Ryu vs Cloud Strife

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kirikaze Fuuma
let's see...

Nemesis X
Are we talking about the Ryu from Street Fighter, or the Ryu from Ninja Gaiden?

Kirikaze Fuuma
street fighter

Kirikaze Fuuma
ah, I forgot to tell you that satsui no hadou doesn't involved in this mess. ryu never used it again.

Terryc250
Cloud stomps Ryu

Nemesis X
Fists vs. Swords

Yeah I can see the fairness in this fight *sarcasm*

Cloud's gonna chop this guy in little itty bitty pieces and Chun-Li cries lol

GenomeFrozener
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Fists vs. Swords

Yeah I can see the fairness in this fight *sarcasm*

Cloud's gonna chop this guy in little itty bitty pieces and Chun-Li cries lol

Quoted for ****ing truth.
Cloud shits on Ryu.

Jayct
If Ryu manages to launch a suprise hadouken and blast the sword out of Clouds hands and far away from him, he stands a good chance...
otherwise.... Cloud rushes in and starts slicing....Ryu dodges one or two of the swipes then catches Clouds sword with the palms of both hands, stunning Cloud. This gives Ryu a small window of opportunity to shoryuken Cloud.

Cloud flies backwards through the air and smiles...he actually felt that one...right before he launches an omnislash and cuts Ryu to pieces.

Kirikaze Fuuma
omni-slash? I guess it doesn't necessary.

Terryc250
Originally posted by Jayct
If Ryu manages to launch a suprise hadouken and blast the sword out of Clouds hands and far away from him, he stands a good chance...
otherwise.... Cloud rushes in and starts slicing....Ryu dodges one or two of the swipes then catches Clouds sword with the palms of both hands, stunning Cloud. This gives Ryu a small window of opportunity to shoryuken Cloud.

Cloud flies backwards through the air and smiles...he actually felt that one...right before he launches an omnislash and cuts Ryu to pieces.

Nice story there but thats definately not going to happen, catch Clouds sword with the palm of his hands? Lmao

Even if Cloud doesn't have his sword he would stand a good chance.

Vampire Savior
Cloud wins, but it aint a total stomp like er body sayin, the decidin factor in this fight is that 1 dude fights wit his bare hands and the other guy has several giant swords which he can weild pretty easily.

Cloud wins but if it was a fist fight Cloud'll be lookin for his teeth when it's all said and done AND this thread has been made before...

So yea, Cloud takes it.

Dark-Jaxx
I hardly see how this is a stomp in anyone's favor.

Ryu is stronger than Cloud, able to support around 20 tons for hours during training.

Ryu can dodge bullets, but Cloud is probably faster.

Neither are particuarily durable.

Ryu is more skilled.

Ryu is more powerful.

Cloud is more versatile.

This is by no means a stomp.

Terryc250
Originally posted by Vampire Savior
Cloud wins, but it aint a total stomp like er body sayin, the decidin factor in this fight is that 1 dude fights wit his bare hands and the other guy has several giant swords which he can weild pretty easily.

Cloud wins but if it was a fist fight Cloud'll be lookin for his teeth when it's all said and done AND this thread has been made before...

So yea, Cloud takes it.

Don't underestimate Cloud without his sword, hes still a superhuman, at the end of AC he's the most powerful SOLDIER (besides Sephiroth), and he's ATLEAST as skilled as Zack

and Zack was able to do this without his sword, could Ryu?

watch at 4:55
IQle346B9Ks

Vampire Savior
Originally posted by Terryc250
Don't underestimate Cloud without his sword, hes still a superhuman, at the end of AC he's the most powerful SOLDIER (besides Sephiroth), and he's ATLEAST as skilled as Zack That means absolutely nothin AND Cloud is not Zack, when I see Cloud fight in H2H and win, I'll try to compare him to Zack then.

Lol, I was an innocent by stander in a drive by (several times) and I managed to run around enough to not get hit. When Zack can move so fast that he can actually see the bullet and only move the body part that's gonna get hit while runnin up on the guy, then gimmie a call, that was still a nice vid tho.

Yup and the difference in that is, Zack died later on, Ryu dodged bullets from like 3 feet away from the gun and then won pretty easily. Unlike zack...who died.

And what the hell does Zack have to do wit this?
Does Zack have a respect thread, he needs one?

Dark-Jaxx
Don't underestimate Cloud without his sword, hes still a superhuman, at the end of AC he's the most powerful SOLDIER (besides Sephiroth), and he's ATLEAST as skilled as Zack

watch at 4:55
IQle346B9Ks Yeah, Ryu could do that pretty easily.

And this is not Zack vs. Cloud.

Terryc250
That means absolutely nothin AND Cloud is not Zack, when I see Cloud fight in H2H and win, I'll try to compare him to Zack then.

Its called using logic
Cloud > Zack, Cloud is everything Zack was, and more, after Zack died, the low class SOLDIER(Cloud) picked up the buster sword, and assumed Zacks role, Cloud gained Zacks skill and some memories, why do you think Cloud has all of Zacks moves, etc?

.... That was a horrible comparison, theres a difference between not being hit by a drive by, and dodging MULTIPLE machine gun fire at MULTIPLE people aiming at you from all directions

Show me Ryu dodging machine gun fire from all directions that easy, Zack died from saving Cloud, Ryu wouldnt even last against a SOLDIER, Zack was basically taking on the entire Shinra army, and almost did it too

Because we don't see Cloud using H2H, but we've seen Zack, and we know that Cloud is ATLEAST Zacks skill + more.

Kirikaze Fuuma
as I thought...

Nemesis X
Cloud owns Ryu so badly that I don't even know why there's a thread about this.

For the record: Final Fantasy is more popular than Street Fighter.

Jayct
Both are super strong, both have super endurance, both seem to defy gravity with super jumps/leaps but sword > human flesh. If cloud had a blunt weapon like a staff Ruy would win loads of effort. If Cloud had no weapon Ruy would walk over him.

