Joker vs Green Goblin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Z451
Battle of the maniacs, Green Goblin has all weapons and abilities including wrist blades, Os chemical strength, gadgets, and glider.
Joker has knockout gas, gadgets, weapons, and increased insanity by the second.

Who wins in this battle of the insane maniacs?

Blax_Hydralisk
Let's see...

Movie GG can fly from one end of the city to the other in a couple of minutes, has grenades capable of instantly disintegrating people, physical strength and durability allowing him to keep up with Spiderman, missles and glaves and other assorted gadgets, and is really smart, and is psychotic.

Movie Joker has... an assortment of knives, a potato peeler, lint, a pencil, and whatever small arms fire he can conceal. He can hi-jack someones car (maybe) and run on foot. He's also psychotic and smart, but has far less resources to work with, and doesn't have the luxury of fighting a super being who cares about the various people he uses as human shields and distractions.

How is Joker going to win this again?

Green Goblin wins this easily, 10/10 times.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/blaxican_templar/lg_1568342611445546d412fae.jpg

Darth Martin
Ledger's Joker hits Movie Goblin with one of his schoolbuses.

Dark-Jaxx
Joker wins. 131

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Ledger's Joker hits Movie Goblin with one of his schoolbuses.

He can fly. no expression

I know it was a joke, but... geeze.

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/blaxican_templar/lg_1568342611445546d412fae.jpg

demoneyeslaharl
Movie Joker and movie Goblin?

Goblin... easily when in confrontation... but there is a possibility Joker to win if he has prep time.

Goblin 8/10

Prep time, Joker, 7/10.

Blax_Hydralisk
Joker isn't winning even with prep time. At the most, he'll get one or two wins.

If they both get prep time, GG wins 10/10 times.

Dark-Jaxx
GG would win with prep time due to he has far more resources at his disposal.

demoneyeslaharl
Joker isn't winning even with prep time. At the most, he'll get one or two wins.

If they both get prep time, GG wins 10/10 times.

I learned to never underestimate Joker when you give him time with his hands. The only thing that will challenge him in this fight is obviously the glider, but this Joker has gadgets at his disposal (which could mean a lot of things except probably the Joker Venom, which wasn't present on the film).

Still stand on my decision, unless the original poster would specify what gadgets the Joker would use. There is a limit how much ingenuity one man can use on a limited inventory.

Edit: Oh... just saw what was on Gobby's list. No way Joker's gonna win this one without a miracle... or the comic-verse resources.

Blax_Hydralisk
Joker has gadgets. Nice. Green Goblin has gadgets that can level a room and instantly disintegrate people? The fact is that the Green Goblin can and will kill the Joker in one shot. Joker can not do that. Joker is a prep god. Green Goblin is no slouch at prep fights either. So what we have here is two geniuses fighting each other. What's the only difference? Green Goblin has machines and tech that can instantly annihilate anything the Joker throws at him.

demoneyeslaharl
Joker has gadgets. Nice. Green Goblin has gadgets that can level a room and instantly disintegrate people?

While my post above yours will state my mistake on this whole fight, I want to say the Joker in TDK had the same thing... a fuse, and barrels of gas. stick out tongue laughing stick out tongue

GG for this thread. 10/10, unless Joker gets his stuff to the comics, which isn't in this case.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by demoneyeslaharl
I learned to never underestimate Joker when you give him time with his hands.

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.

Robtard
Hahahaahahahaaa, I have to admit, TDK has entertained me more out of the theatre than it did in.

Scythe
Sigh, Osborne wins... Where's the thought in all of these threads?

ragesRemorse
green goblin can fly and has superhuman resilience and strength.

Placidity
Not to mention the level of durability the serum gives.

Harry survived a grenade to the face, which would generally blow a normal human's head off. He heals rather quickly aswell.

Abit BS how the Goblins died to stab wounds given Harry survived what I would consider a much more traumatic event.

The blades Norman was impaled with were much larger though, so thats perhaps more acceptable.

Anyway...

Joker eats one of Norman's pumpkin bombs. Green Goblin flies away laughing maniacally.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Placidity

Harry survived a grenade to the face, which would generally blow a normal human's head off. He heals rather quickly aswell.

