What're your top 5 favorite Batman Villains and why?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scythe
Ah geez, all of Batman's villains are just great. Filled with classic and unforgettable villains that have truly depicted the epitome of villainy, post your favorites, and if ya care to share, why they're your favorites, please do. Happy postings.

There's quite a few that couldn't make my list, but here they are:

1) Harley Quinn, oh my, she's ever so hot, she's clever and has a great sense of humor. her sick comedy always make me laugh.

2) The Scarecrow, no not the little gimped punk from Batman Begins and TDK, the actual Scarecrow Jonathan Crane. He's a favorite of mine for always messing with the Bat-Family with his fear toxin. I always loved how hallucinations would make everyone later doubt Batman/Bruce.

3) Bane, he's insanely cool and broke the Bat, oh my! The venom using, steriod machine has been able to physically beat the Batman down, something very few enemies have been able to do.

4) The Joker, althought not my top choice, his sick, vile mind is something that gives me kicks. He's a madman that has no addition abilities, he's basically a very sick individual and that takes balls. Dun Dun Dun!

5) Two-Face, although Azreal was tied for fifth spot for me, Azreal isn't all that well known to average Bat-Fans. So I'd have to go with Two-Face, I loved him in the animated series. He's one of those villains that has really lost it all and craves revenge.

ragesRemorse
1. Joker. Nothing needs to be said on why he should be in anyone's list on favorite batman villains. He is my favorite for one simple reason...,he gets the best writing. Writers obviously like exploring and playing with the Joker. Anytime he is apart of a series. The series has an incredible chance at being entertaining and memorable.

2. Bane. Even though Bane has become a mindless thug that is brushed off. At one time Bane's character was mysterious and fascinating. in the Knightfall series, he showed intelligence along with unstoppable strength. Bane makes my number 2 because no other villain broke batman in the way that Bane did. Bane not only broke his motherfcuking back, but also his will to live.

3 Blackmask. To me, Blackmask is everything that the penguin should have been. Blackmask is essentially a cool Penguin. For the most part he is a penguin/joker hybrid. He is insane, yet a criminal genius that likes to play mind games. I like the blackmask primarily because of his devotion of fcuking with Bruce Wayne. He is one of the only villains that hates Bruce Wayne more than Batman.

4. Scarecrow. In his many interpretations the Scarecrow, much like the joker, always ALWAYS offers the reader a good time. Where the Joker relies on chaos and chance for his scheme's. The scarecrow relies on precise planning and strategy. His intentions are also very sinister and cunning. The most interesting thing about the Scarecrow is his intelligence. It is not always obvious, but his intelligence and manipulation abilities are more frightening than his fear toxin. Also, seeing how the Scarecrow analyzes the criminal mind all the time is fascinating.

5. Mr Freeze. Mr freeze makes my top because he is one of the only, over the top batman villains that i enjoy. Like Two-face, Mr freeze has a good guy inside of him and i think his good/evil contrast has been handled better than Two-face in many ways. Two-face has no control over his darker and more evil ambitions. Two-face is psychologically insane and broken, his evil deeds come from a lost conscience. Mr Freeze, however, is fully aware of his actions and often justifies them in clear, coherent and convincing points. Mr Freeze has always been the most SANE and natural villain to me. He has a conscience and ideals. I will use a quote from the Scarecrow to describe Mr Freeze...,"through the eyes of evil, good is in the wrong, but through the eye's of the indifferent you're all crazy for believing in good and evil"

SelinaAndBruce
1. The Joker. Because he's the most awesome villain ever period and he drives Batman insane to a further extent. He pushes Batman to his limit. I like that.

2. Two Face: I like the whole duality thing with him and how he absolves himself from guilt by placing all of his actions on the toss of a coin to decide whether he will make evil or good choices. I also love that he used to be a good guy and that he got driven insane trying to do the right thing.

3. Hush: he gets props from me period from being able to manipulate some of Batman's most amazing enemies and for being able to pull that whole storyline off in his series and I like that the connection he has to Bruce's childhood as well.

