The Runner w/space gem vs. Superman Prime (guardian)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

six6six
This is strictly a race between the two. It is duodecillion miles in length. Just incase you don't know, duodecillion is 1 with about 39 zero's after it.

No teleporting allowed. Who crosses the finish line first?

psycho gundam
the space gem isn't only limited to teleportation, it can fold the distance between two locations also.

quanchi112
Runner wins.

guy222
runner

horrorwolf
LOL space gem? Runner all week.

Endrict Nuul
Anything with a Gem stomps.

horrorwolf
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Anything with a Gem stomps.

Insta-spite in most cases. sad

six6six
Well, just to be fair, SBP is faster than the Flash merged with The
Speed Force. Bart said that The Flash had to merge with the Speed Force just to keep up with SBP. Does SMP still get smoked that bad?

fangirl101
Originally posted by six6six
Speed Force. Bart said that The Flash had to merge with the Speed Force just to keep up with SBP.

I'd say the Speed force is more than equal with the Space Gem. They seem to be analogous. Except the speed force can do things with time as well.

jalek moye
Speed Force. Bart said that The Flash had to merge with the Speed Force just to keep up with SBP.

space gem > anyone with speedforce

Board Walker
Superman prime, space and time isn't a factor, when SMP transcends space and the omniverse with ease.

And is able to move and punch through dimensions with ease.

carver9
Runner can make it to the end and then run back to the beginning starting over and still make it back to the x mark before prime even makes it half way.

This is spite.

Board Walker
Originally posted by carver9
Runner can make it the end and then run back to the beginning starting over and still make it back to the x mark before prime even makes it half way.

This is spite.

show some scans of your claim? how ever I can of SMP doing that.

fangirl101
Originally posted by jalek moye
space gem > anyone with speedforce
Really? And the feats that anyone with the space gem had include......?

six6six
If Flash w/SpeedForce still can't beat SMP, then I'd say SMP is one quick mo fo. BTW, I'm not siding with either one, I'm simply "trying" to even this out.

Board Walker
If Flash w/SpeedForce still can't beat SMP, then I'd say SMP is one quick mo fo. BTW, I'm not siding with either one, I'm simply "trying" to even this out.

Yeah, bart had to absorb the entire speed force, and he wasnt able to beat superboy prime, not even guardian amped superman prime.

Superman prime was easily traveling the dc omniverse, from universe to universe instantly, he goes through dimensions by punching them.

the space gem has nothing on this, the space gem isnt a multiversal power.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Anything with a Gem stomps. Agreed.

Juntai
Prime.

Nihilist
runner easy

quanchi112
Originally posted by fangirl101
Really? And the feats that anyone with the space gem had include......? Ill make this really easy.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/SilverSurfer044-13-2.jpg

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/10-5.jpg

Space gem wins easily and this is pure and utter spite imo.

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
Ill make this really easy.

damn you made that simple. Flash was whooping that a**. He had to retreat. laughing

Prime might have some amazing flight speed but his combat speed aint sh** compare to the flashes. He was hopeless.

horrorwolf
Ill make this really easy.

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/closed1.gif
Post of the week.

Anyone who knows anything about the Space Gem is aware that it give the Runner access to exist in any and all places and also allows him to even warp or rearrange space itself at will. SBP would be nothing but a toy for his amusement. As Thanos put it, Distance literally has no meaning whatsoever to the space gem. This is a Spite thread.

fangirl101
Originally posted by horrorwolf
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/closed1.gif
Post of the week.

Anyone who knows anything about the Space Gem is aware that it give the Runner access to exist in any and all places and also allows him to even warp or rearrange space itself at will. SBP would be nothing but a toy for his amusement. As Thanos put it, Distance literally has no meaning whatsoever to the space gem. This is a Spite thread.
The runner NEVER used the gem like Thanos did. He only accessed it for teleportation and only by accident. Or Subconciously. Also Superboy prime at that stage had on his solar suit. Which is nothing like his full power stage or when he had the gaurdian amp. The post is terrible and the comparison can't stick.

Knowsbleed33
Runner w/ Gem in a glorious curbstomp.

quanchi112
The runner NEVER used the gem like Thanos did. He only accessed it for teleportation and only by accident. Or Subconciously. Also Superboy prime at that stage had on his solar suit. Which is nothing like his full power stage or when he had the gaurdian amp. The post is terrible and the comparison can't stick. Ok we will try this again. So the Runner cant access the gem like Thanos can. Thats the only card you can play.