Superboy Prime
Cloud knocks bahamut around with the force of his strikes...I ont think Ryu is stronger.

Jayct
Originally posted by Nemesis X

For the record: Final Fantasy is more popular than Street Fighter.

Only amongst the younger generation. Because Street Fighter 2 peaked in the early 90's and on the Genesis/Snes when most posters around here were still in diapers.

Whereas the highly. mighty and extremely overated Final Fantasy 7 came out in the late 90's on a console which most people around here had and at a age where it would make a huge impression on them.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Cloud knocks bahamut around with the force of his strikes...I ont think Ryu is stronger. Other than Ryu held up 20 or more tons for hours during training with Oro?

Kirikaze Fuuma
20 tons with horse stance is impressive.

but, how did you know it was 20 tons?

Dark-Jaxx
The size of the boulders.

Kirikaze Fuuma
so it's logic again.

Dark-Jaxx
Yeah.

Terryc250
Only amongst the younger generation. Because Street Fighter 2 peaked in the early 90's and on the Genesis/Snes when most posters around here were still in diapers.

Whereas the highly. mighty and extremely overated Final Fantasy 7 came out in the late 90's on a console which most people around here had and at a age where it would make a huge impression on them.

He said "Final Fantasy" the Final Fantasy series first started in 1987, FF the series is definately NOT more popular then Street Fighter, due to Street Fighters simplicity, that anyone can play it, its in the arcades, etc.. however; Final Fantasy is more loved then Street Fighter, because of its epic stories.

I'm sure if you ran a poll asking every person in North America, if they have played FF7 or SF before, SF would get more votes, but if you asked each of those people who have played both, which game they liked better, i'm sure they would choose FF7.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Yeah.

then, which is heavier? that boulder or bahamut sin? bahamut sin is sure bigger and according to my logic, is heavier.

Terryc250
Bahamut Sin is heavier
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/6856/bahamusinnd6.jpg

Ryu may be quite strong, but I can't see him knocking around Bahamut Sin, or destroying buildings like Cloud is able to do.

Dark-Jaxx
Bahamut Sin is heavier
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/6856/bahamusinnd6.jpg

Ryu may be quite strong, but I can't see him knocking around Bahamut Sin, or destroying buildings like Cloud is able to do. Rock is far heavier than flesh dude. And Ryu held it for HOURS during training with Oro, Cloud knocked said Bahamut Sin down with a special, it was not a normal slash. Going by that logic, Gouki can destroy islands with standard punches, and since Ryu has taken Gouki's punches, Ryu's durability is greater than that of an island.

Terryc250
Rock is far heavier than flesh dude. And Ryu held it for HOURS during training with Oro, Cloud knocked said Bahamut Sin down with a special, it was not a normal slash. Going by that logic, Gouki can destroy islands with standard punches, and since Ryu has taken Gouki's punches, Ryu's durability is greater than that of an island.
We're talking about Ryu.. special, or no special, I don't think Ryu can knock around Bahamut, yes rock is heavier then flesh, but Bahamut isn't simple "flesh" he looks like armor, his skin is more durable then the steel he crushes, plus the fact that hes like 30+ times the size of that rock.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Rock is far heavier than flesh dude. And Ryu held it for HOURS during training with Oro, Cloud knocked said Bahamut Sin down with a special, it was not a normal slash. Going by that logic, Gouki can destroy islands with standard punches, and since Ryu has taken Gouki's punches, Ryu's durability is greater than that of an island.

another logic here. gouki may be able to punch an island and sink it. but, why can't he destroyed an ayers rock with a special? besides, he is far stronger in SF3 timeline. and if you say his fist capable enough to destroy an island, then why did his hadouken only capable to create an explosion and not a heavy damage?

Superboy Prime
Why are we to believe every single punch thrown by Gouki can shatter mountains? I think thats an exageration.

Superboy Prime
I mean that Gouki was obviously holding back.

Kirikaze Fuuma
I don't believe those fairy tales where gouki could destroy a mountain with EVERY of his normal punch.

Keollyn
BoF Ryu eats Cloud. Literally.

DarkC
Originally posted by Kirikaze Fuuma
let's see...
Cloud, obviously.

By the way, thanks for a thread very obviously meant to spite Street Fighter fans.

thumb up

Vampire Savior
IMO, this is horrible...

Cloud didn't smack around Bahamut like he was in DBZ or somethin, cats is just exaggerating. He hit Bahamut and it moved like somethin would when it get's hit and Cloud didn't smack'im down Bahamut fell and what proof is there at all that it's even heavy, Bahamut looked damn hollow to me.

We don't even know what he's made out of, he's a summon.

Dark-Jaxx
We're talking about Ryu.. special, or no special, I don't think Ryu can knock around Bahamut, yes rock is heavier then flesh, but Bahamut isn't simple "flesh" he looks like armor, his skin is more durable then the steel he crushes, plus the fact that hes like 30+ times the size of that rock. Ryu would destroy Bahamut. Ryu fights people who would rip Bahamut in half.

Bahamut was hit by an energy filled "special", adding force to the attack. 30 times the size of those rocks? No he isn't.

Dark-Jaxx
another logic here. gouki may be able to punch an island and sink it. but, why can't he destroyed an ayers rock with a special? besides, he is far stronger in SF3 timeline. and if you say his fist capable enough to destroy an island, then why did his hadouken only capable to create an explosion and not a heavy damage? So Cloud using a special to do a feat is irrelevant, but when Gouki does we can't count the feat?

Stfu with that shit.

Cloud is not as strong as Ryu by your own friggin logic.

He split Ayer's Rock in half. That doesn't count as destroying?

Because those were only normal Hadoukens?

Your double standards amuse me.

Kirikaze Fuuma
So Cloud using a special to do a feat is irrelevant, but when Gouki does we can't count the feat?

Stfu with that shit.

Cloud is not as strong as Ryu by your own friggin logic.

He split Ayer's Rock in half. That doesn't count as destroying?

Because those were only normal Hadoukens?