4. Mr. Freeze: From the the animated series his story is tragic and you can understand his pain and still root for Batman to catch him.

5. Harley Quinn: she's the Joker's side kick and does it all in the name of love, even if it is insane I dig it.

Bat Dude
1. Two-Face: The most psychologically driven character in the Batman mythos... He was D.A., but was driven insane by the criminals he was fighting... He's a kool visual, and his story is tragic and interesting...

2. Joker: He's a classic... Although he's a member of the rotation, he's the most entertaining...

3. Reaper: The most interesting character outside the big 5... His story as Gotham's original vigilante is one that I'm always up for reading... It's just a great story and a great visual... He made Batman do the unthinkable (use a gun), and that gets major props from me...

4. Scarecrow: His fear gas is one of my favorite comic book weapons... He can mess with your mind, make you see things that aren't even there... That, and when artists go crazy with his look, he can be legitimately frightening at first glance...

5. Carmine Falcone: I like the stories where Batman is battling gangsters, and Falcone was the top dog (he also looked a little like Vito Corleone in the comics)

Mr Parker
1.Catwoman.cause shes so sexy and hot.LOL
2.The Joker.Like someone else said,no need to list the reason why he is in my top 5.
3.The Riddler-He's really funny.
4.The Penguin.same reason.
5.Harley Quinn.-same reason you had.

Scythe
Oh great, thanks for postin' everyone, you all had great reasons why you've chosen you're favorite baddies!

Neo Darkhalen
1) The Joker, i don't think i need to give a reason, it's all been said before
2) Riddler, there's something very interesting about the Riddler, how can you not like a guy who gives out riddles every time he commits a crime......when Batman gets involved with Riddler it's usually a battle of the mind and of problem solving, something you don't see much of from super villains, he also had an awesome costume in the 90's TAS.
3) Mr. Freeze, while i am not a fan of his "Mr. Zero" days, i found a lot of new respect for him when the 90's TAS reinvented the character it gave him a new depth that he never had.
4) At first it would have been Killer Croc, but now that i think about it more i think for me Scarecrow is a much more interesting villain, for the fact that he uses psychology and fear to manipulate his foes, it's always interesting to see what he will do and how his fear gas will manipulate someone.
5) Two-Face, very interesting concept, he has a split personality and decides everything based off of a coin toss, tip it of with a parallel in Bruce Wayne and Batman, and how they are two separate personality's and there decisions also very and you have a close look at two-face you can see a connection, his origin is very interesting as well, how such a force of good, could fall to the bottom it's a very sad and moving tale.

Wolverine2006
1. The Joker of course, he's my favorite villain of all time.
2. Two Face, because he has a two in his name, just joking. He's a tragic villain with a great origin, and he's generally really interesting.
3. Bane, c'mon he broke Batman's back.
4. Black Mask, he's done his share of impressively bad things.
5. The Riddler, he earned alot of respect in Batman: Hush.

The Heap
1. Clayface - TAS version.

2. Bane - Legends of the Dark Knight version - where he had long brown hair.

3. Man-Bat - Rogue's Gallery version.

4. Harley Quinn - TAS version.

5. Killer Croc - Rogue's Gallery version.

Maistro
How people can consider drawn characters hot is beyond me

nimbus006
1. Joker
2. Ra's Al Ghul
3. Hush
4. Bane
5. Dent

Scythe
Could we please offer a little as to why these said villains are favorites of yours please?

Da Joker
1. Joker - Need I say more?

2. Two-Face - I like how he goes to being a Batman who abides by the law (in a way) to someone who feels that chance is all we have, and that every single thing should be judged by a flip of the coin. While being one of the best villains of all time, he's also one of the most tragic.

3. Harley Quinn - Not sure why...she's just recently become a big favorite. I guess it's mainly because no matter what, she never leaves the Joker. She has the most odd sense of loyalty.

