Live-Action TMNT movie 2010

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MarvelPartyMan
It's true people. TMNT is going back to the live-action films. I found out by one of my friends who found out online. For you turtle fans out there this might be winner. In my opinion i hope they go for a darker version yet to seen like how Chris Nolan did with the batman movies. I dont want to see a kiddy PG movie. If they even think about that then they should give up then b/c they're only wasting their time and money.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/07/16/new-live-action-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-movie-in-the-works/

ragesRemorse
hmm...

Im just curious to see how they handle the suits. I still think the suits that were used in the first movie are impressive. They gradually got worse from movie to movie. I agree though, i think the turtles work best under a dark light. The comics were always fairly mature and the first movie was surprisingly mature. They will have to find a compromising balance though. The turtles are first and foremost a kids story. As much i would like to see an R rated turtles and as much as i think it could work. I don't think it would go over well with most people. I do hope that they at least use their weapons. I remember when parents were bitching and moaning about the weapons violence in the first movie. Their complaints caused the turtles to use sausage links and yo yo's as weapons rahter than nunchuks and sai's in future movie's sad

MarvelPartyMan
WTF??!!!!!!!! Playmates which was going to help create the new TMNT movie is taking away the Live-Action part. Check the same website but look at updates and it says something about. sorry guys i think we see another cgi TMNT in 2010. DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BruceSkywalker
WTF...

dadudemon
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
As much i would like to see an R rated turtles...

Are we talking full turtle boob shots(the turtle nipples and everything), and minute long turtle grinding scenes?

FoxMeister
RADICAL rock
qI0FbYe3lRE

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by dadudemon
Are we talking full turtle boob shots(the turtle nipples and everything), and minute long turtle grinding scenes?

laughing laughing laughing

Wolfie
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
hmm...

Im just curious to see how they handle the suits. I still think the suits that were used in the first movie are impressive. They gradually got worse from movie to movie. I agree though, i think the turtles work best under a dark light. The comics were always fairly mature and the first movie was surprisingly mature. They will have to find a compromising balance though. The turtles are first and foremost a kids story. As much i would like to see an R rated turtles and as much as i think it could work. I don't think it would go over well with most people. I do hope that they at least use their weapons. I remember when parents were bitching and moaning about the weapons violence in the first movie. Their complaints caused the turtles to use sausage links and yo yo's as weapons rahter than nunchuks and sai's in future movie's sad
That's lovely. Instead of showing kids how the Ninja Turtles fight with swords and nunchucks, show them how to hurt someone with a yo-yo, an item that any child can get his hands on.

And in regards to the maturity of the first Ninja Turtles, I thought Rafael yelling "damn" every scene was interesting for a kids movie.

In any case, I don't think TMNT should go back to live action. I only saw bits and pieces of the CGI movie, but I think it's much more impressive than the live action movies were. I'm thinking in particular at the end when they're jumping rooftop to rooftop with the outer monologue. People in costumes can't make it look that good.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by dadudemon

yeah, thats not the direction i was thinking, but your idea is good too.

Myth
If it were to be live action, I think it would be with CGI characters ala the "live action" Transformers.

Toku King
I need to go get a Turtles costume for 2010 now.

Toku King
Originally posted by MarvelPartyMan
I dont want to see a kiddy PG movie.

The first one was PG, and I'll be damned if the original wasn't phenomenal.

Myth
Originally posted by Toku King

I don't like the original. I liked it as a kid, but I watched it about a month ago and realized how lame it really was. The added sound effects ruined it for me. It had Three Stooges-like noises when they fought and that just bugged me. Nastalga can only help so much. The only TMNT movie that I like now that I grew up is the CGI one.

Toku King
Originally posted by Myth
I don't like the original. I liked it as a kid, but I watched it about a month ago and realized how lame it really was. The added sound effects ruined it for me. It had Three Stooges-like noises when they fought and that just bugged me. Nastalga can only help so much. The only TMNT movie that I like now that I grew up is the CGI one.

I watched it again not too long ago as well, but I still loved it. Strong dialogue, good action, great pacing, and awesome costumes.

BruceSkywalker
If this going to be re made I hope their will be some kick arse martial arts moves.

=Tired Hiker=
I think they should mutate actual turtles to really become those characters.

Toku King
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I think they should mutate actual turtles to really become those characters.

But consider the alternative.
http://riphoudouso.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/gamera1.jpg

Menetnashté
It was probably meant for PG-13. I don't think they had it back when it came out though.
But consider the alternative.
http://riphoudouso.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/gamera1.jpg
...Sacrifices must be made.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.