Your double standards amuse me.

it still counts. but where's your logic? gouki would sink an island in SFA timeline but he only splitted ayers rock in half in SF3 timeline while he's far stronger in SF3 timeline, and what worse, in SFA timeline he's using a punch and in SF3 timeline he's using special. where's his power he contained in SFA timeline? he may create more damage at ayers rock with just a punch.

normal hadouken? that's a normal hadouken. but I guess you know for each every of his hadou-beam contained a power from his fist which is capable to sink an island.

Dark-Jaxx
it still counts. but where's your logic? gouki would sink an island in SFA timeline but he only splitted ayers rock in half in SF3 timeline while he's far stronger in SF3 timeline, and what worse, in SFA timeline he's using a punch and in SF3 timeline he's using special. where's his power he contained in SFA timeline? he may create more damage at ayers rock with just a punch.

normal hadouken? that's a normal hadouken. but I guess you know for each every of his hadou-beam contained a power from his fist which is capable to sink an island. ...Who in the hell said he didn't use a special to sink the island?

Kirikaze Fuuma

standard != special

Dark-Jaxx
standard != special You didn't get what I was saying, by you and Terry's logic, because he can knock back Bahamut with a special, he can do it easily with spam slashes as well.

But when Gouki busts an island with a special, you say he can't spam said punches.

Which is a double standard.

Kirikaze Fuuma
I never said cloud would smack bahamut down with normal slash. I always pointed he used braver to smack bahamut down.

Dark-Jaxx
Then how does that translate to him being physically stronger than Ryu?

Kirikaze Fuuma
I'll give it to you now.

Terryc250
Ryu would destroy Bahamut. Ryu fights people who would rip Bahamut in half.

Bahamut was hit by an energy filled "special", adding force to the attack. 30 times the size of those rocks? No he isn't.

Show me Ryu fighting and "destroying" something even remotely close to Bahamut plz.. Ryu would get disintegrated by Bahamuts blast.

Heres a pic of a human compared to a blue whale, i scaled it so that the human was Clouds size, it made the 100 foot Blue Whale about the same size as Bahamut, a Blue Whale on Average weighs about 200 tons, i'd like to see Ryu beable to knock down something about 200 tons
http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/6732/bahwhaleeqq6.jpg

Do you really think Ryu's shoryuken can hurt Bahamut? Even humans can take it and survive..

Watch from 3:50 to 5:10, and pay attenttion to what he easily cuts from 5:00-5:10

abkM9ibrx10

Do you think Ryu is capable of that? And please don't reply saying "If Ryu had a sword, he'd beable to do it"

Dark-Jaxx
He fought Gouki, who destroyed an island.

And your scans are unreliable.

Ever consider maybe Bahamut was closer to the screen than Cloud?

Cause when I saw Cloud cut the hell out of Bahamut, it was nowhere near 100 feet.

And that doesn't prove Cloud is stronger than friggin Ryu, Cloud did it with a special which enhanced strike power, going by that Gouki has island busting power in his fists and busts an island in every Goddamn punch, and since Ryu can take and block said punches, he has above island level durability and strength. But no, you will continue to use the double standard.

I could not see what was in the vid, though I assume it was the scene where Cloud cut piece of a building in half.

Not impressive when SF characters can break through boulders and such pretty easily.

Also, didn't Ryu once fire a Hadouken straight through a building?

Kirikaze Fuuma
there you go again. we're talking about physical strength and not a special. gouki can sink an island with a punch while he only managed to split it in half with a special when he's stronger. your logic is confusing. in SF4 trailer, you know that gouki's hadouken only managed to create an explosion and not created any heavy damage. don't make ryu looks like a DBZ character like. he's nowhere near island's durability.

Blax_Hydralisk
there you go again. we're talking about physical strength and not a special. gouki can sink an island with a punch while he only managed to split it in half with a special when he's stronger. your logic is confusing. in SF4 trailer, you know that gouki's hadouken only managed to create an explosion and not created any heavy damage. don't make ryu looks like a DBZ character like. he's nowhere near island's durability.

You're talking about physical strength not a special, yet repeatedly bringng up Cloud using a special to cut Bahamut.

It's a double standard.

Dark-Jaxx
there you go again. we're talking about physical strength and not a special. gouki can sink an island with a punch while he only managed to split it in half with a special when he's stronger. your logic is confusing. in SF4 trailer, you know that gouki's hadouken only managed to create an explosion and not created any heavy damage. don't make ryu looks like a DBZ character like. he's nowhere near island's durability. You're not very smart are you?

I'm bringing up an example of how I can apply Terry's stupid logic to fit my argument and showing how he is using a double standard.

Terryc250
He fought Gouki, who destroyed an island.

And your scans are unreliable.

Ever consider maybe Bahamut was closer to the screen than Cloud?

Cause when I saw Cloud cut the hell out of Bahamut, it was nowhere near 100 feet.

No, Bahamut just looks smaller sometimes because the camera angle is behind the character

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/3284/bahanailoy2.jpg

As you can see, Vincent is not even the size of Bahamuts toenail, and in the second picture Vincent is standing ON Bahamut.

No your not understanding my point, my point is Cloud has the strength to do all that, Ryu doesn't. Yes its a "special" but it still counts as his strength, Ryu can do all the specials he wants as well, but i don't see him being able to physically faze Bahamut.

Why can't you see whats in the vid? Press the play button, and fast forward to the times i posted.

SF characters cant break through bolders with normal attacks, or else they'd be shattering regular humans when they hit them.

I don't know, if he did, post it.

Bahamuts blast would've destroyed about 5 blocks of the city, Cloud went right through it.

Darkstorm Zero
Perhaps Gouki in SF3 ending was training, AND it was a slashing attack designed to SPLIT Uluru in half, not shatter it like Goukentou...

It's two different moves for starters...

2ndly, if Ryu can TAKE island busting shots, and dish them out since he has SFA Gouki level ability by SF3, then you tell me who has the higher physical stats...

However... Cloud's speed is much higher than Ryu's....

