the "I wouldve done that differently" thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

redhotrash
So what are some of the moments where you'd be reading a comic, put it down, and said to yourself "I wish they wouldve..." or "That would be so much cooler if..." ? Here are a few of mine.

Sentry vs Hulk fight: Now Im a unapologetic Sentry hater. Everything about the guy irks me, but Marvel seems intent on forcing him down everyone's throats. So why drop the ball further by having him get messed up by the Big Green PIS Machine? Personally I wouldve made it a good fight, maybe have Hulk start to get the upperhand on him, only to have Sentry lose it and go nuts. Maybe wreck the Hulk then start to destroy other things. THEN have Iron Man use the orbital lasers on Sentry instead. It wouldnt make the Hulk look bad because Sentry supposedly turned away Galactus. Also it would esatblish Sentry as Marvel's Superman, instead of a long haired overpowered coward who sits in his tower while the world falls apart around him.

Death of Sinister: If you are going to have Sinister briefly get killed by Rogue, why not have his essence absorbed into her? It wouldve been interesting for both personalities to have to share the same body. Lot of potential there.

Those are just 2, I'll add more later.

steverules
When Eddie Brock lost the venom symbiote...I woulda had him keep it and then he'd still be Venom rather than Mac erm

redhotrash
I had a different thought on the Venom symbiote. When Swordsman impaled Mac, I'd have had the symbiote abandon him and maybe find Bullseye, who was crippled at the time. Bullseye healed and powered up with the venom costume wouldve been awesome.

steverules
I dunno...I always felt the symbiote with Eddie was great and perfect..alotta spidey fans don't like mac having the symbiote and would rather Eddie have it

redhotrash
They have retconned Venom all to hell though. And they are doing a story soon that retells Venom's origin, so Im scared to see how they screw with that. I wish they would just leave their own history alone.
I mean seriously, Venom spends all that time fighting criminals, and then decides to GIVE THEM his costume? I was expecting him to go nuts at the auction and kill a bunch of them before being taken down himself. Wouldve been a lot more respectable and in character than selling it then withering away in a hospital.

guy222
Exitar kills Sue

TOAA empowers LT to reclaim the Heart of the Infinite

Endrict Nuul
Well, Eddie is comic back this month.

Endrict Nuul
Sentry lives up to his hype and beats WWH like Supes would.

Nihilist
thor vs rulk fight

willRules
Originally posted by steverules
When Eddie Brock lost the venom symbiotic...I woulda had him keep it and then he'd still be Venom rather than Mac erm

In the Spider-man Marvel Knights storyline you're referring to, I would have had Eddie keep the symbiote and have Macgargan put on the new Scorpion suit he'd just been given, but we never saw him use.

Apolloknight
Black panther vs Silver Surfer........

I would of had panther follow through with his statement. ninja

Neo Darkhalen
Spider-Man making a deal with the devil and creating the monstrosity that was One More Day and Brand New Day.

Bouboumaster
All the time Galactus jobbed;

WWH: Hulk should have been beaten at the beginning by Sentry: Sentry begin to act crazy, and Hulk, finally, stop him.

Red Hulk: Should never happen.

Spider-Man: One More Day sucked. No more of this.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Sentry lives up to his hype and beats WWH like Supes would.

H. S. 6
Brand New Day, obviously.

MightyEInherjar
Originally posted by Nihilist
thor vs rulk fight

Blax_Hydralisk
Had Superman kill Lex Luthor in one of the MANY fights he always wins in the end.

Same with Batman and Joker.

QED. /thread

Mr. Slippyfist
I would have put Loeb on Thor instead... srug

redhotrash
Honestly I dont have a problem with them seperating MJ and Spidey. MJ always annoyed the shit out of me. But I guess I wouldve liked them to have gone about it differently.

lft4ded
XM:WWH #3 (I didn't see an 'unstoppable' option in Scoobless fanboy post! wink ).

I would've gone through with the intent of having Cain stomp Hulk & then Hulk's crew shows up to engage Cain taking the heat off Hulk. That still would've left Hulk, Prof X, & Mercury alone for the true finale, at which point Hulk and crew leave.

Running into a lake, pshw! laughing out loud

WrathfulDwarf
Countdown to Final Crisis#5-1.....

Monarch fights SMP in an epic universe battle and Darkseid discovers that the real killer of the New Gods was Monarch. Later it is discover that Darkseid was responsible for making SBP uber powerful....yeah!

But DC never listens to me...so meh!

redhotrash
lol, yeah that was some B.S. with the Juggernaut bfr. I know the guy isnt supposed to be the smartest class 100+ out there, but he cant stop, turn around, and jump? That entire storyline was a joke, and part of me hopes somewhere, Bruce Banner will wake up in bed next to Betty and realize the last year or so of appearances were all a dream.