Abit BS how the Goblins died to stab wounds given Harry survived what I would consider a much more traumatic event.

The blades Norman was impaled with were much larger though, so thats perhaps more acceptable.

Anyway...

Joker eats one of Norman's pumpkin bombs. Green Goblin flies away laughing maniacally. Well blade damage is different to explosive damage, and the blades probably went through a fatal organ.

GG still wins though.

Impediment
Originally posted by Z451
Battle of the maniacs, Green Goblin has all weapons and abilities including wrist blades, Os chemical strength, gadgets, and glider.

Which Joker are we discussing here? Nicholson's Joker or Ledger's Joker? Nicholson had gadgets, goofy weapons, and knockout/Smilex gas. Ledger just had knives, guns, and bombs.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Placidity

I agree completely but backwards. I think it's Bullshit terrible writing to have HArry survive such blatantly violent and traumatic explosion.

I know Joker fell into a pool of acid, so that takes some strong constitution, but surviving a face full of bomb is pretty badass too. If Goblin didnt have super strength and a hover board, i think Joker's intelligence would win.

Da Joker
Joker wins 8/10, with or without prep.

Blax_Hydralisk
For the love of god...

Jesus, why have you forsaken this forum?

demoneyeslaharl
For the love of god...

Jesus, why have you forsaken this forum?

laughing

stick out tongue Don't look at me... I said Gobby for this thread. laughing

Da Joker
Movie Joker is smarter than movie Goblin, that shouldn't even be disputed.

Robtard
Osborn is also a genius in his own right.

Goblin is faster, stronger, can take shit-loads of damage and has seriously powerful weapons. Joker's knives and guns are no match. So stop being a silly little TDK clown.

Da Joker
Originally posted by Robtard
Osborn is also a genius in his own right.

Goblin is faster, stronger, can take shit-loads of damage and has seriously powerful weapons. Joker's knives and guns are no match. So stop being a silly little TDK clown.

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg185/JMoney140/JokerClapping-1.jpg

Figured this would suffice. Found it and thought it was pretty awesome. cool

Robtard
Originally posted by Da Joker
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg185/JMoney140/JokerClapping-1.jpg?t=1218092927

Figured this would suffice. Found it and thought it was pretty awesome. cool

Do point out which part of my post was dumb? Because it was all verifiable.

Da Joker
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg185/JMoney140/joker_avatar7.gif

Robtard
Like I thought, you resort to being even more of a moron.

Tell me, does it physically hurt being that stupid?

Da Joker
Like I thought, you resort to being even more of a moron.

Tell me, does it physically hurt being that stupid?

Sometimes, but when it does guess what time it is....JELLO TIME!

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg185/JMoney140/avatar19414_5.gif

Robtard
"Dumb ass" is also two words, next time you try your skills at editing a picture in MS paint, remember that, TWO words.

Da Joker
I love messing with you because you think you're so much smarter than all of the rest. I think you and I....are destined to do this forever.

Robtard
Unfortunately for you, I'm not, you're just a complete idiot that you make the rest of us average people appear really smart. Lovely attempt at a "strawman", too bad you're not smart enough to pull it off.

Tell me, what will you do once the TDK glamour dies down and another movie which you can idolize hasn't come out yet? You had it easy riding The Hulk until TDK came out, but what if there isn't anything next soon enough.

Edit: But hey, feel free to try and pick apart what I said about the Goblin, that at least would be on topic.

Da Joker
Dude, I'm not an idiot, you may think so, but I do all of this to be annoying, which apparently succeeds since your posts show you're agitated.

Also, I'm not a TDK fanboy, I happen to think he'd beat the movie Green Goblin if he had the right materials. Of course he's not gonna win a brawl but he is smarter as far as planning goes. And as for all this movie hype, I was never a part of the hype before the movie came out, and I'm still not one of the fanboys. I think the movie is the best superhero movie out there, but just like I didn't spam forums with Iron Man or the Hulk, I'm not with TDK, so just chill and stop being so uptight. You've always been like this, man, go with the flow, roll with the punches, stop trying to be so smart.

