The Kais !! Gaurdians of the Universe !!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BradBalboa
As far as we can tell there are 4 levels of Kais

Lower Kais : Kai of the North ( King Kai )
Kai of the South
Kai of the West
Kai of the East
Each of these Kais watch over the main Galaxy in there sector of the Universe

Mid-Tier Kai: Grand Kai
The Kai who watches over the 4 Kais

High-Level kai ( Kioshin ): Supreme Kai of the East (Supreme Kai/ Shin )
Supreme Kai of the North
Supreme Kai of the West
Supreme Kai of the South
Each of the Supreme Kai watches over their sector of the universe, similar to the lower level kais only they watch over an entire sector of the Universe !! Most of these Kais where wiped out by Majin buu thousands of years ago, with only the Supreme Kai of the East surviving !

Highest Level Kai : Daikio
The big daddy, the highest ranking God in the Universe !! Absorbed by Majin Buu

It is obvious the Kais are all pretty powerful in some right, the Supreme Kai states that he and his now dead counterparts where each 1000 Times more powerful than Frieza himself !!Kais are said to be Omniscient, meaning they know everything !!They also show other powers such as telekenisis, and telapatchic abilitys !! Also they have shown the ability to create matter out of nothing. The 4 Kais also fought together and defreated Bojack who was a galaxy destroyer by Sealing him inside a star !! Kais rule, what do u think ??

Dark-Jaxx
They are certainly not Omniscient. Buu would not have wiped them out if they were.

BradBalboa

Magee
They were weak and being 1000 times stronger than Freiza is what you call hyperbole.

"Hyperbole (pronounced /haɪˈpɝːbəli/ hye-PER-buh-lee; "HYE-per-bowl" is a mispronunciation) comes from Greek "υπερβολή" (meaning exaggeration) and is a figure of speech in which statements are exaggerated. It may be used to evoke strong feelings or to create a strong impression, and is not meant to be taken literally."

BradBalboa
Why would the supreme kai of all people lie, it wasnt like he was messign around trying to make himself look tough, he read vegetas mind and saw vegeta wasnt taking the threat of Buu seriously so toled him the truth that Buu took out 4 Gods each 1000x Stronger thhan frieza

dadudemon
Originally posted by BradBalboa
Why would the supreme kai of all people lie, it wasnt like he was messign around trying to make himself look tough, he read vegetas mind and saw vegeta wasnt taking the threat of Buu seriously so toled him the truth that Buu took out 4 Gods each 1000x Stronger thhan frieza

Correct. Each ascension is exponential in power. A SSJ2 was stronger than any of the Kais, by a significant amount. 1000x stronger isn't really that much towards the end of DBZ.

Dark-Jaxx
Yeah it's not like 1,000 times stronger than Frieza is even that much...

BradBalboa
Well Grand Kai was more powerful than Goku when he first went to the gandkais planet !!and Piccolo was terrified of the Supreme Kai, when he thought he was the Grand Kai, when he found out he was actually the SUPREME kai !! he shit a brick big grin
I wonder, King Kai was terrified of Friezas power, Frieza was going round terrorizing the Universe, but the Kais only got involoved with Bojack ( sealing him in a star at the edge of the N.Galaxy) and Buu, but obviously whatever they tried on him didnt work until the Supreme Kai killed Bibadi !!

Kento
Ya know...I wouldn't be surprised that Cell was stronger than Kaioshin. He was after all scared of Dabura, and called Yakon strong.

BradBalboa
Remeber the Kais powers arent all to dow ith fighting, similar to lower levels god slike Kami, who at first is considered strong, even after just about everyone surpases him he is still valued and respected.
Cell vs Supreme Kai.....
Cell more powerful, but Supreme Kai is probably smarter, plus if Supreme Kai was fighting cell to make sure he wasnt going to revive Buu he cud maybe win sicne he wud be very determined !