Kirikaze Fuuma
you sure know the difference of fist attacking type and slashing attacking type do you? gouki didn't use chop type but using a fist type. just like this : http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/arcade/a/sf3-2aku.htm

and, if ryu capable to shatter an island, why can't he KO hugo? hugo is just andore, a normal thug in final fight. don't tell me hugo is stronger than island because we know he's defeated somewhere in FF by someone who can't shatter an island.

Classic NES
you sure know the difference of fist attacking type and slashing attacking type do you? gouki didn't use chop type but using a fist type. just like this : http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/arcade/a/sf3-2aku.htm

He doesn't have to use a chop because the way he projects his energy dictates how it functions. Sameway Guile can cut with his projectile even though his fist are closed when he fires. Kongouku-Retsuzan is a cutting technique based on it's name and function.

Darkstorm Zero
Thank you, classic nes, finally, someone who can understand....

Classic NES
BTW, Darkstorm SC4 is out now. Are you gonna use it as ammo for the "thread"? shifty

Vampire Savior
WTF, Bahamut the size of a blue whale? That has to be one of the fanboyish things I have ever heard.

Terryc250
Well I showed you some evidence didn't I?

Blax_Hydralisk
No.

Dark-Jaxx
No, Bahamut just looks smaller sometimes because the camera angle is behind the character

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/3284/bahanailoy2.jpg

As you can see, Vincent is not even the size of Bahamuts toenail, and in the second picture Vincent is standing ON Bahamut.

No your not understanding my point, my point is Cloud has the strength to do all that, Ryu doesn't. Yes its a "special" but it still counts as his strength, Ryu can do all the specials he wants as well, but i don't see him being able to physically faze Bahamut.

Why can't you see whats in the vid? Press the play button, and fast forward to the times i posted.

SF characters cant break through bolders with normal attacks, or else they'd be shattering regular humans when they hit them.

I don't know, if he did, post it.

Bahamuts blast would've destroyed about 5 blocks of the city, Cloud went right through it. 1. And going by that pic he is not as big as a blue whale. And Ryu's feat is still better. Supporting over 20 tons for hours.

2. No, it doesn't. It doesn't prove Cloud has better bae physical strength than Ryu. Also, Bahamut has no real impressive feats. Being big does not cut it.

3. Don't know. YT vids are acting buggy when posted on the forum for some reason.

Yeah, they can. Regular humans? What "regular humans" do they actually fight in SF?

I only heard it was in the animated movie or sumthin, I don't know where it is.

And how do you know it would've destroyed 5 blocks of the city?

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Classic NES
BTW, Darkstorm SC4 is out now. Are you gonna use it as ammo for the "thread"? shifty

We'll see, I bought it, but I have to finish playing through it to learn the story.

Dark-Jaxx
The last boss is more powerful than Night Terror. 131

Darkstorm Zero
Gameplay, no way... storyline wise, maybe... but thats very hard to call...

Classic NES
They stated that he was the most powerful character in SC history.

Darkstorm Zero
I don't recall where that was said...... sad

Dark-Jaxx
Yeah, on the character Algol it was stated that he "Easily fits the bill of being the most powerful character in the Soul series ever" or sumthin like that.

Algol wields both Soul Edge and Soul Calibur.

Darkstorm Zero
Yeah, that I knew, but, I can't find in his profile or anywhere else in the game that states he is, in fact, the strongest SC character ever... I dunno, maybe I havn't unlocked it yet or sumthin... Work has chewed my time up like you wouldn't beleive...

Dark-Jaxx
The creator stated he is the strongest ever actually lol.

Darkstorm Zero
Link?

Dark-Jaxx
Nah. I don't care enough about it to find one.

Darkstorm Zero
Gee, thanks...

Classic NES
The designer allegedly stated that he's easily the strongest character, but the source is from wiki. Isn't Night Terror the final evolution of Nightmare?

Darkstorm Zero
It's a form of Nightmare that occurs when the completed Soul Edge fuses with Soul Calibur due to Zasalamel's magic...

Dark-Jaxx
http://kotaku.com/5024296/soul-calibur-iv-+-so-who-is-algol-anyway

This states he is the most powerful.

Classic NES
I personally feel that Night Terror is equal to the likes of Algol.

Dark-Jaxx
Well too bad, the creator says otherwise.

Classic NES
That wasn't the creator who stated that, it was one of the designers. Also, Night Terror was a secret non-canon boss which means he can easily be excluded from that claim.

Darkstorm Zero

Dark-Jaxx
That wasn't the creator who stated that, it was one of the designers. Also, Night Terror was a secret non-canon boss which means he can easily be excluded from that claim. Oh.

Nah.

DarkC
Many of Gouki's attacks are designed to slice through his enemy despite the move not indicating such. All of his gou-shoryukens, for example, and his tatsumaki-senpuu-kyaku special (I forget what it was called)
and, if ryu capable to shatter an island, why can't he KO hugo? hugo is just andore, a normal thug in final fight. don't tell me hugo is stronger than island because we know he's defeated somewhere in FF by someone who can't shatter an island.
Hugo's not what you would call "normal".

He is the only Street Fighter character thus far to take a Shin Shoryuken from Ryu (officially stated I believe) and NOT be incapacitated.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by DarkC
Hugo's not what you would call "normal".

He is the only Street Fighter character thus far to take a Shin Shoryuken from Ryu (officially stated I believe) and NOT be incapacitated. Yeah, I love it that when Hugo takes the Shin Shoryuken, the Shin Shoryuken must by default be weak.

Why the hell can't Hugo just be really durable and strong?

DarkC
Seriously, all you'd have to do is LOOK at the guy to realise that "Okay, maybe this guy isn't such a pansy after all".

Classic NES
I love how people keep bringing up Hugo as a simple Street thug despite the fact that over Ten years have passed since Final fight.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by DarkC
Seriously, all you'd have to do is LOOK at the guy to realise that "Okay, maybe this guy isn't such a pansy after all". Dude is like a thousand pounds of muscle and is like 9 feet tall lol.

