No Catwoman?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Da Joker

RevoWution™©®
I second that!

A mate and I have been discussing the fate of Two-Face. When I watched the film, I was quite convinced he had died from the fall.

But after numerous discussions, I've kinda convinced myself that Two-Face isn't dead. Possibly just knocked out, cuz his coin did land on the good side lol. But then again, that coin toss was meant for Gordon, right? So I may be expecting too much haha.

I sure hope he's not dead. Because I thought Eckhart was brilliant. So was the make-up/CGI! big grin

Bat Dude
Dark Knight Returns on film would be dastardly good...

I call it right now: Michael Keaton for Batman if there is EVER a DKR movie... I don't care if Christian Bale does a better modern Batman, DKR isn't modern Batman... Michael Keaton based his Batman on DKR in 1989... He HAS to play him if DKR is ever considered...

Just my two cents... And as it stands right now, Two-Face (my favorite villain) is the ONLY rotation member I want to appear in the 3rd movie... No Catwoman, no Riddler (especially if Two-Face re-emerges) or Penguin... I'm really partial to Two-Face and Black Mask now, myself (as much as I really want Reaper in the movie, it probably won't happen)

The Heap
I'm hoping Nolan strays away from Catwoman .

Hopefully, Harvey Dent isn't dead.

SelinaAndBruce
I totally would want Michael Keaton in the Dark Knight Returns

Mairuzu
lolMichael Keaton

Da Joker
Nah, he doesn't need to be Batman anymore...he's too old now. Bale is the best Batman, let's stick with that.

BruceSkywalker

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Da Joker
Nah, he doesn't need to be Batman anymore...he's too old now. Bale is the best Batman, let's stick with that.

So you want Bale to play Batman in DKR, which is the story that Keaton based his Batman on (along with 30s Batman)?

Keaton is old enough and experienced enough to be a 50 year old DKR Batman...

Bale can stick with modern Batman stuff... But Keaton OWNS old Batman...

Da Joker
He doesn't own anything, it's not his character.

Bat Dude
He doesn't own anything, it's not his character.

It's an expression, dude...

Mr Shindiggery
It would be great to see Keaton back as Batman in a film adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns but if he is not avaible my choice would be Mickey Rourke.

Da Joker
I don't really want to see him back as Batman...truthfully. He's the second best Batman...but I still don't want him back.

BruceSkywalker
I don't even want Frank Miller to turn his The Dark Knight Returns Graphic Novel into a film at all

RevoWution™©®
Originally posted by Mr Shindiggery
It would be great to see Keaton back as Batman in a film adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns but if he is not avaible my choice would be Mickey Rourke.

I wouldn't mind Keaton as DKR Batman, cuz I grew up watching Batman 89 and Batman Returns and I STILL love BOTH of them as they are classics.

But Mickey Rourke? LOL LOL LOL. No thanks haha. Possibly as Batman, with a cowl covering most of his face, but I definitely can't picture him as Bruce Wayne. He looks too rugged for a billionaire playboy lol laughing

Bat Dude

Devil King
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I don't even want Frank Miller to turn his The Dark Knight Returns Graphic Novel into a film at all

Robtard
Originally posted by Devil King

Seriously? That has great potential.

SelinaAndBruce
I totally agree Bat Dude. And Keaton was really good under the cowl. His Bruce Wayne I'll admit was quirky and reclusive which I think would work better in the DKR setting of things. I would like to see it. I know it won't happen more than likely but I think it would be a nice treat for people who liked the Burton series too

SnakeEyes
Keaton as Batman in The Dark Knight Returns would be a disaster. He wasn't a good Batman in '89 and I think he'd be worse as an older Batman.

Anyway, IF they do this, I say hire an actor who hasn't played Batman before (obviously someone older). I'd be fine if they did a quality adaption of the graphic novel. If it doesn't get made however, I won't lose any sleep.

SelinaAndBruce
Keaton was great as Batman in 1989 IMO. If it wasn't for the hideous Bat rasp Bale might be my absolute favorite Batman, but Keaton still is to me.

Da Joker
I still think the voice is fantastic.

RevoWution™©®
Bale's voice might be a bit extreme for most people, but to me, it was great, as it radiated his authority as Gotham's Guardian even more.

Da Joker
I liked how he was using it to further throw people off of his identity. I only thought it sounded bad whenever he got tired.

Devil King
That Batman changed his voice when around other's who might have recognized it is a reason not to think Bale's Batman was better? Ouch.