Kento
Kaioshin would probably have trouble fighting Yakon. No way he's going to beat Cell because he's determined. But that's besides the point. I was never really sure what the point was with the gods..They aren't that powerful all things considered. King Kai is probably around Nappa's level, and the highest god Kaioshin is below Cell.

Endless Mike
It was stated in the original that each of the Kaioshins could have killed Frieza in 1 attack. Being 1000 times more powerful than him was just in the American dub (like Raditz being lightspeed). Bojack was never a galaxy destroyer, there was 1 line that said he tried to destroy some galaxy but that's it. Not to mention he's not canon.

Omniscience is obviously wrong, just look at any of the times they were surprised by things (such as how quickly Vegeta defeated Puipui).

King Kai (North Kaioh) stated that Nappa and Vegeta were both stronger than he was.

Astner
Grand Kai was only mentioned by Piccolo when he tried to guess who Shin was. His position was never confirmed.

BradBalboa
Originally posted by Endless Mike
It was stated in the original that each of the Kaioshins could have killed Frieza in 1 attack. Being 1000 times more powerful than him was just in the American dub (like Raditz being lightspeed). Bojack was never a galaxy destroyer, there was 1 line that said he tried to destroy some galaxy but that's it. Not to mention he's not canon.

Omniscience is obviously wrong, just look at any of the times they were surprised by things (such as how quickly Vegeta defeated Puipui).

King Kai (North Kaioh) stated that Nappa and Vegeta were both stronger than he was.

Yeh the dub i seen Supreme says to Vegeta " There where 5 Grand Kais at that time ( meaning supreme kais really) each one a thousand times more powerful than the one you called Frieza"

King Kai says" Long ago he tried to destroy every Galaxy in the Domidiar ( o clue what that is) sector " !! Bojack as non canon was galaxy destroyer !
Goku does say to Kign Kai " Hey, i though you Kais where supposed to know everythign", Greagory shouts at Goku for questiopnign Kais knowledge " KING KAI KNOWS EVERYTHIGN YOU DOPE" !! So in a sense they do, exept for new things liek wen something happens thats new thye dont know thats, meanign thy can be surprised !

Dark-Jaxx
Grand Kai by his own words would have to start training again to keep up with Goku or Pikkon.

Remember, the Kaioshin that Goku met was the weakest of the Kaioshin, that buff one was able to hold off Kid Buu and even managed to rip off his arm, and the Daikio was able to knock back the strongest form of Buu. I would say all in all most of the Kaioshin were pretty strong.

King Kandy
The buff Kaioshin was just as powerful as kid Buu, he just didn't have the same stamina and got beat by a cheap-ass absorption.

BradBalboa
If the fight had continued Buu wud have won, not just by stamina, by everythign he gets more powerful as he fights and evolves to his oponents fighting style. but yeh the supreme kais where powerful, i doubt the east Skai was the weakest the south ( the girl) porbably was, then the kai of the west ( old man) then east, then north, ( since the north side of the universe seems to hold the strongest fighters) then daikio. Who true fought of buu in his strongest from , but that was at the time, buu in his kid buu form is alot more powerful than buff buu

King Kandy
but that was at the time, buu in his kid buu form is alot more powerful than buff buu
Oh yeah? Then why exactly did he absorb North Kaioshin? To make himself weaker?

BradBalboa
He absorbed him because thats Buu, Its a weel nown fatc but got WEAKER after absorbign the Kais, when he is transforming into kidd bu vegeta says" how cna his power be INcreasing instead of decreasing" !! Daikios pure heart weakened Buu to the point he became like a child !

BradBalboa
Kid Buu doesnt think" Ill absorb him ill get stroner" he was fighting and just thought "Buu make u gone"..and done it, buu doesnt hav rationality like other villians hes more a force of nature

Endless Mike
Yeh the dub i seen Supreme says to Vegeta " There where 5 Grand Kais at that time ( meaning supreme kais really) each one a thousand times more powerful than the one you called Frieza"

You can see two errors in that dub line already. You already admitted one (grand instead of supreme), so now you can admit the other one. It's a dub error.

