What's with all the food and hunger in anime?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

agphoenix
Has anyone else noticed that someone or the other is incredibly hungry in almost ALL anime?

Then they end up slurping on noodles and chomping on rice cakes

It can't just be a coincidence.

Ideas?

Blax_Hydralisk
Asians are oppressed by their governments so they use their animative work as a sort of sexual fantasy.

Magee
"Asians" lol. Considering most anime is based on manga that comes out of Japan your theory is retarded at best.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
they use their animative work as a sort of sexual fantasy.

No suprise there. Every animative worker always have those fantasies. Even Pokemon is made from people who have those fantasies like Officer Jenny in her mini shorts (and sometimes skirt).

BradBalboa
well if u mean in Naruto and One piece, that comes from DBZ, since Goku was always eating and Naruto and Luffys insparation was Goku

agphoenix
Asians are oppressed by their governments so they use their animative work as a sort of sexual fantasy.

food, hunger, growling stomachs, blushing at the thought of food.......... .................

'sexual fantasy'

Dude/Dudette, I can think of a few instances where food and sexual fantasies can come together in real life! But I'm not quite sure what you mean by it being a means to release sexual suppression in anime.

Not being condescending, just wondering what you mean. smile

Dark-Jaxx
He's basically saying Japan is a pretty weird place. Which it is.

agphoenix
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
He's basically saying Japan is a pretty weird place. Which it is.

LOL! Fair enough!

I'm watching Blood+ and Saya has a barbecue with her family...and sure enough...has a foodgasm, even though she just pigged out at a restaurant.

Weird is right Jaxx...weird is right! I just don't get it. smile

dadudemon
Dudes, Blax was being facetious. erm

But he was onto something. In the Japanese culture, being healthy is more important than the American (or possibly the UK one).

Here's an example of the contrast:
http://crusaderx.blogspot.com/2008/06/japan-waist-google-news.html

You'd never see a thing like that happen in the US.

Also, it is sort of a cultural humor thing to be super hungry and pig out. It's cultural humor to have snappy zinger comebacks against your parents in American, but no Japan.

You see? There's cultural differences portrayed in each countries respective media.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Magee
"Asians" lol. Considering most anime is based on manga that comes out of Japan your theory is retarded at best.

Considering A) I was being facetious, as DDM poitetd out, and B) Most Anime is inspried by Japanese manga though not all are...

It'd just be easier to just say that you're a dumbass. smile

agphoenix
Originally posted by dadudemon
Dudes, Blax was being facetious. erm

But he was onto something. In the Japanese culture, being healthy is more important than the American (or possibly the UK one).

Here's an example of the contrast:
http://crusaderx.blogspot.com/2008/06/japan-waist-google-news.html

You'd never see a thing like that happen in the US.

Also, it is sort of a cultural humor thing to be super hungry and pig out. It's cultural humor to have snappy zinger comebacks against your parents in American, but no Japan.

You see? There's cultural differences portrayed in each countries respective media.

Yeah see, this is the kind of information I was wondering about. I didn't know being super hungry and pigging out was culturally humorous in Japan, or even the Far East. It's the one part of the world I haven't been to .Thank you dadudemon.

Although I do know that there are 'cultural differences portrayed in each countries respective media.'

Blax, I haven't read your past posts enough to know...I REALLY didn't catch the fact that you were being facetious. embarrasment Sorry about that.

Blax_Hydralisk
I had no problem with you.

Magee was being foolish, so don't worry about it.

Dark-Jaxx
Seriously though, Japan is a pretty weird place.

agphoenix
Seriously though, Japan is a pretty weird place.

Do tell! cool

Resplendent
Originally posted by agphoenix
Do tell! cool What about the fabled used panties in vending machines? There are far more strange things such as game shows, documentaries, cartoons teaching kids to use the bathroom with song and dance, and the list just goes on.

But I'd say...maybe to tell their youth to eat more? Which equals more spending. Then again, that would go against the legislation that they're trying to pass that forbids your waistline to be past a certain point.

Dark-Jaxx
Here's one reason.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s252/ngrpleez/Random%20Bullshit/Japan.gif

agphoenix
Here's one reason.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s252/ngrpleez/Random%20Bullshit/Japan.gif

I shall NEVER question you again!

Although I see why he picked that particular one. smokin'

Magee
It'd just be easier to just say that you're a dumbass. smile Says the guy that uses the word Asian refering to every one on 'that' side of the world. smile

agphoenix
Originally posted by Resplendent
What about the fabled used panties in vending machines?

You're kidding right? omg_smilie

Blax_Hydralisk
Says the guy that uses the word Asian refering to every one on 'that' side of the world. smile

Considering that it isn't only Japanese who make Anime, I'm entitled to do so.

