Cyclops versus Han Solo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Cyclops from the XMen movies (between part 2 and 3) versus Han Solo, the episode five version.

Cyclops has left the XMen after Jean Grey's death and become a bounty hunter, and Jabba has offered him a million credits to bring Solo in, dead or alive. He tracks Solo down to a cantina on Tattooine.

Solo, aware of Cyclop's intentions, draws his Blastech DL44 and opens fire.....

Who wins?

Blax_Hydralisk
Whoever shoots first.

Neither are fast enough to dodge the other person's fire, and both will die from one hit. So...

Han 5/5. no expression

Impediment
Scott would probably have the upper hand here since his powers are more powerful than the standard issue blaster, IMO. Also, Scott's aim is impeccable since he shoots at what he sees without fail.

Rogue Jedi
Han is a quick draw master and a dead eye shot himself. Remember when he shot four or five times at Vader in ESB? His blaster cleared his holster in the blink of an eye and all ths shots were kill shots, center mass.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Impediment
Scott would probably have the upper hand here since his powers are more powerful than the standard issue blaster, IMO.

Power doesn't matter since both attacks will kill them in one hit.

Just sayin'...

Rogue Jedi
It's not like Solo is just gonna stand there, you know.

Impediment
Scott can fire his optic blasts considerably faster than Han can draw his blaster, aim, and fire.

Menetnashté
Han takes it, he's got luck on his side.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Whoever shoots first.

Neither are fast enough to dodge the other person's fire, and both will die from one hit. So...

Han 5/5. no expression As GL clearly decided, Han always shoots second.

So that gay scott.

Robtard
IMO. Also, Scott's aim is impeccable since he shoots at what he sees without fail.

Scott can fire his optic blasts considerably faster than Han can draw his blaster, aim, and fire.

These points are valid and trump anything Han could do, so even though he's a way cooler character, Han dies 10 out of 10. Sorry SW fannies.

Bardock42
Why are we sure that Scott can activate his visor before Han can draw his blaster?

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
It's not like Solo is just gonna stand there, you know.

Why do you say things like this when the exact same would be true of the non-Starwars character you're dieing to see lose?

Rogue Jedi
So not even the slightest chance of Cyclops missing?

Robtard
Originally posted by Bardock42
Why are we sure that Scott can activate his visor before Han can draw his blaster?

Because Scott just has to look and think, Han has to look, think, draw, aim and squeeze the mother****ing trigger. Granted, we're talking 10ths of a second here, but those 10ths determine who is dead and who isn't.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Robtard
Because Scott just has to look and think, Han has to look, think, draw, aim and squeeze the mother****ing trigger. Granted, we're talking 10ths of a second here, but those 10ths determine who is dead and who isn't.

...no, I'm pretty sure Scott has to look, think......and then get his hand on his Visor and activate it.

Robtard
So not even the slightest chance of Cyclops missing?
So, not even the slightest chance of Han missing? (see below)
Why do you say things like this when the exact same would be true of the non-Starwars character you're dieing to see lose?

See what I mean about doing that?

Robtard
...no, I'm pretty sure Scott has to look, think......and then get his hand on his Visor and activate it.

The touching of the visor is to change the level/magnitude of fire, not to fire.

It stands to reason if he's entering the cantina to kill or capture someone, he would have it set to whichever kill, stun, obliterate setting beforehand.

Bardock42
The touching of the vixor is to change the level/magnitude of fire, not to fire.

It stands to reason if he's entering the cantina to kill someone, he would have it set to whichver kill, stun, obliterate setting.

Is that stated in the movies? Because I think it is in order to fire.

Robtard
Is that stated in the movies? Because I think it is in order to fire.

The concussive blast come from his body/eyes, not the visor.

Rogue Jedi
Is that stated in the movies? Because I think it is in order to fire. I was just thinking that too.

Han is pretty damn fast and accurate as hell, he displays this when shooting at Vader.

Bardock42
I was just thinking that too.

Han is pretty damn fast and accurate as hell, he displays this when shooting at Vader.

You think of your own line of arguments from now on, mister mhm

Robtard
I was just thinking that too.

Han is a quickdraw, but the Vader scene does not prove his accuracy, Vader was just across the table.

Either way, I don't think either man would necessarily miss, so it comes down to who shoots first. Scott has the advantage there.

Rogue Jedi
You think of your own line of arguments from now on, mister mhm Hurts that much to have the same stance? haermm

Röland
edit: Was late. haermm

Bardock42
The concussive blast come from his body/eyes, not the visor.

Yes, but the Visor is there to stop it. I don't see why Cyclops should have the power to bypass that if he chooses (at least in the Comics he can't for sure, though, I believe he might have a fancy visor that opens with his mind or through another mechanism, not in the movies so).

Anyways, I am not sure how it is in the movies, if what you say is right then Scott. If not, I'd tend to give it to Han, though I would say it is a close one.

Impediment
Scott doesn't have to manually activate his visor to fire his blasts. He has never had to. The movie adaptation had Cyclops put his hand to his visor simply to adjust the rate of fire, if you will.

Bardock42
Scott doesn't have to manually activate his visor to fire his blasts. He has never had to. The movie adaptation had Cyclops put his hand to his visor simply to adjust the rate of fire, if you will.

Do you have proof of that?