Since when does trying to do something = doing it? I can try to punch the earth apart, but that doesn't mean I'll succeed.

That's called a hyperbole. They obviously don't know everything, King Kai didn't know Goku was a Saiyan, he didn't know about Cell, Kaioshin didn't know about all of the SSJ transformations and the potara fusion, they kept getting surprised by Buu's power, etc. Really, taking obviously false dialogue over actual events is the hallmark of someone who doesn't know how to analyze fiction properly.

Dark-Jaxx
If the fight had continued Buu wud have won, not just by stamina, by everythign he gets more powerful as he fights and evolves to his oponents fighting style. but yeh the supreme kais where powerful, i doubt the east Skai was the weakest the south ( the girl) porbably was, then the kai of the west ( old man) then east, then north, ( since the north side of the universe seems to hold the strongest fighters) then daikio. Who true fought of buu in his strongest from , but that was at the time, buu in his kid buu form is alot more powerful than buff buu No. Actually, the girl was second only to the South Kaioshin in power, with the old man in 3rd. East Kaioshin by his own words is weakest.

Also, it only states that Daikio weakened Buu due to his benevolent nature, South Kaioshin was never stated to do so, so we must assume buff Buu is stronger than Kid Buu.

BradBalboa
it was NORTH kai that he absorbed !! i think..the south kai was the girl that i remeber !!
either way as far a si know Kid buu is the most powerful as he is the true BUU !!

Dark-Jaxx
it was NORTH kai that he absorbed !! i think..the south kai was the girl that i remeber !!
either way as far a si know Kid buu is the most powerful as he is the true BUU !! No, it was South, North was the old man and West was the girl.

Kid Buu is weaker than Super Buu(Gohan absorbed) and Buff Buu.

BradBalboa
Physically he probably isnt as strong as buff Buu but deffinately faster and all round more deadly, and true gohan buu is stronger, but it seems only fat buu and Kid Buu get stronger and stronger as they fight !!]

Kid Buu which i hate calling him is the best Buu !!

anyways this sint about buu 9 altought he is my fav character) this is about the kais !!!!!!!!!

BradBalboa
and the dub i watched said the buetiful supreme kai of the south was the first to engage Majin Buu in battle !!

It was also icy where they ofught, which laso made it more southern !!
And in the version i watched ther Big Kai was the Kai of the North, and he was the most powerful said so by Supreme kai himself !!!!

Dark-Jaxx
Well the dub can suck my balls.

In canon, the South Kaioshin was the buff one and was the strongest, the West Kaioshin was the girl and was second strongest, North was the old man, and East is the current one.

Daikio is probably the strongest, by Kaioshin's(East) own words his attack on Buu would have destroyed any other creature.

Kid Buu is not the strongest, he is the most unpredictable and dangerous.

As a matter of fact, Super Buu(no one absorbed) is stronger than Kid Buu, Goku by his own admission could never beat him, whereas SSJ3 Goku could fight on near even terms with Kid Buu.

Buff Buu is more powerful than Kid Buu as well.

BradBalboa
Super Buu isnt more powerful than True Buu !!

Vegeta says when Super Buu is transforming bakc to kid buu " how can his power be increasing"!!

Its fuked up that goku says even him and vegeta together couldnt fight super buu, they could but unlickely win!!

Kid Buu is 2nd or 3rd strongest Buu!
Plus southern kai was girl, the south galaxys is renound for weak fighters so it makes sense its kai wud be the weakest !!

Astner
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Grand Kai by his own words would have to start training again to keep up with Goku or Pikkon.
But that's filler as Toriyama never wrote that. Grand Kai's position is unknown.

Vampire Savior
A Kai is one poor excuse for a God, Goku should take over as Supreme Kai.

BradBalboa
..considering Goku is a Saiyan, and not a Kai !! he cant !!

