TDK past the $500 million mark !!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2008-07-27-box-office_N.htm?csp=34

Avalanche! eek!

Endrict Nuul
Meh, no one cares.....

FistOfThe North
Cool.

Wow. It took "Titanic" about a year to make about $600mil. in the U.S. And "TDK" did half that in 10 days..

I think this movie might possibly, and unbelievably, become the highest grossing film of all time.

I wouldn't be surprised if it crushed "Ironman"'s total tally within 2 weeks from now.

Da Joker
It'll be at $400 million before this week ends or possibly at $500 million.

BruceSkywalker
By next sunday The Dark Knight will be at $400 million plus. Thus going from #23 on the all time list to #7 all time. Its true that The Dark Knight will not out for nine months, but look at what it is doing only after ten days. By the second of August The Dark Knight should be at or hoving around $500 million

WrathfulDwarf
Don't the actors get like bonus if the movie makes so much money? I think that happens once a film reaches over the $300 million mark.

ScarletSpeed
this is epic, it would be amazing if it topped Titanicno expression

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Don't the actors get like bonus if the movie makes so much money? I think that happens once a film reaches over the $300 million mark.

From what I know of actor/actress contracts, for some actors like Cruise and Smith, they do. I 'm not sure if Christian Bale is in that category, but I'm sure he will be soon.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
From what I know of actor/actress contracts, for some actors like Cruise and Smith, they do. I 'm not sure if Christian Bale is in that category, but I'm sure he will be soon. I think they should all get reasonable bonuses. They all had wonderful prefomances. Especially Ledger, Bale, Oldman, and Eckhart.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Darth Martin
I think they should all get reasonable bonuses. They all had wonderful prefomances. Especially Ledger, Bale, Oldman, and Eckhart.

I agree and hopefully they will

Da Joker
Wow, this movie now has $442 million worldwide...that's freaky.

Myth
Originally posted by Darth Martin
I think they should all get reasonable bonuses. They all had wonderful prefomances. Especially Ledger, Bale, Oldman, and Eckhart.

Ledger's family should get an extra large bonus.

steverules
Sooooooooooo many Dark knight threads no expression

Da Joker
Well, it is the Batman section...I'd guess that's where these threads should be.

wuTa

I believe that's up to the director, unless its in the actors contract that they get a gross percentage of the box office.

ragesRemorse
If pirates 2 can make the top 3. Im sure the dark night has a chance at making, at least top 3

Da Joker
If it doesn't surpass Titanic it may make a little under it.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Da Joker
If it doesn't surpass Titanic it may make a little under it.

I think so also. The Dark Knight certainly has a strong chance of making Titanic type money and if it doesn't then it should probably wind up being #2 or #3 all time

WrathfulDwarf
According to the WB suits...TDK will hit the 400 million as late as monday or early tuesday. We'll see...

Da Joker
Domestically? Yeah, it will for sure. But man...$597 million after only two weeks is nothing short of phenomenal.

BruceSkywalker
Domestically? Yeah, it will for sure. But man...$597 million after only two weeks is nothing short of phenomenal.

After tonight or tomorrow,when $400 million falls, then here comes $ 500 million domestically.

Da Joker
Yeah, get used to this for at least another week or two...it'll make good money during the week (about $8-10 million a day, and then just shoot up during the weekend.

BruceSkywalker
Yeah, get used to this for at least another week or two...it'll make good money during the week (about $8-10 million a day, and then just shoot up during the weekend.

You know it will. After $500 million domestic then its on its way to quite possibly catch Titanic. It has a shot and can very well catch Titanic

Da Joker
Yep, especially with all the praise it's getting...if it beats Titanic, it's probably going to go down as the best movie of all time, a title it'd deserve in my eyes.

The Heap
WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Ahem*

I'm just happy for TDK, thats all.

WrathfulDwarf
GOOD GRIEF!!!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=47667

TDK hit the $400 million mark!!!!!

BruceSkywalker
GOOD GRIEF!!!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=47667

TDK hit the $400 million mark!!!!!

I was going to post this. Yet another record falls. $500 million domestic is next and I think that it may very well be at $500 million domestic in 3 weeks..

WrathfulDwarf
It is very probable it will break the record set by Spiderman in 2002 for comic book movie. omg

Bat Dude
the best movie of all time, a title it'd deserve

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No.

