Wendigo vs Lobo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Who wins? Battle takes place in forest

Endrict Nuul
I know this will be asked later.....which host and is there cloning?

golem370
Classic Paul Cartier the one who fought Sasquatch & Hulk

spetznaz
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
I know this will be asked later.....which host and is there cloning?

Would the Wendigo host really make a difference in this particular scenario?

Looking at what Red Hulk did to that solitary Wendigo, Lobo would simply do the same .....just a lot faster and quite possibly in a more brutal manner.

I also doubt he would get a bite on the shoulder like Rulk did.

I honestly don't think any particular host for the Wendigo curse would matter .....it would just be another dead sucker who just happened to eat human flesh, turn into some crazed monster, and make the solemn error of trying to pick a fight with Lobo.

Oh ....and ending up with a decapitated head, arms, legs, and ...well ....'other' ....

Trying to eat Lobo has to be one of the more suicidal moves a comicbook character can make.

Endrict Nuul
What issue did Rulk fight Wendigo in? I didn't see that....

golem370
Their are certain Wendigo weaker then other though.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
What issue did Rulk fight Wendigo in? I didn't see that....

Maybe someone here can give you the exact issue number (I am at work).

However, I can give you a quick synopsis off memory.

Basically, he lands in the north, proceeds to shoot a deer and roast it, and then out of the trees a lone Wendigo attacks. The thing just rushes him, and bites him in the shoulder. Rulk throws it off (and the wounds heal). They then proceed to knock each other about, until Rulk picks up his machete (yup) and slashes the Wendigo's head off (I guess when Loeb made the Abomination vulnerable to super-sized bullets, he also made the Wendigo susceptible to a machete slash to the neck ....maybe when Rulk fights with Thor you'll see Loeb change the magical Uru hammer Mjolnir into the SEMI-magical STEEL ALLOY hammer .....with Loeb anything is possible).

Anyways, Rulk cuts the Wendigo's head off, and then jumps away. When he leaves the scene you see one, then two, then three, then a bunch of Wendigos emerge from the woods, indicating that a pack of the beasts now roam the wilderness (I guess there was a lot of cannibalism going on in the Northern wastes .....can one hope that Loeb, in his craziness, decides to make Logan a Wendigo as well. That would either put some sense into Wolverine fanboys, or make their heads explode. Either result would be appreciated ....)

Anyways, I digress.

Rulk gets attacked by a Wendigo.
Rulk throws the Wendigo off.
Rulk fights with Wendigo.
Rulk grabs a machete.
Rulk lobs the Wendigo's head off.
It is shown that there are many Wendigo (at least a small pack) in existence.
It is stated in the issue that Rulk (unlike the Hulk who gets stronger when he gets angrier) gets hotter (increased emission of radiation) when he gets angrier ....although what is interesting is that in the issue after that one, when Rulk fights Hulk, even as the Hulk gets stronger/angrier, the Rulk simply grabs his arm and BREAKS it (and the Hulk almost passes out). Loeb must have been off his meds.

Anyways, Lobo would simply do what Rulk did .....but with more style and finesse (with an obligatory 'splatter-effect' finish, TM)

spetznaz
Originally posted by golem370
Their are certain Wendigo weaker then other though.
True, but again I ask ....would it make a difference when facing Lobo?

A good analogy would be like querying whether Superman would have trouble with Strong Guy or with Colossus. While one (Colossus) is stronger than the other (Strong Guy), it would make no difference if they are facing Superman.

Similar thing here ....it really would not make any difference. The result would still be one VERY dead cannibal-turned-monster.

Once again, trying to eat Lobo is tantamount to suicide.

golem370
Well going by Feats not necessarily host

spetznaz
Well going by Feats not necessarily host

I do not comprehend your statement. Maybe you could clarify it.

golem370
When I say Cartier I mean that version of Wendigo.

spetznaz
When I say Cartier I mean that version of Wendigo.

Alright, but again I ask. What difference would it make?

No matter who the human was before the curse of the Wendigo took over, the result would still be one dead cannibal turned monster.

This is Lobo we are talking about, and he would just what Rulk did ....only with more style.

Mindset
Please, don't use anything Red Hulk did as a way to gauge someones power. If Red Hulk is involved then that means horrible writing is as well.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Mindset
Please, don't use anything Red Hulk did as a way to gauge someones power. If Red Hulk is involved then that means horrible writing is as well.

I actually agree. Which is why in my previous posts on this same thread I was poking fun at what Loeb was making Rulk do. I actually kind of look forward to reading the Rulk run, because every single darn time I pick one I see something that (while it makes me a bit angry) makes me also laugh at the sheer extent to which Loeb has lost his darn mind.

Goodness, I cannot wait to read Rulk vs Thor. I am certain something stupid (say Mjolnir cracking and crumbling when it hits Rulk, or Rulk getting amped when struck by lightning, or any of a number of ridiculous Loeb-induced stupidity) will probably be present.

Loeb-induced stupidity (LIS) ....maybe it should be added to PIS and CIS.

With that said, this is Lobo that the Wendigo is facing. Rulk or no Rulk, do you really think that some cursed cannibal trying to take a bite out of Lobo would really be following a prudent course of action?

Even without Loeb's Rulk wanking, Lobo would simply grab the Wendigo and just ....well .....squish!

spetznaz
On Loeb, I think he is an anarchist. His penchant for anarchy is often confused by his defenders as a need to 'leave a mark,' when in fact it is pure anarchy.

Just the other day I read an interview in which he was saying that Nolan should introduce Robin in the 3rd Batman. (While I have no problem with the comic book version of Robin, the big screen versions have been rolling disasters and would soak away the gritty real-er world Nolan has so far done a very great job painting in the Batman franchise mosaic).

I think Loeb is a bit like Schumaker ....they both see themselves as people who have to leave a mark, but the mark they leave is more like a stain.

Who knows ....maybe Rulk will eat Mjolnir and gain Asgardian powers ........

psycho gundam
loeb says there is a method to his madness, and he listens to the comic bloggers so I guess the best thing to do is wait for him to finish...then flame him if it sucks.

spetznaz
Well, there is really no option but that. And as you said, there might be some reason behind his madness. Although it is hard for me to get images of Abomination getting killed with an oversized revolver (and the Hulk get threatened with one) out of my head.

Loeb may pull some genius move at the end (someone was telling me that he saw somewhere that Rulk may be Ares, although in the last Hulk I read they discovered a shirt that had been torn by its wearer suddenly transforming, and that shirt had a lot of radiation, and it belonged to Doc Samson .....so who knows). It is possible that Loeb could pull a Hail Mary and make us all gasp in awe, but I also know that Loeb is no Frank Miller.

Anyways, as you said, let's wait and see. A miracle may occur.

Although if Rulk swallows Mjolnir and then proceeds to thwack Odin and the entire denizens of Asgard, I will NOT be surprised.

After all, I just saw Rulk jump into the face of a Watcher (Uatu no less) and proceed to knock him around like he was an overgrown baby. Uatu even had a very pained expression.

Thus maybe the next target is Odin.

The Living Tribunal better be worried ....maybe Rulk will decide to go and 'smash' him too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.