Goku was offered the role of Gaurdian of the Earth by Kami, but turned it down as he thought being a god was boring haha !!
Plus the supreme Kai is more powerful than Goku until he trains in otherworld !! so i would say Kais are patchetic !!

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Astner
But that's filler as Toriyama never wrote that. Grand Kai's position is unknown. Since that's also the only appearance of Grand Kai...Wtf else are we gonna use to gauge his power? no expression

Dark-Jaxx
Super Buu isnt more powerful than True Buu !!

Vegeta says when Super Buu is transforming bakc to kid buu " how can his power be increasing"!!

Its fuked up that goku says even him and vegeta together couldnt fight super buu, they could but unlickely win!!

Kid Buu is 2nd or 3rd strongest Buu!
Plus southern kai was girl, the south galaxys is renound for weak fighters so it makes sense its kai wud be the weakest !! 1. Yeah he is.

2. In filler maybe.

3. Yet Goku by himself could fight with Kid Buu. erm

4. No, West Kaioshin was the girl, and she was the second strongest, second to the buff one, the Southern. And the South Galaxy is known for being a gentle, not necessarily weak galaxy.

BradBalboa
Goku himself in Super Saiyan 3 !!
Goku never fought Super Buu byhimself in ssj3, not just super buu, only super buu absorbed gohan !!

Kid Buu is more pwoerful than Super Buu

Ban Mido

Wasn't that because at the time he was in the buff buu state (going into it)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A60nrxkwFaI around 6:15?

then he just goes into the kid form again, which is like someone said earlier of course the most dangerous and unpredictable state O_O

BradBalboa
True it was while he was transforming to buff bu, but vegeta didnt say anythign abou him gettign weaker when he went to kid buu,. and supreme kai was terrified when he saw super buu changing back to true buu

Dark-Jaxx
Of course, every other Buu at least had some degree of intelligence, rationale, or sanity, Kid Buu had none, he would never stop destroying for any reason.

Endless Mike
You actually think Kid Buu was stronger than Super Buu?

Read the manga, it's made very clear that Super Buu is stronger

BradBalboa
Ok what ever i dont care

Kai talk people, not unstopable pink monsters :P

BradBalboa
I just watched kid buus fights witht eh suprem kais, and the funimation dub says that the girl is west kai and the old man is north with buf being south. the ocean dub says girl south, old man west and buf north which is how i belive it is !! makes alot more sense

Dark-Jaxx
No it doesn't. The original Japanese clearly states it being the way Funimation put it.

Vampire Savior
..considering Goku is a Saiyan, and not a Kai !! he cant !! I know, I just think they're weak.

Goku was offered the role of Gaurdian of the Earth by Kami, but turned it down as he thought being a god was boring haha !!
Plus the supreme Kai is more powerful than Goku until he trains in otherworld !! so i would say Kais are patchetic !! Yeah the Supreme Kai was stronger than Goku in maybe the Cell saga.

BradBalboa
which is still impressive, remeber its not just their fightign ability, Supreme Kai has extremely powerful mental attacks, he had Piccolo petrified, and he ddint even do anythign exepct say
"You'll know soon"
which was really cool big grin

Endless Mike
Didn't Picollo just not want to fight a Kaioshin? After all, he had merged with Kami at that point and probably thought it would be sacreligious or something

BradBalboa
thats a good point. But when Goku asked piccolo if he though Supreme Kai ( whom piccolo thought was actually the Grand Kai) was strong piccolo replyed by saying " Hes more powerful than you can imagine" !! and thats when he though ehw as the Grand Kai, the Grand Kai as far as we can tell was around as strong as Goku when he fougth cell, after that Goku was more pwoerful as grand kai would fight him haha
my fav line from grand kai
DBZ:Fusion Reborn
"WOW its like otherworld a bridge and Gokus a hurricane" !!
when goku was powering up to ssj3 !! so pre-otherworld trainign Goku it seems was weaker than the Grand Kai !! who is a lessar God to Supreme Kai. Plus Picolo would have felt obligated to show SK repect as he IS the highest ranking God in the Universe ( at the time)

Darkstorm Zero
I honestly beleive Kid Buu to be the single strongest and indeed most powerful incarnation of the Buu... There is a LOT of conjecture about what was said when Goku tried to fuse with Vegeta, and then when he chose to fight Kid Buu mono-e -mono.