Robtard
No, you clearly are; I'm not the only person who has told you this, as you prove your idiocy in every post/thread (above being no exception). Kudos for admitting your nothing more than trolling child though, didn't think you had it in you. If it makes you feel better thinking you know my emotional state, have at it.

Hahahahaaa, goon. The junkies are the ones who always adamantly state they're not addicted.

Da Joker
Hey, if you have to insult me in every post, what does that make you? Childish? Yeah, I know. And the people who have supposedly said I'm an idiot are probably the same people with no lives, jobs, and live with their mom.

Have a good life, I know I will. smile

Oh & you should replace that o with an e, that name will suit you just fine.

Robtard
So the confessed troll is calling others childish, funny. Your "I know you are, but what am I" retort was hilariously stupid. Hey, you do the best you can.

Another brilliant remark and original.

Placidity
Just let the TDK fans have their Joker moment...

They will play with it for awhile, then just like a shiny toy that loses its lustre, they will forget it as swiftly as it came.

Scythe
Movie Joker is smarter than movie Goblin, that shouldn't even be disputed.

How can that be possible when Osborne has an entire corperation he built from the ground up? He needs to have the strength to tangle with Spider-Man and can destroy from a distance. Osborne is a bookworm who's intellectual achievement are enough to raise Peter Parker's interest and create everything he has. The Joker is just a clever man, too clever for his own kind, but he's no supervillain.

We also forget that Osborne, after death, became a psychosis. He practically lives in Norman's mind, so that alone should be enough to say 'oh shit'

Strangelove
If the fight is spread over a couple of days, I would actually give it to the Joker. In The Dark Knight, given just a few days, Joker outsmarted Batman and all his gadgets; he leaves absolutely nothing to chance.

But in a simple mano-a-mano, GG's firepower for the win.

Scythe
Originally posted by Z451

The first post doesn't mention anything about prep time, although some here think it could decide the battle, since it wasn't stated, I think it's safe to say there is no prep time. Full on confrontation.

Strangelove
Find where I said "prep time" and maybe I'll admit you have a point.

But I didn't. I said if the fight lasted for more than a day, which it conceivably could, given the Joker's craftiness.

Scythe
Originally posted by Strangelove

But I didn't. I said if the fight lasted for more than a day, which it conceivably could, given the Joker's craftiness.

No no, I wasn't referring to your post at all, I was looking at other posts that mention Joker, with prep time can defeat Norman.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Strangelove

Irregardless, you're incorrect. Even if the battle were to stretch over days (Which it wouldn't), the Joker would die.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Scythe
How can that be possible when Osborne has an entire corperation he built from the ground up? He needs to have the strength to tangle with Spider-Man and can destroy from a distance. Osborne is a bookworm who's intellectual achievement are enough to raise Peter Parker's interest and create everything he has. The Joker is just a clever man, too clever for his own kind, but he's no supervillain.

We also forget that Osborne, after death, became a psychosis. He practically lives in Norman's mind, so that alone should be enough to say 'oh shit' You do realise Norman is also the guy who made a glider impale him by having it fly right at him? He's not a very good planner.

Joker is a far better schemer and planner than Norman.

Scythe
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
You do realise Norman is also the guy who made a glider impale him by having it fly right at him? He's not a very good planner.

Joker is a far better schemer and planner than Norman.

Yeah. but it was Spider-Man though. Spidey knew it was gunning toward him cuz he's got spider sense. Joker doesn't.

Mairuzu
One of the most 1 sided vs threads ive seen

I mean, TDK Joker was amazing, im a fan of how clever he was but come on..

this is dumb

Toku King
Green Goblin wins. Joker played chicken and dare with his foes. That screws him over against a psycho like Norman.
And besides, Joker doesn't have missiles, enhanced everything, and disintegration bombs.

Dark-Jaxx
Yeah. but it was Spider-Man though. Spidey knew it was gunning toward him cuz he's got spider sense. Joker doesn't. That doesn't change the fact that Norman was a complete idiot for doing it.

Bardock42
Hahahahahaha, Goblin 10 out of 10.

Prime#
The only way Joker wins, is if he has prep and just blows up the entire batllefield the min. Goblin arrives

Impediment
Goblin has superhuman strength, weapons, and a glider.

