Aaron Eckhart

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Da Joker
Phenomenal actor, I saw him in both The Core and The Dark Knight & he is just a great actor. He's able to deliver and bring his A-game. I'd love to see him in another Batman and I'll for sure be checking out more of his movies in the future.

http://upload.moldova.org/movie/actors/a/aaron_eckhart/thumbnails/tn2_aaron_eckhart_3.jpg

http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/harveydent1.thumbnail.jpg

http://hotmormons.net/images/Men/Aaron%20Eckhart.jpg

cool

BackFire
He's good, but I wouldn't list "The Core" as something with any particularly memorable acting in it.

He's good in 'Thank You For Smoking' though.

Da Joker
I actually thought he was the only good actor in the Core. Heck, the only reason I even saw the movie was because I saw it in school. Still, I thought Eckhart was the only good actor in that entire movie.

jaden101
hahaha...i never thought i'd see the day when the words "phenomenal actor" were attributed to Aaron Eckhart

Morning_Glory
saw Meet Bill last night... it was entertaining...

that's all.

Da Joker
Originally posted by jaden101
hahaha...i never thought i'd see the day when the words "phenomenal actor" were attributed to Aaron Eckhart

Why? You don't like his work? He is a truly fantastic actor.

Robtard
You saw him in two movies, one being a shit flick/role, the other being a good flick/role. Yet he's a "truly fantastic actor"? I sense more TDK fanaticism here.

As BF mentioned, watch 'Thank You For Smoking", great movie and he does a fantastic job in that.

Robtard

I fear that to some people, a peanut laden turd would become great if it was somehow associated with TDK.

jaden101
Originally posted by Da Joker
Why? You don't like his work? He is a truly fantastic actor.

haha...yeah...the wickerman remake, the black dahlia and paycheck are grade A oscar worthy films and he has such prominant parts in them

BruceSkywalker
Excellent actor. I've seen most of his movies. Look forward to seeing him in the next Batman movie

Robtard
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Excellent actor. I've seen most of his movies. Look forward to seeing him in the next Batman movie

He died in TDK, hence the eulogy by Gordon at the end.

Da Joker
Nah, he aint dead.

Röland
Originally posted by Robtard
I saw that as a eulogy to Harvey Dent, seeing as how he was Gotham's "White Knight". I felt that they didn't want the city to know what he had become.

I think Two-Face didn't die, but I don't think he will be in the next film if there is one, considering that Batman is on the run. Two-Face just wouldn't fit into the storyline, IMO. I don't want to turn this into a TDK thread, so I'll stop there.

I thought Eckhart was good in "TDK" and I thought he did superb in "Thank You for Smoking". Apart from those two roles, he's really been a minor role actor though.

Da Joker
He was a major character in the Core as well. And I think he's signed on for another Batman movie but I'm not sure.

Röland
He was a major character in the Core as well. And I think he's signed on for another Batman movie but I'm not sure.
But The Core was a terrible movie.

Da Joker
Yeah, it really was, but he was still good in it. Everyone else was pretty much borderline horrible.

Röland
Yeah, it really was, but he was still good in it.
I don't think any of the actors in that movie were good.

Da Joker
To each his own, bud.

botankus
After suffering through the atrociouis, unbelievable, overacting in "Neverwas," I was through with this dude.

But in his defense, it didn't help that he was handed one of the top 10 worst scripts in Hollywood history.

chillmeistergen
Saw him in Meet Bill - shit. He isn't a good actor at all, he never has been, never will be.

BruceSkywalker

Actually he did not die. He is alive

chillmeistergen
That's right Bruce, you batter their arguments with evidence.

Da Joker
It's been left ambigious so he can return if they want him to. That's why they never definiively said he was dead.

Robtard
While he may come back, as any silly notion can be written into a script. He appeared dead after the fall, Batman spoke of him as he had died and the eulogy by Gordon at the end all support he died.

