Off Topic Circle Jerk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
This thread, my friends, is where we can vent all of our emotions when things get too heated, or where we can discuss versus matches without making a thread, per se, or where we, the posters of the MVF, can socialize. Consider this the OTF thread of the MVF.

I doubt I need to remind anyone, but all KMC Rules and Regs still apply here. Behave! stick out tongue

Röland
Hooray!

Impediment
We still need to come to a consensus about a new MVF rule that will prevent anymore shitstorms from happening (canon/law/physics/changes).

Bardock42
Originally posted by Impediment
We still need to come to a consensus about a new MVF rule that will prevent anymore shitstorms from happening (canon/law/physics/changes).

I'd keep movie only for now and maybe give non-Canon (if specified) a try in a few months, as long as it isn't abused.

Impediment
So what would you propose for a new rule?

Here is what I had in mind:

New Rule #1: The thread starter, when making a new thread, will provide ground rules for the match in question. These rules are: location, time, equipment, abilities, and handicaps, if any. Ground rules that have been set will not change, as it will create mass confusion.

New Rule #2: Any match in the MVF will use movie canon law. The physics/abilities/surroundings will be the same as was in the respective movie of each combatant.

Sound good? Any suggestions for revision?

Bardock42

New Rule #1: The thread starter, when making a new thread, will provide ground rules for the match in question. These rules are: location, time, equipment, abilities, and handicaps, if any. Ground rules that have been set will not change, as it will create mass confusion.

New Rule #2: Any match in the MVF will use movie canon law. The physics/abilities/surroundings will be the same as was in the respective movie of each combatant.

I'd leave surroundings out. But except for that I think those are good rules for a smooth debate.

But, what could happen is that we have 50 different sets of Han Solo vs. Batman debates, each with a different setting for example....

Impediment
You don"t think that the surrounds would affect anything?

Bardock42

I am not exactly sure a) what you mean with surroundings and b) how you could ensure that the surroundings of both movies are met.

Impediment
I mean a mutual surrounding that will stay and not randomly change.

BruceSkywalker

I don't have problems withe these two new rules, except for time and handicaps.

Impediment
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I don't have problems withe these two new rules, except for time and handicaps.

How so?

Lemme know, guys. I'm making these rules for you. Tell me why.

Bardock42
I mean a mutual surrounding that will stay and not randomly change.

Oh, yeah, I think surroundings should be part of Rule 1, it just confuses me in Rule 2.

Impediment
What about Gauntlets? Would those kind of threads be fun, you think? I've had a few requests for them, actually.

dadudemon

Environment is a huge part of a vs. debate.

Take Neo vs. Luke Skywalker.

Outside of the Matrix, Neo gets his ass handed to him without any effort on Luke's part.

BruceSkywalker
To me when I make a thread I never really consider time a factor. It doesn't matter to me if a match starts at night or during the day. As for handicaps, if you handicap one person/team then the other should also be handicapped to make for a fair match. In most matches the time of a match really isn't a factor whether or not a person/team wins or loses., Unless its stated by the thread starter that so and so has a certain amount of time to win or lose then I can see time being a factor.

Bardock42
What about Gauntlets? Would those kind of threads be fun, you think? I've had a few requests for them, actually.

I personally don't like them, but if others do then why not...

BruceSkywalker

Gauntlets are fun. I've done a couple in the comics v. forum.

Impediment
Originally posted by Bardock42
I personally don't like them, but if others do then why not...

So you're not opposed?

Bardock42
So you're not opposed?

Nah. I don't think there's anything wrong with them as such, and I am sure they can be fun for some. I just won't participate.

Of course they'd probably need special rules.

Impediment
True.

Peach
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
To me when I make a thread I never really consider time a factor. It doesn't matter to me if a match starts at night or during the day. As for handicaps, if you handicap one person/team then the other should also be handicapped to make for a fair match. In most matches the time of a match really isn't a factor whether or not a person/team wins or loses., Unless its stated by the thread starter that so and so has a certain amount of time to win or lose then I can see time being a factor.

What about if the handicap were to make a character more comparable to another for the purposes of making the match more fair?

Gauntlets seem to be pretty popular, there's always a few active around my forum.

Impediment
I have to agree with that.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Peach
What about if the handicap were to make a character more comparable to another for the purposes of making the match more fair?

Gauntlets seem to be pretty popular, there's always a few active around my forum.

I see no problems with that as long as the thread starter specifies it. . It should make for more good matches

Impediment
Idea for a new MVF Amendment:

Gauntlet matches and Army fights.

Does this sound like a good idea?

Rogue Jedi
thumb up and thumb up

Impediment
You don't think that this has potential for a cluster f*ck?

Rogue Jedi
Oh hell yeah it does haermm

Blax_Hydralisk
No...

They both work fine in the other vs. forums.

BruceSkywalker

Does this sound like a good idea?

It's a good idea.

Rogue Jedi

Does this sound like a good idea? Gues I'll get the ball rolling on the Army versus Army thing. wink

Impediment
Fine by me.

Lemme know if I can moll over another rule.

Impediment
Updated Rule #4 in the Rules Thread to include Army/Group matches.

Impediment
facepalm

(me talking to myself)

Why do I have to be so lenient sometimes? I wish, sometimes, I was as strict as Ushgarak and could just do what needs to be done.

dadudemon
facepalm

(me talking to myself)

Why do I have to be so lenient sometimes? I wish, sometimes, I was as strict as Ushgarak and could just do what needs to be done.

Naaaaaah. You're doing fine. However, after Placidty's last post, I would have banned him for 3 days. That was a bit over the line after you gave out a non-warning warning.

I think it's fun to throw insults at each other until it gets too serious. Mature adults usually know where to draw the line on the insulting.

Besides, spiderman is awesome and can hold his own against most in the fantasy world...but not a good Jedi or Sith. big grin Placidty knows that. He's frustrated for other reasons. I've disagreed with RJ in the past and it probably went on for pages...however, it never ended up like this...so they're doin' it wrong, man!

Rogue Jedi
What movie is that from? "You're doing it wrong?"