4. Scarecrow - The guy uses fear as a weapon...our own fears to be exact. How cool is that? I also think the costume is pretty neat, and the fact that he loves to induce fear is interesting.

5. Ra's Al Ghul - I like how the guy wants to purify the world in his own way by whiping out every city he deems bad. The fact that he wants Batman by his side and as a surrogate son is also interesting. I loved how they played into his character in Begins and made him more of a mentor to Wayne, as well as a trainer.

Scythe
Originally posted by Da Joker
1. Joker - Need I say more?

Yes you do, for all I know, he might be your number one because you fancy his brand of popsicles that the ice cream man is sold many years ago.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Scythe
Yes you do, for all I know, he might be your number one because you fancy his brand of popsicles that the ice cream man is sold many years ago.

In all due respect i think everyone has given the same reason to why Joker is in the list, it's pretty hard to not put him on there, we all know he's the perfect foil for Batman.

Scythe
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
In all due respect i think everyone has given the same reason to why Joker is in the list, it's pretty hard to not put him on there, we all know he's the perfect foil for Batman.

Hahaha, I know, I just wanted to hear Ledger glory.

spetznaz
1) The Joker. The only person who has consistently been able to get inside the mind of the Bat. He is either a super-psychotic criminal, or a super-brilliant criminal whose brilliance is misinterpreted as madness (that theory was once explored in a comic). Either way, he is brilliant enough to be the Bat's cerebral antagonist. In a way he represents the madness that drives Bruce Wayne, and in many ways the two share the same demons! It is just that Bruce is more organized and less chaotic, but they are both stark raving mad! No wonder they always gravitate towards each other.

2) Ras Al Ghul. A man that could easily be what Bruce Wayne will be in the future. He presents the constant temptation that the Bat has to face .....the ability to actually stop crime and solve things by using his great wealth and influence. Think of it, Ras wants to do good ....it is just that his good means killing most of Earth's human population in order to cleanse it. If Batman ever suffered a breakdown, he could easily become someone like Ras (which might be why Ras always admires the Bat and wants him to be his heir ....he recognizes the potential in the Bat). You also have to realize that Batman has been tempted by the Lazarus pits in the past, and currently has a Lazarus pit in the Bat cave. Imagine what will happen when a Batman who is 50 years old and not as fast as he was before looks at that pit ......and the temptation of being ever youthful comes. It is a slippery slope Batman will always face, and Ras is basically a Batman who went too far.

3) Hush. Another cerebral antagonist to the Bat protagonist. He is also what the Bat could become if he had taken another path after the demise of his parents. Rich, super-clever, and willing to do anything to achieve his objectives. Also able to use prep to weave a very intricate plan that comes together in the end. Shhhh .....

4) The Red Hood. Once again another representation of what the Bat could do if he stopped holding back. Imagine it, no need to take people to Arkham or Blackgate (only for them to escape a few weeks later, or get released by a corrupt legal system). Imagine never having to hold back ....which would make Batman into a Lady Shiva with gadgets! Imagine never having to worry about the ethics of taking over the financial system, or taking down the Government (think of what the Bat could have done when Lex was president ....the guy was infiltrating the White House like it was a joke). Batman holds back too much, and the Red Hood represents the temptation of finally NOT doing that. Of Batman deciding to really let go.

5) The criminal that shot his parents. Simply for the question on whether that perp created the Batman, or if the Batman always existed (some evil dark seed within the young Bruce Wayne) and he only awakened it. What would have happened if the parents had never been shot? Would Bruce have become a serial killer instead? His level of dedication (which is actually controlled madness and zealotry) means he would never have been 'normal.'

Maybe that criminal did the world a favor!

Imagine the evil potential of a Bruce Wayne without a dedicated goal?