Kid Buu's feats are on a whole nother level compared to even Super Buu Gohan absorbed... The energy used for the Vanishing ball for instance was charged a whole lot faster when Kid Buu did it, and then he was popping planets like pimples on an high school dropout's acne ridden face... Then the fact that he OUTLASTED both Goku SSJ3 and Vegeta SSJ2...

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
I honestly beleive Kid Buu to be the single strongest and indeed most powerful incarnation of the Buu... There is a LOT of conjecture about what was said when Goku tried to fuse with Vegeta, and then when he chose to fight Kid Buu mono-e -mono.

Kid Buu's feats are on a whole nother level compared to even Super Buu Gohan absorbed... The energy used for the Vanishing ball for instance was charged a whole lot faster when Kid Buu did it, and then he was popping planets like pimples on an high school dropout's acne ridden face... Then the fact that he OUTLASTED both Goku SSJ3 and Vegeta SSJ2... Mystic Gohan is more powerful than SSJ3 Goku, who is able to fight evenly with Buu.

After Buu absorbed Piccolo and Gotenks, he was far stronger than Gohan, and then got stronger. Only fused Vegeto could beat him.

And Buff Buu has to be stronger since he basically is Kid Buu, only he absorbed someone.

Darkstorm Zero
Mystic Gohan is more powerful than SSJ3 Goku, who is able to fight evenly with Buu.

After Buu absorbed Piccolo and Gotenks, he was far stronger than Gohan, and then got stronger. Only fused Vegeto could beat him.

And Buff Buu has to be stronger since he basically is Kid Buu, only he absorbed someone.

Err... Gohan would have been pubnded into the ground by Buu if Gotenks's fusion hand't worn off... But what makes Gohan above Goku then? since Goku fought a stronger Buu to a draw?

Mystic Gohan is basically on par with SSJ3 without the energy draining of the Transformation, there was no difference in power.

As for Buf Buu being stronger, perhaps purely physically speaking, but energy levels and speed are easily Kid Buu's, by leagues...

Dark-Jaxx
Err... Gohan would have been pubnded into the ground by Buu if Gotenks's fusion hand't worn off...

Mystic Gohan is basically on par with SSJ3 without the energy draining of the Transformation, there was no difference in power. 1. No, SSJ3 Goku fought evenly with Kid Buu.

2. No, there is a power difference. Gohan is stronge. Goku by his own admission could never defeat Super Buu with no one absorbed. Mystic Gohan totally dominated Super Buu.

Darkstorm Zero
1. No, SSJ3 Goku fought evenly with Kid Buu.

2. No, there is a power difference. Gohan is stronge. Goku by his own admission could never defeat Super Buu with no one absorbed. Mystic Gohan totally dominated Super Buu.

#1: Exactly, and losing due to Stamina issues and Kid Buu getting stronger.

#2: Thats funny, considering he was toying with Fat Buu... AND, there's nothing any of the Super Buu's have done that even comes close to Kid Buu at all...

Dark-Jaxx
#1: Exactly, and losing due to Stamina issues and Kid Buu getting stronger.

#2: Thats funny, considering he was toying with Fat Buu... AND, there's nothing any of the Super Buu's have done that even comes close to Kid Buu at all... 1. Seriously, where the hell did people come up with this Kid Buu getting stronger BS? I never heard it in the aime or manga.

2. KAy. Super Buu is over twice as powerful as Fat Buu, what with being made of Fat Buu and a Buu that was much stronger than Fat Buu.

Matter of fact, Fat Buu by himself managed to give Kid Buu some trouble, whereas Evil Buu beat the shit out of Fat Buu.