BruceSkywalker
It is very probable it will break the record set by Spiderman in 2002 for comic book movie. omg

At the rate The Dark Knight is going I'm sure it will.

Da Joker
Yeah, and rightfully so, it's much better than all the Spider-Man movies.

SelinaAndBruce
I'm very happy to see Batman making the big bucks in the comic book franchise

Da Joker
Yep, finally a movie other than Spider-Man making big money.

BruceSkywalker
Yep, finally a movie other than Spider-Man making big money.

That is why Sony is trying to rush out Spidey 4

Da Joker
If Sam Raimi gets replaced, I'll gladly accept another SM movie.

SelinaAndBruce
I want Sony to give Spidey to Marvel films already so they can do something else with him

Da Joker
Another franchise maybe? If so, they should wait at least a good 10 years before they reboot and start over, if they decide to do so.

BruceSkywalker
If Sam Raimi gets replaced, I'll gladly accept another SM movie.

Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
I want Sony to give Spidey to Marvel films already so they can do something else with him

As of right now Sam Raimi is going to Executive Produce it and he is mulling over directing it as well. Sony owns the Spidey franchise so they prolly won't give it to Marvel films. My feeling is that Raimi will prolly direct it also unless he changes his mind for the trillionth time.

Da Joker
I'm so sick of him...they need to just be rid of him.

BruceSkywalker
I'm so sick of him...they need to just be rid of him.

That may happen, but not for awhile. Sony knows they have a good thing going with Raimi and I'm sure neither side wants to frack it up

The Heap
If Killer Croc goes into the 3rd Batman film with Two-Face, thats it, things are gonna go BOOOOOOOOOOOM and explode. It'll make loads. Possibly more than TDK although that might be stretching things alittle too far.

Da Joker
You really think any superhero movie anytime soon is going to make more than TDK? If so, you're crazy.

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by The Heap
If Killer Croc goes into the 3rd Batman film with Two-Face, thats it, things are gonna go BOOOOOOOOOOOM and explode. It'll make loads. Possibly more than TDK although that might be stretching things alittle too far.

No chance,

Killer Cros isn't a well known villain to the non comic crowd, it won't appeal to non comic fans, as much.

The Heap
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
No chance,

Killer Cros isn't a well known villain to the non comic crowd, it won't appeal to non comic fans, as much.

Maybe if the actor playing Croc's performance is brilliant, it would help...

Nah, your probably right.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
No chance,

He can be a 3rd background villain, that could work.

Endrict Nuul
Edit.

BruceSkywalker
You really think any superhero movie anytime soon is going to make more than TDK? If so, you're crazy.

Its been ten years since a movie has challenged Titanic. May take that long to challenge The Dark Knight.

Da Joker
It could be longer...unlike Titanic, TDK is actually a great movie.

BruceSkywalker
It could be longer...unlike Titanic, TDK is actually a great movie.

True dat

Da Joker
Yep, and hopefully it'll at least beat out Titanic domestically, which is a strong possibility.

Mr Parker
thats awesome.especially since its blowing away MAN-SPIDERS record. Happy Dance waits to see hilarious reaction out of da joker. laughing

Da Joker
If you think the movies are horrible, that's you, but don't insult them to try and get me to purposely insult you.

The Heap
^ Nobody has to wait for you to purposely insult, man.

As for TDK, I'm really happy that it's smashing all kinds of records.

Da Joker
He made the post with intent on me to insult him.

We all are.

HorseShoeKing
Well as much as I would like to see The Dark Knight pass Titanic, at this rate and with what Pineapple Express coming out (the gross it did) and Tropic Thunder coming out it gives patrons other choices for movies (I manage at a movie theatre I saw the change in choice) . I actually see it falling just short. I would say about 575.000 million. Of course give or take a 5 million for a standard deviation.

Da Joker
I think it could potentially make just a little more than Titanic or fall short a few million, but not a lot.

Bat Dude
Titanic needs to be beaten... I'll forever be reminded of being a little kid having to sit in my living room with my sister and her friends being forced to watch that movie while my show (I think it was WCW) was on...

Batman beating Titanic would just be icing on the cake...

Da Joker
Agreed, I'd go see it again if I could. I kind of even laughed at Leo's death, **** Titanic, I'm glad it sank.

Bat Dude
Agreed, I'd go see it again if I could. I kind of even laughed at Leo's death, **** Titanic, I'm glad it sank.