Edit:
Also remember his "you either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain" line? He became the villain, I take it that Batman willfully took the blame so Harvey could be buried the "hero". This is just speculation though.

Da Joker
They talked about Harvey dying, but didn't mention the monster he had became. Gordon could have just as well had him put in Arkham and kept it underwraps. We'll have to see what Nolan has to say about it.

Robtard
Obviously, but the evidence at hand supports a death.

We're turning this into a TDK discussion, so that Eckhart, he's only really had one impressive role, "Thank You For Smoking". I'm not ready to accept a "great actor" status on him because of that.

Da Joker
Well, all we can say is they left room for interpretation.

I'd like to see Eckhart tackle more big roles. He was fantastic as Harvey Dent...so if he returned we'd get to see just how well he could really handled being a villain for a two hour movie.

I wonder how he'd do as Captain America....

Robtard
What was so "fantastic" in his adaption of Harvey Dent? It was good, but many an actor could have done that role the same. Jeremy Piven comes to mind, he would have done a better Dent, imo.

Horribly, don't see him as the super-soldier/superhero type at all.

jaden101

I wonder how he'd do as Captain America....

are they not lining John Barrowman up for that role...that will be solid gold....a Glasgow born gay man as Captain America.... laughing

Da Joker
Ugh, that'd suck. I'd like to see how Eckhart would take on the role.

jaden101
i get the feeling you'd like Eckhart in every role in every film from now on....it probably would've been Heath Ledger but you know...being dead killed that idea for you

Robtard
Bale does a superb Batman and Barrowman certainly has the superhero ass-chin for it, so why not.

Though it really isn't fair, if the studios cast an American as 007, there would be a bloodcry.

Da Joker
i get the feeling you'd like Eckhart in every role in every film from now on....it probably would've been Heath Ledger but you know...being dead killed that idea for you

Was that really necessary? Eckhart is one of my picks for Captain America, as is Thomas Jane and many others. I said I'd like to see him in every role, I never said anything about he could do well in every movie. The Heath Ledger comment was totally inappropriate, show some respect and show that you have some sort of decency.

Robtard
How was it? Saying "Heath Ledger is dead" is just a fact, as he's dead.

He does have a point about you and Eckhart though, you've seen him in a total of two films, the first was a shit role/movie the second was good, yet he's "fantastic"? Just doesn't add up to being sensible, but merely Bat-mania.

BruceSkywalker
It's been left ambigious so he can return if they want him to. That's why they never definiively said he was dead.

Not just that. Remember when the hospital blew up, Two Face survived that. 2nd. Remember when Two Face shot Maroni's driver and the limof lipped over HE SURVIVED THAT, SO just because Two Face falls he is dead. I really do not think so. Also it is a well known fact that Chris Nolan has said that Two Face is the villain for the next film. Unless somehow he changes his mind, which he probably will not do..

jaden101
Was that really necessary? Eckhart is one of my picks for Captain America, as is Thomas Jane and many others. I said I'd like to see him in every role, I never said anything about he could do well in every movie. The Heath Ledger comment was totally inappropriate, show some respect and show that you have some sort of decency.

none of what i said was as inappropriate as saying Aaron Eckhart is a "phenomenal actor"

so from that it can be deduced that you would think he would do well in every role

he's a B list actor at best...to call him phenomenal is putting him in the same league as deniro, pacino, nicholson, olivier, guinness etc...he's not...face facts...he's just not anywhere near as good...and he never will be

and respect is earned...i have non for Heath Ledger as an actor so i'll say what i like...whether it's offensive or not...the fact is, regarding him, is that if he was still alive, people wouldn't be creaming themselves over his performance like they are...it was good...it wasn't oscar worthy as is being touted.

but you are right...Barrowman wouldn't make a good CA...but he's a better actor than Eckhart

Robtard
Not just that. Remember when the hospital blew up, Two Face survived that. 2nd. Remember when Two Face shot Maroni's driver and the limof lipped over HE SURVIVED THAT, SO just because Two Face falls he is dead. I really do not think so. Also it is a well known fact that Chris Nolan has said that Two Face is the villain for the next film. Unless somehow he changes his mind, which he probably will not do..