Robtard
Yes, but the Visor is there to stop it. I don't see why Cyclops should have the power to bypass that if he chooses (at least in the Comics he can't for sure, though, I believe he might have a fancy visor that opens with his mind or through another mechanism, not in the movies so).

Anyways, I am not sure how it is in the movies, if what you say is right then Scott for sure. If not, I'd tend to give it to Han, though I would say it is a close one.

I can agree with that. I'm fairly certain he fires in the movies without touching the visor though, if not it would be close.

It comes down to a matter of how long would it take Scott to lift his hand to the visor vs. how long it takes Solo to grab and draw the pistol.

I say Scott has a slight advantage time-wise here.

Rogue Jedi
Do you have proof of that?

Bardock42
I can agree with that. I'm fairly certain he fires in the movies without touching the visor though, if not it would be close.

It comes down to a matter of how long would it take Scott to lift his hand to the visor vs. how long it takes Solo to grab and draw the pistol.

I say Scott has a slight advantage time-wise here.

I can't quite decide, but the thing that was the deciding factor for me was that Cyclops is a douche.

Impediment
I can't find anything.

Still, I'm of the opinion that Cyclops has aiming superiority since his weapon is, in fact, his eyes.

Bardock42
I can't find anything.

Still, I'm of the opinion that Cyclops has aiming superiority since his weapon is, in fact, his eyes.

I agree, I just don't think it will matter much, cause Han is a very good shot, so if he was able to draw first he'd take it by a large margin even though he might miss in some cases.

Robtard
I can't quite decide, but the thing that was the deciding factor for me was that Cyclops is a douche.

I agree, I'd rather have a beer with Solo any day of the week before I had one with Scott. But raising your hand to your head is faster (10ths of a second) than grabbing and drawing a pistol.

Also, Scott never misses (aim) as Imp pointed out, 'his eyes are the weapons', so unless Solo is a master dodger, Scott has the aim advantage too.

Impediment
Cognitive thought is faster than cognitive thought+movement.

Bardock42
Cognitive thought is faster than cognitive thought+movement.

Well, we aren't 100% on that being how Cyclops shoots, are we?

And Han is appears faster to me.

Robtard
Well, we aren't 100% on that being how Cyclops shoots, are we?

And Han is appears faster to me.

Going on the grounds that Scott has to touch the visor, which do you think takes more time?

A) Raising your hand to your temple.
B) Drawing a pistol

This is also doing away with the fact that Solo has to aim the pistol too while Scott is basically pre-aimed.

Impediment
Okay, I'll concede to the movie premise that Scott has to raise his hand to his visor to fire.

However, I agree with Rob. Raising your hand to your temple and looking to fire at an object is more convenient than drawing a blaster, aiming, and firing.

Rogue Jedi
Go back and watch ESB, where Han draws on Vader. It is done in the blink of an eye, Han is totally surprised, and every shot was a kill shot.

Bardock42
Going on the grounds that Scott has to touch the visor, which do you think takes more time?

A) Raising your hand to your temple.
B) Drawing a pistol

This is also doing away with the fact that Solo has to aim the pistol too while Scott is basically pre-aimed.

I just think that Han could draw and shoot before Scott could get his hand to his temple. At least if they were to stand in a normal position with their arms hanging from their sides.

Röland
I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure the visor is there so Scott can control his optic blast.

It has no effect on whether or not he can shoot.

Bardock42

Rogue Jedi
I just think that Han could draw and shoot before Scott could get his hand to his temple. At least if they were to stand in a normal position with their arms hanging from their sides. Not to mention Han can fire from the hip.

Röland
I am not sure how that would work.
I meant "control" as in to not let his power run wild.

Bardock42

Röland
I think Cyclops shoots constantly as long as his eyes are open. The red sunglasses stop that as well as the visor. He can operate the visor though to shoot controlled blasts (needs to touch it though).
That's what I was trying to convey but I was unsure on what the visor actually did as far as letting him use his powers.

Robtard
Not to mention Han can fire from the hip.

Which would gimp him aim considerably.

Also, is the the scene you were mentioning before?

2CdicAx1P14
1:37 of this one:
f7KkFcyOklg

Either of those scenes, Han isn't super-quick as you made him out to be.

Impediment
In the comics, Cyclops can fire his blasts at will. No hand-to-visor movement.

In the movies, for the sake of realism, I guess, Cyclops was made to put his hand to his visor to physically release a burst of optic energy.

Röland

2CdicAx1P14
I had to watch that twice to see that it was edited. lol.

dadudemon

Robtard

Rogue Jedi

2CdicAx1P14 WTF is that? You know what scene I am talking about haermm

Yeah, that scene, BUT the real version.

Robtard
WTF is that? You know what scene I am talking about haermm

Yeah, that scene, BUT the real version.

I posted another that wasn't edited (look above), in either scene. Han isn't drawing the pistol as fast as you implied he did.

Röland
It looked like it, so I posted another just in case. Either way, Han is drawing and firing in the "blink of an eye".
I see your point, I was just laughing because of Vader shooting.

But yes, Han doesn't draw "in the blink of an eye".

Rogue Jedi

2CdicAx1P14
1:37 of this one:
f7KkFcyOklg

Either of those scenes, Han isn't super-quick as you made him out to be. Weird, I was actually watching that same vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7KkFcyOklg

haermm

Han was taken by surprise, he needed a split second to realize his friend had betrayed him. Once he realized the danger and acted, yes, he is that fast.

