Angelina Jolie interested in Catwoman?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=9566&count=0

Mairuzu
She'd be good imo.

Da Joker
She's hotter than Michelle and she's a better actress so she'd be a great Catwoman. God I'd love to see her Catwoman.

WrathfulDwarf
Ugh! No thank you.

Get an actress with less media attention.

SelinaAndBruce
HELL NO!!!!!!

BruceSkywalker
I've always liked Angelina Jolie. Great actress and great on the eyes. She would be perrrfect for the role. Now look forward to next rumor

roughrider
Uh huh. Like she was 'interested' in playing Ava Lord in Sin City 2? She had Robert Rodriguez chase her like a puppy for a year or two, and in the end the film still hasn't been made.
How old will she be in two years, when they start shooting the third film?

Da Joker
I don't see why people are hating on Jolie, the woman's talented.

celestialdemon
Angelina Jolie is definitely hotter than Michelle Pfieffer but she's not a better actress in my opinion. That's not to say Jolie can't act. She's a great actress, too. She's just not on Pfeiffer's level...yet.

That being said, I can still see her playing the part of Catwoman. She'd definitely fill in the yummy factor.

SelinaAndBruce
I think she's an overrated actress and I would prefer someone more unknown. Angelina is so big now I doubt she can disappear into a high profile role like that. I don't want Catwoman to be Angelina in leather, I want her to be CATWOMAN.

Da Joker
Stop playa hatin', yo.

http://www.jurassicpunk.com/stars/angelinajolie/aj5.jpg

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Da Joker
Stop playa hatin', yo.

http://www.jurassicpunk.com/stars/angelinajolie/aj5.jpg

Thats one of the best pictures I've seen of her.

Mairuzu
sextastic

sithsaber408
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Thats one of the best pictures I've seen of her.

That's because it's from 10 years ago! LOL. Looks like right around when she made Gia.

Da Joker
She's still as hot as ever fo sho.

BruceSkywalker

Yes she is. Whether the pic is ten years old or ten days old.

SelinaAndBruce
And I still don't want her to be catwoman, lol

Da Joker
She'd be a great Catwoman...much better than Depp would be as Batman. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Altar[1stONE]
She looks like her dad.

Bat Dude

Yeah right...

Kate Beckinsale is WAY hotter than Angelina Jolie... Jolie is overrated, in acting and in looks...

If Catwoman MUST be in #3, Kate is the way to go, imo...

But I'm still firmly against the rotation, so...

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Ugh! No thank you.

I agree. This series of the Bat franchise calls for serious actors, and actresses. Unlike the previous generation which was like "Hey Jim Carrey is the hot item of the month, lets get him!"

roughrider
Originally posted by Altar
She looks like her dad.
Her dad was a very good-looking guy, in his younger days. big grin

Altar[1stONE]
they both resemble puffer fish, im sorry.

http://www.ineedtostopsoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/puffer_fish_train_sm.gif

Devil King
Now look forward to next rumor

Very much the truth. I think she'd do well in the role, depending on how it's written. But at this point every casting descision is little more than fan speculation. Besides, Nolan has a track record of going with actors that don't always fit the fan dreamgasm. At this point, I think most fans are asking themselves who can top or rival the performance given by Ms. Pfeiffer, but Mr. Nolan's vision may not need a "better than" compromise; much as Ledger's performance illustrated. The sooner we all understand this isn't a competition with the Burton, et al, versions of the Batman mythos the better prepared we'll be.

ragesRemorse
Ugh! No thank you.

Vinny Valentine
How about no catwoman, because her role in the batman movies is ridiculously over rated.

Da Joker
I do agree about that. While I think it'd be cool to see her, everyone's like for every Batman movie "OMG! WE NEED CATWOMAN!" They did it for TDK and were saying she needed to be in the second movie. If she doesn't appear in the third movie and Nolan decides to go further, there's no doubt that they'll say she needs to be in the fourth movie.

Endrict Nuul
I agree with most of the points that have already been made, but still imo it's a good pick. Kate Beckinsale is also a great pick.

Da Joker
Kate would be the better pick, but that's not to say Jolie couldn't do the role justice. Scarlett Johansson is still my top pick.

Mairuzu
I wouldn't mind Jolie

but i agree with Kate being better for the part

imagine her in the cat costume droolio

Da Joker
Oh God....it'd be even better than the leather costumes she wore for the Underworld movies....

sithsaber408
Kate is the best choice.