Okay...

1) It's implied that the hospital was empty before the Joker blew it, I'm also pretty certain you see him on the bus right as the Joker jumps in.

2) He put on his seat belt right before he said "you're lucky, let's see if he (the driver) is".

3) Were has Nolan said this?

Bardock42

Thomas Jane? that would be funny.

Da Joker
Nolan was saying Two-Face would be in the third movie a long time ago before Two-Face was actually set to be in TDK. I guess it was going to be set up where he'd be Two-Face by the very end so he'd be the main villain in the third movie, but that was changed.

And jaden, I don't care if you like Ledger as an actor or not, there's no reason to talk about the man since he's dead. It's borderline disrespectful.

Dammit, he's from Scotland!

Bardock42
Nolan was saying Two-Face would be in the third movie a long time ago before Two-Face was actually set to be in TDK. I guess it was going to be set up where he'd be Two-Face by the very end so he'd be the main villain in the third movie, but that was changed.

And jaden, I don't care if you like Ledger as an actor or not, there's no reason to talk about the man since he's dead. It's borderline disrespectful.

Are you crazy?

Why can't he state his opinion of an actor who died?

Da Joker
I don't mind if he thinks he was a horrible actor, but I mean dissrespecting him in general, even with him being dead, is wrong.

Bardock42
I don't mind if he thinks he was a horrible actor, but I mean dissrespecting him in general, even with him being dead, is wrong. What is disrespecting him then?

Da Joker
You know what disrespecting him would be, don't play stupid.

In any case, this is Aaron Eckhart's thread.

Bardock42
You know what disrespecting him would be, don't play stupid.

In any case, this is Aaron Eckhart's thread.

I know what it would be. You are accusing someone of it though, and I don't see it happening as such. He's not disrespecting him as person or in general, he just doesn't show respect for his skill, as he thinks that he doesn't have that much.

Da Joker
I understand that, but he himself states that he'd basically say anything bad about Heath if he wanted to because he can, which is wrong.

chillmeistergen
In your opinion.

Da Joker
Shut up.

chillmeistergen
Well, that was pretty unnecessary. I have half a mind to report you.

Da Joker
Then I guess you'd need the other half to report me. big grin

Anyway, this is Eckhart's thread, Ledger hs one right below this one.

chillmeistergen
I'm fully aware of that.

I've commented on Eckhart, but I'll do it again: he shows no real promise of being a great actor at all, he is distinctly average, always has been, always will be.

Da Joker
When I see you in a movie that's made over $400 million worldwide, then talk about him not being a great actor.

Has he been announced for any new movies yet?

chillmeistergen
You judge the quality of acting by how much the movie makes? Oh dear.

Da Joker
No, but I'm saying I want to see you in a movie with as much praise. A lot of people believe he was spectacular as Dent, and think he should return, and some have even went to see the movie again because of him. SM-3 made $890 million worldwide and it's not close to being the best superhero movie ever.

chillmeistergen
No, but I'm saying I want to see you in a movie with as much praise. A lot of people believe he was spectacular as Dent, and think he should return, and some have even went to see the movie again because of him. SM-3 made $890 million worldwide and it's not close to being the best superhero movie ever.

Why would you want to see me in a movie with as much praise, you odd, odd person? Does that somehow affect the validity of my opinion? Of course it doesn't.

Robtard

You've pulled this tactic on me also. What does Chilly not being an actor have any bearing with his opinion of Eckhart being an average actor?

You've admittedly seen him in two movies, yet he is "fantastic". The Core which was shit all around, you can apply your "it made X amount of dollars" logic there to see that it was, and TDK, which was a decent role, but many an actor could have done it just as good or better. It's clear you're only saying this because of the current lemming-like bat-mania that is going on right now.

jaden101

there's no reason to speak about him because he's dead?...that's why there is 22 replies in the last 4 pages of the heath ledger threat just from you?....