Impediment
So what is the deal with the Spider-Man/Jedi Order thread? I apologize for my lack of presence as of late, but work has been kicking my ass.

What seems to be the problem? I have gotten a few PMs today.

Sadako of Girth
It seems to have gone down like this...

Dadudamon was citing a lot of feats from the EU material including the CW cartoon. (The original one) while decrying stuff we saw on screen. RJ asserted that Anakin landed the Half a ship with the force in ROTS, but beyond that has been pro-canon.

That leads onto argument 2.

This was regards to the clash between the canons of the CW movie and all existing canon before (Anakin having an apprentice himself pre jedi master status, Grevious clearly having his movie appearance already, as opposed to the original CW cartoon, where he walks hunched and coughs becuse Mace force crushed him at the battle of coruscant in the cartoon. etc)

(Despite canon being that Jedi dont use their powers for attack anyway.)

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth

Dadudamon was citing a lot of feats from the EU material including the CW cartoon. (The original one) while decrying stuff we saw on screen. RJ asserted that Anakin landed the Half a ship with the force in ROTS, but beyond that has been pro-canon.

This was regards to the clash between the canons of the CW movie and all existing canon before (Anakin having an apprentice himself pre jedi master status, Grevious clearly having his movie appearance already, as opposed to the original CW cartoon, where he walks hunched and coughs becuse Mace force crushed him at the battle of coruscant in the cartoon. etc)

(Despite canon being that Jedi dont use their powers for attack anyway.) I implied that he used the force in addition to his kickass piloting skills to land the ship.

And we see Jedi use their powers for attack time and time again.

Sadako of Girth
So Yoda just pulled that out of his ass..?

Yodas teachings to Luke were probably revised by 21 years of sitting around in a swamp thinking "Oooopsss. Beat, my ass got last time I went on the attack."

Rogue Jedi
It really depends on what your definition of "defense" is.

dadudemon

Dadudamon was citing a lot of feats from the EU material including the CW cartoon.

That is a very gross misrepresentation. The only thing I cited, as an aside, which later was unecceassry, was force crush being canon or non-canon. It is canon, and therefore, it is not EU.

The only thing left to see is if it's partially canon for Mace. (I still have to go back and watch the commentary to see how "real" it is.)

You can mention the H2H thing of Maces, but I'm quite sure I mentioned that being EU/non-canon.

(The original one) while decrying stuff we saw on screen.

What stuff?

This is clearly a writing problem and not an issue of canon non-canon. Like I said, hold off on conclusions until I get the commentary.

(Despite canon being that Jedi dont use their powers for attack anyway.)

That's wrong. Mace was going to execute Sidious. Anakin killed before falling to the dark side...but he doesn't really count. Yoda fought Dooku with some pretty good fury on form IV which is the heavily force assisted fighting form. Obi used force Jump and form IV to get a suprise attack on Darth Maul. Luke used force choke, a dark side power, against the gamoreans. Etc. etc. etc.

So Yoda just pulled that out of his ass..?

Yodas teachings to Luke were probably revised by 21 years of sitting around in a swamp thinking "Oooopsss. Beat, my ass got last time I went on the attack."

laughing laughing laughing

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by dadudemon
1)That is a very gross misrepresentation. The only thing I cited, as an aside, which later was unecceassry, was force crush being canon or non-canon. It is canon, and therefore, it is not EU.

The only thing left to see is if it's partially canon for Mace. (I still have to go back and watch the commentary to see how "real" it is.)

You can mention the H2H thing of Maces, but I'm quite sure I mentioned that being EU/non-canon.

2)What stuff?

3) This is clearly a writing problem and not an issue of canon non-canon. Like I said, hold off on conclusions until I get the commentary.

That's wrong. Mace was going to execute Sidious. Anakin killed before falling to the dark side...

1) No its not.

2) The Flash Thompson fight scene showing how much faster Peter percieves time with Spidey sense.

3) It is because there was enough conflict to generate this discussion.

4) As I proved with that video, there is enough of the way Sidious plays that whole deal to indictate ambigiously granted that he was playing with Mace, satlling til the moment Anakin arrived.

It was a way to get Senate sympathy and Anakin's defence.
When Mace defelected the lightning back at Palps I disrupted his masking. His true appearance another thing to blame on the Jedi.
(He lies about everything he tells the senate including that.)

Evidence to support it:

1)The clear way that you can see him feigning a more vulnerable condition than he was in: "I cant hold it anylonger Im too weak...too weak..." Next minute BLAMMMMMM ultra stron force lightning's mace out the window.

2) TWICE in that fight, Mace is found with his center line open, arms out either side, with Palp's lightsabre right within thrust range, and Palps lets him off twice (Anakin still hadnt arrived yet, then).

3) The kind of Force lightning attacks we see Luke hit with in ROTJ didnt yellow his eyes, rot his teeth and make his skin pale.
Or Mace's.

4) As a big fan of CW cartoon, you will note the hologram of Palpatine has the teeth and 'the voice', pre-ROTS.
We also here 'the voice' in TPM and AOTC too.
Quite the statement in a series you aledge was "Lucas' hands on" with.

Thats plenty to support the notion.

Final Blaxican

It was a way to get Senate sympathy and Anakin's defence.
When Mace defelected the lightning back at Palps I disrupted his masking. His true appearance another thing to blame on the Jedi.

Evidence to support it:

1)The clear way that you can see him feigning a more vulnerable condition than he was in: "I cant hold it anylonger Im too weak...too weak..." Next minute BLAMMMMMM ultra stron force lightning's mace out the window.

2) TWICE in that fight, Mace is found with his center line open, arms out either side, with Palp's lightsabre right within thrust range, and Palps lets him off twice (Anakin still hadnt arrived yet, then).

3) The kind of Force lightning attacks we see Luke hit with in ROTJ didnt yellow his eyes, rot his teeth and make his skin pale.
Or Mace's.

4) As a big fan of CW cartoon, you will note the hologram of Palpatine has the teeth and 'the voice', pre-ROTS.
Quite the statement in a series you aledge was "Lucas' hands on" with.

