Spiderman Vs NightCrawler

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
A mysterious figure with teleportation powers has made news headlines in Peter Parker's town.

Not long later, the mysterious character is framed for the murder of Mary Jane Watson.

Spiderman sets off to hunt him down...for good.
He tracks him down to an old cathedral.

Kurt senses Spiderman's presence, and tries to explain that he has been setup. Spiderman hears none of it, especially given NC's demonic appearance, he doesn't seem too innocent. SM vows to avenge MJ's death.

NC is well aware of how dangerous his opponent is, and quickly arms himself with two swords to defend himself.

- Spiderman is willing to kill, or should I say, he's out for blood.

- NC will do whatever it takes to defend himself, even if it means taking Spidey out.

* Fight is in an old cathedral. Fight stays in the cathedral.
* Both characters are aware of each other's powers.
* No BFR.

Rogue Jedi
BFR?

Scythe
Well, I'm guessing Spidey knows his way around the cathederal, since that's probably here Venom was made, and his killer intent makes him stronger. Kurt is on the offensive, won't hold back, but he may have that small bit of fear that befalls most people who are framed for doing something bad. He's also quite humble and worry-free, so in the end, Spider-Man's spidey-sense will determine this fight. They borderline precognition where Kurt only relies on reaction time and his acrobatic stamina that Spidey has more than matched.

So overall, I can see Kurt trying to teleport behind Spidey, try to stab him or sink one of his swords deep in him, and Spider would already know this, and brutally disarm him.

Placidity
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
BFR?

Battle Field Removal.

E.g Superman flies Hulk into Space. Game over.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Placidity
Battle Field Removal.

E.g Superman flies Hulk into Space. Game over. I gotcha wink

Pretty much what Scythe said, Spideys spider sense would be the deciding facotr. That, and his super strength.

Placidity
The thing most people will probably disagree with me is that the Spider-sense will not allow Spiderman to predict where NC will pop up.

My reasoning is that NC travels into another dimension, before re-entering this one.

Also, spider-sense doesn't really tell you what and exactly where the danger is. It just warns you that there is imminent danger.

Rogue Jedi
The thing most people will probably disagree with me is that the Spider-sense will not allow Spiderman to predict where NC will pop up.

My reasoning is that NC travels into another dimension, before re-entering this one.

Also, spider-sense doesn't really tell you what and exactly where the danger is. It just warns you that there is imminent danger. I actually had that same thought. But I wasnt exactly sure if Spidey would be able to sense where NC would pop up.

Question: In the Spidey movies, he senses danger behind him twice, once against Spike, and again against GG. Wouldnt he be able to sense NC popping up behind him?

Placidity
I'm thinking probably not, since he is entering from another dimension. No hard evidence to back this up though.

I do think Spidey is probably fast enough to react to it even without spidey-sense. The difference is he won't be able to wait for NC to pop up and knock him out.

Rogue Jedi
Just thinking about fighting NC, with him poofing all around the room, man, it makes my head spin.

Placidity
^ That was something.

So is this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG3Gal81pls smile

Impediment
Spidey's sense borders on precognition, however, IMO, even his spider sense can't predict where Kurt will appear next. Kurt takes this fight.

Impediment
DBrdR5CemlY

Utrigita
Maybe he cannot predict where he will appear but the very second he will appear and lashes out against Spider-Man he will know where he is.

Placidity
^ Yea, thats what I'm saying, Spiderman has insane reaction time and reflexes aswell. So that evens it out to a pretty good fight IMO.

Also note that if Spidey lands a full strength punch, NC will be down for the count.

ragesRemorse
Nightcrawler teleports behind spiderman, grabs his arms and then teleports across the country. HE drops Spiderman's bloody arms and then goes into a pub to get a drink. While sitting in the pub, enjoying his dark brew Nightcrawler see's a newsflash on the pub's T.V. "SOMEONE STOLE SPIDERMANS ARMS!!"

Mairuzu
His teleports seem way too fast for spiderman

Placidity
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Nightcrawler teleports behind spiderman, grabs his arms and then teleports across the country. HE drops Spiderman's bloody arms and then goes into a pub to get a drink. While sitting in the pub, enjoying his dark brew Nightcrawler see's a newsflash on the pub's T.V. "SOMEONE STOLE SPIDERMANS ARMS!!"

We're talking abt movie NC. He hasn't shown he can teleport someone's limbs off. Secondly, there is no BFR, as I mentioned in opening post.

Rogue Jedi
^ That was something.

So is this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG3Gal81pls smile that was BADASS.

ragesRemorse
We're talking abt movie NC. He hasn't shown he can teleport someone's limbs off. Secondly, there is no BFR, as I mentioned in opening post.

I have no idea what BFR means

and

Why can't we assume that nightcrawler can teleport limbs? He teleported storms entire body.

Placidity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ1hUJP-1EE

Just a clip of Spidey owning Ock in SM2. Not saying this clip proves anything, its just for people to get some perspective, like with the NC one.

ragesRemorse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ1hUJP-1EE

Just a clip of Spidey owning Ock in SM2. Not saying this clip proves anything, its just for people to get some perspective, like with the NC one.

That and the fight outside of the bank in spidey 2 are the best scenes in all of the spiderman movie's. im just not sure how much he "owned" ock in that fight

Placidity
I have no idea what BFR means

and

Why can't we assume that nightcrawler can teleport limbs? He teleported storms entire body.

I said teleport someone's limbs off . Bloody hell.... confused

Placidity
That and the fight outside of the bank in spidey 2 are the best scenes in all of the spiderman movie's. im just not sure how much he owned ock in that fight

Thats probably true.

ragesRemorse
I said teleport someone's limbs off . Bloody hell.... confused

Yeah, no, i heard you, partner.