I guess we can all look forward to Keaton being an aged Wayne in the Dark Knight Returns. What better way to piss all over this current version of the franchise?

Wolverine2006
Neither Bale or Keaton should play Batman in a TDKR movie, if it really happens theyll find someone that can play the role of a 50 year old Bruce alot better.

SelinaAndBruce
That Batman changed his voice when around other's who might have recognized it is a reason not to think Bale's Batman was better? Ouch.

I guess we can all look forward to Keaton being an aged Wayne in the Dark Knight Returns. What better way to piss all over this current version of the franchise?
Keaton's Batman had a different voice than Bruce Wayne too. It just didn't sound like two grizzly bears mating. People keep saying "O but Batman has to disguise his voice!" Well duh we all know that. That doesn't mean he has to sound EXACTLY like what Bale made him sound like. There has to be something better out there, some alternative because Bale's Bat voice is horrific and he kept running out of breath and sounding garbled. Especially at the end when the Joker was hanging upside down and he wanted to give that speech about how the city proved to him that it's ready to believe in good. I was like I wonder how the Joker doesn't die laughing listening to that distorted crap.

And an independent DKR film would not be pissing all over the current franchise

Da Joker
You are just taking that line from the article and running with it, aren't you? Of course that's what you always do.

RevoWution™©®

What's wrong with this version of the franchise?

Bat Dude

How exactly would that be "pissing all over" the current franchise?

A separate, stand alone DKR film would be fantastic... And Keaton as Batman would be a nice nod to what came before, not to mention that Keaton is able to play Batman very well... The only things people constantly complained about are his Bruce Wayne and how he was too old... Well, in DKR, Bruce is no longer a young man and no longer a playboy, so Keaton fits right in...

SelinaAndBruce
You are just taking that line from the article and running with it, aren't you? Of course that's what you always do.
I had been complaining about his voice since before the article, since the midnight showing...and since Begins laughing The article is just funny because it made me realize others noticed it and most people in general I talk to who have seen the movie that is their complaint if anything is

Da Joker
Yeah, but you're just taking the line and running with it, but that's what you always do.

SelinaAndBruce
Yeah, but you're just taking the line and running with it, but that's what you always do.
How long have you known me to know what I always do no expression

Da Joker
I'm still rootin' for Jolie as Catwoman!

Bat Dude
And I'm still rootin' for no Catwoman...

batmanfan136
i wouldn't mind a catwoman but if she's not in it i wouldn't really care and as for Michael Keaton being batman in a TDK i never really like Keaton as batman but i think that with Snyder directing it and Keaton today it could be pulled off

SnakeEyes
Michael Keaton is too small to even portray a normal Batman. He's 5'9, not very muscular, not at all authoritative, and is approaching 60 years old. Not that I'm worried they'll choose him if they even make this film, but I'm just surprised you guys think he'd make a good older, gruffer, larger Batman. He doesn't exactly radiate "badass." He makes for an awkward Bruce Wayne and a mediocre Batman.

SelinaAndBruce
He IMO was the most bad ass in the suit.

Da Joker
Eh, no he wasn't, not by a long shot. As said above me, he didn't even have the physical goods as Batman. He was good, but no where near Bale's level, that's for sure.

SelinaAndBruce
Bale doesn't even seem that big in the suit to me either though. I don't see a drastic difference myself

Bat Dude
he didn't even have the physical goods as Batman

So Batman's an Abercrombie and Fitch model now?

I didn't know that...

Did Joel Schumacher possess you guys or something?

Da Joker
Dude, Keaton wasn't in shape like Bale. Batman has never been even remotely depicted as an out of shape man or someone that short.

Bat Dude
Dude, Keaton wasn't in shape like Bale. Batman has never been even remotely depicted as an out of shape man or someone that short.

Keaton worked out for several months after getting the role...

He wasn't "out of shape", he just wasn't "athlete" shaped...

And so what if he was short? How does that affect anyone being scared of someone? Joe Pesci's character in Goodfellas was short, but he was mighty intimidating...

Da Joker
Batman is supposed to be someone tall, buff, and physically imposing. As good as he was, Keaton was none of that.

Bat Dude
Batman is supposed to be someone tall, buff, and physically imposing. As good as he was, Keaton was none of that.

Probably so, but that doesn't mean he was "out of shape" or "fat"...

SnakeEyes
Nobody said he was either of those. Da Joker simply said that he wasn't in shape like Bale. Which is a fact. And nobody at all said he was fat. He just wasn't physically suited to play the role of Batman.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Nobody said he was either of those. Da Joker simply said that he wasn't in shape like Bale. Which is a fact. And nobody at all said he was fat. He just wasn't physically suited to play the role of Batman.