Lucas himself has already stated in an interview that Mace beat Sideous legitimately. In that same interview, I believe, he stated that "You have to be either Mace or Yoda to defeat Palpatie", as of RotS.

So, it's pretty cut and dry.

EDIT-

It's in the Return of the Sith commentary on the DVD. Just checked.

Sadako of Girth
Really, well Palps shouldnt have f**ked about so much on the job then..
And he was definitely pretending to be more hurt than he was.

I will check the commentary as I have no recollection of him having said that.

dadudemon
1) No its not.

Links, or it didn't happen.

2) The Flash Thompson fight scene showing how much faster Peter percieves time with Spidey sense.

And then you've got Peter Park in the rest of the three movies. He doesn't pull that kind of stunt the rest of all three films. We can disregard PIS when it's just that, PIS. Like I said, there's plenty of PIS in the Star Wars films that make the Jedi look boss. I think it's retarded to use those PIS moments to make a case for either side. The Star Wars fans tried to do it with the force speed thing and I called them on it. Why would I allow a double standard?

3) It is because there was enough conflict to generate this discussion.

I'm only referring to Mace Windu's use of force Crush. Not necessary to the discussion because I don't think it's applicable enough to be canon. However, Vader can use it, no problem, on a much grander scale then Mace. no expression

I'm sure you'd like me to point out that it is really an EU power and it is very very hard to use and, therefore, no one can use it except Vader.

4) As I proved with that video, there is enough of the way Sidious plays that whole deal to indictate ambigiously granted that he was playing with Mace, satlling til the moment Anakin arrived.

That's simply not the case, though. Like I said, you can't interpret it the way you want when it directly contradicts canon. You can use logic, sure. But when that logic, even though it's logical, conflicts with the canon story, you logic be damned.

It was a way to get Senate sympathy and Anakin's defence.)

I agree that Palps used that situation to his advantage. He's a genius.

When Mace defelected the lightning back at Palps I disrupted his masking..)

No. erm

This is absolutely false. That is not canon. That is not even EU. He "took off his mask" when confronted by Mace and crew. That was his real appearance.

His true appearance another thing to blame on the Jedi.

I agree. He used his face being messed up by his own force lightening being reflected back on him (with Vaapad, no less no expression ) to his advantage. Palps is the man.

Evidence to support it:

1)The clear way that you can see him feigning a more vulnerable condition than he was in: "I cant hold it anylonger Im too weak...too weak..." Next minute BLAMMMMMM ultra stron force lightning's mace out the window. .)

I agree that Sids was using that situation to his advantage, however, it was AFTER he was defeated by Mace. no expression

2) TWICE in that fight, Mace is found with his center line open, arms out either side, with Palp's lightsabre right within thrust range, and Palps lets him off twice (Anakin still hadnt arrived yet, then)

This is your own erroneous interpretation of the events that happened. It's simply not the case. Mace had the entire duel under control. What you're saying also contradicts the direction the saber fights choreographer received. He rated Palps, Yoda, and Anakin 9, and called Mace a special case.

Or Mace's.

This, my friend, is PIS. Also, he was just playing with Skywalker until the last part.

Quite the statement in a series you aledge was "Lucas' hands on" with..

You just dug yourself into a logic hole. You can't use the EU material as canon, especially when Genndy take a lot of artistic liberties in the characters. It is also an animation. Since I only literally said 2 or 3 RoTS tie-ins, your point is border line libel.

Palps shows up, starting in the TPM with a normal face and the "voice" on multiple occasions. Your logic would be true had it actually been factual at any part of any of the films except AFTER he got his face burned by his own lightening.

Also, no where do we see the Sith change faces. That would be an EU video game thing. Sure, the eyes changed in Ani...but that's just about it.

What about Dooku? He used force lightening. Something no one but Palps used in all 6 movies. Where's his ugly face? It wasn't exactly a secret of his that he was a bad guy once he was revealed.

Also, let's not cover this face thing again. You are wrong about it and you know you are wrong. This is not Harry Potter and Palps wasn't using a polyjuice potion to change his appearnce. We know this for a fact based on the little bit of his face we get to see throughout the OT.

And almost every last point had something wrong with it.

Sadako of Girth
So did all your EU over movies assertions through out the batman vs Jango and Spidey vs Jedi threads, as you based your assessment of Jedi capability on EU, and cited EU as evidence of why we were all so wrong. roll eyes (sarcastic) .

There is enough to rule the scene played as ambiguously.
My points are there on screen to see, and I know Im not the only one to percieved it that way.

dadudemon
So did all your EU over movies assertions through out the batman vs Jango and Spidey vs Jedi threads, as you based your assessment of Jedi capability on EU,

Uh, no. I've already covered, there's no reason for us to go "nuh uhh!" "uh huhhh!" at each other. Force crush, canon for Darth Vader. Force Crush, EU for Mace until I look over the CW commentary.

and cited EU as evidence of why we were all so wrong. roll eyes (sarcastic).

No. You may be confusing me for someone else.

TOriginally posted by Sadako of Girth
here is enough to rule the scene played as ambiguously.
My points are there on screen to see, and I know Im not the only one to percieved it that way.

No, there's not. You can perceive it incorrectly as long as you want. The movies are there to enjoy and I'll never fault you for enjoying them with your own interpretations. But, you're perception is incorrect and I can at least try to set you straight. I would fully agree with you if the novelization agreed with you, as would millions of other fans. However, the movie played out quite clearly that Mace pwned Sidious with sabers and Anakin caused the death of Mace because he was too blind and arrogant to see that Anakin was falling to the dark side.

Sadako of Girth
Nope I was definitely remember you saying that all Jedi were as accurate with a lightsabre as Anakin, and you asserted that Maces CW feats counted in the discussion at hand.

The motive that you assert is not depicted on screen in unambiguous way.
You're going to learn that truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view, Dadudamon.

I say EU is wrong and bullshit. You indulge it all the way and think it has any bearing on what is or isnt in film canon. I dont call you wrong for it. Sorry if it angers you to not have someone see something the way you do, but hey, what else is the internet for...

Rogue Jedi
What you said, but I dont think Mace was too blind or arrogant. I think he placed some trust in Anakin.