Superboy Prime

Vampire Savior
Peeps do know that Ryu doesn't fight to kill or seriously injure? If Ryu want's to kill cats wit his moves, he can.

And Hugo IS durable...

Jayct
Ryu is A LOT stronger than Cloud...easy proof....like it has been said before, he can support that huge boulder for hours....in Final Fantasy 7's ending, Tida and Cloud are hanging from a cliff and Cloud seems to struggle pulling Tida up onto the cliff.

Cloud has more endurance though, I think Ryu would be in much worse shape after he took a bullet the way Cloud did in the movie.

Terryc250
^ um no, he didnt struggle at all, infact he was having a casual conversation with her while pulling himself up with one arm,

Honestly watch from 3:50 to 5:10, and pay attenttion to what he easily cuts from 5:00-5:10, and don't bother saying its the sharpness of the sword, because if it was then it would be starting to cut through the building as he was standing on it, he would clear cutting those buildings with sheer power, he even had enough power to launch himself vertically for many many meters without losing any momentum from the building falling on him

abkM9ibrx10

Do you think Ryu has enough power to do that?

Dark-Jaxx
Considering he does not have a sword, no.

And the First Tsurigi is not a normal sword, it is very sharp, yes, the sharpness, durability, and size helped with the damage.

Ryu would just punch through it though.

Hannibal-Lector
Considering he does not have a sword, no.

And the First Tsurigi is not a normal sword, it is very sharp, yes, the sharpness, durability, and size helped with the damage.

Ryu would just punch through it though.

LOL Ryu is NOT punchign through Clouds sword under any condition... The very fact that it was able to withstand blows from the Masamune which is swung with Trillions of Newtons (sufficient power to create SHOCKWAVES that cut through giant buildings and cannons) is more than enough to prove its durability... Im very amused that you think cause he can lift a boulder, you think he can punch through something as durable as Clouds sword... Cloud easily out classes Ryu in nearly every way (this is apparent to people who have a clear understanding of both characters, not just what has been seen on youtube/ wikipedia

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Hannibal-Lector
LOL Ryu is NOT punchign through Clouds sword under any condition... The very fact that it was able to withstand blows from the Masamune which is swung with Trillions of Newtons (sufficient power to create SHOCKWAVES that cut through giant buildings and cannons) is more than enough to prove its durability... Im very amused that you think cause he can lift a boulder, you think he can punch through something as durable as Clouds sword... Cloud easily out classes Ryu in nearly every way (this is apparent to people who have a clear understanding of both characters, not just what has been seen on youtube/ wikipedia I never said Ryu can punch through Cloud's sword. erm

And on, Cloud is not as strong as Ryu, as skilled, or as powerful.

This is a fairly even match.

Terryc250
Ryu is DEFINATELY not punching through, or doing anything remotely close to what Cloud is doing in the video

If the sword was that sharp, then it would be cutting through the building while Cloud stands on it at 4:06

Dark-Jaxx
Ryu is DEFINATELY not punching through, or doing anything remotely close to what Cloud is doing in the video

If the sword was that sharp, then it would be cutting through the building while Cloud stands on it at 4:06 He stabbed it in the building while exerting nearly no effort to do so...

How is that proving your point? erm

Terryc250
Yeah, because hes that strong that he can effortlessly stab it into the building, think about it, if he puts all his weight (standing on it) on this "sharp" sword your claiming, then the sharpness of the sword should beable to cutting downwards down the building as hes standing on it (making it impossible for him to stand on)

So that means its not the sharpness of the sword that cuts through the building, but its his power, and the durability of his sword.

Dark-Jaxx
Cloud is like...What? 140 pounds?

Compared to a sword which is probably 200-300 pounds.

He stabbed it in fairly deep, and the blade is wide, it should be perfectly able to support his weight.

Terryc250
Of course it would support his weight, because his sword isn't some magically uber sharp sword.

Dark-Jaxx
Uber sharp? Nah.

Pretty sharp? Yeah.

Terryc250
Give Ryu Clouds sword and he can do the same things Cloud can?

Dark-Jaxx
Prolly not. He's never used a sword before.

Terryc250
I dont think you need to be a sword genius to cut through buildings

Dark-Jaxx
Genius? No.

But you need to be able to use one correctly.

Terryc250
Alright, if Ryu had some sword lessons, you think he'd beable to chop up buildings with his strength?

Dark-Jaxx
Sure, why not?

And it was part of a building.

No one in FFVII has cut an entire building in half.

Only Donavan Baine is allowed to do that shit. 131

Terryc250
Big parts of buildings, and i highly doubt Ryu can

Sado22
how do we know ryu carried the boulders for hours? i don't remember that confused

and Cloud shitstomps ryu and mails little pieces of him to Ken and Akuma.

....so 10 years pass by and he becomes a god as far durability is concerned? only to be squashed by Kyle some time later?

~Sado

Sado22
Bahamut sin>>>two boulder. and where the f--k are you pulling the whole "20 tons" thing anyway?

Cloud is the most skilled guy in his world and is on par with Sephiroth who is the god of sword fighting in FF7 world

cloud's projectile cancelled out what looked like a tidal wave of ki. ryu's hadouken feels like a well landed kick. do the math laughing

~Sado

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Sado22
Bahamut sin>>>two boulder. and where the f--k are you pulling the whole "20 tons" thing anyway?

Cloud is the most skilled guy in his world and is on par with Sephiroth who is the god of sword fighting in FF7 world

cloud's projectile cancelled out what looked like a tidal wave of ki. ryu's hadouken feels like a well landed kick. do the math laughing

~Sado 1. It was a special attack, not a normal slash.

Going by what you are saying, Gouki can destroy an island with brute strength alone.

And judging by the size of the boulders, they amounted to roughly 20 tons.

2. Sephiroth isn't this Godlike being in terms of swordskill either. Like Cloud, he beats people through strength and speed, not skill. And Cloud is nowhere as skilled as Sephiroth.

Ryu is nearly on par with Gouki in H2H, the God of the Fist.

