Why do women love drama so much?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bat Dude
Hey everyone, I don't post here often, but I just had a burning question inside me that really needed to be answered by people who probably know more than me:

Women seem to go nuts for the "oh, I'm married to John, but I'm in love with Ricky, and I'm having an affair with him" type stories... Or the "she told everyone your deepest darkest secret, your life could be ruined" type stories...

My question is: Why? What makes drama so attractive to women? It also seems like they go out of their way to make things in their lives more dramatic, like flirting with another guy just to make some guy jealous, and stuff like that...

And with the rise of such books as Gossip Girl and Twilight, and shows such as, again, Gossip Girl, The Hills, Grey's Anatomy, etc., I just had to ask the question that has probably been asked millions of times before... So sue me...

=Tired Hiker=
So, are you wondering why the women on these shows are like that, or women in real life. If you are talking about the women on those shows, it's because they are actors and they are doing there job, reading scripts and such, acting it out for the camera. If you are talking about the drama associated with real life women, it is because they are completely f**king nuts, all of them, even your mom and sister, they are all friggin' crazy.

Well, that should do it. yes

Bat Dude
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
So, are you wondering why the women on these shows are like that, or women in real life. If you are talking about the women on those shows, it's because they are actors and they are doing there job, reading scripts and such, acting it out for the camera. If you are talking about the drama associated with real life women, it is because they are completely f**king nuts, all of them, even your mom and sister, they are all friggin' crazy.

Well, that should do it. yes

I meant real life women...

Devil King
I can assure you, it's not limited to women.

=Tired Hiker=
Okay, here's what I really think. If you get these chicks that dig those shows and worship that Sarah Jessica Parker girl on Sex In The City, and try to emulate Eva Longoria on Desperate Housewives, etc. etc. etc., naturally those tarts are going to be a bit more gossipy, trendy, and more dramatic than say that quiet cute girl who wears sweats ever day and does her homework right after school in the library. Those hot chicks, the ones who hang in cliques and act all dramatic and talk out loud about who they are banging, they're too self absorbed to really connect with anyone aside of other hot chicks who are self absorbed and can't connect with anyone. It's kind of like their own little world, and no one else's world matters.

Stop paying attention to those girls and start noticing the hidden nuggets of goodness that also surround you, like that girl in the back of class with the glasses, yeah her. Trust me, as a person she is far more sincere and caring that those other hose beasts. And soon you will realize that their are actually a lot of women out there that aren't all that dramatic.

Selphie
Not every woman thinks like that. But a lot do, unfortunately. Why? I have no clue. Some just want to be the center of attention, or pretend like their lives really have meaning.

inimalist
Originally posted by Devil King

**** ya

Bat Dude
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Okay, here's what I really think. If you get these chicks that dig those shows and worship that Sarah Jessica Parker girl on Sex In The City, and try to emulate Eva Longoria on Desperate Housewives, etc. etc. etc., naturally those tarts are going to be a bit more gossipy, trendy, and more dramatic than say that quiet cute girl who wears sweats ever day and does her homework right after school in the library. Those hot chicks, the ones who hang in cliques and act all dramatic and talk out loud about who they are banging, they're too self absorbed to really connect with anyone aside of other hot chicks who are self absorbed and can't connect with anyone. It's kind of like their own little world, and no one else's world matters.

Stop paying attention to those girls and start noticing the hidden nuggets of goodness that also surround you, like that girl in the back of class with the glasses, yeah her. Trust me, as a person she is far more sincere and caring that those other hose beasts. And soon you will realize that their are actually a lot of women out there that aren't all that dramatic.

Actually, the girl I really like is somewhere in-between those extremes and wears glasses big grin

So I can notice the girl with glasses fairly well... But even she is a sucker for dramatic stuff (I hear Twilight is her favorite book, or something to that extent)...

So I still don't really understand why... It seems it's not just the "clique" girls, but also the regular girls, too...

BackFire
It makes them think that it makes their life complex and interesting.

Women love to say "Oh, you don't understand, I'm complicated". You're not complicated, you're a ****.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Bat Dude
Actually, the girl I really like is somewhere in-between those extremes and wears glasses big grin

So I can notice the girl with glasses fairly well... But even she is a sucker for dramatic stuff (I hear Twilight is her favorite book, or something to that extent)...

So I still don't really understand why... It seems it's not just the "clique" girls, but also the regular girls, too...

Then I stand by my first answer in my first post.

Deja~vu
I can assure you, it's not limited to women. For sure.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by Deja~vu
For sure.

Indeed so...

KidRock

Yeah, it is women and guys that act like women.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by KidRock

not really...

Deja~vu
I agree. My father is a prime example of drama...........Oh my what he has done............lol

chillmeistergen
There are women who do, women who don't, I wouldn't always consider it a bad thing necessarily.

These threads always pop up because of some silly argument or personal problem the poster is having, this thread may as well be called "Why does Stephanie love drama so much?", or something.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Better question: Why do women love cock so much?

Devil King
Originally posted by KidRock

I can't really argue that.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Bat Dude
I meant real life women... I know a few real life men who fit this bill.

Lara
Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo
Better question: Why do women love cock so much?

if we could figure out how to put it in to words you men would know by now!!!, just take the neandatholic grunts as your verification.

Jovan
Originally posted by Lara
if we could figure out how to put it in to words you men would know by now!!!, just take the neandatholic grunts as your verification.
use small words?

Adam_PoE
Life is only as dramatic as one makes it.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Originally posted by Lara
"Neandatholic" isn't a word.

Spelling: So easy a cave man could do it.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo
"Neandatholic" isn't a word.

Spelling: So easy a cave man could do it.

But not a woman, amirite? eek!

Zeal Ex Nihilo
While spelling has little to do with logic, reason, mathematics, or science, I'm going to pretend that it does so that I can say that women are bad at it.

Deja~vu
I don't like drama, but have to others who try to draw me into theirs... mad

I actually like.......Mmmmm

jacope-owns-xyz

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.