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/MMPH/C56349~Kate-Beckinsale-Posters.jpg

While ScarJo is pretty and all, she's too young. Kate is 35, you know... a grown up! Like all the others in these films now that the vapid katie holmes is gone.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Mairuzu
but i agree with Kate being better for the part

imagine her in the cat costume droolio

*imagines Kate Beckinsale in cat costume*

eek!

Now THAT would be nice...

However, Catwoman is part of the never ending rotation, which needs to end...

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Bat Dude
*imagines Kate Beckinsale in cat costume*

eek!

Now THAT would be nice...

However, Catwoman is part of the never ending rotation, which needs to end... And joker isnt?

Bat Dude
And joker isnt?

Yes, he is...

Along with Riddler, Penguin, Catwoman, and Two-Face...

Mairuzu
It can't end, they are most popular

majority rules

Bat Dude
It can't end, they are most popular

majority rules

Yes, they are most popular, but do they have to be in nearly EVERY film? (the only two films to NOT include at least one of those 5 are B&R and Begins)

Begins taught us that you don't need the rotation to make a good Batman film... I think if Nolan started delving deeper into Batman's rouges gallery, he'd find someone interesting and good to use for a film...

Mairuzu
All about the money makin. I personally want to see other villains

Deadshot

Reaper

etc

Bat Dude
All about the money makin. I personally want to see other villains

Deadshot

Reaper

etc

Woot! Reaper, Talia (w/ League of Shadows), and Hush are my top 3 villains they could use...

And Deadshot rounds it out in 4th...

I didn't mind Two-Face and Joker in TDK, because those were stories they HAD to tell (Joker card at the end of Begins and the DA dying in Begins) and that really needed to be told (we never got Harvey's transformation on screen before TDK)

But now they have a chance to tell a completely new story... I REALLY hope they don't take the easy way out and just put Riddler and Catwoman in the 3rd movie...

Mairuzu
I bet they will.

atharpina
they can have several villians at once! theyve already had several in each movie and shown they can make it work...

BB- scarecrow, ras, falcone, zsasz

TDK- joker, twoface, scarecrow, maroni, the russian, and all the other mobsters

i mean these movies havent exactly prided themselves on the back story of villains so far.. i mean two face is the only one who we really are told why he does wat he does and thats told within the movie... so having several villians(some rotation and some brand new) would be awesome.

Mr Parker
She'd be good imo.

yeah I agree,she would be a great Catwoman.

Da Joker
Yeah, people are just haters. She's not overrated. She's in the mixed category...some people like her, some hate her. Quite frankly I don't see why anyone hates her.

BruceSkywalker
Yeah, people are just haters. She's not overrated. She's in the mixed category...some people like her, some hate her. Quite frankly I don't see why anyone hates her.

I don't why either. I've always liked her..

Bat Dude

I think she's very overrated, and would tie the movie down with so much media bullshit that nobody wants to see...

She's NOT an amazing actress... She's decent AT BEST...

Da Joker
If you say so....I don't see her getting too much media attention. The fad now seems that everyone who gets praise is overrated.

BruceSkywalker
If you say so....I don't see her getting too much media attention. The fad now seems that everyone who gets praise is overrated.

Its beyond me why that is. If Angelina Jolie were to be hired to portray Selina Kyle/Catwoman, I see that as another great performance by a very hot and talented actress. She also brings to the table the fact that she is an academy award winning actress and will bring Selina to life the way she was meant to be.

Deathstroke
I like Kate for Catwoman.

As for villains for the next movie I'd like to see Deadshot paired with bigger name villain.

Da Joker
Its beyond me why that is. If Angelina Jolie were to be hired to portray Selina Kyle/Catwoman, I see that as another great performance by a very hot and talented actress. She also brings to the table the fact that she is an academy award winning actress and will bring Selina to life the way she was meant to be.

It's like this now adays:

Man: was great in that new movie!
Other man: *yawns* Overrated

No one wants to say when someone has a good career or has been making good movies, but are quick to say that a person is overrated.

Da Joker
Originally posted by Deathstroke
I like Kate for Catwoman.

As for villains for the next movie I'd like to see Deadshot paired with bigger name villain.