Dammit...you're black...see...that's also completely irrelevant

Robtard
Edit.

jaden101
When I see you in a movie that's made over $400 million worldwide, then talk about him not being a great actor.

Has he been announced for any new movies yet?

hahaha...what kind of foolish logic is that?...i was an extra in titanic....that took $600,000,000 and is still the highest grossing movie of all time

so is my opinion valid because i've been in a massive grossing film now?

no it didn't...stop lying...it made $337,000,000....it simply had the highest opening weekend...at the time.

Robtard
Not to go off-topic, but which scene where you an extra in? Was it when Leo takes her down to the bilge party?

Da Joker
hahaha...what kind of foolish logic is that?...i was an extra in titanic....that took $600,000,000 and is still the highest grossing movie of all time

so is my opinion valid because i've been in a massive grossing film now?

no it didn't...stop lying...it made $337,000,000....it simply had the highest opening weekend...at the time.

You idiot SM-3 made $890 million worldwide. It's on boxofficemojo you idiot.

And that whole I was an extra in Titanic is obviously a lie. I find it odd you'd pick the highest grossing movie of all time to lie about you being an extra. laughing

Robtard
And Spider-man 3 was shit, see why you shouldn't judge a movie/acting by the movie it makes?

jaden101
You idiot SM-3 made $890 million worldwide. It's on boxofficemojo you idiot.

And that whole I was an extra in Titanic is obviously a lie. I find it odd you'd pick the highest grossing movie of all time to lie about you being an extra. laughing

funny...but i dont see no 890 million mentioned anywhere

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=2308&p=.htm

but this source says you're an idiot

http://www.movieweb.com/movies/boxoffice/alltime.php

Da Joker
And Spider-man 3 was shit, see why you shouldn't judge a movie/acting by the movie it makes?

By the movie it makes? confused I think you mean money. Anyway, I never said the amount of money effects the quality. All I was saying is I'd like to see him in a movie with that much praise and that much of a box office. The praise is what's getting people to go see it more & more. wink

Da Joker
And jaden, it says $890 for the worldwide gross, are you retarded?

Spider-Man 3 = $890,871,626

jaden101
way to miss the point by a royal mile sherlock...

Robtard
By the movie it makes? confused I think you mean money. Anyway, I never said the amount of money effects the quality. All I was saying is I'd like to see him in a movie with that much praise and that much of a box office. The praise is what's getting people to go see it more & more. wink

Obviously, it was an error.

If it doesn't affect the quality, why bring up that stupid remark? Chill isn't an actor, ergo, he wouldn't be in a movie that made a $999 million or a movie that lost money.

Jaden's point, are all the actors in a movie worthy of praise because the movie did well? The Hispanic female cop in TDK, her role was nothing special. Should we make a thread about her because she's in a current blockbuster?

jaden101

Jaden's point, are all the actors in a movie worthy of praise because the movie did well? The Hispanic female cop in TDK, her role was nothing special. Should we make a thread about her because she's in a current blockbuster?

it's good to know there are sensible people in the world...

Da Joker
I am sensible, and Eckhart is getting a lot of praise for his role. That's MY point.

jaden101
I am sensible, and Eckhart is getting a lot of praise for his role. That's MY point.

yes he is...by fanboys like you....doesn't mean he isn't a distinctly average actor though

Robtard

Which is completely unfounded. He did a decent role that could have been done to an equal or greater level by many an actor (eg Jeremy Piven), so it stands to reason that this "praise" is nothing more than a side-effect of the Bat-mania.

Ben Kingsley received praise for his role as Ghandi, why? Because it was done well and not many an actor could have done it.

Da Joker
If ya say so.

Moving on, I'd like to see Eckhart as Cap, it'd be interesting to see.

jaden101
If ya say so.

and i'd still prefer to see Barrowman

Robtard
If ya say so.