And way to reply to that post and not the one where I ***** slapped your logic. Funny.

Go back to the Comic book forum. You're out of your league here. smile

Magee
Considering that it isn't only Japanese who make Anime, I'm entitled to do so.

And way to reply to that post and not the one where I ***** slapped your logic. Funny.

Go back to the Comic book forum. You're out of your league here. smile There was no logic, just a little blunt humour which seems to have offended you, I am very sorry. smile

I also did'nt realise there was a league and that you took internet forums so seriously, please continue to work your way up to number one!

Dark-Jaxx
Magee, I have a question.

Why are you so arrogant?

I mean it's not like you deserve it or anything.

You don't seem to contribute much in the forum or debate.

So why do you like to be an ass and insult people?

Get over yourself.

Blax_Hydralisk
Because he's a troll. smile

But not the good kind. He's like Da Joker and Nemesis X. He's just an irritating, unfunny kind troll. Funny trolls can be fun to have around... Magee isn't a funny troll.

Dark-Jaxx
Yeah, if he's a troll he pretty much sucks. Not like me, I'm a good troll. I make people laugh or get mad at me. He just kinda fails.

Magee
You guys, so funny. I am a troll who has been here since 2003? Right. I come on here for 10 minutes a day to read random crap and pass the time and some times contribute more pointless crap to a pointless forum. However it's people like you two that put me off coming to forums. The 15 year olds who think they know every thing who don't have much of a social life so try to gain respect on an internet forum. So quick to judge, you need to relax, go out side or some thing. smile

Dark-Jaxx
You guys, so funny. I am a troll who has been here since 2003? Right. I come on here for 10 minutes a day to read random crap and pass the time and some times contribute more pointless crap to a pointless forum. However it's people like you two that put me off coming to forums. The 15 year olds who think they know every thing who don't have much of a social life so try to gain respect on an internet forum. So quick to judge, you need to relax, go out side or some thing. smile You are a bit of a troll. I rarely see you post without some kinda insult or arrogant comment(seriously, what have you done to deserve such arrogance?) directed towards one person. I rarely see you contribute shit. 15 years old? That would be 16 year olds sir. smile

And actually, I have a fairly decent social life to be honest.

So GTFO.

agphoenix
You guys, so funny. I am a troll who has been here since 2003? Right. I come on here for 10 minutes a day to read random crap and pass the time and some times contribute more pointless crap to a pointless forum. However it's people like you two that put me off coming to forums. The 15 year olds who think they know every thing who don't have much of a social life so try to gain respect on an internet forum. So quick to judge, you need to relax, go out side or some thing. smile

I'm apologizing in advance because I probably don't have enough credibility to intrude (only been here since what...2008), but just a few things there Magee;

You've been put off coming to forums YET you are still right here; ever SINCE 2003. And VOLUNTARILY spend 10 minutes a day, knowing it's going to be 'random crap', and then CHOOSE to contribute with 'pointless crap to a pointless forum'. The '15 year olds' need to relax, yet it seems you're a tad bit on edge yourself.

I apologize again because I haven't read any of other posts. But as far as this one is concerned...

...please stop being a d!@$-drip and let's have a cheers Just try and enjoy our company.

P.S. Btw, I'm 33 and life's gooooood. cool

Amen?

Magee
Originally posted by agphoenix
You've been put off coming to forums YET you are still right here; ever SINCE 2003. And VOLUNTARILY spend 10 minutes a day, knowing it's going to be 'random crap', and then CHOOSE to contribute with 'pointless crap to a pointless forum'. The '15 year olds' need to relax, yet it seems you're a tad bit on edge yourself. By put off I mean interacting with any one in any meaningful way other than a quote like this. I am on edge? What does that mean and how can you tell this from text? blink

agphoenix
By put off I mean interacting with any one in any meaningful way other than a quote like this. I am on edge? What does that mean and how can you tell this from text? blink

I know what vernacular like 'put off' means man. I was in Southampton for 16 years.

By being on 'edge' I just meant that it sounds, or reads rather, that you're being derogatory towards some of the other members. At least that's what I can tell 'from text,' since words tend to convey feelings and opinions. When you type things like, 'it's people like you two' it reads/sounds abrasive, that's all. If I read into that incorrectly, I apologize.

Plus, I'm a newbie and just want to have fun. If you can't give a chuff about them, then enjoy another thread man.

Now may I type less formally, and get back to mangaka and their need to have hungry, blushing, stomach growling characters please?eat

The Last Rider
It may have somthing to do with the fact that their always running,gunning,or ruining someone's day or life. After a day of back-breaking work,and having unnatural metabolism, it may be a deciding factor in why they feel the need to gourge on large quanties of food on a daily basis. And maybe because they just can, and why should be worried about it when we're concentrating on their next great fight or problem

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.