Robtard
Weird, I was actually watching that same vid.

Han was taken by surprise, he needed a split second to realize his friend had betrayed him. Once he realized the danger and acted, yes, he is that fast.

I'm talking about his hand movement, he doesn't draw and fire the gun all that fast.

Rogue Jedi
I'm talking about his hand movement, he doesn't draw and fire the gun all that fast. I dont use the term "in the blink of an eye" literally. But he does it faster than Scott would be able to raise his hand to his visor, aim and fire.

dadudemon
"M-my post."

Bardock42
Originally posted by dadudemon
"M-my post." Wasn't that great.

Raoul
as much as i loathe movie scott, he should take this one imo...

dadudemon
Wasn't that great.

Did you notice that I quoted you? Hmmm?

Bardock42
Did you notice that I quoted you? Hmmm? Nope.

dadudemon
Nope.

I put what you've said before in quotes. Remember now?

Bardock42
I put what you've said before in quotes. Remember now? Still no idea what you mean.

dadudemon
Still no idea what you mean.
Damn...you're gonna make search for it? sad

Bardock42
Damn...you're gonna make search for it? sad

Would be nice, you don't need to though.

dadudemon
Would be nice, you don't need to though.

k

I searched while you were typing...cause I knew you'd want it... erm

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=9964452&highlight=m-my+post+userid%3A50458#post9964452

Bardock42
k

I searched while you were typing...cause I knew you'd want it... erm

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=9964452&highlight=m-my+post+userid%3A50458#post9964452

Oh...yeah, funny story.

dadudemon
Oh...yeah, funny story.

You could have searched yourself... no expression

Bardock42
You could have searched yourself... no expression

Nah, didn't know what you were talking about at all.

dadudemon
Nah, didn't know what you were talking about at all.

I know. You could have searched for the text posted by YOU. Just type in-----> M-my post.

and look for the results. You'd find it...and if I was just talking out of my ass, no results.

Therefore, no knowledge of what I was talking about would be required.

Bardock42
I know. You could have searched for the text posted by YOU. Just type in-----> M-my post.

and look for the results. You'd find it...and if I was just talking out of my ass, no results.

Therefore, no knowledge of what I was talking about would be required.

313 Nah, I couldn't. Cause I had no idea you were talking about where you said "M-my post".

dadudemon
Nah, I couldn't. Cause I had no idea you were talking about where you said "M-my post".

Even after I told you I was quoting...it didn't cross your mind to see if I was bullshitting? (Which is the point that I referring to when I said you could have looked it up.)

Bardock42
Even after I told you I was quoting...it didn't cross your mind to see if I was bullshitting? (Which is the point that I referring to when I said you could have looked it up.)

Actually, I rechecked your larger post, I didn't give the one I quoted another thought, so I couldn't find it.

dadudemon
Actually, I rechecked your larger post, I didn't give the one I quoted another thought, so I couldn't find it.

Why would you check anything other than the words(and dash) between the question marks? That's what I did after I gave up expecting you to search for it. It returned only one result when I searched your name for that quote. It is very simple. sad

I was joking about the "you could have searched for it yourself". This is not serious business.

Bardock42
Why would you check anything other than the words(and dash) between the question marks? That's what I did after I gave up expecting you to search for it. It returned only one result when I searched your name for that quote. It is very simple. sad

I was joking about the "you could have searched for it yourself". This is not serious business.

No idea what you are talking about.

dadudemon

Sorry it took so long...I'm at work right now.

K..

watch this...

First...click search...
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z238/dadudemon/image1.jpg

Then, click "Advanced Search":
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z238/dadudemon/image2.jpg

Then click "Advanced Option":
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z238/dadudemon/image3.jpg

Then type in the data as follows:
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z238/dadudemon/image4.jpg

Then click "KMC Search" and you'll end up with this:
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z238/dadudemon/image5.jpg

WEEEEEEEEEEE!

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z238/dadudemon/carlton.gif

Bardock42
Carlton is funny.

But, as you seem to not understand, I was not aware that you were talking about when you said "M-my post", I was under the impression you were talking about your earlier longer post, so, even though I am familiar with the search function of KMC, it was beyond my abilities to find that quote as I did not know what you were referring to.

dadudemon
Carlton is funny.

But, as you seem to not understand, I was not aware that you were talking about when you said "M-my post", I was under the impression you were talking about your earlier longer post, so, even though I am familiar with the search function of KMC, it was beyond my abilities to find that quote as I did not know what you were referring to.

But you replied to my post. My entire post was in quotes.

I don't care that it didn't dawn on you. I was just joking with you.

Just like my above post, it was basically a large smartass post.

Back on topic?

Bardock42
But you replied to my post. My entire post was in quotes.

I don't care that it didn't dawn on you. I was just joking with you.

Just like my above post, it was basically a large smartass post.

Back on topic?

dadudemon

laughing laughing laughing

Is that a trick? big grin

Bardock42
laughing laughing laughing

Is that a trick? big grin

Something new every day.

I'd still say Han with a slight advantage.

Rogue Jedi
go fetch betch.

Robtard

I'd still say Han with a slight advantage.

Did you watch the 2nd clip I posted? Han isn't drawing his weapon and firing all that fast, it certainly isn't slow, but it certainly isn't Quickdraw-McGraw impressive. While Cyclops is shown raising his hand and firing pretty damn fast, not that raising your hand quickly is really an impressive feat since many a person could do it.