Maybe not in this thread, but in lots of other threads, people have taken shots at Keaton himself (not his portrayal of Bruce Wayne or Batman, mind you, the guy himself), calling him "fat, short, balding, no good Mr. Mom", and other things of the sort (someone I know *coughMrParkercough* is very good at that)

So no, not in this thread, but in others, and it's really retarded, and I'm sick of it... Having an opinion is great, but when you take shots at the guy himself (this goes for others, too, like Clooney and Kilmer), that's when I lose it...

Da Joker
I love Keaton, the guy is awesome, but he wasn't in shape the way he should've been. Almost no one who portrayed a superhero was.

SelinaAndBruce
Keaton could have been in better shape but when Bale had his shirt off in this film for those 15 or so seconds he wasn't looking that threatening and super strong to me either confused . He actually looked bigger in Begins in that scene where he was training shirtless with the league of shadows. Looked pretty regular to me in this film. I don't find either one of them as far as size and shape that menacing the way I feel Bruce/Batman are portrayed in the comics anyway. I know football players in real life who come across more intimidating physically than the both of them.

Da Joker
Bale is in much better shape than Keaton ever has been.

http://www.bennadel.com/resources/uploads/christian_bale_in_american_psycho.jpg

In Begins he was incredibly buff, but toned down a bit so this go around he had more defintion than muscle mass, which is also cool.

http://www.socalworkout.com/wpblog/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/cin_bale.jpg

http://www.myextralife.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/christianbale-770999.jpg

SelinaAndBruce
That's the scene in Begins I was referencing. The other scene is from American Psycho. He is buff but he's not really large and intimidating either. He's in nice shape for his size, but the largest he's looked IMMO is in that Begins pic posted and like I said with his shirt off in the Dark Knight he didn't look that big strong or intimidating to me. He was a man of fairly regular stature. Keaton was obviously slimmer and a couple inches shorter though. I'm just saying neither one of them are as big and broad as I imagined Batman would be...well Bale was in scenes in Begins anyway

Da Joker
No one who portrays Batman is actually going to be as big as the comics version or animated version unless it's a roided up bodybuilder, but Bale's Batman could be taken more seriously in my view. Keaton's was awesome, but if I saw him on the street, I'd laugh. If I saw Bale I'd be like "I'm not taking on that guy." Btw, I think the main reason he was so buff in Begins and then more defined in the sequel is because he was just coming off "The Machinist" and he had to put on a lot of weight.

SelinaAndBruce
I know the Machinist is why he's bigger but honestly I wouldn't be that scared of Bale if I saw him on the street either. I've just encountered a lot bigger guys day to day than that. He's definitely in better shape though than Keaton was. He's just not IMO intimidating. I'd say he has a nice body definitely though. If I was scared of anyone physically in the Dark Knight, it would be Deebo, that prisoner on the boat, lmao

Da Joker
I wouldn't be scared of anyone dressed as a Bat, but Bale would be the guy to watch out for in a fight. We have to remember he got beat up by one of the Joker's thugs in the cathedral, and he also somewhat got beat up by Catwoman, and neither of them know the martial arts Batman is supposed to know.

Debo was funny to see, I expected him to actually press the button...

It was also cool to see Michael Jai White, just realized he was in Spawn...haven't watched that movie in a long time.

SelinaAndBruce
Batman didn't really get beat up by Catwoman she caught him off guard and freaked him out more so both times. He actually took her down but she tricked him with the whole "how could you, I'm a woman!" bit and the second time she tricked him and he hit the roof pretty hard, but I'm sure he didn't mind getting straddled by her, lol

Da Joker
Possibly, but yeah, he wasn't that good of a fighter in my eyes.

The Joker punch is still hilarious...

willofthewisp
Not that I prefer Keaton's performance to Bale's, but wouldn't it be more in Bruce Wayne's favor to NOT look very intimidating? Batman is supposed to be the intimidating one and both Keaton and Bale look pretty scary in their Bat suits. I like Bale's build in TDK, and I think there is a scene in the first Batman with Keaton where he is hanging upside down and you can see he's in pretty good shape. I would think as long as the actor looked fit, he could be a convincing Bruce Wayne.

SelinaAndBruce
I agree Willofthewisp, but people do love to rag on Keaton for not being an Adonis. He was a slimmer guy but he certainly was not out of shape.

Da Joker
I was talking about which Batman was more intimidating the whole time...not Bruce Wayne. confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.