First off, nice sig. cool

Also, I agree with Kate for Catwoman, she already knows some moves, so zip her up in a suit, take on an America esque voice, and act her ass off. She's one of the best actresses in Hollywood to date. As for Deadshot, I'd like to see him possibly paired with Bane or something. All they'd have to do is make him a heavily skilled fighter who is bigger than Batman & has access to a special steroid drug, which isn't far fetched at all.

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/722/bane010tu.jpg

BruceSkywalker

No one wants to say when someone has a good career or has been making good movies, but are quick to say that a person is overrated.

I agree

Da Joker
So, do you think Jolie will accept the role if it's truly being offered to her.

Bat Dude

Actually, I have no problem admitting Kate Beckinsale is an attractive, talented actress...

But imo, Angelina Jolie is neither of those...

Da Joker
You say that, but most people who do are the same ones running right behind a celebrity they "hate." A good example is 50 Cent: People were on camera saying "Yeah, **** that nigga" but then on a DVD of 50 Cent that came out, those same people were running up behind him in his car, and he was even nice enough to give those bastards money.

Jolie is talented, and is beautiful. She doesn't get "too much" media attention, because my mom watches the news all the time and says she hasn't seen her too much lately, so that's moot. Stop hating on people. I could see someone saying "I don't like that person" and leaving it at that, but it gets tiresome to hear someone constantly rip on someone. Give it a rest.

Endrict Nuul
You say that, but most people who do are the same ones running right behind a celebrity they "hate." A good example is 50 Cent: People were on camera saying "Yeah, **** that nigga" but then on a DVD of 50 Cent that came out, those same people were running up behind him in his car, and he was even nice enough to give those bastards money.

Jolie is talented, and is beautiful. She doesn't get "too much" media attention, because my mom watches the news all the time and says she hasn't seen her too much lately, so that's moot. Stop hating on people. I could see someone saying "I don't like that person" and leaving it at that, but it gets tiresome to hear someone constantly rip on someone. Give it a rest.

I agree....

Bat Dude

When exactly was the part when I "constantly ripped on someone"? I must have missed that part confused

I said she's overrated and that I think she's not only not that pretty, but not that talented... I only brought it up twice (once to say she was overrated, and once to say she wasn't that attractive)... I didn't "constantly rip into her" as you say I have...

The only thing I've talked about a lot recently is how much I hate the constant rotation of Bat Villains that NEVER STOPS... I haven't continued talking about Angelina Jolie, because I don't care about Angelina Jolie, or her films... She can do what she wants, but I pray to God she isn't in a Batman movie...

There, now I'm done, are you happy now?

Da Joker
Jolie is very talented but if you don't she is, that's you. I want to see her in a Batman movie. But again, my top choice is Scarlett.

SelinaAndBruce
What actress out there gets MORE media attention than Angelina Jolie right now?! Cuz I can't think of a one.

Da Joker
You guys are taking something and running with it. I don't even see her on the TV all the time, so stop with the lies, please.

SelinaAndBruce
Are you kidding me? She's been all over the news for giving birth to twins and she and Brad are on the cover of many of the entertainment gossip mags for having becoming pregnant invitro. And they've really been media fodder ever since Brad and Jen broke up and she and he got together and started adopting children from all over the world

Da Joker
Oh please...what's wrong with them being on magazine covers. It's like "HE'S BEEN ON THREE MAGAZINE COVERS RECENTLY! IT'S TOO MUCH MEDIA ATTENTION BECAUSE I DON'T GET ANY!"

BruceSkywalker
So, do you think Jolie will accept the role if it's truly being offered to her.

She might if/when it is actually given to her. I'm sure next week I will read that Jessica Biel is up for the role.

Devil King
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
How about no catwoman, because her role in the batman movies is ridiculously over rated.

I think she's a pretty important figure in the batman universe. I don't disagree that lesser known villains could be used in the films, but the idea that the stories can be told without the main characters that have been around for 70 years, like the Joker, is like reading the bible with all the Mary or Peter moments cut out. That sounds like an extreme comparison, but I hope you get my point.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Devil King
I think she's a pretty important figure in the batman universe. I don't disagree that lesser known villains could be used in the films, but the idea that the stories can be told without the main characters that have been around for 70 years, like the Joker, is like reading the bible with all the Mary or Peter moments cut out. That sounds like an extreme comparison, but I hope you get my point.

Actually, imo, a Batman film without Joker, Two-Face, Catwoman, Penguin, or Riddler is NOTHING like the Bible without Mary or Peter...