Or, even if you believe Bruce would still have been good (I do not, I think Bruce is inherently evil ....it is just that, for now, he targets evil doers ...think of it ....the guy had a Sinestro ring choose him in the entire sector!!!!!! Why would a ring attracted to fear and evil select a HUMAN) .....anyways, even if you believe Bruce would still have been good, had the parents not died he would not have been Batman. Think about all the terrorist attacks and alien attacks and metahuman attacks that would have occured, without a Batman to stop them?

For one, Gotham city would have been destroyed many times over (imagine the No Man's Land event without a Batman)?

That makes the nameless faceless criminal (even though some writers have tried to hint it is so or so) the most important criminal on my list, even if he is at number 5.

That is because that criminal represents random potential and probable choice ....probability and self-questioning.

What if?

My favorite villain of them all!

Da Joker
Originally posted by Scythe

That comment was uncalled for, so chill out.

Philosophía
Joker
Two-Face
Ra's al Ghul
Scarecrow
Bane
Riddler
Hush

Besides the first two, everyone is interchangeable.

Scythe
Originally posted by Da Joker
That comment was uncalled for, so chill out.

Don't tell me what to do, child. There was no ill intention in my post toward you, I was simply stating a reason. It's my reason as well. When I was growing up, the ice cream trucks used to sell these delicious iced popsicles, they had Batman, the Joker and Robin. Batman's tasted the worse since it was some sort of black ice mixture. Never tried Robin's and the Joker's was my favorite and it had the best gumball eyeballs.

Da Joker
Uh, yeah....

Anyway, Two-Face has always been a favorite, and I firmly believe Tommy Lee Jones could've done a great job if that dumbass Schumacher had never been attached.

Almighty Bauer
1) The Joker.

2) Two Face. A character with internal conflict, and much more interesting than lots of other villains who are rather 2-Dimensional.

3) Bane. At least when he first appeared, Bane was a brilliant character- so mysterious, a genius who could also pose a physical threat to Batman. Not sure about the character's development since Knightfall (Ra's al Ghul's lackey, then a hero)...

4) Scarecrow. An awesome idea- an enemy who can make you have to face your own fear.

5) Carmine 'The Roman' Falcone. I love the 'Year One'-period stories, which focus a lot on Batman's struggle against the mob, and Falcone was the one at the head of Gotham's mob in some of my favourite stories (Year One and the Long Halloween) as being portrayed pretty well in Begins.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
1) The Joker, i don't think i need to give a reason, it's all been said before
2) Riddler, there's something very interesting about the Riddler, how can you not like a guy who gives out riddles every time he commits a crime......when Batman gets involved with Riddler it's usually a battle of the mind and of problem solving, something you don't see much of from super villains, he also had an awesome costume in the 90's TAS.
3) Mr. Freeze, while i am not a fan of his "Mr. Zero" days, i found a lot of new respect for him when the 90's TAS reinvented the character it gave him a new depth that he never had.
4) At first it would have been Killer Croc, but now that i think about it more i think for me Scarecrow is a much more interesting villain, for the fact that he uses psychology and fear to manipulate his foes, it's always interesting to see what he will do and how his fear gas will manipulate someone.
5) Two-Face, very interesting concept, he has a split personality and decides everything based off of a coin toss, tip it of with a parallel in Bruce Wayne and Batman, and how they are two separate personality's and there decisions also very and you have a close look at two-face you can see a connection, his origin is very interesting as well, how such a force of good, could fall to the bottom it's a very sad and moving tale.

Yeah those are great reasons why to like The Riddler,thats why I like him so much as well.Real good reasons for liking Two face as well.Yeah that makes him a really interesting villain as well.

Toku King
1. Joker - No one can top the Joker in my book when it comes to Batman villains. He's bat shit crazy(no pun intended) villain who kills because it's funny to him. Life is just one big joke in his brain, and will do anything to make Batman see it. And when it's either marketing jokerized fish or torturing Jim Gordon, the Joker will always be the epidemy of 'HOLY CRAP!'.

