The fight that never was, Viktor versus Lucian.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Viktor and Lucian, leaders of their respective clans in the movie Underworld, going at it, fighting for the survival of their race.

Viktor, armed with his sword, and Lucian (in human form), armed with his wrist mounted blade, confront each other in the same location where Michael and Viktor fought.

BTW: Am I the only one here who is pissed that we never saw these two fight?

Placidity
I'm pissed that Lucian got killed by getting shot in the back.

But this is a no-brainer for me, Viktor has showed he is vastly superior to Lycans, taking them out with one punch on numerous occasions.

You have to understand that Lycans, unlike Vampires, do not grow stronger over time (at least this is my understanding, and there is no evidence I am aware of that contradicts this). In their base form they are usually much stronger than the average vampire.
However, Elders have lived long enough to become more powerful.

The only exception is William, it is stated that he is the first and most powerful Lycan.

Placidity
Oh, btw theres going to be an Underworld prequel that focusses on Lucian in the early days.

Dark-Jaxx
Lucian by his own words is no match for Viktor.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Lucian by his own words is no match for Viktor. I dont remember that part. confused

Impediment
Never saw either movie.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Placidity
I'm pissed that Lucian got killed by getting shot in the back.

But this is a no-brainer for me, Viktor has showed he is vastly superior to Lycans, taking them out with one punch on numerous occasions.

You have to understand that Lycans, unlike Vampires, do not grow stronger over time (at least this is my understanding, and there is no evidence I am aware of that contradicts this). In their base form they are usually much stronger than the average vampire.
However, Elders have lived long enough to become more powerful.

The only exception is William, it is stated that he is the first and most powerful Lycan. Also, what's the reason, in your opinion, why we are never shown Lucian in Lycan form? I have my own theory on this, but I want to hear others.

Dark-Jaxx
Ummm, we ARE shown Lucian in Lycan form, like when he escapes the Vampires in that flashback,

BruceSkywalker
I will wait until Underworld 3 comes out

Rogue Jedi
Ummm, we ARE shown Lucian in Lycan form, like when he escapes the Vampires in that flashback, I meant in modern day, fighting against Viktor and his crew in this era, I should have specified.

Ahsoka Tano
To be honest, I thought the sequel was absolutely horrific.

Rogue Jedi
The sequel was OK, the final fight scene sucked ass.

Placidity
Well, IMO, none of them were that good anyway... Selene was hot though, thats the main point.

Rogue Jedi
yes Black Leather droolio

Placidity
^ I actually prefered it when she was naked hahaha.

Da Joker
I thought the fight scenes were cool, but could be better. Look at how Viktor was punching in the first movie...and he calls himself an elder..."rolleyes:

But Viktor would kill Lucian easily, but Lucian kills Viktor in the cool factor.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Placidity
^ I actually prefered it when she was naked hahaha. yes

Da Joker
We didn't see nude boobs but hey, we at least got a little side boob.

I don't see how Len got her in the first place....

Markus Corvinus
Honestly, the fact that Viktor was able to truly beat Michael...a hybrid, whereas the very first vampire, Marcus, couldn't, shows that he could take Lucian, but I guess it'd all depend on how much Lucian is trained in his Lycan form. We should find out in "Rise of the Lycans" how strong he actually is.

Rogue Jedi
I always thought not seeing Lucian in lycan form was a testament to how powerful he was.

Utrigita
Viktor for the win.

Markus Corvinus
We can't even really decide a winner, we never saw Lucian fight...although in a flashback he did manage to smack Viktor to the floor....

Rogue Jedi
Indeed he did. People think since Viktor pwned the shit outta Raze he would pwn Lucian, but Lucian was obviously a lot more powerful than Raze.

Markus Corvinus
I still don't understand why they let Kraven of all people kill Lucian. I'd love to have seen him be featured more in the franchise (in the modern era, of course).

Utrigita
Originally posted by Markus Corvinus
We can't even really decide a winner, we never saw Lucian fight...although in a flashback he did manage to smack Viktor to the floor....

Viktor was drawing his sword exposing himself to Lucian, in that flashback if I recall correctly.

Rogue Jedi
So?

Markus Corvinus
He still got smacked to the floor. He was paying attention and everything, and got smacked to the floor, and Lucian snatched the key and leaped away. So, why did it matter exactly if he were taking out his sword?

Utrigita
So saying that he strengthwise is superior to Viktor would from my point of view be a stretch, as mentioned in another threat the Lycans power (except for William) doesn't increase with their age, their control increase but not their strength as the Vampires does, but their is both showings for his and against this.

To Markus.

It mattered because he couldn't defend himself from the impact sure he could have lifted his hands and so on, but he was standing their with both hands on the sword opening himself completely for a attack, the fact that Lucian choosed to turn tail and run from my point of view shows that he didn't want to mess with Viktor.