I did.

He doesn't look the part and more importantly, he hasn't done anything to indicate that he'd be good at playing the 'all American super-soldier'.

chillmeistergen
Oh god, this is hilarious. On one had we have anyone with any sense or logic saying "he's an average actor, nothing more", then we have the Da Joker saying "no, he isn't, because he's been in a really high grossing movie".

Are you that much of an idiot, Joker?

Quiero Mota
He did a decent role that could have been done to an equal or greater level by many an actor

Like Tommy Lee Jones??

Da Joker
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Oh god, this is hilarious. On one had we have anyone with any sense or logic saying "he's an average actor, nothing more", then we have the Da Joker saying "no, he isn't, because he's been in a really high grossing movie".

Are you that much of an idiot, Joker?

I never said he was a great actor because he's been in a high grossing movie, so you're an idiot for not reading the entire statement.

You guys are funny. smile

Röland
Jacope and RJ hybrid?

Captain REX
Play nice, fellas.

I thought Eckhart did well in his role as Dent. No complaints from me.

jaden101
we always play nice...and some of us play smart too

Robtard
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Like Tommy Lee Jones??

Batman Forever was written horribly throughout, it was a pure-shit movie. If he had been in this movie, with this "more serious" script, he could have done at least an equal job, with a high chance of it being better, as he's the better actor.

Robtard

Da Joker
we always play nice...and some of us play smart too

It's just too bad you're not one of the ones who play smart. sad

jaden101
It's just too bad you're not one of the ones who play smart. sad

haha...that's funny...you're funny

Bardock42
Tommy Lee Jones did an excellent job for what he was hired to do.

Sadly that was to play the worst Two Face imaginable and ruin as much of the Batman franchise as possible.

On a different note, really liked him in Thank You For Smoking, good flick that.

Quiero Mota
Batman Forever was written horribly throughout, it was a pure-shit movie. If he had been in this movie, with this "more serious" script, he could have done at least an equal job, with a high chance of it being better, as he's the better actor.

Originally posted by Bardock42

Sadly that was to play the worst Two Face imaginable and ruin as much of the Batman franchise as possible.

Ruin the franchise? All of the Batman movies are cartoonish and hard for me to take seriously. Whether its the Penguin, Riddler or either Joker, their attempts be serious make me laugh. But I do think that Eckhart was the better Two-Face.

Bardock42
Ruin the franchise? All of the Batman movies are cartoonish and hard for me to take seriously. Whether its the Penguin, Riddler or either Joker, their attempts be serious make me laugh. But I do think that Eckhart was the better Two-Face.
I haven't seen Dark Knight, but the previews of the Joker I have seen were hardly cartoonish.

And I think it is undeniable that Forever at least marked the start of the ruin of the franchise. Being cartoonish is not a problem, being absolutely ridiculous and stupid (and also out of character) is one.

Quiero Mota
How was Batman Forever any stupider than the first two?

=Tired Hiker=
Eckhart was the bomb in that uh cigarette movie yo.

Bardock42
How was Batman Forever any stupider than the first two?

Good question, oh right it had a ridiculous Joker wannabe as Two Face...Jim Carrey as a very flashy Riddler (who also wanted to be the Joker), a very undark and horribly miscast Batman, a plot that could make you wish you would have choked on your vomit when you first heard it.

Oh yeah..and Robin. Not like in the comics ... an actually gay Robin.

God that movie was bad.

=Tired Hiker=
I actually think Val Kilmer was the best Bruce Wayne out of all the Batmans, even Bale.

Bardock42
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I actually think Val Kilmer was the best Bruce Wayne out of all the Batmans, even Bale.

Odd. He wasn't the worst at least. I guess we might have different wishes in Batman movies though.

Quiero Mota
As if there's a straight Robin?

chillmeistergen
I never said he was a great actor because he's been in a high grossing movie, so you're an idiot for not reading the entire statement.