Bardock42
Did you watch the 2nd clip I posted? Han isn't drawing his weapon and firing all that fast, it certainly isn't slow, but it certainly isn't Quickdraw-McGraw impressive. While Cyclops is shown raising his hand and firing pretty damn fast, not that raising your hand quickly is really an impressive feat since many a person could do it.

Well, I feel his drawing was pretty fast, his reaction time seems slow, because of cutting though.

I suppose Cyclops is a well trained superhero, but still, Han probably draws more often than Cyclops....cyclopses.

Robtard
Well, I feel his drawing was pretty fast, his reaction time seems slow, because of cutting though.

I suppose Cyclops is a well trained superhero, but still, Han probably draws more often than Cyclops....cyclopses.

You see his hand move down and draw the pistol, it's clearly shown and it wasn't all that fast. Go watch it again, you'll see.

You think Han draws his gun more times than Scott raises his hand? I'm almost tempted to give you an "odd" response to that.

Rogue Jedi
You see his hand move down and draw the pistol, it's clearly shown and it wasn't all that fast. Go watch it again, you'll see.

You think Han draws his gun more times than Scott raises his hand? I'm almost tempted to give you an "odd" response to that. Odd indeed haermm

But I watched the DVD and several times earlier, XMEN and ESB, and Han indeed appears faster.

Scythe
Cyclops lives in a school, a school he attended, I think he's had many, many years of training his hand raising since....it's a school. I've raised my hand to answer questions, even those competition questions that teachers at times ask to see a hand first. I'm sure he can raise his hand faster than an above average man can draw a gun and fire. Granted Han is fast, but he's not "touch my temple to shoot shit" fast.

Blax_Hydralisk
Well, by that same token, Han has been using a blaster for his entire childhood, and then received military training when he joined the Imperial Academy and became one of the best. He then continued to use one as a smuggler. So... he's been using a blaster for 30+ years. It's as much a second nature for Han to raise and aim his gun as it is for Scott to put his hand on his head and shoot. Han's actually been doing it for a lot longer as well...

Rogue Jedi
Cyclops and Han, both facing off, hands at their sides, Cyclops has to move his hand like three times the distance that Han does when Han draws his blaster.

Scythe
But there's in-between dillemma for Han. Unholstering, aiming, triggering.

Vs.

Placing a hand on Cyclop's visor...

Wow...

Blax_Hydralisk
Well, I think people are looking at this kind of the wrong way... Han Solo hasn't survived as long as he has by shooting blindly at someone as they through the door.If Han is aware of Scott's presence and they're in a cantina, then that means that there's loads of cover and people to hide behind around, etc. It's not really like an old western were they walk down the street and draw. I mean, what's the difference between Scott and a squad of Stormtroopers who already have there rifles aimed and and just need to pull the trigger? Not a whole lot... yet Han has mowed down more Stormtroopers then one would think possible.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Scythe
But there's in-between dillemma for Han. Unholstering, aiming, triggering.

Vs.

Placing a hand on Cyclop's visor...

Wow... All of which Han does at lightning speed. Aiming is instinctive for Han, he is a frigging dead eye. No pun intended. Not to mention what Blax said.

Placidity
Han also has to aim well before firing. Cyclops can just remove his visor while looking in the general direction of Solo.

In Xmen, Toad snatches his visor and Cyke destroys the whole roof of the train station.

Area of effect attack peoples, aka "Get off my lawn".

Blax_Hydralisk
Forgot something else, though. If Cyclops also knows that Han is in the cantina somewhere, then he is probably not going to walk in with his hands at his sides; he'll be ready for trouble. Even in the movies, when he's entering a known dangerous area, he usually holds his hand at the side of his head. So... he'll probably walk into the Cantina the same way, which means that all he has to do is aim and press the button.

I'm not exactly sure who wins. It can certainly go either way, but with the above thought in mind I'd say Scott might take it 6-7 out of ten times.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Placidity
Han also has to aim well before firing. Cyclops can just remove his visor while looking in the general direction of Solo.

In Xmen, Toad snatches his visor and Cyke destroys the whole roof of the train station.

Area of effect attack peoples, aka "Get off my lawn".

What would be the point of vaporizing half the people in the Cantina when you only need to do kill one man? He doesn't have super speed and your beams move at lightspeed. He's not going to dodge roll out of the way. Besides the extra second needed to take off his visor might earn him a bolt in the eye.

Rogue Jedi
Cykes doesnt walk in ready to fire, read the opening post, Solo spots him first. Cykes knows Solo is somewhere in the Cantina, and as usual wont harm an innocent, so he is not just gonna open fire when he sees Han.

He tracks Solo down to a cantina on Tattooine.

Placidity
I guess if they are in-character, he wouldn't use his uncontrolled blast...

Blax_Hydralisk
If Cyclops also knows that Han is in the cantina somewhere, then he is probably not going to walk in with his hands at his sides; he'll be ready for trouble.

However, if Han automatically gets to shoot first then Scott is dead 10/10 times. Han's aim is nearly dead perfect.

Rogue Jedi
Cykes without his goggles pwns ALOT of movie characters haermm

Scythe
Forgot something else, though. If Cyclops also knows that Han is in the cantina somewhere, then he is probably not going to walk in with his hands at his sides; he'll be ready for trouble. Even in the movies, when he's entering a known dangerous area, he usually holds his hand at the side of his head. So... he'll probably walk into the Cantina the same way, which means that all he has to do is aim and press the button.