Read the scan.
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Thanos_Quest_2_11.jpg

Now he describes himself as faster than light. While I already put up a scan with Prime going at the speed of light. Ok. Your next post will say that he can go faster when he doesnt have the suit. Prove it.

Now the Runner also says he arrived at places before he even realized he started running meaning he used mental teleportation. He also describes himself as faster than thought. Prime has described himself as faster than a speeding bullet. Well beyond any measure of speed exhibited or that can be exhibited by a speedster such as Prime. Faster than a bullet but not faster than a thought. Runner has him outclassed in every possible way.

I rest my case.

Dark-Jaxx
While I agree Runner would win, your posts are not only inaccurate, they're stupid.

So SMP can only fly at lightspeed? Even though he was speeding past distant planets in moments? Saying SMP's flight speed's max is lightspeed is ignorant, Superman is FTL, let alone SMP.

Carver SMP has already blitzed THREE Flashes, including Bart, that Bart Allen was merged with the Speed Force itself.

And this is Guardian amped SMP who can traverse the Multiverse at will with ease.

But since the Space Gem literally allows you to be in any place at any given time, yeah, Runner wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
While I agree Runner would win, your posts are not only inaccurate, they're stupid.

So SMP can only fly at lightspeed? Even though he was speeding past distant planets in moments? Saying SMP's flight speed's max is lightspeed is ignorant, Superman is FTL, let alone SMP.

Carver SMP has already blitzed THREE Flashes, including Bart, that Bart Allen was merged with the Speed Force itself.

And this is Guardian amped SMP who can traverse the Multiverse at will with ease.

But since the Space Gem literally allows you to be in any place at any given time, yeah, Runner wins. It doesnt matter what speed he flies at he loses.

The point is that when he wanted to get somewhere and it was a race type thing that he only went light speed.

If you cant prove he can fly faster than light than you really dont have anything imo.

Board Walker
It doesnt matter what speed he flies at he loses.

The point is that when he wanted to get somewhere and it was a race type thing that he only went light speed.

If you cant prove he can fly faster than light than you really dont have anything imo.

Its easily shown he goes faster then light, i posted scans in the other thread, many of them showing his speed feats.

Moving a tide of planets simultaniously through the entire universe, to realign the center of the universe, without the inhabitants of the planets even realizing it, is faster then light.

Superman prime being able to travel from one universe to another instantly is faster then light.

Nearly beating Bart in a race back to DC main earth, when bart absorbed all of the speed force to boost his speed, his faster then light.

Now you are just being childish.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Board Walker
Its easily shown he goes faster then light, i posted scans in the other thread, many of them showing his speed feats.

Moving a tide of planets simultaniously through the entire universe, to realign the center of the universe, without the inhabitants of the planets even realizing it, is faster then light.

Superman prime being able to travel from one universe to another instantly is faster then light.

Nearly beating Bart in a race back to DC main earth, when bart absorbed all of the speed force to boost his speed, his faster then light.

Now you are just being childish. Prove it with a statement. An on panel statement of how fast he is going.

Otherwise its just your opinion and isnt backed up at all imo by the actual comic.

Board Walker
Prove it with a statement. An on panel statement of how fast he is going.

Otherwise its just your opinion and isnt backed up at all imo by the actual comic.

Going by that logic then, the heart of the universe was limited to a single universe, its on the LT's bio, written by marvel, and canon.

Guess its just your opinion that thanos with hotu is extremely powerful, and not backed by the writter.

quanchi112
Going by that logic then, the heart of the universe was limited to a single universe, its on the LT's bio, written by marvel, and canon.

Guess its just your opinion that thanos with hotu is extremely powerful, and not backed by the writter. Dont bring up something else because you have zero proof.

Dark-Jaxx
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/tofastforgl.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/toomuchforgls.jpg

What those scans show is that in moments, SMP was speeding past distant planets when previously he was closer to the moon. So yeah, SMP is faster than light.

six6six
Just out of curiousity, if The Runner DID NOT have the space gem could Guardian Prime take him then?

TricksterPriest
Ha! Even with the gem, Runner wouldn't beat Prime in a fight. Prime would wreck him in a race without it.

Dark-Jaxx
Just out of curiousity, if The Runner DID NOT have the space gem could Guardian Prime take him then? Amped SMP would wreck Runner WITH the Gem.

Won't beat him in a race though.

