What's in store for humans?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Da Joker
Here's a thread where you discuss what you think shall happen to humans.

Personally, I think if we don't destroy ourselves we'll evolve into something that'll possibly be godlike.

Of course I could be crazy, dreaming, optimistic, or all three. big grin

Grand_Moff_Gav
It depends, so hard to say...nothing might happen, we could stay this way forever...or we might be destroyed in the next four seconds...

Deja~vu
Very optimistic view, thread starter. I hope you're right.

Da Joker
I do as well, I think we could become something much more than what we are now. I'm dead serious when I say this...but one of the main things holding us back are obesity. It's because that obese people may have children, which makes the gene pool weaker and passes on disease. If people took better care of themselves, then we'd be so much closer to evolving. We'll get there, though, and if we do, maybe we'd be able to create our own Olympus where we live in an eternally peaceful place? I could be dreaming or I could be dead on the mark. Either way, I'll probably never find out.

Deja~vu
obese people? blink

Da Joker
Dude, when you're obese, you get diseases like diabetes. That's weakening the race, especially when they decide they want kids and shit like that.

Jbill311
Humans have been evolving, we are generally bigger (in height AND weight) than we were even 300 years ago. Without a selection pressure to select towards the "godlike" end of the spectrum, I don't predict any drastic changes. In fact, it is presumptuous to assume that humans have a "more important" role in the biological community than earthworms. To me we do, as I am a human (as far as you know) but on a large scale, humans are just as important as any other species. We are currently more important because we are killing off the other species, but that isn't important in a good way, that is our threat to the biological community on earth. Our planet would probably be better off if we weren't here at all. (I love it here, but that's probably selfish of me)

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Da Joker
what you think shall happen to humans.

more of the same and then some more

The only thing that will ever change is our skin color. One day after Centuries of interracial breeding we will be 8 feet tall and grey with big heads and large eyes. Other than that im sure we will all me running around trying to figure out the same, "Why are we here?" questions while killing each other in the process.

Da Joker
I still believe we're going to involve into something else within the next few thousand years, if we don't destroy ourselves. It could be entirely possible, or we could evolve into a better race, but nothing godlike. Only time will tell.

DigiMark007
Prediction?

Pain

Magee
Assuming we progress the same as we are now. In a thousand years the average human will be plagued by all kinds of disease, physical and mental problems due to ever growing numbers of people with weak gene pools breeding and being passed down through the generations. Of course this is just my guess based on current trends, gene therapy has made huge progress so it is more than likely technology would solve this problem by way of dna manipulation. Regardless of what we may evolve in to we won't survive very long on this planet even if we rule out self extinction and natural cause. Again going by current rates in 1000 years time the human population will be well over 100 billion. However to answer your question "What's in store for humans?", extinction is inevitable.

Da Joker
Not inevitable. I think human's could survive and become gods only if we get better as a whole species.

Shakyamunison
Not inevitable. I think human's could survive and become gods only if we get better as a whole species.

Ya, we are doomed. sad

Da Joker
C'mon, we gotta maintain a more positive attitude than that. We don't want our race to end, so it's up to us to make sure it doesn't.

Magee
Seriously define god in this context. Do you mean live for ever / longer,supernatural powers or what? You are living in some sort of fantasy land or maybe you are just young and naive. What is your possitive attitude going to do if a 2 mile wide asteroid hits the planet? It's not up to us whether or not we become another extinct species, not at all.

Phantom Zone

Personally, I think if we don't destroy ourselves we'll evolve into something that'll possibly be godlike.

Agreed, Scientists have speculated that nanotechnology in the future will actually be able create matter. If it advances enough humans will actually make reality with nanotechnology.

Mandos
We'll destroy one another, it already started. In 75 years, we suffered great losses, and it's getting worst and worst as time goes by. It's inevitable. But I don't worry about that too much. Can't alter the human race's faith. I know it's pessimistict and that some people won't agree with me, but the proofs are there. We'll never be a united world. That means we'll never agree completely to one another, which means that we'll fight between one another.

Those who speak of the United Nations....
it sucks. Better than the society of Nations, but still sucks. I've studied it in political sciences, and have considered doing a master with this subject. Trust me, before we even get close to a near-perfect world organisation, it will be too late for us. Let's just enjoy our rootbeer and popcorn while watching movies.

(I'm only talking about the human factor, but let,s not forget the irreversible damage done to nature and other problems the world leaders have failed to correct)

superr
We really dont know, most of our quesses are wide of the mark. -That dosent frighten me ,in a way i find it hopeful and beautiful.

"Hope springs eternal in the human breast" Alexander Pope.

leonheartmm
despair, self annihlation and suffering. or delusions in the meantime.

TRH
Every Single Person is going to die.
Anyone who argues this point is an idiot.

Deja~vu
Unless we become more unselfish, we will probably destroy ourselves.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Mandos

(I'm only talking about the human factor, but let,s not forget the irreversible damage done to nature and other problems the world leaders have failed to correct)

Thats probably why scientists are doing alot of research on Mars.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.