absolutely no indication of Galactus being afraid of Asteroth.

CaptainStoic
If Aegis and Tenebrous were more powerful than the Beyonder (which makes no sense) why did the Beyonder swat a full powered Galactus away like he was a fly in the Secret Wars?

The scan that you provided was a very good one, but it did not indicate what power level the Beyonder was at. IMO it is only an assumption.

Perhaps Galactus got amnesia from the beating he took by the original Beyonder, and can't remember how impotent he was in the face of such power.

What is your opinion as to why he did not fight Asteroth on his own?

Asteroth was toying with Beta Ray Bill, and Stardust... Alpha Ray would have died as well if there was no black hole to entrap Asteroth.... she was shown to easily equal Tyrant in power, showing that the power of a black hole held no power over her.... did you read the Storm Breaker mini? If you did you would have seen that a mere Herald level being or a dozen would have had no effect on her.

This is why I believe that Aegis and Tenebrous would have their hands full with Asteroth.

Utrigita
That because he didn't swat a full powered Galactus away, Master recently presented a handbook that point towards Doom only was at Galactus level at power at the time he was about to absorb Taa II not his full power, furthermore Galactus is presented by Kubik as one of the greater forces in the universe, Kubik says that what has happened between Kosmos (beyonder) and the Greater Powers are because they allowed it.

I'm not aware of what level of power Beyonder (maker) was operating under at that given point of time but will check it.

Again to my recalling it have to some degree been retconned.

Because it was not required for Galactus to become involved in the battle, his universe was not in immidiate danger and Asteroth was far from at full power, there was at that point of time no reason for Galactus to take a active role in her demise.

I saw that they withstood her after they had been battleling themselves for some time, they still managed to give her a fight though, and yes I have read it.

And a Dozen Heralds would be capable of producing any wounds etc on Tenebrous and Aegis?

Tenebrous
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
If Aegis and Tenebrous were more powerful than the Beyonder (which makes no sense) why did the Beyonder swat a full powered Galactus away like he was a fly in the Secret Wars? That was pre-retcon Beyonder. Can't really make that comparison vs. the Beyonder depicted in Annihilation, especially since the retcon's "official" explanation is that Galactus, among the other cosmic entities, was just going along for the ride and putting on a very entertaining show for the Beyonder to make him believe he was layin the smackdown on everyone.

This is the same beyonder that thanos encountered in the Thanos limited series (the Beyonder that was locked in the Kyln), the same Beyonder that he stated had "infinite power," could collapse the universe in on itself, etc. etc. So yes we do know the power level the Beyonder was at, only it was stated in the same exact comic Galactus was speaking in.

No, it's simply pre-retcon beyonder (who you're referring to) vs. post-recon Beyonder (the one depicted in annihilation, which we are discussing and is the topic of the thread)

The most telling fact is that Galactus took Alpha ray, made him obedient to his (Galactus') will, and dispatched alpha ray to aid Stardust.

Essentially, Galactus sent an agent to deal with the situation. Everyone knows that when Galactus is serious, he personally acts. When he doesn't want to be bothered, he sends an agent (usually, one of his heralds) to handle it. Against Asteroth, he sent an agent.

Against Aegis and Tenebrous, he went himself, and he meant business. When he was planning to fight them again, he sent SS ahead not to fight them directly, but to delay them long enough until Galactus could arrive to handle them personally.

So, in conclusion, Galactus directly intervened against Aegis and Tenebrous. Asteroth, Galactus simply sent someone else to take care of it for him, like a master of the house sending his butler to take out the garbage.

CaptainStoic

Utrigita
And that is the level we are working with since we have absolutely no idea on what level she would work on when she got more energy, even after having devoured a planet she still couldn't dispose of two herald level characters. No he didn't want to touch her hence he sent his heralds to take care of it for him, Galactus wasn't hungry at that point of time, he simply choosed not to get involved because at that point of time, his personal intervention was not required. She was draining his energies while protecting herself with a forcefield, that Stardust cracked when Alpha came flying in.

There is a really good chance that if the Heralds had fallen Galactus would have stepped in and destroyed her, a Black Hole was enough to defeat her, a Black Hole isn't remotely enough to defeat Galactus. Yes it's generous Placing her on There Level she should be far below based on the one showing she had. He refused to enter it because retrieving one of his heralds (Terrax that was hiding in there) was beneath him. He has showed that he could easily enter a Black hole from where the SS and the elders could not escape Galactus could easily.

Where did you found that?

If she had the time to grow in power that is, point is she never reached the level that would be capable of giving a indication of what she should be capable of when at full strength, she is from my point of view far less powerful then Hunger, that would adapt to everything and devour anything around it, Asteroth was far more searching when she looked for a meal beginning with a Planet.

guy222
still proemial gods

Tenebrous
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Does this sound like a being that could eventually destroy not only Aegis & Tenebrous, but most of the Marvel Cosmics alone? What we saw in Stormbreaker was Asteroth at a very weak level, and even at that level, I seriously think that Galactus didn't want to touch this nasty girl wild a 10,000 ft pole.

Galactus will fight any creature who threatens his universal balance. That's been the way the character has been written almost all the way back to jack kirby and stan lee themselves.

You can't seriously argue that Galactus wouldn't want to confront Asteroth when he instantly tried to fight Hunger, fought Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet, fought Thanos with the Heart of the Universe, wrestled with Agamotto, etc. etc.

You're making it sound like Galactus is powerless and has nothing at his disposal to combat Asteroth, and will stand there and let Asteroth feed off him. You and I both know this is incredibly incorrect. What someone can do to a herald does not necessarily mean it can be done to Galactus.

Pure conjecture...let's leave this out of the debate

He's been in a black hole before (vs. In-Betweener) as well as standing in the middle of a sun going super nova (precursor to black hole). What's really the focus is that Asteroth was stopped by a black hole.

Asteroth was stopped by a black hole. Galactus's ass is a black hole.

Yes if you substitute "Galactus" for "Asteroth" when talking about feeding, etc., we see that Galactus is even more of a threat as he has been shown on-panel to be en rout to consuming far more than the universe (black celestial arc).

Asteroth may have very high potential, but she's really a light weight as she was stopped by a black hole. Galactus knew EXACTLY what to do as alpha ray basically just flew in a straight line and propelled her into the black hole. This is a feat that Galactus can easily do himself.

But this isn't about Galactus, it's about Tenebrous and Aegis.

Guess where the name Tenebrous comes from...it comes from tenebra which is Latin for "darkness". Tenebrous is the proemial god charged with maintaining and manipulating the darkness of space: the invisible dark matter that comprises most of the universe. Now I'll speculate that black holes mean nothing to Tenebrous.

But we need more than speculation...we need on panel facts.

Fact 1: Asteroth was stopped by being propelled into a black hole
Fact 2: Tenebrous and Aegis were stopped by the cascading energies of the Crunch.

The Crunch>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>a black hole

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.