Astner

Now you are just being childish.
Since you have no knowledge of physics and the theory of relativity I'm going to explain it for you.
When traveling in relativistic velocities time and space bends--this is what Einstein got famous for, tearing down Newton's, in comparison, simplistic perspective--meaning that if matter travels in the speed of light between point A and point B the matter will exist in both point A, point B and everywhere in-between simotaniously.
It takes infinite energy to accelerate matter to light-speed--in accelerators scientists have reached the velocities of 99,999999999999% of light speed, and it takes 7 times the energy to make it 99,9999999999999%. And then 7 times more energy to make it 99,99999999999999%

Now go and read up on modern physics before bringing this debate further. I recommend Feynman's work.

quanchi112
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/toomuchforgls.jpg

What those scans show is that in moments, SMP was speeding past distant planets when previously he was closer to the moon. So yeah, SMP is faster than light. No thats you speculating.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Ha! Even with the gem, Runner wouldn't beat Prime in a fight. Prime would wreck him in a race without it. Care to prove it?

carver9
Originally posted by Astner
Since you have no knowledge of physics and the theory of relativity I'm going to explain it for you.
When traveling in relativistic velocities time and space bends--this is what Einstein got famous for, tearing down Newton's, in comparison, simplistic perspective--meaning that if matter travels in the speed of light between point A and point B the matter will exist in both point A, point B and everywhere in-between simotaniously.
It takes infinite energy to accelerate matter to light-speed--in accelerators scientists have reached the velocities of 99,999999999999% of light speed, and it takes 7 times the energy to make it 99,9999999999999%. And then 7 times more energy to make it 99,99999999999999%

Now go and read up on modern physics before bringing this debate further. I recommend Feynman's work.

Or you could of just made it just as easy as this, there is no gravity in space so your speed should increase tremendously if theres nothing to weigh you down.

carver9

What those scans show is that in moments, SMP was speeding past distant planets when previously he was closer to the moon. So yeah, SMP is faster than light.

Which proves nothing. Nova has done this but it was stated on panel that his top speed is the speed of sound but the guy race past planets on a regular basis.

Dark-Jaxx
No thats you speculating. No it's really not. Plain as day. SMP is factually faster than Flash as well when he is at standard levels. Is Flash slower than light now?

It's called logic. If you're gonna deny it cause you're biased, be my guest.

Astner
Or you could of just made it just as easy as this, there is no gravity in space so your speed should increase tremendously if theres nothing to weigh you down.
No, the force of gravity has an infinite reach.

quanchi112
No it's really not. Plain as day. SMP is factually faster than Flash as well when he is at standard levels. Is Flash slower than light now?

It's called logic. If you're gonna deny it cause you're biased, be my guest. Prove Prime is faster than the Flash.

carver9
No, the force of gravity has an infinite reach.

What do you mean by this post. I understand it but in space things float around due to the gravity being so thin.

Dark-Jaxx
Prove Prime is faster than the Flash. How about the fact that he blitzed three of them? erm

quanchi112
How about the fact that he blitzed three of them? erm Does that prove he is faster than them? No, he didnt escape them either. You do realize flash has way more impressive speed feats than Prime.

carver9
Does that prove he is faster than them? No, he didnt escape them either. You do realize flash has way more impressive speed feats than Prime.

I see it like this, if prime was to fly beside wally it would be even but flash combat speed>>>>>>>prime. Prime cant hang with flash when its time to fight.

Thats why prime fears fighting the flashes and had to resort in a spin instead of fighting them somewhat like amazo did.

Dark-Jaxx
I see it like this, if prime was to fly beside wally it would be even but flash combat speed>>>>>>>prime. Prime cant hang with flash when its time to fight.

Thats why prime fears fighting the flashes and had to resort in a spin instead of fighting them somewhat like amazo did. 1. Other than he has effortlessly avoiding and blocked them in Sinestro Corps War too right?

2. Pointless semantics. IT was a flurry of punches which appeared to be a tornado.

Astner
What do you mean by this post. I understand it but in space things float around due to the gravity being so thin.
Still, you could keep accelerating matter. It wouldn't reach light-speed.

Board Walker

Going by the speed of light, if an individual were to go from one end of the universe to the other known end of it, it would take an approximated time. The math for it was done in the flash vs silver surfer in a race thread

Superman prime went from one edge of the universe to the other and exited it, assuming were using our worlds physics on DC's then i assume were using this universe aprox known distance as well. Then superman prime did transcend the speed of light. Since he did it from the time the monitor was looking at a screen, to the time he turned his head.