"If what you have said is true, you will have gained my trust."

Sadako of Girth
"Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design"
Palpatine, Return of the Jedi

If people are blind to how Palpatine is playing wounded to illicit a decisive reaction from Anakin in that scene, then I too must abide by the "accepting it" thing.

Final Blaxican
Mace's quote is more infallible. Sideous is an egotistical maniac. Lying is and flatting himself is what he does best.

Rogue Jedi
Yes, everything except getting his wrinkly ass kicked.

Sadako of Girth
So Mace was better than Yoda, in your book...?

And youre right he lied to the senate about his attack, what motivated the attack, that he was gonna build a nice safe secure empire, yet magically he tells the truth about the attack leaving him scarred and deformed...? Is it not odd to you that that would be the only bit of truth, the way you see it, to emerge from his cakehole in that scene...?

Or is it more likely that you are right, and that he lies about everything..?

Not ONE trace ANYWHERE in the saga of the Force lightning doing that to anyone, (making them pasty, yellow eyed and with crazy dentistry, and making their head look like an elephants nutsack.)

And even EU depicts Palpatine arrearing over holograms in full Emporer-level-of-messed-up appearance.

Final Blaxican
No. I'm right in that he has a habit that all villains have of fellating himself and his feats to godly and untrue proportions.

Sideous rise to power relied just as much on luck and happenstance as it did on his own cunning. More, in fact.

And just because Mace beat Sideous, doesn't make him superiro to Yoda. Yoda more likely then not would have won that duel against Sideous had he not fallen off the platform. Yoda was clsoer to the edge and smaller, thus when the explosion happened he flew farther back and just fell. At that point an army of cloens was converging to Sideous poisition, and Yoda couldn't kill Sideous and the entire detachment of clones by himself, thus he was screwed.

He lost due to events out of anyone's control, not because of a lack of skill. Hell, nearly getting his ass kicked by Yoda wasn't apart of the plan, either. Melting his own face wasn't apart of the plan either.

Rogue Jedi
Some people think Mace was the best swordsman in the order. Just saying.

With Yoda, he was caught off guard by Sidious's force attack. If the saber battle had continued, Yoda would have pwned him.

Sadako of Girth
Luck like secretly setting up a clone army, the clone wars, using every major scum bag in the galaxy for his own ends for an onscreen time of like 38ish yrs in order to promote himself...?

That takes foresight, planning and patient execution, when you need luck, call McClane wink (Mind you he made his own luck too) .

Final Blaxican
Yoda was winning the force duel between himself and Sideous. At first he was surprised and he lost his lightsaber. Then he gets that glint in his eye and he starts to push Sideous own lightning back at that him.

Neither Yoda nor Mace were Sideous inferior in any aspect except for intelligence, I'd say.

Sadako of Girth
Faces dont melt.

Final Blaxican
Luck like secretly setting up a clone army, the clone wars, using every major scum bag in the galaxy for his own ends for an onscreen time of like 38ish yrs in order to promote himself...?

No, luck like Anakin coming along when he did, having the shitty childhood that he had, the Jedi having a false sense of security and being haughty at the time that it was, Maul managing to kill Qui-Gon but failing to kill Obi-Wan, etc.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
Yoda was winning the force duel between himself and Sideous. At first he was surprised and he lost his lightsaber. Then he gets that glint in his eye and he starts to push Sideous own lightning back at that him.

Neither Yoda nor Mace were Sideous inferior in any aspect except for intelligence, I'd say. Never said Yoda was inferior, only that he was taken by surprise, as you just said.

Sadako of Girth
You mean it was an entirely unexpected muchly prophesised arrival...?

Palpatine would be like "And....?" in response to those factors...
He got his promotion, and got all his board pieces moving. Win.
In fact he then celebrated by ordering a clone army for his next move in ten years.

Lighting doesnt do that to people,
And Faces still dont melt.

Except for that guy Emil in Robocop.

Rogue Jedi
Shit that was gross haermm

Final Blaxican
Prophesied that SOMEWHERE down the line some random kid would be the chosen one. Complete and utter luck on his part that Anakin showed up when he did, and again, had the ****ed up child-hood that he had which made him a douche.

If Anakin had been a complete light-sider, or had simply not existed, then there's a good, no, great chance the CIS would have won the war and the Republic would be in the shit. If he had tried to sack the Jedi Temple using only clones he would have lost countless more forces, he wouldn't have had an uber body guard to protect him from the multiple jedi who try to kill him throughout the years, etc.

If the Jedi weren't blinded by their own greed like they were the time of the PT, they would have realized Sideous' true persona and killed him. QED for him.

And didn't that guy in Robocop end up getting hit by a car too? God, that sucks.

Sadako of Girth
Fair points regarding the prophecy....
But anyways Palpatine was clearly manipulating the whole way through the prequels.

dadudemon
Nope I was definitely remember you saying that all Jedi were as accurate with a lightsabre as Anakin,

That's not true. You're either lying on purpose or you have a bad memory. (I think you're just taking it out of context. I've definitely cleared it up since then, though, so there's no reason for you to take it out of context now.)

You posted this:

Are they gonna WANNA remove webbing from their eyes ears nose etc with a lightsbare...? Could be a bit dodgy.

So I replied with this:

Watch the beginning of Ep. III when Anakin frees Palpatine form his shackles. Anakin also VERY precisely killed that poisonous centipede things from off of Amadala's bed without even saber toasting the blanket.

Yes, THAT precise. no expression

So you replied with this:

That was the one with the highest midichlorean count.

I'd like to see how much face a lesser Jedi would leave her with.

And I settled it with this:

laughing

That's par for any jedi knight, though.

Now, you either had problems following our conversation or you are purposefully twisting my words to tear down my credibility in the discussion (by painting me as a fanboy or a lunatic.) I suspect that it's both.