2. Bane - He's the kind of mastermind that Batman would be if his enitire life was a waking nightmare. Bane is my second favorite Batman villain because of how interesting he was before DC chopped him up. Living in hell since he was a child, you feel bad for the big lug frequently, and also amaze at the awesomeness that was his plan in 'Knightfall'. I mean.... damn.

3. Scarecrow - Jonathon Crane is cool to me because he's the worst nightmare of both sane and insane people. Either way, he will screw with your mind through fear and agony. In that respect, he's the Joker if he used scare tactics instead of insanity(which are less effective, but still flipping brilliant), and for that, he kicks major ass.

4. Black Mask: There's just something about the Black Mask that makes him really cool to me. I think it's the fact that he's that crime boss who doesn't just kill for business nor pleasure, but instead a little bit of both. His big goal is power and money, though he's not above harassing and messing up Batman just because he not only has the cake, but has the fork to eat it too.

5. Two Face - While I only found him good for his origin and first vengeance, I'll be damned if neither of those were flat out awesome. You really felt bad for the poor guy, but just cringed at some of the insanity he would do for his 'justice'.

Honorable mentions: 6. Manbat - Ok, ok, he's the bat version of the Lizard, but so what? Manbat kicks major butt in my opinion. While the Lizard started off as a pissed off lizard man, Manbat was virtually always a big stupid bat monster that perfectly stylized his parallels to Batman. While Batman has brains, Manbat has brawn. While Batman is a man acting like a bat, Manbat is a man turning into a bat. While Batman travels by vehicles and grappling hooks, Manbat flies without any technology. While Batman uses gadgets, Manbat uses his natural abilities. How can't you love him?

7. Harley Quinn - Ah, the ultimate female psychopath. Learning from her boyfriend's insanity, Harley is a screwed up girl with a crush who just happens to be almost as unhinged as her hubby, though with less imagination. Nevertheless, Quinn is one of those foes that is just a blast to read about because she's so damned nuts, and uses it in more of a gag way than the Joker, which in some ways makes her just as funny. Can't go qrong with a girl like that. God bless you, Bruce Timm, God bless you.

8. The Ventriloquist and Scarface - The whole dummy idea interested me. Is it the ventriloquist acting out who he wants to be, or does the dummy have a life of its own? Mind boggling coolness right there.

9. Mr. Freeze - He was always such a tragic villain, and holds the title for best ice themed villain in comics.

10. The Riddler - He's that one Batman villain that has the flat out intellect to even make Bruce think, and constantly uses it as a source of crime.

Bardock42
1. Bane: He's just an excellent character overall. Good background story, smart, strong, a perfect Batman antagonist. And he's also really enjoyable on his own.

2. Joker: Incredibly funny.

3. Two Face: Cool, sadistic ****.

4. Riddler: Makes for a great storyline when done well.

5. Ra's Al Ghul: Great Schemer. Very interesting plotlines with him.

Seer Q'Anilia
Originally posted by Bardock42
1. Bane: He's just an excellent character overall. Good background story, smart, strong, a perfect Batman antagonist. And he's also really enjoyable on his own.

2. Joker: Incredibly funny.

3. Two Face: Cool, sadistic ****.

4. Riddler: Makes for a great storyline when done well.

5. Ra's Al Ghul: Great Schemer. Very interesting plotlines with him.

Same reasons, only:
1. Joker
2. Riddler
3. Ra's Al Ghul
4. Two-Face
5. (Cutting Bane out and instead says) Freeze: Can't quite place the 'why', but I always have loved him. All his plans give me the chills smile

Mr Shindiggery
1. The Joker- An arch nemesis imo is someone who does not nessaracly have to be stronger or smarter then the hero, but rather someone who has messed with the hero`s head so much. And imo Joker fits the bill right here, I can`t think of any other villain who has nearly driven a hero to the edge and even to the point of nearly making him kill. This is why Joker is my favourite Batman villain, that and he has a cool get up, you can`t go wrong with purple.

