Venom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zbucsz
I heard he's gonna have his own spin-off

roughrider
It's only talk. Lots of films get talked about and don't come to fruition.

Besides, where the audience? Venom doesn't have his own monthly book. Is Sony going to spend $150 million on a villainous clone of Spider Man?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by roughrider

Besides, where the audience? Venom doesn't have his own monthly book. Is Sony going to spend $150 million on a villainous clone of Spider Man?

I hope they only spend $ 25 million on this possible first film. I've heard different rumors so I don't know who may play Venom.

roughrider
You can't do the FX neccessary for Venom on a cheap budget. This isn't going to make money back for them.

BruceSkywalker
You can't do the FX neccessary for Venom on a cheap budget. This isn't going to make money back for them.

If done right, $25 million dollars can work. I really can't see Sony Pictures spend a whole lot of money on a villain that a lot of people may not even see.

Kazenji

Actually its happening its been greenlit, Not sure if topher grace is gonna come back for it tho

And also people who are'nt into comics and have seen spider-man 3

well he did a series back in 2003, Lasted 18 issues from the looks of it.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
If done right, $25 million dollars can work. I really can't see Sony Pictures spend a whole lot of money on a villain that a lot of people may not even see.

Sony wont spend alot of money on a villain that a lot of people wouldnt go to see. That is why this movie will never happen.., if you ask me. I dont think $25 million dollars would be enough to make a movie who's main character is CGI in the midst of a live action movie. If there were no Cgi needed, then i would agree with you. I do agree that if this movie were ever made it would be better as a low budget movie, maybe in the $80 million range.

ragesRemorse

Neo Darkhalen
Well this will make it there second attempt at a Venom Movie.

Yes considering how popular he is.

roughrider
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Well this will make it there second attempt at a Venom Movie.

Yes considering how popular he is.

Which I personally have never gotten; that's just me.
You know when something like this has happened before? - Catwoman. evil face
One of the worst films this decade.

Maybe it would have been different if they did it soon after Batman Returns & had Michelle Pffefeir - it seemed like such a certainty it would happen. Batman was still in a boom of popularity then, before the series got Schumachered. But, it never did.

AngryManatee
Project's greenlit apparently. I'm feeling a little optimistic about it too considering Jacob Estes is writing the script.

Endrict Nuul
http://www.superherohype.com/news/spider-mannews.php?id=7557

News

Sony Eyeing Spider-Man Spinoff
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
July 31, 2008

Sony is moving forward with Venom, a potential "Spider-Man" spinoff, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The trade says the studio is developing the project, based on the villain who appeared in Spider-Man 3 and is hoping the character could serve as an antidote to the aging "Spider-Man" franchise in the way that Fox has used Wolverine to add longevity to its "X-Men" franchise.

The studio had commissioned a draft of the script from Jacob Estes (Mean Creek), but the studio is considering going in a different direction from Estes' script and is seeking writers for a new draft.

Casting also is no simple matter. Topher Grace played the character in the film, but agents have been eyeing the role for their clients, as Sony is not yet convinced the actor can carry a tentpole picture.

The Hollywood Reporter adds that neither Sony nor Marvel would comment for the story.

Sony is also still developing a fourth "Spider-Man" film for 2011.

Kazenji
Old news.....

i posted it earlier.

roughrider
Originally posted by AngryManatee
Project's greenlit apparently. I'm feeling a little optimistic about it too considering Jacob Estes is writing the script.

Greenlit the way the Justice League movie was greenlit?
And is now on indefinite hold?

Hey, I'm a big fan of Black Adam. But if the Captain Marvel movie gets made, do I think he should get his own spinoff? No. He's a copy of Marvel(powers-wise) with a different personality. People won't go to see copies of characters in movies, no matter how different the personality. A spinoff comic is cheaper and low risk by comparison.

How did that spinoff from the Mummy series work out - The Scorpion King? Not too well. Dwayne Johnson got a new career after it, but it was hardly worth it financially to the studio.

Neo Darkhalen
Yeah but Venom's better then Spider-man, in fact he's better then most marvel heroes and villains.

It makes logical sense to make a movie out of him, they milked everything else out of him....he's even becoming final boss material in Marvel games.

Kazenji
Yeah but Venom's better then Spider-man, in fact he's better then most marvel heroes and villains.

Not really

He's good but not 'That' good.

roughrider

What the f**k?

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Kazenji
Not really

He's good but not 'That' good.

Well he has proven that he is more popular some Marvel heroes, maybe not on the scale of Hulk.

But yeah i prefer him over Spider-Man.

roughrider
Well he has proven that he is more popular some Marvel heroes, maybe not on the scale of Hulk.

The success of the Hulk movie franchise is WAY behind Spider Man, Iron Man, X-Men & the Fantastic Four. Heck, it's barely on a par with the Blade series.
How successful do you really think Venom will be, by comparison?

Kazenji
They don't say if they're gonna ignore everything what happened with the character in Spider-Man 3 or start fresh.....

http://www.superherohype.com/news/spider-mannews.php?id=8212

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kazenji
They don't say if they're gonna ignore everything what happened with the character in Spider-Man 3 or start fresh.....

http://www.superherohype.com/news/spider-mannews.php?id=8212

i think they will do a combo of both

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.