It's quite clear that I indicated that cutting the centipedes off of Padme without cutting her would have been par for the course for any Jedi Knight. (At the time, I said "Jedi Knight" on purpose as to not come off as trying to claim that even padawans and younglings were as skilled in using a saver as Anakin. I chose carefully as very few Padawans were as talented as Anakin when he was a Padawan. Now, if you want to continue to believe that any Jedi Knight can't move their blade in two movements, just enough to cut two giant very giant centipedes in half, I'll direct you to any blastet bolt deflected with a light saber in the OT or PT. Surely deflecting a blaster bolt that's less than a millimeter thick is more difficult to do than cutting two 1-3 inch tall, 3-5 inch wide, and 3 foot long centipedes? I mean, really...where is the more precision required to execute? Which one has a lower margin of error before shit hits the fan?)

If you had problems understanding what I meant, the following post should have definitely cleared things up for you:

Yup. Pretty much. no expression (I was saying "yup" to the snipping of the centipede thingies off of Padme...not that they are all as good Anakin. That's stupid.)

and you asserted that Maces CW feats counted in the discussion at hand.

I've asked you on multiple occasions to cite your "source" for that. Since you and I both know it doesn't exist, stop accusing me of things I didn't say. At the very least, quote me.

And, in case you wanted to try and take things out of context, this should have stopped all your comments about using EU feats for Mace.

My point is NOT to show that the EU SHOULD be used, it is to show how closely together they were tied in for Episode III. You wanted to know where force crush was used, so I indicated where it was used on Grevious and Grevious shows signs of that damage in Episode III. Since episode III is cannon, and GL and Tartakovsky made a collaborative effort to INCLUDE that in Chapter 25 and continue it in Episode III, what happened to Grevious would have to be semi-cannon, at the least. That was my only point. I do NOT want to continue to talk about something that was an aside that was only intended as an FYI.

Edit-
Now, for the sake of the debate, Force Crush is cannon. I said it is, and that is final. Imp can make a ruling on that if he'd like. However, only one person can use it and that is Mace. Since Mace would make hamburger meat of Spiderman anyway, there's no need to give him one of his signature powers. If others would like to use force crush as an example, I would say that it fails to be an example of any power except for Mace's.

Double edit- I hope you know that I wasn't serous about it being cannon. no expression However, one cannot be without the other. If Imp wants to allow Mace his force crush, that's fine, but I still think it doesn't belong in here.

That very last part is the clincher. You're continuing to literally lie about my posts.

The motive that you assert is not depicted on screen in unambiguous way.

Yes it is.

This is your own erroneous interpretation of the events that happened. It's simply not the case. Mace had the entire duel under control.

I say EU is wrong and bullshit.

What a sweeping and obviously wrong conclusion.

You indulge it all the way and think it has any bearing on what is or isnt in film canon.

No. no expression

I don't know how many times you're going to lie about things I have said. I kindly ask you to stop lying about things I've posted.

Here's your contradictory evidence, and all in context, too.

You can't use the EU material as canon,

Only a EU Mace Windu would be a good match of Spiderman, H2H and Mace only. That's not forum canon, so it doesn't count, as I've already pointed out.

I'm only referring to Mace Windu's use of force Crush. Not necessary to the discussion because I don't think it's applicable enough to be canon. However, Vader can use it, no problem, on a much grander scale then Mace. no expression

I'm sure you'd like me to point out that it is really an EU power and it is very very hard to use and, therefore, no one can use it except Vader.

And here's how the force crush "debate" started.

Mace Windu. Mace Windu used force crush on Grievous as he was making an escape.

Despite people wanting to cling to the Movies as being the only cannon, sometimes you really do have to include some "EU" stuff as cannon. However, in this VS. forum, only the movies can be used. I just thought that your point was rather good and wanted to point out that it WAS done.

Quite clearly, my intentions were the movies because of the settings in this forum. I just mentioned it as an aside because Robtard DID bring up an excellent point: someone really did reach out and use force crush on Grievous.

I dont call you wrong for it. Sorry if it angers you to not have someone see something the way you do, but hey, what else is the internet for...

True, true. However, your seeing it incorrectly doesn't anger me, though. stoned

Rogue Jedi
damn.

Forum Ninja
Well done, dadudemon.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Forum Ninja
Well done, dadudemon.

laughing

Dude, they are going to think that you're me.
But, thanks.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Captain Rex
In any case, you just bashed me, dadudemon, so the warning stands.

Please do explain how this post is bashing you:

You have no clue what the **** is going on. I can't believe how oblivious you are to what is going on these forums. You've been trolled, majorly, by someone using the report button. Why don't you take the time to investigate...you might find interesting things.

That post was NOT an insult to Robard. Ever hear of a parody?

If you can show me how this was bashing, I'll apologize. You deserve and apology if it is rightfully due.

ThunderGodEneru
You didn't bash him. But since he's t3h moderator, you are by default a piece of scum on this forum for disagreeing with him.

XanatosForever
So, who here thinks they have a good opponent to handle GORT, either '51 or '09 version? smile

Eminence
Silver Surfer. yes

XanatosForever
This could be my inner SS fanboy speaking, but I think Surfer could handle Gort rather easily. erm

XanatosForever
Rooaarr...so few versus threads that interest me sad

Sadako of Girth
Just read your gone with the wind style length post and really cant be bothered to respond to it, Dadudemon.

Suffice to say you really need to get out more. stick out tongue

Sadako of Girth
laughing

Dude, they are going to think that you're me.
But, thanks.

True, that. stick out tongue

All that was there was a just a great big diatribe presented purely from your pov. Nothing to get smug about or to deserve praise for, really, imo.

Sorry btw to have to respond to that like that, but I didn't see it til just then.

retturnnerr
Well then, let's have Godzilla fight the Juggernaut. WHo wins?
Godzilla is over 200 feet tall, probably more than 400 feet long and has awesome atomic-breath powers and all that. Juggernaut can create a powerful forcefield with his helmet that can smash through almost anything. Description:

Godzilla was smashing the heck out of Tokyo. He destroyed it completely then swam to the U.S. The U.S. army tries to stop him but it seems nothing hurts him so Juggernaut says "Hey Greenie, NOTHING CAN STOP THE JUGGERNAUT!!!" then Godzilla is angered and starts trying to step on the marvel character. Who wins.

Robtard
Movie feats only, Argyle.