Just me, though...

SelinaAndBruce
Batman can make it without Catwoman

sithsaber408
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
Are you kidding me? She's been all over the news for giving birth to twins and she and Brad are on the cover of many of the entertainment gossip mags for having becoming pregnant invitro. And they've really been media fodder ever since Brad and Jen broke up and she and he got together and started adopting children from all over the world

QFT.

Angelina Jolie is quite literally the most famous, most talked about, most photographed actress on the planet right now.

Try naming another who's bigger than her.

I don't want her as the top choice, I prefer Kate. It wouldn't suck if Angelina got it, but she's too big name. She'd pull people out of the story.

And Da Joker, you can admit that she's highly publicized and still like her. Stop acting like she isn't the most hyped actress ever just cuz you think she's hot and want her in Batman 3. stick out tongue

WrathfulDwarf
Why is she showing interest now?

Is it because the franchise is susccesful at the box office?

Is it because is the most talk about movie of the summer?

Is it because there are two main stories in Entertainmnent? One is her twins the other involves the TDK. She feels the need to be mention in the other story as well?

I don't buy it. Nice try Angelina. Get me another actress to play Catwoman...there are many out there...

super pr*xy
if jolie was casted to play catwoman, she would overshadow everybody on that cast of characters list. with that being said, the movie might be unfairly criticized just because of her acting, especially if she plays a bad catwoman.

Raoul
Why is she showing interest now?

Is it because the franchise is susccesful at the box office?

Is it because is the most talk about movie of the summer?

Is it because there are two main stories in Entertainmnent? One is her twins the other involves the TDK. She feels the need to be mention in the other story as well?

I don't buy it. Nice try Angelina. Get me another actress to play Catwoman...there are many out there...

aye.

Altar[1stONE]
She cant act , her accent in tomb raider, makes me want to puke. And I knew someone would pull out the old kate bekansale card. Honestly now....she sucked in underworld, i never liked her playing that kinda character, her voice in that movie drives me bonkers as well. And she aint hot, charlize theron or milla jovovich pulled off that goth/industrial heroin thing far better. Thats just my opinion, i enjoy underworld and everything about it, just not her. Come on use your head, and do some research , im sure you can find a more qualified actress to be a decent cat woman.

roughrider
I just want avoid stunt casting for these roles. I mean, was Heath Ledger's on anyone's list prior to his casting?

SelinaAndBruce
^^I don't think so. And there has to be some other brunette out there who can do this

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by roughrider
I just want avoid stunt casting for these roles. I mean, was Heath Ledger's on anyone's list prior to his casting?

Yes Ledger was on several peoples list including those over at Warner Bros. Although WB may say something different. Besides I think we all should take every rumor that is going to be out there will a grain a salt.

Bat Dude
Yes Ledger was on several peoples list including those over at Warner Bros. Although WB may say something different. Besides I think we all should take every rumor that is going to be out there will a grain a salt.

Actually, I had come back here during the casting rumors phase, and I remember it being pretty different...

I didn't hear about Heath Ledger at all... I saw people talking about Crispin Glover, Paul Bettany, Sean Penn, and etc., but NEVER was Heath Ledger mentioned until AFTER he was cast...

SelinaAndBruce
Yea Bat dude I wasn't here but I don't remember any one on any other boards guessing Heath before the big announcement.

Impediment
She's overrated.

Da Joker
B.S.

Altar[1stONE]
Actually, I had come back here during the casting rumors phase, and I remember it being pretty different...

I didn't hear about Heath Ledger at all... I saw people talking about Crispin Glover, Paul Bettany, Sean Penn, and etc., but NEVER was Heath Ledger mentioned until AFTER he was cast...

aye, i remember that . And i see now, why they werent picked.

Da Joker
Shit, I'm glad Heath was cast, his role has inspired me in many ways.

BruceSkywalker

Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
Yea Bat dude I wasn't here but I don't remember any one on any other boards guessing Heath before the big announcement.

Ledger was most likely a secret, but I found out. I'm not one to list every actor/actress up for a role.

hermione7
if there's catwoman.. i love kate to do it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxaQow22TDQ

.. but angelina's alright
love her in mr and mrs smith

Da Joker
Beckinsale shall always be a top choice.

SelinaAndBruce
I'm not interested in Beckinsale either

Da Joker
You're not really interested in any woman besides Catwoman and yourself.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.