2. Two Face- A very interesting Batman villain that can be interpreted in many ways be it Dent having Psychological issues or just after he has been scarred having a rather distorted view of justice. Two Face has to be the most complex Batman villain of them all. Also the fact that he was once Batman`s ally or Bruce Wayne`s friend depending on what version you read or watch makes him a very personal villain that can mess with Batman`s head because in a way Batman will always have that guilt for not being able to save Harvey from being scared by Sal Maroni.

3. Scarecrow- Another very interesting villain here, just like Batman he uses fear but whereas Batman uses it to save people, Scarecrow uses it because he likes messing with people`s heads and furthering his research. Now thats a scary villain right there.

4. The Riddler- Okay here is not your run of the mill villain, he does crime not to gain money but out of the sheer satisfaction of outwitting both Batman and the police, also his psychology can be interpreted in many different ways which make him a very interesting Batman villain.

5. Bane- Another interesting Batman villain that is often overlooked by most people yes JS, I am talking to you, no he is not some thug for hire, he is a smart stergist and is a very good physical threat for Batman as well.

Runners Up- Mr Freeze, Poison Ivy and Killer Croc.

Aster Phoenix
1.Two-face
2. Hush
3. Phantasm
4. Bane
5. Azrael

Blind
1. Joker - I'm sure somebody's given the reasons...
2. Hush - I love the fact that he's so freakin' hardcore.
3. Two-Face - somethin' creepy about a guy flippin' a coin to decide if he wants to kill you.
4. Killer Crock - Big. Stupid. Extremely Strong. Just like seeing him get whooped but get his shots in, too.
5. The Ventriloquist and Scarface - I freakin' hate dummies.

namorsubby
1.joker of course

2.deadshot,he's just awesome

3.killer croc,he's pretty cool and one of batman's few reoccuring villians with powers

Kovacs86
Originally posted by Aster Phoenix
1.Two-face
2. Hush
3. Phantasm
4. Bane
5. Azrael

Woah. No Joker, the Phantasm (who appeared in one animated film, however cool, and was pretty much a replica of the Reaper) and Azrael (who wasn't really a villain, honestly; more of an anti-hero initially, who became an all-out hero towards the end, to be honest).

Master Crimzon
My list:

1. The Joker, of course. The Joker can be confused for a random mass murderer who kills people because it's fun. But it's incorrect. He's not Carnage- while he likes to kill people randomly, it is, more often than not, a part of a grand scheme that 'makes sense to him alone'. The truth? The Joker likes to break people's minds more than he likes to break their skulls. Taking his murder of Jason Todd, for once. He killed him brutally, but before he killed him, he made sure to break the boy's spirit (his mother's betrayal)- and even beyond that, he's done it to break Batman's will and mind, impacting Batman in an almost unique way. Shooting Barbara, too. Sick, cruel, and twisted, the Joker enjoyed it not only because he crippled Barbara for life, but also because he can use it to shatter Gordon's mind.

He's oddly complex, too. While he doesn't think of himself as a good person, like Ra's Al Ghul, he thinks that he's the only 'sane' man in an insane world; he thinks the world is dark, chaotic, hopeless, and so he turns into... well, an unleashed human. A person who doesn't have laws, morals, rules, or any code; totally ruthless and psychopathic, that's the Joker for you.

Which brings me to my final, and most important point. He may be the mirror opposite of Batman- hope vs. despair, healing vs. destruction, order vs. chaos, logic vs. impulse, he is extremely similar to Batman in his origin. Just as much as Batman's parents were killed due to a random gunman without any alterior motive- a result of the chaotic, unfair world- he decided to fight chaos. The Joker? His wife was killed due to a million in one incident, purely by chance. Or did the cops kill his wife? If so, he's just another victim of the chaotic world. They targeted him seemingly randomly.

And one decision turned him into Batman's mirror opposite; where Batman fights against chaos, the Joker embraces it. But could their positions have been reversed? That's something very interesting to think about.