Not only that, purely the distance he covered in the time that passed, shows that he was faster then light speed, because if he was going at the speed of light, light years for time measurement, then everything outside of him, would have been long gone due to aging.

Astner
Going by the speed of light, if an individual were to go from one end of the universe to the other known end of it, it would take an approximated time. The math for it was done in the flash vs silver surfer in a race thread
Yes, because light or rather photons have no mass. Matter has mass therefore time and space would bend so that the matter would exist simultaneously on all locations it passes through-out infinity.

Superman prime went from one edge of the universe to the other and exited it, assuming were using our worlds physics on DC's then i assume were using this universe aprox known distance as well. Then superman prime did transcend the speed of light. Since he did it from the time the monitor was looking at a screen, to the time he turned his head.
Transcend light-speed would mean time-travel, and negative space, plain and simple. The only conclusion is--the universe wasn't infinite. Or that the universe was transfinite and he did travel in the speed of light and after set time he reached the transfinite end.
Transfinite levels are levels of infinity.

Originally posted by Board Walker Not only that, purely the distance he covered in the time that passed, shows that he was faster then light speed, because if he was going at the speed of light, light years for time measurement, then everything outside of him, would have been long gone due to aging.
For matter to travel one light-year in a second would mean that it travels in 99,999999666667% the speed of light.

Now grab a book about modern physics and start reading. Most members here are aware of advance physics (relativity, quantum mechanics, m-theory). "Walking" around the boards with the knowledge of a high-school drop-out will only make people laugh at you. Hopefully you will gain from this constructive criticism. If not then feel free to head back to the forums of ignorance a.k.a. NF and CBR.

TricksterPriest
Faster than Flash? Nah. But he's easily at the level of most Flashes. Zoom and maybe Bart are faster.

Rorschach
Thats why prime fears fighting the flashes and had to resort in a spin instead of fighting them somewhat like amazo did.

He spun around in a circle and hit them with several punches. He fears fighting them because he doesn't want to be trapped in the Speed Force again, not because he can't fight them in a competent manner. It's a psychological thing, like how he's scared of the dark.

Mindset
He's scared of the dark?

carver9
Originally posted by Rorschach
He spun around in a circle and hit them with several punches. He fears fighting them because he doesn't want to be trapped in the Speed Force again, not because he can't fight them in a competent manner. It's a psychological thing, like how he's scared of the dark.

If he so much faster then them why couldnt he just blitz flash and knock them out before them even having the time to put him in the speed force. I think that spin feat is overrated and you all area reading into it to much.

Board Walker
super boy prime also scared the hell out of flash when he was coming back from the speed force and they could not contain him there.

The flash had to absorb the entire speed force into himself and burn it out just to escape a severely weakened superboy prime.

horrorwolf
The runner NEVER used the gem like Thanos did. He only accessed it for teleportation and only by accident. Or Subconciously. Also Superboy prime at that stage had on his solar suit. Which is nothing like his full power stage or when he had the gaurdian amp. The post is terrible and the comparison can't stick.

Regardless of "how" it has been used before by Runner, The SG allows those abilities to whomever possesses it. So in terms here, its possible to be used in many ways thats above SMP's capability to match.

Unless you can prove Runner can't fully utilize it in any of these ways, SMP gets pwned here.

Rorschach
If he so much faster then them why couldnt he just blitz flash and knock them out before them even having the time to put him in the speed force.

Because he isn't exactly the smartest character around. He had plenty of time to avoid getting dragged into the speed force when Impulse was the only one around, but instead he spent that time mocking Impulse. Besides, I don't believe Prime is significantly faster than Wally.

I think that spin feat is overrated and you all area reading into it to much.

The fact is that he countered three Flash's by punching them off of him at super-speed. We're not reading into it too much, we're stating exactly what happened. You on the other hand, like to leave out the fact the punched them all, so that you can undermine the feat.

Dark-Jaxx
If he so much faster then them why couldnt he just blitz flash and knock them out before them even having the time to put him in the speed force. I think that spin feat is overrated and you all area reading into it to much. Maybe because he was caught off guard and blindsided and was already in the process of being put in the Speed Force? And not to mention, though having overall high intelligence, his battle mind is not very good, instead of trying to resist Bart, he was mocking him and telling him he can't do it, and then a bunch of other Flashes helped Bart out.

You think the spin is overrated cause you don't like it. You like to pretend he didn't throw any punches so you can say he has crappy combat speed, which in the end only makes you look bad.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.