God I hated DiCaprio... I hated him in Titanic, I hated him in Romeo and Juliet (we watched it in English class, all the girls went crazy, of course), and I even hated him in The Departed (I wanted Matt Damon's character to kill DiCaprio's character, I hated him that much)

Da Joker
Leo was okay in "Blood Diamond" but I've never cared for his movies at all. Thank God Hounsou and Connelly were in that movie as well. But yeah, both SM-3 and Titanic need to be beaten.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by The Heap
^ Nobody has to wait for you to purposely insult, man.

As for TDK, I'm really happy that it's smashing all kinds of records.

exactly.People like you I see are finding that out real quick around here about him.I saw that thread here in the Batman section recently where he was insulting you and everybody else on there who did not agree with him.He reminds me an awful lot of this other poster named alpha centauri who cant get over an obsession from a discussion about a certain movie that took place over two months ago in the movie discussion section and goes and brings that grudge here to the batman section like he always does instead of being able to get over that long ago debate. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Heres PROOF that he cant get over a debate from a movie that took place in the movie discussion section over two months ago.Just take a look at that thread on the second page here in the batman section called -IS THE DARK KNIGHT THE GREATEST COMICBOOK MOVIE EVER MADE? BY Fist of North.

On the third page you see where I say-I agree with the part about superman still being the greatest comicbook movie of all time.Then he immediately responds saying-Mr parker,your a fool so no one cares what you agree with.Tdk is better than any superman movie,and batman is flat out all around better than superman.Thats a fact.

as we know,its not a fact,its all just opinions being expressed.And as you can see-like i said,just take a look at that thread yourself.He engages in name calling and insults people if he doesnt agree with you.But you and others have already found that out when he was going off on you and everybody else recently on that thread so you know what Im talking about.thats why I put him on my ignore list after that.

FistOfThe North
"TDK" is in the top ten of the all time highest box office gross in United States history. All in less than a month. Impressive. Most impressive. But you are not "Titanic" yet.

And clearly "TDK"'s success is mostly attributed to Heath's death.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Mr Parker
exactly.People like you I see are finding that out real quick around here about him.I saw that thread here in the Batman section recently where he was insulting you and everybody else on there who did not agree with him.He reminds me an awful lot of this other poster named alpha centauri who cant get over an obsession from a discussion about a certain movie that took place over two months ago in the movie discussion section and goes and brings that grudge here to the batman section like he always does instead of being able to get over that long ago debate. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Heres PROOF that he cant get over a debate from a movie that took place in the movie discussion section over two months ago.Just take a look at that thread on the second page here in the batman section called -IS THE DARK KNIGHT THE GREATEST COMICBOOK MOVIE EVER MADE? BY Fist of North.

On the third page you see where I say-I agree with the part about superman still being the greatest comicbook movie of all time.Then he immediately responds saying-Mr parker,your a fool so no one cares what you agree with.Tdk is better than any superman movie,and batman is flat out all around better than superman.Thats a fact.

as we know,its not a fact,its all just opinions being expressed.And as you can see-like i said,just take a look at that thread yourself.He engages in name calling and insults people if he doesnt agree with you.But you and others have already found that out when he was going off on you and everybody else recently on that thread so you know what Im talking about.thats why I put him on my ignore list after that.
Is douchebag just like tattooed on your forehead?

Da Joker
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
"TDK" is in the top ten of the all time highest box office gross in United States history. All in less than a month. Impressive. Most impressive. But you are not "Titanic" yet.

And clearly "TDK"'s success is mostly attributed to Heath's death.

Yeah, many members have said that a lot of women who went mainly went to see Heath.

TheGame17
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Its been ten years since a movie has challenged Titanic. May take that long to challenge The Dark Knight.

actually, i thought Return of the King challenged Titanic. Got pretty close too. But i get your point..

WrathfulDwarf
Remains #1 for the four weeks!

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/ap/20080810/121841442000.html

If you read the article notice that this is pretty feat to achieve during the summer season.

TDK keeps going strong.

HorseShoeKing
Originally posted by Bat Dude
God I hated DiCaprio... I hated him in Titanic, I hated him in Romeo and Juliet (we watched it in English class, all the girls went crazy, of course), and I even hated him in The Departed (I wanted Matt Damon's character to kill DiCaprio's character, I hated him that much)

just wondering this is prolly really off topic and doesn't belong in this forum but with this strong hate for DiCaprio ho do you feel it is rumored he is the number one pic to play Captain America?