2. Hmm... this is a bit of a tough one, but I'm going to have to go with Bane. Obviously, Bane has degenerated from a freaky, intelligent psychopath. The ideal opponent for Batman; someone who can not only challenge him mentally, but also provide a physical challenge. The way he 'broke the bat' was incredible, and for that moment, he deserves to be the second best Bat-villain.

3. Harley Quinn- not, this is NOT because she is the Joker's 'girlfriend'. Well, maybe partially... I gotta say, I love her crazy love affair with the Joker. But it's a testament to Harley Quinn's cuteness and strength as a character that I actually accepted the idea of the Joker loving/caring for someone (obsession with Batman does not count). First of all, she's hot. Hot in the Catwoman way. Only that she's an excited, energetic person. I also love the way she talks, and her whole attitude. Harley FTW!

4. Ra's Al Ghul... well, it's not necessarily because I'm a particularly big fan of his character, but his principles, ideals, and somewhat humane goals make for a supremely interesting villain. He's sort of like Magneto; unlike the above 3, he thinks he's doing the right thing.

5. Two-Face, for his complex personality and tragic background. That, and also looks badass.

Myth
Quick list.

1. Joker - Awesome in every way.

2. Scarecrow - I just grew up reading many comics about him and I love his fear potion.

3a. Two-Face - I love the 2 sides of his personality thing where is good and bad.

3b. Riddler - Very entertaining, would be higher but to me he always just seems like the poor man's Joker.

5. Ventriloquist and Scarface - I love the interactions they have with each other.

braz
1. The Joker. Plain and simple, he's just awesome. He knows how to really get under Batman's skin unlike the other villians and get to him. He's the smartest, most fearless and just plain doesn't care about anything, the most brutal, the most dangerous and ruthless, unpredictable and he's an anarchist/terrorist. I think he made some good points in The Dark Knight in his speeches to Batman and Harvey Two Face, although twisted, some of it was kinda true. The Joker. Just. Plain. Kicks ass.

2. Two-Face. Harvey is very intriguing because he was a good guy gone bad, and really bad. I like how he bases justice on chance promoting anarchy because of what happened to him, regardless of anyone or anything. He had a hidden dark side that was pushed out of him when everyone thought he was a little angel. Very cool.

3. Scarecrow. He bases his campaign of crime on terror and fear. He studies fear and knows basically everything there is to know about it. Crane believes that if the world is cured of fear, then people would make no mistakes. He has that fear gas which is awesome, so a big threat to anyone who gets in his way.

4. Ra's al Ghul. Ra's believes in cleansing the world of corruption but in the wrong ways. He believes what he's doing is right when it's not. He'll destroy an entire city that's primarily corrupt without any regard to innocents. Ra's is also incredibely intelligent and a great fighter, i.e martial artist and can match Batman, if not beat him.

5. Red Hood. Jason Todd aka Robin 2 gone bad because of Batman not killing the Joker. He's ruthless and brutal and knows Batman like no one else. He can alse give Batman a good fight.

ftspyder
joker
two face
bane
hush
ra`s al ghul

Indestructible
1. Joker- He is the Ultimate villian. He is the greatest comic villian of all time.

2. Two-Face-He is dark. He is living proof the nicer you are in public the darker you are.

3. Riddler-He is a master planer. He is just as smart as batman. Great villian.

4. Bane-On a physical note Bane is king. BUT there are Brain behind that Brawn. He is a Military tactics expert.

5. Scarecrow,Scareface, or Penguin.- I like Scarecrow for the same reason as Riddler. Scareface because he is a mobster. Penguin is fun and greedy.