Placidity
Originally posted by Final Blaxican

If Anakin had been a complete light-sider, or had simply not existed, then there's a good, no, great chance the CIS would have won the war and the Republic would be in the shit.

I have no idea what the talk is about. But if Anakin had been a complete light-sider, he would not have sliced Mace Windu. That said, Palps would've been killed and the Jedi would have had drinks on the house.

Theres a big chance I'm being totally irrelevant. But I still rule ok.

Placidity
Ok Godzilla vs Juggs

Juggs is unstoppable once he gains momentum. So he can really just run through and break Zilla's foot. He can run through Zilla's head after that.

Man I was just thinking, if Jugg's power is really being unstoppable after gaining momentum, then if he jumped from a building, he should fall through the Earth right?

omgchos
Originally posted by retturnnerr
Well then, let's have Godzilla fight the Juggernaut. WHo wins?
Godzilla is over 200 feet tall, probably more than 400 feet long and has awesome atomic-breath powers and all that. Juggernaut can create a powerful forcefield with his helmet that can smash through almost anything. Description:

Godzilla was smashing the heck out of Tokyo. He destroyed it completely then swam to the U.S. The U.S. army tries to stop him but it seems nothing hurts him so Juggernaut says "Hey Greenie, NOTHING CAN STOP THE JUGGERNAUT!!!" then Godzilla is angered and starts trying to step on the marvel character. Who wins.
In X-men 3 the last stand. Vinny Jones(juggernaut) could basically ony smash through things and punch/kick very hard. No force fields to speak of.

retturnnerr
Well, while Godzilla has a weight of most probably over 8,000 tonnes so he could probably step a force of 50,000 tonnes right?

omgchos
Ummmmmm no. And i dont see how thats a relevant response.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by omgchos
In X-men 3 the last stand. Vinny Jones(juggernaut) could basically ony smash through things and punch/kick very hard. No force fields to speak of. Accurate.

XanatosForever
I want to make a Zohan vs. thread...but I dunno who would be a good match.

So, who can mess with the Zohan?

Rogue Jedi
Bulletproof Monk.

XanatosForever
You asked for it! stick out tongue

Placidity
Kickass, I'm looking forward to this. Actually, no I'm lying, I only like watching the cinematics. I only really like playing the FPS games by LucasArts, like Jediknight 2 and Jedi Academy, those were really good. The Force Unleashed looked really sweet, but wasn't on PC...

Anyway, this is proabably one of their best cinematics ever.

DOvbv-LkK6w

If you guys are into this, as RJ probably will be, you should download the highres trailer. It looks 100x better.

Impediment
Looks awesome. Too bad I'm not a PC gamer. I prefer console.

I wanted to ask everyone here if we should amend Rule #4 from the MVF Rules.

People have been PMing me about how, lately, people have been breaking rule number 4 by making threads pitting more than 3 vs. 3, and I wanted to see who here agrees or disagrees.

Placidity
I would agree with a change.

Rogue Jedi
I think the biggest problem is that people are not specific as to the conditions in most threads. Example, SST vs. ST. We need an exact number of combatants, and also which ST are allowed.

The number of combatants in a thread, IMO, is irrelevant, it gets confusing when we dont know if this is allowed, or that is allowed, and are forced to guess because the thread starter did a shit job starting the thread.

Initially I thought that we should disallow group threads, but they will be fine if the thread starter pays attention and is detailed.

Sadako of Girth
I think an equally large problem is when people take the original conditions of the thread and change it frequently at every point at which they realise that they cannot prove their argument to be valid, until the thread suits their desired outcome whilst ignoring the vast flows of logic and evidence/arguments to the contrary.
And when that fails they rig one side to lose only because they have set an impossible task for the other character/characters..

We know this technique as "Gimping".

Jaeh.is.Awesome
...I didn't notice we have a social thread...

Rogue Jedi
Yeah but someone else did.

Impediment
I think an equally large problem is when people take the original conditions of the thread and change it frequently at every point at which they realise that they cannot prove their argument to be valid, until the thread suits their desired outcome whilst ignoring the vast flows of logic and evidence/arguments to the contrary.
And when that fails they rig one side to lose only because they have set an impossible task for the other character/characters..

We know this technique as "Gimping".

I agree with you that the thread starter should cement the rules, scenario, weapons, abilities, etc, etc, with in the first few posts of the thread. It would be very infuriating if everyone automatically changed the conditions of the thread at random intervals.

I should amend the rules to make this known, yes?

Impediment
I just amended rule #7 in the MVF Rules.

I deleted the original rule about "no Star Wars fights" because I have been contradicting my own rules by allowing them to be in here, and, I figured, it's not that big of a deal.

Rogue Jedi
I agree with you that the thread starter should cement the rules, scenario, weapons, abilities, etc, etc, with in the first few posts of the thread. It would be very infuriating if everyone automatically changed the conditions of the thread at random intervals.

I should amend the rules to make this known, yes? A problem will arise here. The thread starter might take off for a few days, and by the time he has come back, the thread is ten pages long, and, since he was not clear as to the conditions of the fight, the thread has turned into a travesty.

Why not just close the thread right away if the rules for conditions/limitations are not met?

Impediment
I'll do just that, then.

If the thread starter does, in fact, set the conditions of the match in only one post, and then goes away for, say a day, and then returns to an active thread with 3 to 4 pages, then it'll be too late. The match is underway.

Rogue Jedi
Another question....Lets say someone starts "Neo versus Vader", with certain limitations, and right away it is obvious that Vader wins with the certain conditions. Can the thread starter then change the conditions, in interest of keeping the thread alive, in interest of making it an even playing field?

Impediment
It will be the thread starters responsibility to even out the playing fields of his thread during the first few opening posts. If the match is clearly uneven, I might allow some tweaks to be made.

Sadako of Girth
If the thread is sayyyyyy Dirty Harry vs Jessica Fletcher, Harry shouldn't be gimped surely... I mean....a fun silly thread is fun ocasionally, and it'd be fun to have the odd mismatch ever now and then.

Rogue Jedi
One last question. Would this be considered a spite thread?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f102/t510678.html

Sadako of Girth
Not by those with a sense of humour.