Darkstorm Zero
#1: Never weakening, never tiring, seems to only be getting stronger, statements all made by Goku while he was talking to vegeta, or in his own thoughts during breaks in the action...

#2: He toyed with Fat Buu even more easily that pure Super Buu did... Not to mention that by ABSORBING Fatt buu would have made Super Buu weaker, since Fat Buu still contains the essence of the Daikaio..

#3: What trouble: oh you mean when Hercule and Vegeta distracted him? oh yeah... real comparison... Kid Buu vs Fat Buu, ssj3 Goku, ssj2 Vegeta and that screaming wanker Hercule <<< Fat Buu vs Pure Evil Buu... NOT!...

Dark-Jaxx
#1: Never weakening, never tiring, seems to only be getting stronger, statements all made by Goku while he was talking to vegeta, or in his own thoughts during breaks in the action...

#2: He toyed with Fat Buu even more easily that pure Super Buu did... Not to mention that by ABSORBING Fatt buu would have made Super Buu weaker, since Fat Buu still contains the essence of the Daikaio..

#3: What trouble: oh you mean when Hercule and Vegeta distracted him? oh yeah... real comparison... Kid Buu vs Fat Buu, ssj3 Goku, ssj2 Vegeta and that screaming wanker Hercule <<< Fat Buu vs Pure Evil Buu... NOT!... 1. Well those are what we call fallible 3rd party statements mate.

2. No he didn't...Evil Buu held off Fat Buu with ease, Fat Buu didn't get a single hit in. Really? Cause absorbing Fat Buu made Buu stronger in the manga and anime.

3. No I mean when Fat Buu on his own gave Kid Buu trouble, able to hold him off for a short while.

Darkstorm Zero
#1: 2nd party, from the guy who fought him, and he repeated it numerous times, that makes it more credible than a vague notation...

#2: Err, there's a few things your missing, firstly, Kid Buu was amusing himself greatly when he was fighting Fat Buu, while Pure Evil Buu was serious constantly... Secontly, for all the blows Fat Buu Landed, he did precisely NO damage.

BUT, lets follow your logic for a moment, lets say we take what you just said at face value, IF that where the determining criteria, then Goku should be a lot higher on the list, because Fat Buu couldn't land a single hit on SSJ3 Goku either...

#3: You call that trouble? Fat Buu did no damage whatsoever, thats like saying you where distracted by a fly... which in this case happens to be an appropreate description....

Darth Macabre
The DBZ Universe is divided up into four different quadrants, with Kaioshins ruling over an individual quadrant (the Dai-Kaioshin rules over it all). Then, the quadrants themselves are divided up into four, with a Kai ruling over each individual sub-quadrant (in the Anime the Grand Kai rules over each of the sub-quadrants, apparently reporting to the respective Kaioshin directly). That's how the DBZ universe is divided up in the daizenshu.

BradBalboa
Yes 4 quadrants of the universe each of which originally had a supreme kai watchign ove rit, the kais ( king kai level) watched over the main galaxy of each quarant, they cudnt watch over lets say the north quadrant of each sector as there would be alot more kais runnign around plus !! ...

Kid Buu got weaker when he absorbed the kais, not just daikio, old kais words " oo so they weakened him" it was Daikios pure good eccense that turned buff buu into fat bu, but when he absored the north supreme kai his pwoerlevel was weakened, he just got buffer, cause that Kai was buff !!

Plus it is stated many time that during a fight Kid Buu and Fta buu for that matter gain power
Gokus words " Darn you, your twice as strong as you where before how do I beat you"?
Uub then inheriates this from buu vegetas words" That kid, hes actually learning to fight, while hes fighting" this showed Buu an Uub both evolve to whoever they are fighting in fightign sense !!Gokus wordw hile fightign fat buu" This cant go on much longer, im loosing energy fats and Majin Buu keeps getting stronger by the second " !! In a prolonged fight Kidd Buu has the massive advantage of never tiering and gettin stronger and stronger !!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.