Burton's Batman 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bat Dude
Hey everyone, before I get started, I want it to be perfectly clear that I'M NOT ASKING FOR BURTON BATMAN ON SCREEN!!!

Now, as most of you know, Tim Burton did artwork for some Disney short films, so he's a good artist...

Check this one out: I believe it's called "The Hideous Penguin Boy", which was inspiration for Devito's Penguin: http://x93.xanga.com/7eed622126530134327390/m98295210.jpg

He even drew a picture for Batman Returns: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/zDBZz/Batman/batcatpenguin.jpg

Now, I'll get to my point... Burton never got to finish the story he wanted to tell (after Returns, he went to WB with ideas about the third film, but they gave him the boot), but we don't want to cut into Nolan's excellent series (I REFUSE to let Nolan meet the same fate as Burton did), so why not WB and DC compile Batman, Batman Returns, and Burton's Batman 3 into a sort of hardcover story book with illustrations by Burton himself? He might not be interested anymore, but it's worth a shot, right?

Menetnashté
I personally highly disliked Returns, and honestly wouldn't bother with Burton's book if it was made.

SelinaAndBruce
I always lamented the loss of Burton's Batman 3. I would definitely want to see what he had come up with. Even though his stories were not exactly from the comics I really did like the atmosphere in his Batman movies and I also enjoyed some of his interpretations of the characters specifically Catwoman.

Da Joker
Burton could've had an excellent Batman 3, and he could've pulled off a pretty dark Two-Face. Too bad we got the rip-off Joker Tommy Lee Jones version.

SelinaAndBruce
I agree I am glad we got the reboot because The Dark Knight is way better than anything we had before but I really wish Burton could have finished his 3 movies and then Nolan could have gotten to do his thing and we could've just skipped the embarrassing Joel Schumacher years

Da Joker
Yes, we'd all have wanted that. The only reason Batman Forever is even somewhat good is because to my knowledge Burton had some kind of involvement.

SelinaAndBruce
Batman Forever is horrible and Burton had minimal involvement I think they only put his name on it to try to tie the series together but he did very little.

Da Joker
The only enjoyable parts were with Bats....other than that, it was pretty bad, actually. Jones could've did a much darker Two-Face had he been given better material.

Endrict Nuul
Yeah, Keaton and Burton should have kissed and make up to complete the 3 movies together. After all its about the fans!!! we have no interest or the time with movie makers drama, it destroys the movies.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Yeah, Keaton and Burton should have kissed and make up to complete the 3 movies together. After all its about the fans!!! we have no interest or the time with movie makers drama, it destroys the movies.

Burton was down with Batman 3, and Keaton was only gonna do it if Burton was directing... When Burton got the boot, Keaton demanded a lot of money so WB would be forced to not use him...

And about Forever, the only good part of the movie was the Wayne journal sub-plot, which got almost COMPLETELY cut from the movie!

Maybe it's just me, but I really think Burton was gonna do something interesting for his 3rd film (possibly final film) in the series... He seemed to be really interested in the character of Two-Face, which I believe was one of his favorite characters (with Joker and Catwoman)

I don't know, but I'd really like to see what he wanted to do (plus read his first two films with some artwork)... Maybe a letter to DC is in order?

SelinaAndBruce
I was always kind of mad that I never got to see a Burton Two Face. I was so excited because Batman 1989 essentially had a similar set up to this movie, where the Joker was the main villain and Harvey Dent was there with the possibility of becoming Two Face obvious because of his presence. So I was stoked because the Joker and Two Face are my two faves and then to get nothing was kind of sucky.

WrathfulDwarf
Would I like to see Tim Burton working on a Batman project?

The answer is YES!!!!

However!

It must be an animation or a book project. On film...no thank you. His earlier two films were enough.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

The answer is YES!!!!

However!

It must be an animation or a book project. On film...no thank you. His earlier two films were enough.

That's what I'm saying... It doesn't have to be a film... A hardcover book with illustrations by Burton would be great...

Batman
Batman Returns
Batman III

All in one book... How is that not awesome?

Joker1237
Would not mind if its a book, of couse a Burton Bat film would be great. A shame all the actors from Batman and Returns are a little old in the tooth to be recast in there roles.

BruceSkywalker

The answer is YES!!!!

However!

Maybe when they do another Batman : Gotham Knights dvd then Burton can do an episode

SelinaAndBruce
I liked Burton's mood for Batman so I'm certainly up for it

ragesRemorse
Why would i want to read a book written by tim Burton? His talents lie in visual expression, not character development and plot weaving.

Personally, i loathe Burton. I think he is a one trick pony that owes danny elfman half of his money and renown. I do like his Batman interpretations though I wish Burton had done Forever, for sure. I liked Keaton as Batman and still very much do. I appreciate Burtons Batman movie's, even his overly whimsical Batman returns. I think he did a great job at making people take Batman seriously and introducing some of Frank Millers darkness into the movie's. Re-involving Burton into the Batman franchise would hurt the direction it has established.