Rogue Jedi
If the thread is sayyyyyy Dirty Harry vs Jessica Fletcher, Harry shouldn't be gimped surely... I mean....a fun silly thread is fun ocasionally, and it'd be fun to have the odd mismatch ever now and then. Odd is Chucky versus Mini me. Two cops against a space station is spite.

Sadako of Girth
Sir, Im afraid your logic is broken.

Chucky versus Minime would be a good thread in the similar vein.

"All the skeletons from Jason and the argonauts versus John McClane", whatever you have, bring it.

Remember "Schindler's List nazis versus the Children of the Sound of Music"..? Same deal.

Whether its you just not seeing the funny side, wanting to call spite to try to destroy threads you dont like, or if its you genuinely thinking that there is some spite there, I'll never know, but "none intended" is all I can say, I guess.

Rogue Jedi
If you say none intended, then I guess I have your word.

No way in hell they beat the death star, the thread is one sided to the extreme.

Sadako of Girth
McClane could do it...... stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
roll eyes (sarcastic) Go beat your McClane meat.

Sadako of Girth
laughing out loud You always resort to that, dont you..?

Seriously, you attack someone accusing them of felating the character the defend methaphorically and sometimes not metaphorically, yet you as a Harry Potter fanboy, stand on faaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr dodgier ground than I, sir.

Now get that wand out of your arse, and ask yourself "can I take the counter attack" when dissing folk.... smile

Rogue Jedi
If it has Tonks or Bellatrix in it, guilty.

Sadako of Girth
I knew it!

I KNEW there WAS a wand up your arse! stick out tongue

It had to be to have magically made all that shit come out of your mouth in the HP/501st thread.
rolling on floor laughing

Rogue Jedi
Bellatrix and Tonks are in front of you, on their knees, mouths open..........What do you do, hot shot? What do you do?

Sadako of Girth
Dunno. Im not into kids and wizards.

And especially not Harry Potter enough to sit through long enough to see any half decent looking wimmens.. Millions of stunning girls out there man, why anyone would go to HP for thrills is beyond me.

And well all know that bragging heavily about some pair of females is (over)compensation for your 'Dumbles' love... shifty

Rogue Jedi
Nah, I will admit when any woman is hot.

Remember the knife fighting chick in DH3? droolio

Sadako of Girth
The rank looking one who I wouldnt shag if even Id had 6 pints....?

Impediment
I'd hit it. ermmsrug

Rogue Jedi
The rank looking one who I wouldnt shag if even Id had 6 pints....? Mattie and I'd do her like a drunken cheerleader on prom night. smile

Sadako of Girth
So you do these threesomes in your head...? messed

Rogue Jedi
Who doesnt?

Sadako of Girth
Yeah but they are generally made of me and two women,

or a really dominant brunette in there with two slavish blondes. stick out tongue

However, Im not one to judge.
Each to their own.

Rogue Jedi
Yes, and my threesoms usually involve Milla Jovovich and Bellatrix.......point?

Darth Martin
Attention! I'm starting to put together a martial artist ranking thread similar to the omne in the comic books forum. Opinions?

Impediment
Go for it. Any kind of collective idea for threads can do nothing except help void confusion, if you ask me. All I ask is that people share unanimous views so as not to seem biased.

Darth Martin
We've already formed the thread. No one seems to agree on whether Matrix characters have skill or is just a video game. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Impediment
Well...................Matrix characters are a touchy subject since the power/abilities of said characters are all subjective.

I will allow Matrix fights to continue, since I am fair and un-biased. However, I have to voice my disdain since I feel Matrix character fights to be very one-sided.

Darth Martin
What is your position on whether or not they posess real martial arts skill?

Impediment
That, sir, is all in the opinion of the posters. That's why we have debates. wink.

Robtard
There shouldn't be a problem with using Matrix characters, as we go by the "feats on film" and making a fictional neutral fighting arena were both characters get full use of their powers is common.

So Morpheus with his super strength, speed, durability and knowledge of martial arts Vs. the FF4 in an arena is plausible. If Morpheus never wished anyone away in the film, then he can't do it in the arena etc.

Really, I am awesome.

Darth Martin
That, sir, is all in the opinion of the posters. That's why we have debates. wink. I'm already aware of most my of fellow posters positions on the matter. I aked for yours. wink

Originally posted by Robtard
There shouldn't be a problem with using Matrix characters, as we go by the "feats on film" and making a fictional neutral fighting arena were both characters get full use of their powers is common. Are you under the belief that individuals like Morpheus, Neo, and Trinity posess true martial arts skill or are you like Rogue Jedi and feel there in a video game and posess none.

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Are you under the belief that individuals like Morpheus, Neo, and Trinity posess true martial arts skill or are you like Rogue Jedi and feel there in a video game and posess none.

Not sure what you're asking exactly.

But from a movie feats standpoint, they're all highly skilled (due to being programmed); that's how it would translate into these Vs fights.

Impediment
What is your position on whether or not they posess real martial arts skill?

If they are in the Matrix, then all Matrix-related abilities stand as is. While their own selves do not, in fact, possess martial arts skills, the residual self images do.

Rogue Jedi
Well...................Matrix characters are a touchy subject since the power/abilities of said characters are all subjective.

I will allow Matrix fights to continue, since I am fair and un-biased. However, I have to voice my disdain since I feel Matrix character fights to be very one-sided. A few others here have problems with MVF rules # 7, allowing a combatant to be handicapped to make a fight possible on an even playing field. I dont understand why they have a problem with this.

Darth Martin
Not sure what you're asking exactly. Not necisarilly a vs thread. In my Martial Arts Rankings thread some posters are under the opinion that the Matrix characters aren't skilled, they're in a video game. They use Neo's fight with Bane in the real world as evidence of this.

Rogue Jedi
Not necisarilly a vs thread. In my Martial Arts Rankings thread some posters are under the opinion that the Matrix characters aren't skilled, they're in a video game. They use Neo's fight with Bane in the real world as evidence of this.

Where was Neo's mad martial arts skills when he was blinded? Non existent. They are correct, while not jacked into the matrix, Trinity, Neo, morpheus and the others are you and I, normal people.