I also want to say I am amazed (but not really surprised) that Dark Knight took number one again. Early numbers had Pineapple Express looking like it was going to take down. I guess there are just not enough stoner movie fans out there.

celestialdemon
I hope it makes as much money as it can this week. I guarantee you it won't be number one again next weekend with Tropic Thunder coming out. Hopefully it can at least reach $500 million by then.

Mr Parker
Remains #1 for the four weeks!

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/ap/20080810/121841442000.html

If you read the article notice that this is pretty feat to achieve during the summer season.

TDK keeps going strong.

great article.thats awesome,great to hear.

SelinaAndBruce
I am just more than elated to have Batman on top of the world right now

Da Joker
"Batman has no limits."

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
I am just more than elated to have Batman on top of the world right now

Darth Martin
Okay I was so sure that TDK would not win top gross this weekend. Seems I was wrong. With Star Wars and Tropic Thunder I thought it had no chance. Seems I was wrong. It needs about one more million to pass A New Hope as the 2nd highest grossing movie domestically.

Endrict Nuul
After four weeks as the #1 movie in the country, the reign of Warner Bros.' The Dark Knight finally came to an end, but not before it amassed enough money to pass the unadjusted gross of George Lucas' 1977 sci-fi classic Star Wars to become the 2nd highest grossing movie domestically with an astounding five-week box office gross of $471.5 million! (Star Wars' unadjusted gross of $461 million included a number of re-releases since its debut thirty years ago.) While it has a long way to go if it wants to pass the long-held box office record of James Cameron's Titanic, it's more than likely The Dark Knight could become the second movie to ever make more than $500 million domestically. (Quite ironically, the continued success of Nolan's Batman film knocked George Lucas' new animated Star Wars: the Clone Wars, the first movie in the franchise to be distributed by Warner Bros., down to third place for the weekend as well.)

http://www.superherohype.com/news/batmannews.php?id=7595

WrathfulDwarf
TDK had a really impressive run at #1. What makes it even more impressive is that it pull this during the busy summer period. Titanic performed quite well for a holiday time. Glad to see the iconic image of the caped crusader will remain strong for years to come.

smile

Neo Darkhalen
He's Iconic...glad to see he did so well.

Da Joker
As am I. I'm pretty sure he will claw his way right back up to the #1 spot. Afterall, the Batman has no goddamn limits.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by HorseShoeKing
just wondering this is prolly really off topic and doesn't belong in this forum but with this strong hate for DiCaprio ho do you feel it is rumored he is the number one pic to play Captain America?

I also want to say I am amazed (but not really surprised) that Dark Knight took number one again. Early numbers had Pineapple Express looking like it was going to take down. I guess there are just not enough stoner movie fans out there.

Off Topic: Oh God no... Captain America is a favorite of mine, that would be a disaster! Captain America is supposed to be a ripped blonde guy who could pass for a pro wrestler, not a guy that looks like DiCaprio...

Anyway, congrats to TDK for being on top for so long and making so much money this summer...

CellDweller
Anyone know how long TDK is going to play in the theaters?

Scythe
I'm glad, it's the first step to forgetting this movie. It was good, but so many people have ruined it for me by adapting it into their lives and just making some ashame of liking it.

Jovan
I think it can climb up to place 15-16 worldwide
(http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/)

FistOfThe North
So TDK is 3rd behind Star Wars and Titanic. Impressive. Warner Bros. say the films' gonna top out in between 510 and 540 mil. That would make it second.

FistOfThe North
Holy shnikies. TDK did beat "Star Wars"! Just checked. It's second behind "Titanic". TDK's the 2 highest grossing movie in the U.S. of all time. lol.

I never really thought i'd see the day when a movie would take out SW. And it did it in 1 month, lol.

Some good stuff.

FistOfThe North
Oh, here's the list.

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/boxoffice/alltime/

Scythe
Holy shnikies. TDK did beat "Star Wars"! Just checked. It's second behind "Titanic". TDK's the 2 highest grossing movie in the U.S. of all time. lol.

I never really thought i'd see the day when a movie would take out SW. And it did it in 1 month, lol.

Some good stuff.

Great, another reason for fanboys to flip their lid.

