Silver Surfer runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sup3rman1521
How far does the Silver Surfer make? He gets an hour to rest before facing the next opponent.

1) Havok
2) Venom
3) Thing
4) Thor Girl
5) Champion of the Universe with Power Gem
6) Odin
7) Full Power Tyrant

I apologize if this gauntlet is not in correct order. Im sorry, so please dont go bashing me if u disagree xD

guy222
I don't bash friend

Norrin isn't beating Odin

Sup3rman1521
So you think he can take Champion? I'm not thinking champion that apparently forgot all of his fighting skills when taking on Thanos (issue where thanos takes the power gem). Because that seemed like CIS/PIS

Knowsbleed33
Champion is a jobber. But, with the PG he should be able to take the Surfer.

guy222
Champion is a jobber. Written properly, he should win...But

In a book only for laughs and not canon, Champion makes Juggy tap and then is defeated when Savage Hulk uses Kung Fu

Harbinger
Stops at 5 or 6.

janus77
gets to 6.

Champion's never been shown to be capable of getting much of out the Power Gem. it's not that the Gem isn't sufficiently powerful, it's that Champion is a (typical) chump.

in the hands of a competent wielder, the Gem would own everybody on the list.

I don't know the full extent of Surfer's current durability/power, but if he can dance with T&A he can definitely give Odin a fight.

Utrigita
He was grinded into dust by Tenebrous and Aegis.

He will not be oneshotted against Odin, like the first time, but he definitely will hold out longer imo, but bring Odin down I highly doubt it.

Surfer stops at 6 in my opinion.

janus77
he wasn't ground into dust by T&A, he actually took a lot of their attacks both energy blasts and a mighty physical blow.

he was hurt but still capable of summoning sufficient stamina to handle/channel the Big Crunch. and of course, just to illustrate what a feat that was, neither T nor A could escape from it once Surfer hit them with it. yet Surfer managed to bring the Crunch energies to them, without dying in the process - basically lasting a good deal longer against the awesome power of the energies than they seemed to do.

Surfer getting one-shotted was PIS imo, but it happens to Surfer a lot that he gets "jobbed out".

I mean, Surfer's beaten a juiced up rogue Watcher, one who had become a dimensional god!

how on earth does Odin one shot someone of that calibre?

I'm not saying Surfer wins, but I'm thinking it'll be a situation similar to Thanos - Odin ... a long drawn out battle where Surfer will prove to be a worthy opponent.

Utrigita
You are talking about the second encounter I take it?

But even there he doing zero damage and afterward looked like something that had been dragged through a schretter.

He would have died if Galactus hadn't arrived, and remember Tenebrous and Aegis left him to die, what Surfer did at the end toke all his remaining Energy.

We can agree on that, never the less he was one shotted against Aegis too in the first encounter wasn't he?

Scans? I have never heard of Surfer beating a Watcher.

He will last longer agreed.

janus77
UniLord - he's a watcher who got 'corrupted' and took prisoner all the souls trapped in that dimension.

yes the second encounter. T&A did mount a sustained attack against him, blasting, smacking and finally smashing him up. they thought he would die from the wounds. they were wrong.

yes he was dying by the time Galactus found him but, as Galactus said, it was from the energies of the Crunch.

Surfer's durability is insane, remember what UniLord did to him? that's a Watcher who is not holding back and is juiced up with all sorts of other powers...

Utrigita
Wasn't there some special circumstances surrounding his defeat?

They left him to die from his wounds, which he was going to, Surfer begin manipulating the Crunch (riding it) toke the last of his energy.

Not only that, the wounds too.

No I haven't read the Unilord vs Surfer thing.

janus77
Aegis told Tenebrous that Surfer would die from his wounds.
clearly she didn't foresee Surfer having enough left within him to launch another attack, nevermind channel the Crunch energies like he did.

to say that Surfer was actually going to die from their assault is unsupported speculation, imo. as Galactus remarked, explicitly, that it was the left over energies of the Crunch, that were killing the Surfer... spreading throughout his body.

Surfer has healed from far far worse than the state he was in, after fighting T&A.

check the respect thread, I think the relevant scans from UniLord are there.

Utrigita
No she didn't, but he was going to die from them, and there was absolutely nothing he could do, except the Crunch I understand why they left him.

His form was already slowly being destroyed, and I'm just saying what Aegis said ore was it Tenebrous...

Like what?

I don't think so, I have checked the respect thread when Groober made it, I didn't find unilord...

janus77
UniLord - Surfer is on page 1, the scans are all there.

anyway, this is the most relevant scan, remember this is a being who is a dimensional god, a Watcher juiced up with a billion+ souls:
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/7948/silversurfer199612019ue0.jpg
T&A did nowhere near that level of damage to him.

Surfer's body was cracked up yes, but nothing he hasn't recovered from before.

he did not flea their presence, he had an idea as to how to match their power - ie the Crunch Energies.

as far as I see it, Galactus went and did the 'autopsy' on Surfer and he pronounced the cause of death. Aegis was being typically Bond villain-esque and counting her chickens before they'd hatched. that's all.

Utrigita
Okay must have missed them.

in some way they is but they choosed to attack him in a more direct way, Unilord uses a combination of transmutation physical and blast etc to damage surfer and Surfer survived granted, But surfer recovered something there was no indication of him doing against Tenebrous and Aegis, from my point of view he was to drained to perform another attack.

He channeled the Crunchs energies to consume them he didn't utilize it "directly" channeled it through his own body.

A being that posessesed a high level of cosmic awarness I would say can be trusted.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.