Benjamin Martin (The Patriot) versus William Wallace (Braveheart)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
William Wallace, armed with a sword and a battle axe, versus Benjamin Martin, armed with his twin tomahwaks and an empty rifle with a bayonet attached.

Both are on horseback, facing each other 100 yards away. Both believe that the other had something to do with the deaths of their respected loved ones.

The battle takes place in an open field in broad daylight.

Bardock42
Wallace

Rogue Jedi
Elaborate why?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Elaborate why? Better trained in close combat and stronger. Also better weapons.

Röland
Wallace.
Originally posted by Bardock42
Better trained in close combat and stronger. Also better weapons.

Rogue Jedi
Better trained in close combat and stronger. Also better weapons. Hmm......Up close, like toe to toe, I would think Martin has the advantage with the tomahawks.

Röland
Hmm......Up close, like toe to toe, I would think Martin has the advantage with the tomahawks.
Why is that?

Wallace fought during a time when melee combat was the only means to fight. So wouldn't Wallace have the advantage over Martin?

Snafu the Great
The South Park version of Mel Gibson comes running across the arena screaming, "K'plagh! K'plagh!"

While Martin and Wallace are distracted, Martin Riggs lambastes them with a bazooka.

Riggs FTW

Rogue Jedi

Bardock42
I guess we should factor in a possible throwing of the Tomahawks.

Overall I'd still say Wallace.

Except that Martin has Patriotism on his side...and as we all know the US can't lose. God bless America.

Röland
Just saying that Martin was no slouch, and that when they are right there in each others faces, the tomahawks would seem the more ideal weapon.
Martin was no slouch, but Wallace did use a variation of an axe/sickle weapon along with his broadsword, so he also had a tomahawk type weapon.

The tomahawks would be more ideal yes, but I see Wallace having the edge because the only means of combat for him was melee, so he would be more skilled.

Rogue Jedi
One has to remember that Martin has training, and that Wallace was fighting on pure rage.

Bardock42
One has to remember that Martin has training, and that Wallace was fighting on pure rage.

W-what movie were you watching?

Rogue Jedi
W-what movie were you watching? Was there a scene where Wallace obtained military oriented training? I forget.

Bardock42
Was there a scene where Wallace obtained military oriented training? I forget.

I think there is one where he comes back after being trained by that Uncle guy (I thought that included military training)

Röland
Was there a scene where Wallace obtained military oriented training? I forget.
There was no scene but Braveheart was set in a time where men were brought up as warriors and fighters.

Röland
I think there is one where he comes back after being trained by that Uncle guy (I thought that included military training)
Yes, correct, his Uncle did train him and his Uncle looked pretty battle hardened.

Rogue Jedi
Hmm....good point.

Who do you think has the advantage when it comes to who fights with more rage?

Bardock42
Hmm....good point.

Probably Martin. Shouldn't matter overall though.

Röland
Hmm....good point.

Both are pretty equal in my eyes.

Rogue Jedi
Probably Martin. Shouldn't matter overall though. It might be what gives him the edge, you know.

Röland
It might be what gives him the edge, you know.
True, but Wallace isn't exactly calm during battle either.

Utrigita
The tomahawks can from my point of view, be both a help and a obstical, he can throw them against Wallace, which I don't know if Wallace will have the reaction time to reach against. The bad side is that his range with the Tomahawks is limited in comparison to Wallace with his twohanded broadsword if he chooses to engage him in melee with them.

Rogue Jedi
Good point, and NO Wallace wouldnt be able to dodge not with the power and accuracy Martin throws them.

Bardock42
It might be what gives him the edge, you know.

That's why I said I think it shouldn't

Rogue Jedi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.