I'm not exactly sure who wins. It can certainly go either way, but with the above thought in mind I'd say Scott might take it 6-7 out of ten times.

Pretty much, I was under the impression that it was a western style quick-draw the way RJ made it seem.

However, even before there's a chance to say: "Look who's at the door!" Cyclops can just aim with sheer sight. He takes this one.

Also RJ, I'm not sure what you think lightning fast is. Lightning fast is incredibly fast.... I know it's a figure of speech, but you make it seem like time stops while Han draws his gun...

Placidity
Cykes doesnt walk in ready to fire, read the opening post, Solo spots him first. Cykes knows Solo is somewhere in the Cantina, and as usual wont harm an innocent, so he is not just gonna open fire when he sees Han.

So you're making another topic where the situation greatly favours someone over the other The one you want to win at that... confused

Scythe
EDIT: Hahaha! Placidity noticed it too! The gimping has started!

Are we gonna start gimping again?? Hahaha, for one, if you've watched any of the X-Men movies you'd know it's not like Cyclops to enter anything(!) without being ready. Also what's the point of Han already knowing he's there. Since you stated that Han spots Cyclops first, what's the point of even making a Vs. thread? If Han spots him first, then Cyclops is dead...

Rogue Jedi
If you are in a cantina and I walk in, who is likely to spot who first? The person entering, or the person already there, amongst the crowd? It's common sense.

Scythe
Then by all means RJ, how does Cyclops stand a chance then??

Rogue Jedi
Han is LIKELY to spot Cykes first, it's not a given, man. And it's not a guarantee that Han's first shot would find it's mark, is it? Han is a deadeye, but even monkeys fall out of trees.

I thought Cykes walking up and saying "Lets go Solo" was a bit boring, to tell the truth.

If you dont like the opening scenario, it aint my problem.

Blax_Hydralisk
How is it "likely", if Han opens fire? Why would he open fire if he doesn't know where Cyclops is? Is he just randomly firing at nothing? You said he opens fire with his blaster.

And the chances of Han missing in the close proximity of a Cantina are far and few between. If Han fires first then he'll win, at the least, 7/10 times.

Rogue Jedi
How is it "likely", if Han opens fire? Why would he open fire if he doesn't know where Cyclops is? Is he just randomly firing at nothing? You said he opens fire with his blaster.

And the chances of Han missing in the close proximity of a Cantina are far and few between. If Han fires first then he'll win, at the least, 7/10 times. Well, he IS on the run, he aint gonna just sit there with his back to the door like a dumbass, this is Han Solo we are talking about here. He knows bounty hunters are after him, and when he sees Cykes enter the cantina, a stranger wearing funky glasses, he will put two and two together. Cykes doesnt exactly look like a speeder salesman.

Scythe
Han's good, if he spots Cyclops first, he'll most likely shoot at him and......ya know....not miss...

How does that work? He most likely won't shoot him, or he might. What?!

Rogue Jedi
Han's good, if he spots Cyclops first, he'll most likely shoot at him and......ya know....not miss...

How does that work? He most likely won't shoot him, or he might. What?! You're not even trying anymore, are you?

Scythe
You're not even trying anymore, are you?

Nah, you just fail to make sense. I'm trying to understand how you're saying Han spots Cyclops first and doesn't kill him since he's 'oh so very lightning fast'. I doubt Han cares if anyone gets caught in the crossfire, so he'd shoot first, and since he has the advantage of spotting Cyclops first, he'd shoot and kill.

Then you're saying that he'd likely miss and something about monkeys falling off trees, so it's all very confusing and stupid.

If Han sees Cyclops first, Cyclops is dead, so then why make this thread? Cyclops wouldn't hurt the other people inside so he'd try to hide, since Han is an excellent shot, he'd die. Another one-sided battle brought to you by RJ.

Maybe if things were like a draw like so many of us thought, then Cyclops might have a chance, but in this fight, Han has the upper hand the entire time. You're pitting a man unholstering his gun and shooting at a man vs. entering the building, looking around, finally spotting Han and raising his hand to his visor. Yeah... Why god...why...?

Rogue Jedi
Nah, you just fail to make sense. I'm trying to understand how you're saying Han spots Cyclops first and doesn't kill him since he's 'oh so very lightning fast'. I doubt Han cares if anyone gets caught in the crossfire, so he'd shoot first, and since he has the advantage of spotting Cyclops first, he'd shoot and kill.

Then you're saying that he'd likely miss and something about monkeys falling off trees, so it's all very confusing and stupid.

If Han sees Cyclops first, Cyclops is dead, so then why make this thread? Cyclops wouldn't hurt the other people inside so he'd try to hide, since Han is an excellent shot, he'd die. Another one-sided battle brought to you by RJ.

Maybe if things were like a draw like so many of us thought, then Cyclops might have a chance, but in this fight, Han has the upper hand the entire time. You're pitting a man unholstering his gun and shooting at a man vs. entering the building, looking around, finally spotting Han and raising his hand to his visor. Yeah... Why god...why...? I am using basic human behavioral patterns.

If you were on the run from bounty hunters, wouldn't you be a bit more observant than the average Joe? If you were in a cantina having a drink, wouldnt you have your eye on every Tom Dick and Harry that walked in?