You guys are funny. smile

Oh that's right, you said I had to be in an equally high grossing film to judge his capabilities. Do I have to point out why that is stupid?

Bardock42
As if there's a straight Robin?

Touche.

I actually like Drake as robin.

Quiero Mota
Call me narrow-minded, but I really can't image a guy in tights who is called "Boy wonder", straight.

He's Batman's bottom.

Bardock42
Call me narrow-minded, but I really can't image a guy in tights who is called "Boy wonder", straight.

He's Batman's bottom.

Well, I can imagine it. Not to hard really.

Still the concept as a whole is pretty dodgy.

Da Joker
Eckhart needs to be in Batman 3...his Two-Face deserves to return.

Bardock42
Eckhart needs to be in Batman 3...his Two-Face deserves to return.

I'm always of the opinion that Batman villains shouldn't die by default at the end of the movie.

Neo Darkhalen
I hope he does return in another batman film, he really sold me as Dent/Two-face.

chillmeistergen
I thought his acting in TDK left a lot to be desired. Have you people been watching the same film that I watched?

Da Joker
I'm always of the opinion that Batman villains shouldn't die by default at the end of the movie.

It annoys me that major villains almost always die in comic book movies. Recently, the Incredible Hulk & TDK were the only movies that let the villain live.

Toku King
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=

I thought that as well.

Da Joker
This isn't a Kilmer is better than Bale discussion thread, mmkay? Please take it somewhere else. This thread is for Eckhart.

J.P Jaeh_Poole
I like his Two-Face version.

chilling.

Da Joker
The look was pretty amazing, favorite version of him in the media yet.

http://www.rotheblog.com/images/movies/d_movies/twoface_aaroneckhart.jpg

Toku King
This isn't a Kilmer is better than Bale discussion thread, mmkay? Please take it somewhere else. This thread is for Eckhart.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Toku King

Yeah, but other than his origin story, there's not much more to do with Two Face, so killing him off is the best idea.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Toku King
Yeah, but other than his origin story, there's not much more to do with Two Face, so killing him off is the best idea.

Why is that?

Toku King
Why is that?

Dunno. I just never found Dent/Two Face to really important or threatening after his whole origin and first vengeance stories. And since it has finally been done, why not shoot for an enemy with a more long lasting effect story wise?

Bardock42
Dunno. I just never found Dent/Two Face to really important or threatening after his whole origin and first vengeance stories. And since it has finally been done, why not shoot for an enemy with a more long lasting effect story wise?

You mean in the comics?

Robtard

He serves as a minder that Batman can fail. Personally, I don't care for the character much either; I hope he isn't a part of #3.

Da Joker
I always felt that Two-Face could be Joker level, but none of Batman's villains get as much showtime as the Joker. I warmly welcome a return from him in part 3.

Robtard
I always felt that Two-Face could be Joker level, but none of Batman's villains get as much showtime as the Joker. I warmly welcome a return from him in part 3.

Archenemy, archfoe, archnemesis. Pick your flavor and that's why.

Da Joker
I know, and the Joker is my favorite villain of all time...but I would still like to see a little more of other villains.

Robtard
I know, and the Joker is my favorite villain of all time...but I would still like to see a little more of other villains.

If you're talking about the movies, then Batman Returns, Batman Forever and Batman & Robin are perfect older examples of non-Joker villains. As is Batman Begins and the next installment of this franchise will/should be as well.

Da Joker
No, no, I kind of mean cartoon wise and comics wise (in a way). Cartoon wise he never even appeared in 'The Batman' and only had a small amount of episodes in B:TAS as opposed to the people like the Joker and Rupert Thorne who had tons of episodes.

Toku King
No, no, I kind of mean cartoon wise and comics wise (in a way). Cartoon wise he never even appeared in 'The Batman' and only had a small amount of episodes in B:TAS as opposed to the people like the Joker and Rupert Thorne who had tons of episodes.

I thought you said to 'stay on topic'. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Toku King
He serves as a minder that Batman can fail.