Scoobless
Hulk #5

I wouldn't have written it like a retarded fanboy.

no expression

Neo Darkhalen
Final Crisis the first few issues, i would have decided what the plot would have been about before i started working on it.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Final Crisis the first few issues, i would have decided what the plot would have been about before i started working on it.
Eh?

jinzin
Originally posted by redhotrash
Honestly I dont have a problem with them seperating MJ and Spidey. MJ always annoyed the shit out of me. But I guess I wouldve liked them to have gone about it differently. WOW! Really? no expression

Peter and MJ are one of the most recognizable and iconic comic book couples.. since like.... EVER. I mean that sole fact is the only reason why the end of Spiderman 3 worked AT ALL.

Did you read any of Amazing Spiderman back when he and MJ were at odds during the whole Spider Totem animal episode? Those are by far some of the best Spiderman arcs to date in my opinion and largely so because of what got explored both between MJ and Peter and while they were apart as well.

redhotrash
The spider totem nonsense was one of the dumbest concepts Ive seen in a long time. That aside, yeah I never got attached to the character. I hate to quote the recent Marvel writing staff, but yeah Peter is supposed to represent your every day guy. The common guy doesnt date super models. In general I hate the whole "damsel in distress" girlfriend, but I understand shes a product of her times. Anyway, I much prefer Spider-man's flings with Black Cat or some of his other temporary girlfriends. At least in those instances, yeah hes scoring with someone out of his league, but hes doing it in costume. MJ just always struck me as a twit, and I'd be lying if I didnt say I wished Kingpin's assassin hate better aim =-]

SevenShackles
Would of Made Sinestro Corp war one more issue longer. show more SBP kicking Ions ass, then have more than just stewart and guy come to rescue him. id have a massive amount of green lanterns aswell as some earth heroes. then have 'Mr.Henshaw' show up and have a Henshaw-SBP slaughter fest until the guardians come, take out henshaw then do what they did to SBP.

Henshaw just didnt play a big enuff part for me lol.

+++

Scoobless
Originally posted by redhotrash
The spider totem nonsense was one of the dumbest concepts Ive seen in a long time.

Makes just as much sense as a radioactive spider biting a guy to give him powers.

Originally posted by SevenShackles
Would of Made Sinestro Corp war one more issue longer. show more SBP kicking Ions ass

It seemed the GL writers had been building Sodam Yat up as this hugely powerful being after discovering his Daxamite roots and merging with Ion ... before the fight issue came out I thought that they'd have SBP lose to him just to establish their new ultra-GL, was kinda surprised when he got his ass kicked.

redhotrash
The spider-totem b.s. went so far as to basically apologize at the end of it. Something along the lines of "Well, maybe this isnt true, believe what you want." At least the radiactive spider thing they had the balls to commit to

Scoobless
Honestly, I liked the totem explanation more than the science explanation.

Doesn't matter now though, Quasada killed off Spider-Man and replaced him with a cheap clone of 60s Spider-Man ... you'd think he would learn from past mistakes.

redhotrash
Marvel doesnt learn from mistakes, which is why we have rulk after the wwh b.s.

willRules
Originally posted by Scoobless
It seemed the GL writers had been building Sodam Yat up as this hugely powerful being after discovering his Daxamite roots and merging with Ion ... before the fight issue came out I thought that they'd have SBP lose to him just to establish their new ultra-GL, was kinda surprised when he got his ass kicked.

Totally agree yes Plus the cover for that issue had Ion beating up Prime yes

llagrok
Hulk #5 would've been an erotic comic between A-bomb and Red Hulk.

Endrict Nuul
-I would make regular Captain Atom get the respect he deserves in DC.

-Get rid of the useless chick called Swift and find a real badass that can fly.

lft4ded
Agreed, WWH#5 wouldn't have been so bad another way. If in finding the power to defeat Hulk Sentry could still go off his rocker from using so much power. Meik could've reveled in finding a true World Breaker, revealing the truth and making Hulk mad enough to try to tackle Sentry again, knowing he would lose. Stark trains the satellites on Hulk (maybe Sentry senses the first one trained on him and blasts it, thus they target Hulk for that indirect fire approach) and blasts down Sentry with Hulk as collateral damage.

He still gets his speechification showing how they thought he was the threat while Sentry, in their midst, was the true threat and how the one with the best chance of saving them, they sent away. He can still hate them for that and hate himself for letting them get away with it (by saving them).

Scoobless
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
-Get rid of the useless chick called Swift and find a real badass that can fly.

Ironically, Swift has now become the Authority's most useful member.

wink

llagrok
She started giving blowjobs?

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Scoobless
Ironically, Swift has now become the Authority's most useful member.

wink

stick out tongue I know.......sad

Now lets see how well she does to prove me wrong.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.