If Cykes is an intergalactic bounty hunter, I am sure Han will at least have an idea what he looks like.

Scythe
I am using basic human behavioral patterns.

If you were on the run from bounty hunters, wouldn't you be a bit more observant than the average Joe? If you were in a cantina having a drink, wouldnt you have your eye on every Tom Dick and Harry that walked in?

If Cykes is an intergalactic bounty hunter, I am sure Han will at least have an idea what he looks like.

I'm not sure what you're going on about. I hope you realize that I know, and understand that Han sees Cyclops first. I'm not arguing that Han would never recognize Cyclops. Han is forced to recognize Cyclops since you simply stated that he spots Cyclops first.

My argument is why create this thread when Han sees Cyclops first? It's pretty much checkmate since Han sees him already and Cyclops doesn't.

Rogue Jedi
I'm not sure what you're going on about. I hope you realize that I know, and understand that Han sees Cyclops first. I'm not arguing that Han would never recognize Cyclops. Han is forced to recognize Cyclops since you simply stated that he spots Cyclops first.

My argument is why create this thread when Han sees Cyclops first? It's pretty much checkmate since Han sees him already and Cyclops doesn't. I am arguing that Han will see him first in all probability, since HE is on the run and has his eye on everyone coming and going.

You didnt answer my question about what if it were you on the run, what it would do to your sense of awareness, and of others around you.

Scythe
I am arguing that Han will see him first in all probability, since HE is on the run and has his eye on everyone coming and going.

You didnt answer my question about what if it were you on the run, what it would do to your sense of awareness, and of others around you.

I don't see how that question has any relevence to this thread. Personally if you ask me, and I was a wanted man, I'd turn myself in to the proper authorities. I'd certainly not go to a damn cantina...

Rogue Jedi
I don't see how that question has any relevence to this thread. Personally if you ask me, and I was a wanted man, I'd turn myself in to the proper authorities. I'd certainly not go to a damn cantina... Thats what I knew you'd say, but I had to ask.

It's relevant because it's about the mindset of one of the combatants, do I need to get you some flash cards or spell it out for you?

Scythe
Thats what I knew you'd say, but I had to ask.

It's relevant because it's about the mindset of one of the combatants, do I need to get you some flash cards or spell it out for you?

I'm flattered for the offer to have you purchase me some flash cards or draw me a picture, but no thank you.

I think your intent is to get one to achieve your desired thought at the moment. Which is strange, since I'm not saying Han would never see Cyclops. It is common nature for stupid criminals to be jumpy and on the run, so I hope that's served you some purpose. Han sees Cyclops first, I've agreed to that since you stated it in the beginning but my question is, why have this thread when Han will most definitly win due to his massive advantage you've given him?

Rogue Jedi
I'm flattered for the offer to have you purchase me some flash cards or draw me a picture, but no thank you.

I think your intent is to get one to achieve your desired thought at the moment. Which is strange, since I'm not saying Han would never see Cyclops. It is common nature for stupid criminals to be jumpy and on the run, so I hope that's served you some purpose. Han sees Cyclops first, I've agreed to that since you stated it in the beginning but my question is, why have this thread when Han will most definitly win due to his massive advantage you've given him? So now Han is a stupid criminal? Coke came outta my nose when I read that, seriously, it did.

Also, you mentioned before you would turn yourself in. To a crime lord who wants you dead?

Utrigita
Do they fight in Character?

Scythe
So now Han is a stupid criminal? Coke came outta my nose when I read that, seriously, it did.

Also, you mentioned before you would turn yourself in. To a crime lord who wants you dead?

I never said Han is a stupid criminal. Please don't assume things in your mind. I said it's common nature that stupid criminals run and are jumpy in regard to your post that you stated what would I do. Han is a smuggler, but in this scene, he's clearly taking up common nature that criminals on the run would gradually assume.

Yes, I don't fear death, I'd turn myself in to a crime lord, you asked, and that's my honest answer. What's the point of fleeing?

Rogue Jedi
I never said Han is a stupid criminal. Please don't assume things in your mind. I said it's common nature that stupid criminals run and are jumpy in regard to your post that you stated what would I do. Han is a smuggler, but in this scene, he's clearly taking up common nature that criminals on the run would gradually assume.

Yes, I don't fear death, I'd turn myself in to a crime lord, you asked, and that's my honest answer. What's the point of fleeing? In your situation? Gee, I dunno....to live? To be with the woman you love? Wouldnt you kill for her, do anything to be with her? But you would just roll over and give up?

Scythe
In your situation? Gee, I dunno....to live? To be with the woman you love? Wouldnt you kill for her, do anything to be with her? But you would just roll over and give up?

What the hell are you talking about? I hope you realize how hard this is making me laugh, since when is this thread about what I'd do?! Hahaha!

To make things easier on you, yeah, I'd turn myself in. Not 'roll' over and give up crying and screaming like you probably are fantasizing, but just strictly, here I am. Ya found me. Now kill me.

Rogue Jedi
What the hell are you talking about? I hope you realize how hard this is making me laugh, since when is this thread about what I'd do?! Hahaha!

To make things easier on you, yeah, I'd turn myself in. Not 'roll' over and give up crying and screaming like you probably are fantasizing, but just strictly, here I am. Ya found me. Now kill me. It's meant to make you understand the mindset of someone on the run, but apparently you just are incapable of using your imagination, of putting yourself in someone else's place.