WrathfulDwarf
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080831/ap_en_mo/film_dark_knight

It past the 500 million mark in the states. TDK maybe slowing down but still cash in. The film remain in the 3rd spot this week. TDK remains in the top five!

There is still the Holiday weekend which concludes tomorrow. The film is expected to bring in more money.

HOLY BENJAMINS BATMAN!!

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Scythe
I'm glad, it's the first step to forgetting this movie. It was good, but so many people have ruined it for me by adapting it into their lives and just making some ashame of liking it.

And with all that for some reason i still see you dressed up as one of those imposter Batman guys seriously telling people that you have a right to defend yourself. lol

just joking, man. Hey are you in a wheelchair or something..?I'm assuming, which i shouldn't, for some odd reason.

Scythe
And with all that for some reason i still see you dressed up as one of those imposter Batman guys seriously telling people that you have a right to defend yourself. lol

just joking, man. Hey are you in a wheelchair or something..?I'm assuming, which i shouldn't, for some odd reason.

I don't incorporate TDK night so much into my life that it's become an obsession. It was a very good flick, that's all, but yeah, haha, it's always ironic when people point out stuff they don't like when they themselves are the biggest offenders, I've seen it happen before. For example back when I used to live in the city, the guy who used to live next door would contstantly rant and rave about how much he hated pedophiles and he'd wanna wage this one-man war to rid our area of all of them, when the police one day came to his house and arrested him for having CP at his house. It was very f*cked up, and I was suspicious of him, but all his determination led me to believe all his false propaganda.

And yes, I am in a wheelchair.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Scythe
I don't incorporate TDK night so much into my life that it's become an obsession. It was a very good flick, that's all, but yeah, haha, it's always ironic when people point out stuff they don't like when they themselves are the biggest offenders, I've seen it happen before. For example back when I used to live in the city, the guy who used to live next door would contstantly rant and rave about how much he hated pedophiles and he'd wanna wage this one-man war to rid our area of all of them, when the police one day came to his house and arrested him for having CP at his house. It was very f*cked up, and I was suspicious of him, but all his determination led me to believe all his false propaganda.

And yes, I am in a wheelchair.

I guess Hitler was right when he said, and i'm paraphrasing, the bigger the lie the more apt people are to believe it at least or much more so than a small lie.

But i've pointed out stuff i didn't liked but i liked the movie overall. Nothing wrong with that. Now telling one person that you don't like the movie at all then later telling someone else how much you think it rocked is different. Now that's blatant retardism.

Scythe
I guess Hitler was right when he said, and i'm paraphrasing, the bigger the lie the more apt people are to believe it at least or much more so than a small lie.

But i've pointed out stuff i didn't liked but i liked the movie overall. Nothing wrong with that. Now telling one person that you don't like the movie at all then later telling someone else how much you think it rocked is different. Now that's blatant retardism.

Yeah, your points are respected in my views. Although it's entirely possible to have something you enjoy be ruined by certain actions or obsessions, which happened in my case.

Endrict Nuul
http://www.superherohype.com/news/batmannews.php?id=7658

Warner Bros. Pictures plans to rerelease blockbuster The Dark Knight in January, the height of Academy Awards voting season, says The Hollywood Reporter.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
http://www.superherohype.com/news/batmannews.php?id=7658

Warner Bros. Pictures plans to rerelease blockbuster The Dark Knight in January, the height of Academy Awards voting season, says The Hollywood Reporter.

Thats true. I am glad that they are

celestialdemon
That sucks. I want this movie on DVD already!

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by celestialdemon
That sucks. I want this movie on DVD already!

I KNOW!!!! I am tired of watching crappy versions, I want the real damn thing.

RevoWution™©®
I KNOW!!!! I am tired of watching crappy versions, I want the real damn thing.

Would they actually delay the DVD release just because they're re-releasing it?

To me, that's a pretty dumb thing to do.

Endrict Nuul

RevoWution™©®
I think so, like whats the chances they release a DVD for Christmas and than another theatre release? but who knows. I hope they will release it on DVD this year.

I agree. They better release it this year.

I'm sick of my telesync version stick out tongue

Endrict Nuul

celestialdemon
I am a idiot and cant read......in the link....

The DVD and Blu-ray Disc are expected to hit stores in December.

Awesome! I can't wait.

Jovan
the link I gave at the top of the page now writes it's fifth world wide! and it's 5,5 mill behind Harry Potter so I do hope he beats the living crap out of that child.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.