What do you mean?

Da Joker
Such an annoying troll....

He means that Dent was basically doing the same as him by cleaning up the streets, but he turned into a villain. Batman was helpless to save him.

Toku King
Such an annoying troll....

What you just said was trolling, not my question.

Da Joker
How would you guys rate Eckhart's performance on a scale of 1-10?

I'd give him an 8.2 which rounds down to a solid 8/10.

BruceSkywalker
I would have to give Aaron Eckhart a solid 8.8/10. He was good. Way better than Tommy lee Jones. I look forward to an even better performance during Batman 3

Da Joker
Yep, if he returns. Now all we need is for Nolan to officially announce it.

chillmeistergen

Toku King
How would you guys rate Eckhart's performance on a scale of 1-10?

10/10. He was the best Harvey Dent in the media to date and the second best Two Face, imo.

Da Joker
I would have to give Aaron Eckhart a solid 8.8/10. He was good. Way better than Tommy lee Jones. I look forward to an even better performance during Batman 3

Have you heard any news about him returning?

BruceSkywalker
Have you heard any news about him returning?

Nothing yet, but I'm sure something will come out prolly next year or so. You know WB won't say anything yet until suits them

Da Joker
They'll be milking the crap out of Batman now with TDK's success. It's such a phenomenon that a company like WB can't help but milk it's success.

Almighty Bauer
Also it is a well known fact that Chris Nolan has said that Two Face is the villain for the next film. Unless somehow he changes his mind, which he probably will not do.. Is that so? Really? Is that why the Batman forum appears to be alive with speculation about who will be the villain for Batman 3 (and generally people think the Riddler) and Chris Nolan keeps insisting that he hasn't even thought about a sequel yet? Hell, even David S Goyer, who admitted he and Nolan had talked and had a villain in mind, wouldn't say who it was. Please, try to avoid talking total bullshit when people may actually know you're doing so...

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Almighty Bauer
Is that so? Really? Is that why the Batman forum appears to be alive with speculation about who will be the villain for Batman 3 (and generally people think the Riddler) and Chris Nolan keeps insisting that he hasn't even thought about a sequel yet? Hell, even David S Goyer, who admitted he and Nolan had talked and had a villain in mind, wouldn't say who it was. Please, try to avoid talking total bullshit when people may actually know you're doing so...

Listen, I go to the Batman forum everyday. Furthermore I am giving my opinion, just like you and everyone else. If you think what I'm saying is total shiite then that is your opinion which I have no problem with. Furthermore stop trying to bait me into an argument in which a Moderator will come in and warn you because I , my friend refuse to get involved with people who think that only their opinion counts and matters. You really need to take some time and realize that every poster has their opinion and has the right to give it. I never have a problem not liking what others have to say, and you do not see me getting in frivolous ignorant arguments with other posters

Morning_Glory
http://your-hero.com/win/p03.jpg

Impediment
Is that so? Really? Is that why the Batman forum appears to be alive with speculation about who will be the villain for Batman 3 (and generally people think the Riddler) and Chris Nolan keeps insisting that he hasn't even thought about a sequel yet? Hell, even David S Goyer, who admitted he and Nolan had talked and had a villain in mind, wouldn't say who it was. Please, try to avoid talking total bullshit when people may actually know you're doing so...

How about this, Almighty Bauer: You keep your pompous ass tone in check and try talking civilly to other members. There is no need for that kind of rudeness in my forum.

Neo Darkhalen
I liked Eckhart i think he did a marvellous job as Dent/Two-Face he was my favorite actor in TDK next only to Heath Ledger as the Joker.

jaden101
Originally posted by Impediment
How about this, Almighty Bauer: You keep your pompous ass tone in check and try talking civilly to other members. There is no need for that kind of rudeness in my forum.

aahhh...your irony-o-meter never ceases to make me smile boss

Impediment
aahhh...your irony-o-meter never ceases to make me smile boss

Define. Please. I can't wait to hear.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
I liked Eckhart i think he did a marvellous job as Dent/Two-Face he was my favorite actor in TDK next only to Heath Ledger as the Joker. I can agree with that. I got giddy like a schoolgirl when he shouted,"It's about what's fair!!!"

