3rd Film

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Charlie8
Will it be as good? The likely answer to that question is probably no. Lets be honest, no one could portray the Joker like Heath and I am a serious fan of Batman, it just isn't possible. And The Joker is the best villain for any batman film, The Dark Knight was, in my opinion, the best film I have ever seen and the character of the Joker and the acting of Heath Ledger made a big difference to that belief. On the other hand, if the film isn't gonna be better, whats to say it still can't be an awesome movie?

Lets look at the possibilities, if the Joker isn't replaced, there's a huge list. For one, we have the whole government and police force after Batman which in itself will be interesting, seeing Gordon trying to put an innocent guy down. Then we have what I feel would be a great villain in Black Face, another mob guy who not only fits the type of being s crewed up villain (Jokers quote that Batman has Changed things) but could also have a real good look to him with the level of prosthetics available. He could probably take over what the Joker has left (perhaps the joker has disappeared?) and be a strong villain.

Then there's the possibility of a love interest in Talia al Ghul, who will also allow a connection with the past films and continue the legacy of the league of shadows, trying to destroy Batman and Gotham (Batman stopping this would allow a chance for himself to get back in the good books of Gotham). With Bruce Wayne though, Talia could provide an interesting love interest that would bring a much deeper level to the film, (particularly if Bruce decides to tell Talia he is Batman, very interesting).

Then there's a huge list of possible cameos, scarecrow, mad hatter etc. For those who think Two-face should return, I think all that has been done with the guy has been done. Personally, I feel anything beyond the Dark Knight will be familiar territory and it would ruin the ending of the Dark Knight (he died and Batman took the blame, it would suck if he took the blame for no reason!). It seems to me there's a wealth of other characters to be explored.

And to finish it off, perhaps, just as Gotham is rising from the ashes, have a little reminder of the joker with some past voice work from Heath reused, and give the audience a nice little cliffhanger with that amazing character making a return, knowing nothing will really come from it but giving us a nice little reminder of his genius.

But then there's also the idea of a focus on Batman, with a range of enemies being used rather than one main, employing perhaps the scarecrow, riddler, mad hatter etc all as one package (strengthening the theme of escalation once again, without the help of Batman).

Whats everyone else's opinion on the 3rd film, what do you want to see from it and what do you reckon, will Nolan stay know Heath has passed away? I certainly hope so.

BruceSkywalker
Already a thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.