Scythe
It's meant to make you understand the mindset of someone on the run, but apparently you just are incapable of using your imagination, of putting yourself in someone else's place.

Oh no, I understand Han is on the run. Can't say it's my personal option to do the same, but I fully understand Han doesn't wanna get caught and would fight the good fight. No need to drive the topic down to the ground burning just to prove a dumb point. I understood the whole time. It's smart for Han to be hiding, and he'd be on the look out for Cyclops all the time. He wouldn't let Cyclops get the drop on him.

Rogue Jedi
Oh no, I understand Han is on the run. Can't say it's my personal option to do the same, but I fully understand Han doesn't wanna get caught and would fight the good fight. No need to drive the topic down to the ground burning just to prove a dumb point. I understood the whole time. It's smart for Han to be hiding, and he'd be on the look out for Cyclops all the time. He wouldn't let Cyclops get the drop on him. That's all I have been trying to say.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Utrigita
Do they fight in Character?

Bardock42
God, I hate you RJ.

I do believe that Han as we saw and hear about him in the movies, does have a better chance in a drawinng/getting hand to button on head contest.

That seems to be the only really interesting scenario as well, both with their hands on their trigger would likely kill each other.

The boring, Han can hide, sees him first and doesn't have any second thought about killing him is just ****ing stupid.

Rogue Jedi
God, I hate you RJ.

I do believe that Han as we saw and hear about him in the movies, does have a better chance in a drawinng/getting hand to button on head contest.

That seems to be the only really interesting scenario as well, both with their hands on their trigger would likely kill each other.

The boring, Han can hide, sees him first and doesn't have any second thought about killing him is just ****ing stupid. GTFO then, it takes much more energy to post like a whiny schoolgirl with a chromosone disorder than it does to just ignore.

It's VERY mutual yes

MY thread, MY conditions. Dont like it? Exit stage right.

Bardock42
GTFO then, it takes much more energy to post like a whiny schoolgirl with a chromosone disorder than it does to just ignore.

It's VERY mutual yes

MY thread, MY conditions. Dont like it? Exit stage right.

Well, I'm going to discuss the interesting aspects of such a hypothetical fight, so you can go screw yourself.

Your boring "I love this character so he needs to win...he needs to cry" got old with your last spite thread.

Do you really have that little faith in Solo that you need to make it a "other person has no idea what's coming, he pulls the trigger and wins" situation

Rogue Jedi
Nope, I am merely putting Solo in a position he has been in before, and using basic human psychology to explain his state of mind. It's not my fault you dont get it or dont like the conditions.

Me, if I dont like a versus matchup or the scenario, I ignore the thread, but you, you feel the need to throw your weight around and make waves. Good luck with that.

Bardock42
Nope, I am merely putting Solo in a position he has been in before, and using basic human psychology to explain his state of mind. It's not my fault you dont get it or dont like the conditions.

Me, if I dont like a versus matchup or the scenario, I ignore the thread, but you, you feel the need to throw your weight around and make waves. Good luck with that.

It's not about not getting it, it's about it not being fair. Why not make a thread about Solo having a Kryptonite gun, while Superman lies knocked out on the ground in front of him under a red sun? What's the point? It doesn't give an interesting or fair view of the combatants.

I am sure I will have good luck with that. Most people here probably prefer someone giving a fair assessment of a situation, even if it goes against the guy they chose to a spiteful whiner that wants his precious idol to win at all costs.

Robtard
Why not make a thread about Solo having a Kryptonite gun, while Superman lies knocked out on the ground in front of him under a red sun? What's the point? It doesn't give an interesting or fair view of the combatants.

I think Han would beat Superman, but after he kills him, Swagger pulls off the sweetest snipe of his life and takes out Solo, because Swag is an American, **** ya!

Impediment
God, I hate you RJ.

The boring, Han can hide, sees him first and doesn't have any second thought about killing him is just ****ing stupid.

Well, I'm going to discuss the interesting aspects of such a hypothetical fight, so you can go screw yourself.

Your boring "I love this character so he needs to win...he needs to cry" got old with your last spite thread.

Do you really have that little faith in Solo that you need to make it a "other person has no idea what's coming, he pulls the trigger and wins" situation

GTFO then, it takes much more energy to post like a whiny schoolgirl with a chromosone disorder than it does to just ignore

RJ, calm down. You, too, Bardock. There's no need for insults.

I'm tired of people ganging up on one person because of this whole stupid "spite thread" shit. It's a goddamn fight scenario. Let's have fun discussing it without resorting to insults and baiting. Sheesh.

I'm very lenient, but I'm gonna have to start being an a$$hole if this doesn't stop.

Bardock42
RJ, calm down. You, too, Bardock. There's no need for insults.

I'm tired of people ganging up on one person because of this whole stupid "spite thread" shit. It's a goddamn fight scenario. Let's have fun discussing it without resorting to insults and baiting. Sheesh.

I'm very lenient, but I'm gonna have to start being an a$$hole if this doesn't stop.

The point is that he adjusts scenarios when he makes threads so they aren't fun, but "RJ's favourite wins for sure". Fair enough, anyways, if I want to discuss the fair and even matchup of the two characters will I have to make my own thread or can I just disregard the "Han has all advantages, and Cyclops on top of it has hist hands tied to his back" scenario?

Impediment
Let's discuss a fair and even match-up.

Bardock42
Let's discuss a fair and even match-up.