Was gangsther.

Da Joker
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
I liked Eckhart i think he did a marvellous job as Dent/Two-Face he was my favorite actor in TDK next only to Heath Ledger as the Joker.

I thought everyone was at the top of their game, but Eckhart and Ledger fell into their roles. More Two-Face would be awesome for the next movie.

Almighty Bauer
10/10. He was the best Harvey Dent in the media to date and the second best Two Face, imo. The second best Two Face? After Tommy Lee Jones??? And the only actor who simply played Dent in the franchise was bloody Lando Calrissian. He wasn't going to offer much of a challenge, was he?

Almighty Bauer
Listen, I go to the Batman forum everyday. Furthermore I am giving my opinion, just like you and everyone else. If you think what I'm saying is total shiite then that is your opinion which I have no problem with. Furthermore stop trying to bait me into an argument in which a Moderator will come in and warn you because I , my friend refuse to get involved with people who think that only their opinion counts and matters. You really need to take some time and realize that every poster has their opinion and has the right to give it. I never have a problem not liking what others have to say, and you do not see me getting in frivolous ignorant arguments with other posters
I wasn't objecting to your opinion. I was objecting to what I'm fairly certain is a lie, or at least a disturbing misconception. You stated that Chris Nolan had said Two Face would (as in, it is FACT) return in Batman 3. That isn't your opinion. That's a lie.

Impediment
I wasn't objecting to your opinion. I was objecting to what I'm fairly certain is a lie, or at least a disturbing misconception. You stated that Chris Nolan had said Two Face would (as in, it is FACT) return in Batman 3. That isn't your opinion. That's a lie.

As is yours. It's your opinion that Bruce's comment is a lie. The truth is that neither of you are correct. It is merely speculation at this point.

BruceSkywalker
As is yours. It's your opinion that Bruce's comment is a lie. The truth is that neither of you are correct. It is merely speculation at this point.

Thanks Matt, I was going to say that

Dark-Jaxx
As is yours. It's your opinion that Bruce's comment is a lie. The truth is that neither of you are correct. It is merely speculation at this point. If Bruce said that the creators confirmed the next villain would be Two Face...Well you would be wrong then. Cause they clearly said they don't know.

Impediment
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
If Bruce said that the creators confirmed the next villain would be Two Face...Well you would be wrong then. Cause they clearly said they don't know.

Prove it. I'll personally mail you $20 if I'm wrong.

Robtard
Stating something as fact when it is indeed not true is a lie; not an opinion.

"Bale said he'd only do Batman 3 if he gets to wear an ass-less bat-suit." = Lie

"I think Bale should insist on wearing an ass-less bat-suit for part 3." = Opinion

See?

Dark-Jaxx
http://www.movieweb.com/news/18/29618.php

Here we clearly see Goldman allude that Riddler is the most likely choice for a villain, and Nolan said that he just doesn't know anything about the Batman franchise's future.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/lie

3. an inaccurate or false statement.

I'll take that 20$ now.

Toku King
The second best Two Face? After Tommy Lee Jones??? And the only actor who simply played Dent in the franchise was bloody Lando Calrissian. He wasn't going to offer much of a challenge, was he?

I meant second to BTAS Two Face.

Impediment
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
http://www.movieweb.com/news/18/29618.php

Here we clearly see Goldman allude that Riddler is the most likely choice for a villain, and Nolan said that he just doesn't know anything about the Batman franchise's future.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/lie

3. an inaccurate or false statement.

I'll take that 20$ now.

I'll send you an IOU. yes

See? I admitted that I was wrong. awesome

Dark-Jaxx
I'll send you an IOU. yes

See? I admitted that I was wrong. awesome Yay for maturity! awesome

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.