Darth Martin
Yet in the Martial Arts Rankings thread you and those who share your idea reject them being put high up in tier.

Rogue Jedi
Well, I'll tell you why I do so, it's because all others are skilled martial artists whereever they are, all day, every day, 24/7. They don't have to be plugged int a big ass computer to become badass. This is where the video game analogy comes into play.

Think about it, lets say Nightcrawler teleports onto Morpheus's ship and wants to kill everyone aboard. What's to stop him? Nothing. It will be easy as pie for him, because he wont be fighting them in the matrix, he will be fighting them in the real world, and in the real world, they are average Joes.

Darth Martin
But in here we should judge them when they use there skill wherever it may be because that's what we go by in these threads. How many threads do you see where it stipulates characters w/o there Matrix attributes, skills, and abilities?

Robtard
Not necisarilly a vs thread. In my Martial Arts Rankings thread some posters are under the opinion that the Matrix characters aren't skilled, they're in a video game. They use Neo's fight with Bane in the real world as evidence of this.

That is true, but it stands to reason that Neo would remember all he's learned in the Matrix, outside of it; just that his weak and frail body isn't capable of performing the moves he knows in his head.

Rogue Jedi
That is true, but it stands to reason that Neo would remember all he's learned in the Matrix, outside of it; just that his weak and frail body isn't capable of performing the moves he knows in his head. This is exactly what I'm saying.

dadudemon
There shouldn't be a problem with using Matrix characters, as we go by the "feats on film" and making a fictional neutral fighting arena were both characters get full use of their powers is common.

So Morpheus with his super strength, speed, durability and knowledge of martial arts Vs. the FF4 in an arena is plausible. If Morpheus never wished anyone away in the film, then he can't do it in the arena etc.

Really, I am awesome.

That sounds remarkably similar to what I said.

Impediment
The problem is this:

Too many people go by what is implied as power in the Matrix instead of going by seen feats onscreen. The main rule here in the MVF is that we HAVE to go by what is seen on screen and not by what is implied or what we have an idea of what WOULD/MIGHT happen. Period.

If the Matrix character does do a specific feat on screen (numerous clones, flight, super speed, mega kung fu skills, etc.) then I see no problem with people debating said characters in a thread.

All I ask is that people who disagree with this should, please, steer clear of any Matrix thread and let other posters have a non-hostile debate.

Placidity
A suggestion for a new sub-forum...

I've recently been looking through the Comics Vs Forum, and they have a sub-section called Battlezone. I looked through it and it seems like an interesting and good idea...

Basically its an area where two members face off each other in a 1v1 debate. They take turns arguing for their case and after a set time/date, members get to vote for who is most convincing. Members being people with over 1000 posts, thats their set standard anyway. After a tally at the closing time for the debate, a winner is decided.

In most cases I saw there, the only people that should be posting during the debate duration are the two debaters. However, I've seen instances where other members can ask questions. That seems like a good idea, but questions should be on clarification of points made only.

Now there are many good reasons for such a section:

1. It would be intense, no-BS debating, with people observing and pride on the line if you are geeky enough.

2. How many times have we had someone dead to rights in a debate only to have them go off on a tangent, ignoring your arguments or have some other buddy jump in and talk nonsense?
This won't happen in the Battlezone section, because its a 1v1, and ignoring your opponents points or failing to address his/her argument will be apparent, and hopefully, members will vote accordingly (and without bias).

3. Arguments will be of a higher level. Because there is something on the line, we won't see any of the frequent half-assed arguments that we see in the ordinary debate section.

And I'm sure there are other good reasons I can't think of yet, plus the concept of a 1v1 deathmatch concept is just cool by itself.

Here's an example of one...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t509163.html

BTW, if anyone bothers to read it, I think OneDumbG0 won it rather convincingly. And as I mentioned before, all the posts are substantial, not doing so will probably result in being the loser.

Also if this gets rolling, they have things like tournaments and other such things.

What do you guys think?

Rogue Jedi
That actually sounds really cool.

Sadako of Girth
I like the sound of it also.

Rogue Jedi
But what is to keep others from chiming in?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Placidity
A suggestion for a new sub-forum...

I've recently been looking through the Comics Vs Forum, and they have a sub-section called Battlezone. I looked through it and it seems like an interesting and good idea...

Basically its an area where two members face off each other in a 1v1 debate. They take turns arguing for their case and after a set time/date, members get to vote for who is most convincing. Members being people with over 1000 posts, thats their set standard anyway. After a tally at the closing time for the debate, a winner is decided.

In most cases I saw there, the only people that should be posting during the debate duration are the two debaters. However, I've seen instances where other members can ask questions. That seems like a good idea, but questions should be on clarification of points made only.

Now there are many good reasons for such a section:

1. It would be intense, no-BS debating, with people observing and pride on the line if you are geeky enough.

2. How many times have we had someone dead to rights in a debate only to have them go off on a tangent, ignoring your arguments or have some other buddy jump in and talk nonsense?
This won't happen in the Battlezone section, because its a 1v1, and ignoring your opponents points or failing to address his/her argument will be apparent, and hopefully, members will vote accordingly (and without bias).

3. Arguments will be of a higher level. Because there is something on the line, we won't see any of the frequent half-assed arguments that we see in the ordinary debate section.

And I'm sure there are other good reasons I can't think of yet, plus the concept of a 1v1 deathmatch concept is just cool by itself.

Here's an example of one...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t509163.html

BTW, if anyone bothers to read it, I think OneDumbG0 won it rather convincingly. And as I mentioned before, all the posts are substantial, not doing so will probably result in being the loser.

Also if this gets rolling, they have things like tournaments and other such things.

What do you guys think?

cool idea

Impediment
I hate all of you.

There. I said it.

I feel better now. smile

Placidity
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

I'm sure Imped can strike fear into their hearts.

Impediment
Originally posted by Placidity
I'm sure Imped can strike fear into their hearts.

I'll mod it, if necessary, however, I'm still fuzzy to the idea.

Care to elaborate?

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

Self-control.

It's not hard.

-AC

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>