Excellent.

So this is how I see it. If they have to shoot first, Han would have a slight advantage. He could probably also dodge better than Cyclops, though Cyclops would have better aim.

In the event that they'd bot know where they are but are dodging and hiding instead of just attacking I'd say Cyclops easily takes it if it was an all out fight. If it is more in character, Han would have a better chance.

Rogue Jedi
The point is that he adjusts scenarios when he makes threads so they aren't fun, but "RJ's favourite wins for sure". Fair enough, anyways, if I want to discuss the fair and even matchup of the two characters will I have to make my own threadbest idea you have had all day

Then your opinion here will be disregarded.

Bardock42
best idea you have had all day

Then your opinion here will be disregarded. Nah, Impediment said we go for a fair matchup, so I think your "Han is aiming at him and just needs to pull the trigger" idea is going to be disregarded instead.

Scythe
Nah, Impediment said we go for a fair matchup, so I think your "Han is aiming at him and just needs to pull the trigger" idea is going to be disregarded instead.

Best idea yet.

Rogue Jedi
Nah, Impediment said we go for a fair matchup, so I think your "Han is aiming at him and just needs to pull the trigger" idea is going to be disregarded instead. I never said that. I just said that since Han is the one on the run he is watching everyone coming and going, and that it is far more likely that he will spot Cyclops first.

Cyclops, for all we know, could wait until Han has his head up his ass, like Greedo did in "A New Hope", and approach him then.

In this scenario, mind you, there is no Chewie, and there is no old Jedi Master and farmboy distracting him.

Bardock42
I never said that. I just said that since Han is the one on the run he is watching everyone coming and going, and that it is far more likely that he will spot Cyclops first.

Cyclops, for all we know, could wait until Han has his head up his ass, like Greedo did in "A New Hope", and approach him then.

In this scenario, mind you, there is no Chewie, and there is no old Jedi Master and farmboy distracting him.
Actually, what you said was that

Cykes doesnt walk in ready to fire

wont harm an innocent

is not just gonna open fire when he sees Han

while

Solo spots him first

Solo draws his Blastech DL44

and opens fire

So, you didn't even say he has to pull the trigger...no...in your scenario...HE ALREADY DID!!!

Way to go making a fair and balanced thread, clown.

chillmeistergen
RJ should be banned from making Vs. threads.

Rogue Jedi
Actually, what you said was that

while

So, you didn't even say he has to pull the trigger...no...in your scenario...HE ALREADY DID!!!

Way to go making a fair and balanced thread, clown. I have already explained this in vivid detail. I elaborated that Han will LIKELY see him first.

So maybe the opening post wasn't exactly done right, I went back and stated, in great detail, numerous times, what was likely to happen. What say we move past this?

dadudemon
RJ, If we go by just the movies, I am pretty sure Han gets the drop and wins the fight. The comic book version of Cyke would probably win.

But wouldn't his wife be with him?

Rogue Jedi
RJ, If we go by just the movies, I am pretty sure Han gets the drop and wins the fight. The comic book version of Cyke would probably win.

But wouldn't his wife be with him? It's been firmly established that bringing the comics/novelizations/anything not in the movies leaves far too much room for discrepancy.

And in this scenario, Jean is dead.

Scythe
I have already explained this in vivid detail. I elaborated that Han will LIKELY see him first.

So maybe the opening post wasn't exactly done right, I went back and stated, in great detail, numerous times, what was likely to happen. What say we move past this?

Geez, you shouldn't go back and correct anything, you honestly don't know how to start a Vs. thread, it's okay, no shame in that, however you just f*cked the thread. It's completly wacky now because you have two things going on, one that LIKELY would happen LIKELY wouldn't, and like, who's to judge? This fight will never happen, so it'll come down to a very uninteresting "his word against his word" argument. Great job btw.

Rogue Jedi
Geez, you shouldn't go back and correct anything, you honestly don't know how to start a Vs. thread, it's okay, no shame in that, however you just f*cked the thread. It's completly wacky now because you have to things going on, one that LIKELY would happen LIKELY wouldn't, and like, who's to judge? This fight will never happen, so it'll come down to a very uninteresting "his word against his word" argument. Great job btw. Whatever you say, man big grin

dadudemon
Geez, you shouldn't go back and correct anything, you honestly don't know how to start a Vs. thread, it's okay, no shame in that, however you just f*cked the thread. It's completly wacky now because you have to things going on, one that LIKELY would happen LIKELY wouldn't, and like, who's to judge? This fight will never happen, so it'll come down to a very uninteresting "his word against his word" argument. Great job btw.

1. You sig...damn. droolio

2. Isn't that the whole point of these vs. debates? We each justify, with as much fact as possible, why the person we believe would win, wins. Granted, some justify their positions better than others.

Bardock42

2. Isn't that the whole point of these vs. debates? We each justify, with as much fact as possible, why the person we believe would win, wins. Granted, some justify their positions better than others.

Yes, what RJ does though in his thread is adjust the scenario in a way that is not fair and strongly or even absolutely favours one combatant over the other.

Dark-Jaxx
Wait, what? Scott can mentally use his visor?

That's news to me. If he can, he wins.

Scythe

Yes, that is correct, but given the fact that, well.... Bardock explained it well...

Yes, what RJ does though in his thread is adjust the scenario in a way that is not fair and strongly or even absolutely favours one combatant over the other.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>