3. What projectile?

Vampire Savior
Can Cloud wreck sky scrapers in single attacks? No

Can he incinerate his foes wit single attacks? No

Can Cloud lift 2 boulders and keep it there for hours? No

And this bull shit 'bout Bahamut bein heavy is just that...bull shit.

1.He's a summon, an illusionary creature

2.Cloud didn't do anything to it but slash it, he didn't punch the damn thing into a buildin or pick it up and toss it.

3.When Cloud slashed it there wasn't anything inside'im but blue energy shit.

4.Nothing says it weighs anything, at least Ryu lifted actual worldly objects like boulders and not magical monsters that have no weight at all and are mainly illusions.

'Aint sayin Cloud is gonna lose, just that it aint a stomp in his favor.

So please, just cut it and shuv it...

Kirikaze Fuuma
Can Cloud wreck sky scrapers in single attacks? No

Can he incinerate his foes wit single attacks? No

Can Cloud lift 2 boulders and keep it there for hours? No

And this bull shit 'bout Bahamut bein heavy is just that...bull shit.

1.He's a summon, an illusionary creature

2.Cloud didn't do anything to it but slash it, he didn't punch the damn thing into a buildin or pick it up and toss it.

3.When Cloud slashed it there wasn't anything inside'im but blue energy shit.

4.Nothing says it weighs anything, at least Ryu lifted actual worldly objects like boulders and not magical monsters that have no weight at all and are mainly illusions.

'Aint sayin Cloud is gonna lose, just that it aint a stomp in his favor.

So please, just cut it and shuv it...

anime.

when did he do that?

no proof. maybe he could, maybe not.

logic proof he's heavy according to his size.

1. it is for real, not just illusion.

2. the fact cloud smack it all the way to the ground.

3. so, you think bahamut's weight = baloon?

4. check no. 1 and 3.

Vampire Savior
anime. Canon abilities.

when did he do that?SFA Movie

no proof. maybe he could, maybe not. Lol, he can't

logic proof he's heavy according to his size. That's ignorant

1. it is for real, not just illusion. So...

2. the fact cloud smack it all the way to the ground. He didn't smack it to the ground, it FELL to the ground.

3. so, you think bahamut's weight = baloon? Could be, he's hollow as hell and there's nothin that say's he's heavy.

4. check no. 1 and 3. ???

Terryc250
First of all, prove that those are canon feats

Just because its a summon doesn't mean its heavy, it was crushing everything it fell on, destroying whatever it was running into, its no "illusion".

What says its hollow? Watch the fight again, use a bit of common sense, nothing says its not heavy.

Dark-Jaxx
Seriously though...Why is Cloud cutting Bahamut some uber strength feat? It's not like he threw him, Bahamut fell after being cut...And it was a special again.

I would like to know how the SFA movie thing is canon, when he blew up the skyscraper.

Terryc250
Its not like Bahamut fell down because of pain, his blade didnt even cut him, he was knocked down, being a "special" doesn't take away that its his strength feat, the fact that he's capable of doing such things means he's that strong, but even so, Cloud has the strength to split huge columns of buildings in half with regular attacks anyway.

Superboy Prime
sigh.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Canon abilities.

SFA Movie

Lol, he can't

That's ignorant

So...

He didn't smack it to the ground, it FELL to the ground.

Could be, he's hollow as hell and there's nothin that say's he's heavy.

???

shinkuu hadouken while in satsui no hadou state.

satsui no hadou again.

maybe yes maybe no.

whatever...

smile

fell to the ground after smacked by cloud.

then why it didn't pushed by yuffie's shuriken, barret's bullets, and also it broke some iron mast while it fell?

Dark-Jaxx
Its not like Bahamut fell down because of pain, his blade didnt even cut him, he was knocked down, being a "special" doesn't take away that its his strength feat, the fact that he's capable of doing such things means he's that strong, but even so, Cloud has the strength to split huge columns of buildings in half with regular attacks anyway. ...Yeah, the blade did cut him. no expression

Being a special apparently does take away the strength feat, least that seems to be popular opinion on the board.

Terryc250
It cut him when he did Climhazzard and ripped through him, but when he knocked him to the ground it didnt cut him

Sado22
ryu hasn't either

ryu hasn't either

probably

why?

talk about missing the point. you fail.

your point?

right because when it wrecked the fountain and was killing people....it was an illusion too. on top of that, the giant blue ball of flames was also an illusion.
go home.

a small island. much smaller than the ayres rock really.

bullshit. and i don't care what something appears to weigh. give me the real weight or just save it.

throughout their fightin in FFAC cloud hung in there with seph from beginning to end. they are definitely equal in skill.

laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

the second time when he goes to rescue denzel from teh silver haired queers.

~Sado

DarkC
...Yeah, the blade did cut him. no expression

Being a special apparently does take away the strength feat, least that seems to be popular opinion on the board.
He wasn't able to so much as scratch Bahamut until after he combined the First Tsurugi completely and pulled off the Limit Break. Apparently the separated swords aren't strong enough to pierce Bahamut's armor.

Vampire Savior
shinkuu hadouken while in satsui no hadou state. No

satsui no hadou again. Regular Ryu is FAR stronger than that now...

maybe yes maybe no. Lol,no...

whatever... Yeah...WHAT.....EVER!!!

fell to the ground after smacked by cloud. No...fell to the ground after SLASHED by cloud.

then why it didn't pushed by yuffie's shuriken, barret's bullets, and also it broke some iron mast while it fell? Cuz he's hard... laughing out loud

Deedeedeeeee...Originally posted by Sado22
ryu hasn't either But he can, Cloud can't.

ryu hasn't either But he can, Cloud can't.

probablyLol, No...

why?Stated why already...

talk about missing the point. you fail.I hope yur not serious.

your point? laughing out loud There's nothin inside it.

right because when it wrecked the fountain and was killing people....it was an illusion too. on top of that, the giant blue ball of flames was also an illusion.
go home. Talk about missin the point entirely. The point was that MOST summons are illusionary or have illusionary attacks, they are not from this world therefore, we can't assume they are heavy just cuz there big. And still assume such a thing even tho they're as hollow as an empty 40 OZ.

