Borg thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules
I looked and saw no thread that was dedicated to the borg...apart from the one asking about the ships...but anyways I gotta say the borg are my favorite trek villains...they are rather scary and they are very powerful foes. Plus one of the greatest trek storylines was when picard was turned into a borg...I loved that 2 parter. Plus who can forget them in first contact, it got so bad for Picard that he was going to self destruct the Enterprise E but that was until Data stopped it. I read on wiki that there was going to be an episode of enterprise where we were going to get to see the origin of the borg queen but that never happened which was rather dissapointing. So anyone else here like the borg and wanna share some fond memories and thoughts on them? Perhaps maybe post a few pics big grin

starlock
Well i played the game Star Trek Legacy and the extras had a Borg origin....it seems that Vygr-from the first star trek movie was the begining of the borg, and when it took the form of a woman and merged with that guy who stayed behind....it was the start of the borg's desire for perfection.....thats off the top of my head...and i know its a game, just thought i would throw it out there

steverules
It's nice to know the origin of the borg, like how it all started, there's so many of them around

Impediment
The Borg, like Wolverine, should have kept their anoniminity and never have revealed an origin. It's so much more fun that way.

steverules
I've seen quite a few borg episodes and I never get bored of them, they always interest me

BruceSkywalker
"Resistance is Futile"

I'll look for some pics and post them.

Neo Darkhalen
An awesome race, i get little shudders every time i see them.

steverules
Here's a cool little picture I found

Raoul
i wonder if we'll ever see the borg again...

steverules
I hope so...think the first time I saw them was.....Star Trek voyager scorpion part 2, I found them to be so amazing

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Raoul
i wonder if we'll ever see the borg again...

i wonder if they will get a cameo in the new film........then again it is based of the earlier star trek enterprise.

steverules
They weren't even known then messed

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
i wonder if they will get a cameo in the new film........then again it is based of the earlier star trek enterprise.

As far as I know, no borg in this..

Locutus of Borg..

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh180/DARKCAEDUS/LocutusOfBorg2367.jpg

steverules
Locutus, the most surprising Borg of all time...No one ever expected that Picard would become a member of the collective...I woulda liked to have seen that last a little longer and maybe have Riker captain the enterprise, he was sooo cool and I can see why he was Picards no.1, he would make a great captain

Badabing
Is it wrong to want a 6 of 9 with Seven Of Nine?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Badabing
Is it wrong to want a 6 of 9 with Seven Of Nine?

Not at all

steverules
That would be interesting

Scoobless
Originally posted by starlock
Well i played the game Star Trek Legacy and the extras had a Borg origin....it seems that Vygr-from the first star trek movie was the begining of the borg, and when it took the form of a woman and merged with that guy who stayed behind....it was the start of the borg's desire for perfection.....thats off the top of my head...and i know its a game, just thought i would throw it out there

That .... would make some sense (I suppose) except for the fact that V-ger seemed more powerful than a Borg cube.

So what do you guys think about the Replicators from Stargate? think they could take out the Borg?

jaden101
Originally posted by Scoobless

So what do you guys think about the Replicators from Stargate? think they could take out the Borg?

it's an interesting question since they both effectively assimilate other technologies...would the borg nano-probes be able to assimilate the replicators

although i would think that if the replicators can take out the Asgard (or at least cause massive problems) then they should be able to cope with the Borg

steverules
I saw Q who again, it really was a great episode, it was nice to see it again

Scoobless
Originally posted by steverules
I read on wiki that there was going to be an episode of enterprise where we were going to get to see the origin of the borg queen but that never happened which was rather dissapointing.

I just watched Enterprise: Season 2 Episode 23 "Regeneration"

If you haven't seen it, it involves the finding of 2 frozen Borg drones in the Arctic Circle who were left over from the Borg invasion seen in First Contact.

At the end of the episode it was revealed that these Borg drones sent a sub-space message to the Delta Quadrant giving details of how to locate Earth, then goes on to say that a sub-space message would take 200 years to travel that far so they shouldn't expect an invasion until at least the 24th Century.

I liked this episode, but it suggests that the Next Gen episode where Q initiates Star Fleets "first" encounter with the Borg was not the reason that they decided to assimilate Earth.

If this were the case then Q probably knew about this impending attack and he sent the Enterprise D to the Delta Quadrant solely to prepare the humans of the era to learn how to defend themselves against the Borg.

A lot of people didn't like Enterprise and said it messed too much with what they see as Star Fleet continuity (especially regarding Klingons) but it was episodes like this that I found made the series really enjoyable.

smile

steverules
I would really like to see that episode with the frozen borg, it sounded interesting big grin

Scoobless
I figured with it being a few years old I didn't need spoiler tags.

embarrasment

steverules
It's ok smile No need for spoiler tags for something thats old really.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.