McCain: Adopt Iraq tactics to tackle Urban Crime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

inimalist

AngryManatee
I'm officially voting McCain right nao!!!

Symmetric Chaos
Does this mean poor people are terrorists?

chithappens
Yes it does.

Bardock42
Sounds out of context. He certainly didn't suggest it in this paragraph. Maybe in connection with something that was said earlier.

AngryManatee
Originally posted by Bardock42
Sounds out of context. He certainly didn't suggest it in this paragraph. Maybe in connection with something that was said earlier.

Ahhh... you mean the jew problem.

TRH
Military State.

chithappens
Martial law was imposed in New Orleans not long after Katrina.

This isn't exactly a new idea or anything. It's happened before that also

lord xyz
How very conservative of him.

inimalist

he does straight out say he is suggesting military style clamp downs in urban areas

aside from that, yes, I agree it is likely very selectively quoted.

i haven't watched the whole thing yet, but this should be the whole thing on video, it is over an hour long

http://blogsforjohnmccain.com/john-mccain-speech-and-q-national-urban-league-full-video-8108

EDIT: update: John McCain is OMFG boring

KidRock
Oh boy, the Conspiracy Theory nuts will have a field day with this one.

"JOHN MCCAIN IS TRYIN TO SUFFOCATE OUR FREEEEEDOMSSS!!11 THIS IS 1984! MASSIVE MILITARY TAKE OVER AND MARTIAL LAW IS IMMINENT!!!!11"

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by KidRock
JOHN MCCAIN IS TRYIN TO SUFFOCATE OUR FREEEEEDOMSSS!!11 THIS IS 1984! MASSIVE MILITARY TAKE OVER AND MARTIAL LAW IS IMMINENT!!!!11

shock

inimalist
Oh boy, the Conspiracy Theory nuts will have a field day with this one.

"JOHN MCCAIN IS TRYIN TO SUFFOCATE OUR FREEEEEDOMSSS!!11 THIS IS 1984! MASSIVE MILITARY TAKE OVER AND MARTIAL LAW IS IMMINENT!!!!11"

are you saying a military style clamp down is a good thing in urban centers?

do you believe it will solve the problems of these areas?

(admittedly, McCain spends a lot of his speech talking about better schools)

KidRock
Originally posted by inimalist
are you saying a military style clamp down is a good thing in urban centers?

do you believe it will solve the problems of these areas?

(admittedly, McCain spends a lot of his speech talking about better schools)

I see nothing wrong with adding more police officers and more patrols to dangerous neighborhoods.

But people are so paranoid and afraid of the big bad government that if they hear "military style tactics in urban environments" they picture soldiers kicking in doors, putting a bag over someones head and dragging them out of their house and into a black van.

chillmeistergen
'Military style' in your mind means what, then? Just a change of uniform for the police force?

Bardock42
Originally posted by inimalist
he does straight out say he is suggesting military style clamp downs in urban areas

aside from that, yes, I agree it is likely very selectively quoted.

i haven't watched the whole thing yet, but this should be the whole thing on video, it is over an hour long

http://blogsforjohnmccain.com/john-mccain-speech-and-q-national-urban-league-full-video-8108

EDIT: update: John McCain is OMFG boring

Nah, he doesn't say that in the quoted bit. What he says is that "some of these tactics", whatever tactics he is referring to, are similar to what is used in Iraq.

I am sure the guy says a lot of stupid stuff, but selective quoting won't help anyone. I actually don't even doubt that he was probably referring to his own approach towards urban crime. But I believe that if you quote something, that quote should actually say what one claims it says.

And yeah, he is boring as hell. Which is why I am not going to watch an hour of him no expression

Schecter

he clearly suggests martial law in poor neighborhoods. the only logical conclusion being the use of national guard troops and perhaps even borders/checkpoints. because all of the worlds problems can be solved with men holding automatic rifles. screw this 'invest in the community' and 'fix public schooling' pansy bullshit. we dont want to help the n*****s we just want to keep them from walking out of the ghetto and mugging us.

chithappens
I see nothing wrong with adding more police officers and more patrols to dangerous neighborhoods.

But people are so paranoid and afraid of the big bad government that if they hear "military style tactics in urban environments" they picture soldiers kicking in doors, putting a bag over someones head and dragging them out of their house and into a black van.

The most well known "accepted" answer I can come up with comes with the slaying of the some Black Panthers in 1969:

Fred Hampton

There are plenty of examples in urban communities but this is one that is well noted everywhere for the most part.

lord xyz
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
'Military style' in your mind means what, then? Just a change of uniform for the police force? lol

Mr Parker
Originally posted by TRH
Military State.

sure is.MCcain is more than boring.He's freaking evil bastard is what he is.yeah I heard about that as well.Not at all surprising coming from MCcain.

zbucsz
how did this guy even win in the republic?

inimalist
actually, if you listen to his speech, it is not a drum banging or authoritarian one at all. If anything, at least the first part I could manage to sit through (so maybe the tone changes in the 2nd half), he sounds like a bleeding heart for the plight of the underprivileged.

Obviously McCain supports more police, its unfortunate but thats how conservatives do these days and he is trying to win an election.

The more I think about it, the more this is like the "100 years in Iraq" quote, or maybe even the "Iran supports Al Qaeda". The desire to touch the base with the rhetoric causes the truth to get all blurry and such.

Heat_Vision
If you have ever been in the military then you would know McCain is right. devil

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by zbucsz
how did this guy even win in the republic?

Well, because despite what people would have you believe he is an intelligent man who has a good idea of what he wants to do to make the US better.

I would vote for him over Obama...because all this "change" stuff reminds me of a Cheshire(sp) Cat we used to have in charge...I just have a bad feeling...in four years...we will see if I was justified though.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
Cheshire(sp) Cat we used to have in charge

Which one?

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Which one?

Mr. Blair

As much as I liked what New Labour did...the party was just...like a couch with plastic all over it!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.