Markus Corvinus
When was it ever said that the vampires strength increases with age? I've watched both films countless times in the past week alone, and heard nothing relating to either race growing in power as they age. However, I would be inclined to believe that as each picks up more experience in fighting, their strength would increase somewhat. In any case, I'd say Lucian was close to Viktor's level of strength since he *****smacked him to the floor.

Utrigita
I hasn't been directly said more hinted but as said their is both scenes that supports ore undermines the theory, The vampire that battled Raze was roughly as old as Kraven where as Selene (who is younger then him) in the second movie kept a Werewolf at distance using one (two?) hands and hadn't received her powerboost yet. Both had been given the blood from Viktor and both has different showings against the Lycans.

If they doesn't increase their physical attributes with age, as you said however then one Lycan would roughly be equal to the next making the comparison between Raze and Lucian justified, hence making the conclusion that what Viktor did to Raze he could do to Lucian since nore Vampires nore Lycans increase their strength ore other abilities when they get older.

Markus Corvinus
I'm not saying they don't, I just stated I don't recall it being hinted (not trying to sound rude). But I do happen to believe Kraven is a bit of a weakling. He's not the warrior type, and from what we saw, is very cowardly. Selene, on the other hand, is a fighter, and has been fighting against lycans for over six centuries, which has given her tremendous fighting experience. Viktor has been doing so even longer. I guess as far as Lucian is concerned we'll see what he's made of in the third film, correct? We can't truly gauge what he was capable of. All we got was him smacking Viktor to the floor, willing himself to push bullets out of his body, running super fast, and showing a high jumping ability. There weren't a lot of strength feats.

Utrigita
You are not sounding rude in any way, it's quiet interesting having a discussion with another fan of the Underworld.

Even if he isn't the warrior type, his second in command clearly was, also I believe Kraven originally was second in command in Viktors army and helped put down the Lycans so he isn't a complete chicken, though I will agree we doesn't see him as a fighter but as a schemer and manipulater and a coward. Even if she has been fighting against them for six centuries her strength shouldn't have increased enough for her to hold back a Lycan when the member of her unit (that I believe is roughly as old) was owned by Raze, that leads me to believe that their is a strength difference, on second thought that would make a difference between the Lycans in strength too...

I agree in the third film we will get a idea, however I doesn't think we will see much fighting against Vampires since it most likely will be more about trying to unite the Lycans against the Vampires and the Lycans seemed to settle their dispute by fighting each other... without a whole lot of skill involved based on the short scene between the two Lycans that Lucian stop.

Markus Corvinus
It's pretty simple, actually. With pretty much every fictional superbeing, they can usually increase their power once they've gained more experience in fighting and everything else, which also happens to be the case in real life. For example, Michael has great potential to be a warrior, but he's only been a hybrid for a short amount of time, so he's not as strong as he potentially could be.

Regarding the Lycans, they don't really fight to settle disputes, they were doing it for sport. It was never revealed that they had a dispute, they were doing it for fun.

Utrigita
It's just some things as previous mentioned that both speaks for and against that their power increase with experience/age.

That they fight for fun, doesn't quiet hint that they would settle a dispute through peacefull means.

Dark-Jaxx
Pushing someone to the floor doesn't prove superior strength.

I mean...Viktor is what? 220 pounds at best?

I could probably shove Wolverine to the floor if I caught him off guard, doesn't make me stronger...

Markus Corvinus
It's not about that, it's the fact that Viktor was ready for an attack, and was still knocked down, it's not a matter of weight. Raze attempted a similar attack and we all saw what became of him.

Menetnashté
Pushing someone to the floor doesn't prove superior strength.

I mean...Viktor is what? 220 pounds at best?

I could probably shove Wolverine to the floor if I caught him off guard, doesn't make me stronger...
More like 180 at best...220 is flippin big.

Dark-Jaxx
Well Viktor if I remember right was pretty fvckin tall, and not really skinny either.

Markus Corvinus
I'm watching it now, and Nighy/Viktor definitely didn't seem too skinny, but 220 is a stretch. At the most I'd say 190 lbs or maybe 200 lbs.

Dark-Jaxx
Well to me he looked 6'5" or maybe even taller, and I am only 5'9" and am 230 pounds...

Markus Corvinus
Bill Nighy is 6'2.

Dark-Jaxx
Shut up.

Markus Corvinus
Out the window goes that 6'5 bullshit. big grin

Dark-Jaxx
So's your face.

Markus Corvinus
My face is out a window? Nah, too cold outside.

Markus Corvinus
I'm watching the first Underworld film right now, and what happens during the flashback is that Viktor walks in and takes the key from around Sonja's neck, and turns to Lucian, who begins to transform due to a full moon. He fully transforms, breaks his chains, and as he stands up Viktor draws his sword. Viktor was standing there with his sword out as if he were ready, and Lucian still smacked him down to the ground. I thought that Lucian got a hit while Viktor was pulling out his sword, but Viktor had his full attention on Lucian, meaning that Lucian has to be somewhere around Viktor's strength/skill level.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.