It took the batman movie's a long time to find the right formula. It was always a constant struggle to find a balance between fan appeal and general movie goers. Christopher Nolan seems to have found this balance in realism. All comic book fans want their movie's to be handled realistically. Singer did it with x-men, Raimi did it with spiderman and Nolan has done it with batman. burton would take us back to a whacky beetlguise-esque world. Yeah, that's just not going to work anymore.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Why would i want to read a book written by tim Burton? His talents lie in visual expression, not character development and plot weaving.

Personally, i loathe Burton. I think he is a one trick pony that owes danny elfman half of his money and renown. I do like his Batman interpretations though I wish Burton had done Forever, for sure. I liked Keaton as Batman and still very much do. I appreciate Burtons Batman movie's, even his overly whimsical Batman returns. I think he did a great job at making people take Batman seriously and introducing some of Frank Millers darkness into the movie's. Re-involving Burton into the Batman franchise would hurt the direction it has established.

It took the batman movie's a long time to find the right formula. It was always a constant struggle to find a balance between fan appeal and general movie goers. Christopher Nolan seems to have found this balance in realism. All comic book fans want their movie's to be handled realistically. Singer did it with x-men, Raimi did it with spiderman and Nolan has done it with batman. burton would take us back to a whacky beetlguise-esque world. Yeah, that's just not going to work anymore.

He can do what he's always done, express his ideas to a writer, and then the writer can write the story, with Burton handling the visual aspect (the illustrations)

And would the "general movie goers" and "realism" really matter? After all, it's not a movie that I'm talking about...

That seems to be something you guys are overlooking... It's almost as if you guys think I want another Burton film, which isn't the case... I'm perfectly fine with Nolan's films, but I really think the Burton fans would like some kind of conclusion to his series, and I think a sort of story book would be the best approach...

ragesRemorse
In that case.

I would rather see a veteran writer that is familiar with batman and the batman fans. Write a novel using Burtons artistic design as influence.

WrathfulDwarf
I'm thinking of an animation project. The perfect story for Burton to pull here would be The Long Halloween.

SelinaAndBruce
I really want some resolution between the Catwoman and Batman story in his universe. It really sucks how they left it open for her to return and we never got anything. I am glad Shumacher never got to touch her but still...

Bat Dude
I'm thinking of an animation project. The perfect story for Burton to pull here would be The Long Halloween.

Long Halloween with Billy Dee Williams... I can see it now:

Two-Face: You guys already know, don't you? There were TWO Colt 45s in my fridge!

Gordon: What?!?

Just kidding of course... But now that you mention it, an animation project would be pretty kool, too...

Mr Parker

The answer is YES!!!!

However!

yeah on film? no thank you.His two films were more than enough.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul

thats what BOTH Scumacher AND Burton did was destroy the Batman comics.Thank god a third was never made by Burton.Wrathful Dwarf said it best.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Mr Parker
thats what BOTH Scumacher AND Burton did was destroy the Batman comics.Thank god a third was never made by Burton.Wrathful Dwarf said it best.

So you'd be behind a Burton Batman cartoon, or a Burton Batman book?

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Bat Dude
Hey everyone, before I get started, I want it to be perfectly clear that I'M NOT ASKING FOR BURTON BATMAN ON SCREEN!!!

Now, as most of you know, Tim Burton did artwork for some Disney short films, so he's a good artist...

Check this one out: I believe it's called "The Hideous Penguin Boy", which was inspiration for Devito's Penguin: http://x93.xanga.com/7eed622126530134327390/m98295210.jpg

He even drew a picture for Batman Returns: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/zDBZz/Batman/batcatpenguin.jpg

Now, I'll get to my point... Burton never got to finish the story he wanted to tell (after Returns, he went to WB with ideas about the third film, but they gave him the boot), but we don't want to cut into Nolan's excellent series (I REFUSE to let Nolan meet the same fate as Burton did), so why not WB and DC compile Batman, Batman Returns, and Burton's Batman 3 into a sort of hardcover story book with illustrations by Burton himself? He might not be interested anymore, but it's worth a shot, right?

yeah if it were in book form like that,I think THAT would be cool.just as long as it stays in BOOK form with drawings like that.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Mr Parker

How did they destroy the comics?

Neo Darkhalen
I think in this day and age and considering TDK, i think it would be best to keep it in animation or book format, i don't know the 80's films were great for there time and i enjoyed them, it would just i don't know, feel like a letdown if he was to do another one now.

Perhaps it's because it's been so long since he did one....i don't know.

SelinaAndBruce
Burton burned one Batman comic for every dollar that Batman 1989 and Batman Returns made.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
Burton burned one Batman comic for every dollar that Batman 1989 and Batman Returns made.

Seriously?

As long as they were paperback monthly titles, I'm ok with that...

Mr Parker

dude Im not going to repeat something Ive said a thousand time in the past.i talked with you before about it in a pm.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Bat Dude
So you'd be behind a Burton Batman cartoon, or a Burton Batman book?

yeah that would be okay.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.