You said "He hasn't shown he can teleport someone's limbs off". Then i said, "why can't we assume that he can teleport limbs, he teleported Storms entire body?"

Maybe, i should have specified and said, Why can't we assume that he can teleport limbs OFF, he teleported Storms entire body.

They did make it apparent that he had to hug her tight and hold their two bodies as close as possible before he teleported away with her. If he just grabbed her finger and BAMFED away with her, i wouldn't even assume that he could teleport limbs.

You may say, well, there is no proof that he can teleport limbs, but most of the entire first page of this thread is people speculating the extent of Spiderman's spidey sense. I don't think the question of whether or not Nightcrawler can teleport single limbs is as vague as the Spidey sense. My post wasn't based in speculation though, it was based in sarcasm wink

Placidity
Yeah, no, i heard you, partner.

You said "He hasn't shown he can teleport someone's limbs off". Then i said, "why can't we assume that he can teleport limbs, he teleported Storms entire body?"

Maybe, i should have specified and said, Why can't we assume that he can teleport limbs OFF, he teleported Storms entire body.

Oh haha, simple misunderstanding. stick out tongue

Scythe
Well, that's the thing, he won't know where Kurt's gonna turn up, but will be able to know where his attacks are coming. In the first movie, where Flash Thompson's fist flew toward Peter, it was drastically slown down to show Peter's reaction time and reflexes. Look at that scene.

Rogue Jedi
Dumb question: Can an extremely sharp sword cut through Spidey's webbing?

Bardock42
Spider - Man due to superior strength, agility, reflexes and on top of it all spidersense.

Scythe
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Dumb question: Can an extremely sharp sword cut through Spidey's webbing?

From what I remember, the movies showed none of that, and given the fact that his webbing is now natural rather than artificial like in the comics, one would expect it's hard like real spider webbing.

Placidity
Well, a few (or many?) strands of it was able to stop/hold back a speeding train, so I'd say its pretty strong.

Not sure if Kurt could cut through it or not. Should we assume his swords are super-sharp?

I was originally going to give him adamatium swords lol, but that would've been spite.

Ahsoka Tano
I love both of these characters when it comes to the comics. Movie sense, I have to go with NC for the win. Example: NC can teleport to spiderman, grab him, teleport him in the middle of the ocean and leave him to the sharks. Far fetched, yes but very possible.

Actually it's a reference to the movie Jumper. A movie (imo) that was a rip off of NC character.

Blax_Hydralisk
In the comics, Spidey's SS wars him of enemies teleporting behind him.

Scythe
Originally posted by Ahsoka Tano
I love both of these characters when it comes to the comics. Movie sense, I have to go with NC for the win. Example: NC can teleport to spiderman, grab him, teleport him in the middle of the ocean and leave him to the sharks. Far fetched, yes but very possible.

Actually it's a reference to the movie Jumper. A movie (imo) that was a rip off of NC character.

I'm not sure how far the distance Kurt can teleport in the movies, but Placidity specified Kurt cannot do this to Spider-Man.

Ahsoka Tano
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
In the comics, Spidey's SS wars him of enemies teleporting behind him.

Yes, even if we examine the comic aspect of it I could make a great case for Nc. He can constantly teleport to obtain a physical hold on spiderman. Yes, it may take quite the while, but he will be able to, imo.

Movie aspect, nc feeds spidy to the sharks, imo.

Ahsoka Tano
Originally posted by Scythe
I'm not sure how far the distance Kurt can teleport in the movies, but Placidity specified Kurt cannot do this to Spider-Man.

You're correct, I apologise. I went a little over board.

Kurts teleportation won't do much at all to spidy if he's contained to a cathedral.

Spidy wins.

Blax_Hydralisk
Yes, even if we examine the comic aspect of it I could make a great case for Nc. He can constantly teleport to obtain a physical hold on spiderman. Yes, it may take quite the while, but he will be able to, imo.

Movie aspect, nc feeds spidy to the sharks, imo.

No point. Spider sense intercepts teleporters enough so that it doesn't matter. To Spidey, it's the same thing as if someone was shooting him in the back with an assault rifle, and Nightcrawler can't teleport hundreds of tiems in a matter of seconds or anything. The movie shows that every time he teleports he pauses for a second, does he not? A second is all Spidey needs.

Scythe
You're correct, I apologise. I went a little over board.

Kurts teleportation won't do much at all to spidy if he's contained to a cathedral.

Spidy wins.

It's quite alright, although that would be cool of Kurt to do that, haha.

If it weren't for Kurt's gentle demeanor, I'd say he can really win imo.

Ahsoka Tano
No point. Spider sense intercepts teleporters enough so that it doesn't matter. To Spidey, it's the same thing as if someone was shooting him in the back with an assault rifle, and Nightcrawler can't teleport hundreds of tiems in a matter of seconds or anything. The movie shows that every time he teleports he pauses for a second, does he not? A second is all Spidey needs.

If you remember the part in X-2 when Rogue was thrown out of the black bird, nc teleported to her, grabbed her in a split second and teleported her back in the plane.

Blax_Hydralisk
But it wasn't a split second. no expression

It was at the least around a second. It's like splitting hairs I know, but for Spidey it really does make a different.

Ahsoka Tano
But it wasn't a split second. no expression

It was at the least around a second. It's like splitting hairs I know, but for Spidey it really does make a different.

I know what you mean. I can see spidy winning even if this wasn't confined to a cathedral.

It would be an interesting fight though with a teleporter and a borderline precog, with out a confining area.

Scythe
I know what you mean. I can see spidy winning even if this wasn't confined to a cathedral.

It would be an interesting fight though with a teleporter and a borderline precog, with out a confining area.

I agree.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.