Save comments like "go home" when yur right.
You suck at this, man.

Jayct

Honestly watch from 3:50 to 5:10, and pay attenttion to what he easily cuts from 5:00-5:10, and don't bother saying its the sharpness of the sword, because if it was then it would be starting to cut through the building as he was standing on it, he would clear cutting those buildings with sheer power, he even had enough power to launch himself vertically for many many meters without losing any momentum from the building falling on him

abkM9ibrx10

Do you think Ryu has enough power to do that?

So explain to me how japanese fighters in world war 2 were able to cut through metal cannons with their katanas ? Was it their excellent blades or were they all really, really superhuman powerful like Cloud ?

Vampire Savior
So explain to me how japanese fighters in world war 2 were able to cut through metal cannons with their katanas ? Was it their excellent blades or were they all really, really superhuman powerful like Cloud ? Or how Karate kids shatter bricks despite the the fact that can't even lift them. OR how how sword masters can't lift trees but can slice them in 2.

Ryu is PHYSICALLY stronger than Cloud

This whole Cloud is stronger argument cuz he can cut down giant things is lame and it fails.

Lol, I don't think the Japanese cuttin thru canons was in WWII tho.

Jayct
Dunno, might have been WW1, but it definately did happen, they have a cut cannon with a sword next to it on display in the London war museum.

Vampire Savior
Dunno, might have been WW1, but it definately did happen, they have a cut cannon with a sword next to it on display in the London war museum. Well maybe it was WWII, my bad.

But I do get yur point which is a ridiculously good one. Hell, I can't rip a phone book in half but I can cut in 2 wit a kitchen knife

Burning thought
Ime sick of the "cloud is strong because he can stuff!!" rubbish as well tbh

Vampire Savior
Or what about the the guys who crush the giant blocks of ice on thier heads, despite the fact they could never dream of lifting the block of ice.

It's all about chi and focus, not to mention the fact that Cloud doesn't wield regular swords.

Terryc250
Or how Karate kids shatter bricks despite the the fact that can't even lift them. OR how how sword masters can't lift trees but can slice them in 2.

Ryu is PHYSICALLY stronger than Cloud

This whole Cloud is stronger argument cuz he can cut down giant things is lame and it fails.

Lol, I don't think the Japanese cuttin thru canons was in WWII tho.

Ryu is NOT physically stronger then Cloud, Cloud basically flies around like the Hulk just by jumping, he launches himself with just his sword vertically for a good amount of metres cutting through everything without losing any momentum, he EASILY cuts through giant columns of buildings easier then a hot knife through butter, Ryu has good lifting strength but has never shown to have a physique like Cloud in battle, honestly watch from 3:50 to 5:10

abkM9ibrx10

Please, stop with your statements, and actually show me something comparable to this.

And show me people cutting through canons, statements mean nothing without proof, i can say a regular human can cut through the planet, but it means nothing without any proof.

Yeah because cutting huge chunks of buildings requires no strength dur

Classic NES

If you could destroy buildings with your fireball, would you need weapons?

lIKpa7EBE3Q

Vampire Savior
Ryu is NOT physically stronger then Cloud, Cloud basically flies around like the Hulk just by jumping, he launches himself with just his sword vertically for a good amount of metres cutting through everything without losing any momentum Guys like hayabusa and Dante do that all the time, that doesn't make them uber, they aint uber.

And lol, Ryu destroyed a plateau just by jumpin off of it, Cloud can't do that.

he EASILY cuts through giant columns of buildings easier then a hot knife through butter, Ryu has good lifting strength but has never shown to have a physique like Cloud in battle, honestly watch from 3:50 to 5:10

abkM9ibrx10 That's BS, Cloud has A GIANT IREGULLAR sword, that does't make'im stronger than Ryu. When he is doin shit like that wit a knife or a human blade, that's when it'll be better than Ryu.

Please, stop with your statements, and actually show me something comparable to this. Well stop postin Vids of Cloud doin stuff and then hype it to a fanboyish level.

And show me people cutting through canons, statements mean nothing without proof, i can say a regular human can cut through the planet, but it means nothing without any proof. laughing out loud

Yeah because cutting huge chunks of buildings requires no strength dur Not if you got the 1st Tsurugi or a Buster Sword.

Vampire Savior
If you could destroy buildings with your fireball, would you need weapons?

lIKpa7EBE3Q No, I guess not...and yet peeps say Cloud STOMPS'im. laughing

8:30 thru 8:50 . Can Cloud do that?

Jayct

And show me people cutting through canons, statements mean nothing without proof, i can say a regular human can cut through the planet, but it means nothing without any proof.dur

O jeez, go search the web, it's a well known fact that these swords can cut through metal. They cut through armour plates, anything. In the mythbusters episode The Count of Monte Cristo they cut through other metal swords with katanas. Now the two geeks from Mythbusters aren't really your powerful type.

Also, about this flying around thing which supposedly makes cloud so powerful...go watch the new SF IV anime movie and see how high up Gouki and Ryu are just after Ryu punches Gouki out of the air....they can leap too.

Vampire Savior
Jz1nBTrp1QA Can Cloud do this?

4:27 to 5:04

I could understand if Cloud just wins, which I think he will, but it's just not a stomp.

Classic NES
How does this fight go according to you if Cloud does not have Materia, Vampire?

Vampire Savior
How does this fight go according to you if Cloud does not have Materia, Vampire?

Cloud wit no Materia 6.5/10. (He's faster, "prolly" and he's got a giant super impossibly sharp sword.)

Wit Materia Cloud 10/10. (Lol, Ryu wont even know what hit'im, literally)

That's how it is to me.

Vampire Savior
8Loj8rP-XWc
2:45 to 2:55

OOOOOOO look at Ryu's mighty power, he can jump really high and shatter the stuff he jumps off of. laughing

Terryc250
Guys like hayabusa and Dante do that all the time, that doesn't make them uber, they aint uber.

