Wolverine: Old Man Logan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endrict Nuul
Anyone else enjoying this????

starlock
Actually no...i cant wait for it to be over....wolverine is over 120 years old and looks 30....50 years later he looks like he is 65....and he looks just as old as Hawkeye....whats up with that?

Anyway...i did not care for the first 2 parts, i will get the rest...but i hope it improves allot erm

Endrict Nuul
Bah, Digi must have moved this.....and now theres a dup thread.

When ever a X-men mod comes around please merge or lock this one.

The Pict
I actually really enjoyed the first issue, I'll be collecting the rest of this.

It's non canon right? Doesn't really fit in with other "in the future" stories (which I assume were non canon as well)

Scoobless
I think it's shaping up to be a really decent story, it's been great so far.

Not sure why this was moved to a different forum though, Wolverine isn't exactly exclusive to the X-Men.

Disappear
the more i read of millar's work, the more trends i see repeating themselves. super-villains killed all the super-heroes and took over the world. that's the entire backstory of wanted...

i don't dislike the story, and i'm glad to see hawkeye getting his licks in despite being a blind old coot, but it's weird how much of millar's work i've been reading lately; and how much feels repetitive.

fredstawill
first 2 good but wolverine should never be able to age period!!!
inless some mutant virus happens

Kazenji
Got part 1 of this today and enjoyed it i'll be waiting for part 2.

jalek moye
Originally posted by The Pict
I actually really enjoyed the first issue, I'll be collecting the rest of this.

It's non canon right? Doesn't really fit in with other "in the future" stories (which I assume were non canon as well)
actually newsrama said its cannon

roleplay
I really love this series. I love the art work and it looks like it's going to be great. I hope it gets better, but it's been really good so far.

Brak Dayton
Originally posted by roleplay
I really love this series. I love the art work and it looks like it's going to be great. I hope it gets better, but it's been really good so far.

I agree. First time in a while I can't wait for the next issue!

Endrict Nuul
Is this canon?

Endrict Nuul
NVM

Badabing
I'm liking the arc. It's a nice change. Next issue we get to see what happened to Logan.

srankmissingnin
Its good but I think I would like it better if I had never seen Unforgiven or Mad Max.

Badabing
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Its good but I think I would like it better if I had never seen Unforgiven or Mad Max. laughing out loud Good call.

Silent Guardian
honestly wolverine won't get old till he is like 700 or 1000. I mean isn't Logan really old currently. Know one knows his actually age. The man fought and world war II and did so many other things for years b4 he joined the X-men

srankmissingnin
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=1739&disp=table

dadudemon
Originally posted by Silent Guardian
honestly wolverine won't get old till he is like 700 or 1000. I mean isn't Logan really old currently. Know one knows his actually age. The man fought and world war II and did so many other things for years b4 he joined the X-men

You see. That's what I thought. Isn't Logan about "60" a few hundred years from now? (I'm referring to cannon Logan. They can just go back and re-write an awesome thing about Logan like that?)

If that's the case, then I'll become a writer for Marvel and correct that tripe.

Battlehammer
Logan over a 100.

srankmissingnin
Old Man Logan is the Hooded Man in Millar's FF run and he is something like 450 years older than he was in Old Man Logan

Soooooooooooooo..... yeah. The only thing I can say is that lose of hair colour has no direct correlation with aging. It can happen from stress or a traumatic event and aside from grey hair Wolverine looks exactly the same in Old Man Logan as he does now.

Battlehammer
I am so very disapointed in this issue. I saw it coming, but I hoped he wouldent go there. He ruined what could have been much cooler. Also made no senses there no way that would have worked.

srankmissingnin
I liked it except for it spoiles the ending of Old Man Logan. Clearly Old Man Logan now has to end with Wolverine killing the Hulk Gang (likely after they kill his family) and raising the Hulk Baby himself.

Anti-Monitor
I really liked the twist instead of more Logan PIS BS but don like the Venom T-Rex though.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, Venom T-Rex seems as lame as Loeb's Wendihulk... wait... not THAT lame wink

Zack Fair
Venom T-rex.....WTF?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Venom T-rex.....WTF?

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/3527/wolvie70lucybutlerdcp03cx0.th.jpg

note: In X-Force #10 Warpath&GR are fighting DEMON BEAR... http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/biscuits.gif

roleplay
The Venom dinosaur thing doesn't bother me. Neither does the demon bear.

The Demon Bear isn't as lame as it sounds, especially after they explain what the creature is. Also Ghost Rider was really bad ass in that issue.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by roleplay
The Demon Bear

laughing laughing laughing

Sorry, I couldn't stop myself. GR was great, can't deny that.

Back to the topic, I can't wait for next issue. March 18... argh, so late.

roleplay
I think Warpath is going to leave soon. I don't see him in any of the previews for Messiah War.

sad I kind of liked him though.

Kazenji
With part 3 of old man logan was it me or was there a mistake ?

When you see the baxter building with Loki's corpse under it you see it in one position and then the next box its in a different position.

Eternal Idol
The artist screwed up a little. It happens.

Kazenji
This story is'nt finished

Mark Millar and Steve McNiven wrap their best-selling Wolverine story line in an extra-big, extra-special one-shot

http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.6812.NYCC_~apos~09~colon~_Old_Man_Logan_Giant-Sized_Special

The Scribe
Preview: Wolverine #72

I'd like a close up of the case. Is this all the Superhero memorabilia?
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/273/809190prv2668pg6super.th.jpg

srankmissingnin
Too awesome for words. I need some Lonewolf Logan and Cub, like now. Make it happen Millar.

KingD19
OMG, Hulk got take down hard!!!

Omgu8mynewt
Someone tell me with spoiler tags what happened, I won't be able to get this for months and i want to know what happened eek!

KingD19
Here ya go - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NAKPSQ0W - Old Man Logan Conclusion

If you don't have CDisplay, download it, then you can use it to view the comic.

Ize19
Too awesome for words. I need some Lonewolf Logan and Cub, like now. Make it happen Millar.

That would be my dream manga adaptation. Wolverine is sooooo perfect for a samurai manga, it makes no sense they keep sticking him in shojo's or giving him laser claws. I want this to happen NOW!

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Ize19
That would be my dream manga adaptation. Wolverine is sooooo perfect for a samurai manga, it makes no sense they keep sticking him in shojo's or giving him laser claws. I want this to happen NOW!

You mean you don't like 105lbs, 7 foot tall, girlie man Wolverine with a 4 foot long mullet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyy-KBFvKPg&feature=player_embedded#t=107

I hate to see what the Anime version of Conan the Barbarian would look like. Why do Japanese people hate men that look like men? Freaking bishonen Wolverine. sad

Ize19
You mean you don't like 105lbs, 7 foot tall, girlie man Wolverine with a 4 foot long mullet?

I hate to see what the Anime version of Conan the Barbarian would look like. Why do Japanese people hate men that look like men? Freaking bishonen Wolverine. sad

Lol, yeah. I mean, there was some nice animation there, but when I said samurai manga I was thinking more BOTI/Lone Wolf and Cub than Rurouni Kenshin stick out tongue Yeah, if Wolverine's going to be done right, it has to be done seinin style. The Bishi look does not work for him, lol.

Omgu8mynewt
Lmao at Wolverine with a mullet and super skinny looks - I don't think they got the character looks right at all IMO

ladders
With the exception of the placement of the claws, it seems more like Daken than Logan.

Madvillain

wow....looks more like Vega than Wolverine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.