Jezzy0410
My top 5 are:
1) Harley Quinn- she has been learning that she doesn't need the Joker to pull big tricks on Batman. She is the only one who has been close to killing the Batman and him to admit it. She is also someone who Batman cares for and she seems tricky enough to care a little for him. But at the same time her bipolar and ADD, plus other mental disorders in the making, make her as dangerous as both Joker and Crane, mixing crazy with genius. She is cute, hot, and sweet, but she is capable of anything with her obsessions. And being the only villain Batman cares for, not in a lustful Catwoman way, she seems to be the only one who can actually hurt Batman by hurting herself. Prove is "Mad Love" where he tries convincing her to give up her obsession with Joker, "Trial" where Harley thanks Batman showing she wants him free but claiming its because he brought Joker and her together. And the two others that show cute moments with each other, "Harlequinade" where he trust her to take him to the Joker and she knows it, and "Harley's Holiday" he follows her to make sure she is in no harm and at the end they kiss and he enjoys it. Harley's double skitzo, the obsessed clown and the understanding doctor is someone not to mess with.

2)Joker- just cause he's joker

3)Riddler- he's narcissism and his outstanding engineering skills make him the closest one to Lucius Fox and being able to create mass weapons and cool suit although his style has always been wearing green office wear with purple question marks, him and any other villain can bring hell to Gotham just by using his engineer techniques.

4) Penguin- he's a man who, like Harley is near to Batman/Bruce Wayne money wise. A nightclub owner and monopolist he can use his money to buy anyone he wants but his charisma and his favorite umbrella gun help him make great deals. He might not be a villain with skill like the others but his skill is as good as the rest. He is a man who can lead a group of villain and his amazing hidden strength plus his talent in bird calling to attack foes makes him a useful villain.

5)Johnathan Crane(Batman Begins Version)- he's connection with Ra's and his obsessiveness to strike fear on everyone is scary. He experiments on his patients like doctors used to back in the early 20th century. His ability for creating medicine and for declaring people mentally unstable and then transforming them into complete psychos by using the scarecrow mask is too powerful for any villain in this series. If you want to control anyone, you have to begin by controlling their fears. No one can ever seem to battle thee fears completely, including Batman, who's biggest fear is the losing his parents because of a lesser fear. Crane uses the most power weapon any human possesses and turns it on itself, giving him the power to access your thoughts.

Those are my top 5

relentless1
The Joker - I just love how crazy he is, how unpredictable he can be and his sense of humour can be fantastic, plus he's such a force to be reckoned with throughout the DC universe, I love how other villains in the DCU are afraid of him.

Two Face - I love Harveys story, the good man fallen from grace is always an intriguing story. One of the things I absolutely HATED about Forever was how they had him keep flipping the coin to get his desired outcome, the comics hit this manic trait perfectly, I love how he's just an absolute no matter whats going on it all just depends on the flip of the coin.

Ras al Ghul - The one man who truly is Batmans equal, I love how he is altruistic and has a deep sense of honour and shows the Bat a great deal of respect but he's one of the most dangerous people on the planet, which can be forgotten underneath his polite demeanour, until he dips in the pit and all hell breaks loose. Plus Liam Nesson played him and you can't go wrong with that dude.

The Riddler - His ability to challenge Batmans detective skill is great, he may be a bit of a loser compared to the others sometimes but when he's done right he can be very unsettling, I always thought the approach to him on film should be that of a saw like villain, always setting people up in death traps.

Bane - The man who broke the Bat, my first real dip into comics was right in the middle of Knightfall and bane made quite an impression, of all the villains that Batman regularly faces Bane is Bruces warped mirror moreso than any other, a selff made man with a little jolt of venom to boot.

StiltmanFTW
In no particular order... Two-Face, Joker, Penguin, Mister Freeze, Bane.

jane21august
Top 5 villains of Batman
1.Joker: Joker is a kind of character that always comes to bother Batman not to kill him. He wants to create chaos and disturb Gotham city but likes to play games with the Batman.
2. Riddler: An amazing character with unsolved mystery and puzzles.
3. Penguin: Penguin loves to poke his way around in the Gotham city and disturb peace in Gotham.
4.Bane: He just hates Batman no matter what the cost.
5.Scarecrow: Scarecrow want to justify and reduce Gotham city of rich people with his gas.

riv6672
Joker, Riddler, Killer Croc, Man-Bat, Penguin INPO.

ken8989
They're together

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.