And lol, Ryu destroyed a plateau just by jumpin off of it, Cloud can't do that.

Well stop postin Vids of Cloud doin stuff and then hype it to a fanboyish level.

laughing out loud

Not if you got the 1st Tsurugi or a Buster Sword.

Stop posting uncanon stuff? You might as well post Gouki smashing a meteor twice the size of earth and making it his real feat.

Where has it been stated that the 1st tsurugi or buster sword is some magical uber sharp sword? If it was that sharp Cloud wouldn't be able to stand on it after he stabbed it into the building

Classic NES
"buTZ qa cOlioudz cAn jhumpo has high as Tha Hulkc!!!111" http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/3817/kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

Jayct

Where has it been stated that the 1st tsurugi or buster sword is some magical uber sharp sword? If it was that sharp Cloud wouldn't be able to stand on it after he stabbed it into the building

Cloud was standing on the one half of the sword, the other half was in the building. Cloud's gravity was pulling down on the one half of the sword, thus the part that was in the building was pushing up - not down...

Terryc250
Cloud was standing on the one half of the sword, the other half was in the building. Cloud's gravity was pulling down on the one half of the sword, thus the part that was in the building was pushing up - not down...

If the blade was "sharp" the sharp end would still cut down through the building, stab a knife into butter, then push down on the end, the "sharp" part still will cut through and would be impossible to stand on, thats if the blade was some uber sharp sword.

Peach
"buTZ qa cOlioudz cAn jhumpo has high as Tha Hulkc!!!111" http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/3817/kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

Do not make spam posts like that.

And Vampire Savior, unless it specifically says in the first post of the thread (which it doesn't here), non-canon sources are not allowed. This means nothing outside of the actual games.

Burning thought

Yeah because cutting huge chunks of buildings requires no strength dur

no it doesnt, if a man takes a sharp sword to a piece of wood and slices through it in an instant, yet a man with a blunt edge but slightly stronger due to body building cannot break through the block of wood, then obviously the sword makes a diffrence, dont you see the logic behind a sharp edge being able to slice through objects with ease without needing strength?

I guess Darth vader is extremely strong since he can slice through objects in an instant with his light saber, his strength pushes it through, not the swords heat...

Kirikaze Fuuma
No

Regular Ryu is FAR stronger than that now...

Lol,no...

No...fell to the ground after SLASHED by cloud.

Cuz he's hard... laughing out loud

yes.

skill = SF1 evil ryu. power != SF1 evil ryu. why don't ryu just incinerate hugo with his shinkuu hadouken? it will be over in a matter of second.

repeat : maybe yes maybe no.

bahamut doesn't have any cutting damage.

don't try to throw a dirt. your last statement is full of bullshit.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Peach
Do not make spam posts like that.

And Vampire Savior, unless it specifically says in the first post of the thread (which it doesn't here), non-canon sources are not allowed. This means nothing outside of the actual games. I am sorry miss, but your second statement is simply not true.

If another piece of fiction like and anime or comic is considered to show canon abilities by the creators, then it can be used.

Dark-Jaxx
a small island. much smaller than the ayres rock really.

bullshit. and i don't care what something appears to weigh. give me the real weight or just save it.

throughout their fightin in FFAC cloud hung in there with seph from beginning to end. they are definitely equal in skill.

laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

the second time when he goes to rescue denzel from teh silver haired queers.

~Sado 1. Prove it. And said feat is still much more than anything Cloud or even Sephiroth for that matter has ever done. And it had mountains. It was an island with mountains. It was bigger than Ayer's Rock.

2. Or I can show a picture of a boulder similar in size to both of Ryu's boulders(a little smaller in fact) that is 10 tons. But that's not proof right?

Going by that, PROVE Bahamut weighs anything at all.

And yes, Bahamut was hollow on the inside.

3. Bullshit, Sephiroth toyed with Cloud throughout the whole fight and was beating his ass.

4. Since Ryu has in fact stalemated Gouki. smile

Just using facts man. big grin

5. Vid?

Terryc250
Originally posted by Burning thought
no it doesnt, if a man takes a sharp sword to a piece of wood and slices through it in an instant, yet a man with a blunt edge but slightly stronger due to body building cannot break through the block of wood, then obviously the sword makes a diffrence, dont you see the logic behind a sharp edge being able to slice through objects with ease without needing strength?

I guess Darth vader is extremely strong since he can slice through objects in an instant with his light saber, his strength pushes it through, not the swords heat...
Cutting through wood with a sword DOES require strength, you're making it seem as though Clouds sword is some magically sharp sword that cuts through anything, its not, so don't even compare it to a lightsabre

If it requires no strength, then you go grab a sword, and try cutting through concrete, see how easy it is.

The ability is canon, however hadoukens blowing up buildings isn't, hadoukens in canon have never been that strong, thats why you cannot post it claiming that hadoukens are that strong when the anime isn't canon in the first place, its the exact same reason why you cannot post that non-canon comic of Gouki destroying a meteor twice the size of earth.

Peach
I am sorry miss, but your second statement is simply not true.

If another piece of fiction like and anime or comic is considered to show canon abilities by the creators, then it can be used.

Going by the rules of this forum, what I said is correct. This is a GAMES Vs forum. Thus only games themselves are considered canon here.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Peach
Going by the rules of this forum, what I said is correct. This is a GAMES Vs forum. Thus only games themselves are considered canon here. Then that totally ignores the logic within the fictions themselves.

UDON comics have been stated to show the canonical abilities of Darkstalkers and Streetfighter characters, so now those can't be used?

Oh and you ruled that the Halo novels could be used in debates. Which are not the games.

Peach
Then that totally ignores the logic within the fictions themselves.

UDON comics have been stated to show the canonical abilities of Darkstalkers and Streetfighter characters, so now those can't be used?

Oh and you ruled that the Halo novels could be used in debates. Which are not the games.

I ruled that things like the novels, comics, etc. can be used ONLY if specified by the thread starter.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>