Joker has his insanity.

GG wins, very. Very. Easily.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Impediment
Goblin has superhuman strength, weapons, and a glider.

Joker has his insanity.

GG wins, very. Very. Easily. Goblin has his insanity too.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Impediment
Which Joker are we discussing here? Nicholson's Joker or Ledger's Joker? Nicholson had gadgets, goofy weapons, and knockout/Smilex gas. Ledger just had knives, guns, and bombs.

Nicholson's Joker shot down the batwing....I can't see him missed on GG with his glide.

Ledger's Joker is a master mind criminal. I don't think he would take GG H2H. Most likely he would make plans for an attack.

Robtard
Why must it be "if he has time, blah, blah, balh", when it isn't stated in the thread, it's a fight, they have what they have and that's it.

Dark-Jaxx
Even if both get prep, Joker does not have the resources GG has.

Robtard
Obviously, but I feel the "Joker pwns all" crowd wouldn't consider prep to be on both sides, you know, bias.

Dark-Jaxx
Obviously, but I feel the "Joker pwns all" crowd wouldn't consider prep to be on both sides, you know, bias. Heh, yeah.

Joker would need to have one sided prep to even have a chance in this fight.

Impediment
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Nicholson's Joker shot down the batwing....I can't see him missed on GG with his glide.

Ledger's Joker is a master mind criminal. I don't think he would take GG H2H. Most likely he would make plans for an attack.

Granted, Nicholson's Joker shot down the Bat-Wing. He has some cool toys.

Ledger's Joker has none of that, and is, in my opinion, even more dangerous.

GG's super strength, however, is a major factor here. I mean, Norman took on Web-Head FFS. He can definitely hold his own.

Strangelove
Irregardless, you're incorrect. Even if the battle were to stretch over days (Which it wouldn't), the Joker would die. I'm not saying GG doesn't have a clear edge, but it's not a sure thing. Joker pulled off some spectacular feats in The Dark Knight with limited resources.

Da Joker
With prep, the Joker is much more dangerous than just when a fight spawns out of nowhere. I'm sure that if he needed to, he could get the necessary resources. Goblin would win any fight that has to do with physicality, but it wouldn't be so one sided with prep involved.

Scythe
With prep, the Joker is much more dangerous than just when a fight spawns out of nowhere. I'm sure that if he needed to, he could get the necessary resources. Goblin would win any fight that has to do with physicality, but it wouldn't be so one sided with prep involved.

But....Joker doesn't have prep time. It's spur of the moment, no holds barred fighting.

Rogue Jedi
Forgive me, I havent seen TDK yet, but how is the Joker gonna contend with Gobby on his flying thing? Sled is it called? laughing out loud

Scythe
Joker was great in TDK, but he just can't defeat Osborne at all. Especially since he wasn't given any prep time at all.

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
on his flying thing? Sled is it called? laughing out loud

Sled? Wtf?

Rogue Jedi
Joker was great in TDK, but he just can't defeat Osborne at all. Especially since he wasn't given any prep time at all.

Sled? Wtf? Thats why I included the smily, his flying jet thing.

Blax_Hydralisk
Glider.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Forgive me, I havent seen TDK yet, but how is the Joker gonna contend with Gobby on his flying thing? Sled is it called? laughing out loud Without one sided prep he can't contend with GG.

Da Joker
Prep doesn't have to be one sided for him to win if he gets prep. But if it's spur of the moment, he's going to lose more than he's gonna win. Although, for the Joker in TDK that'd be a win for him because he's borderline suicidal.

Rogue Jedi
Glider. big grin

Da Joker
http://www.kingroom.com/movies/2007/spiderman/GreenGoblinMovie.jpg

Uhh....go go Power Rangers?

Blax_Hydralisk
http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/joker-2.jpg

Go go Michael Jackson?

Da Joker
??????????????

So many questions!

Ahsoka Tano
??????????????

So many questions!

Were you asleep during the GG rape?

Da Joker
Probably so...

Scythe
Although, for the Joker in TDK that'd be a win for him because he's borderline suicidal.

No, it's a loss. Ledger's Joker never showed signs of being suicidal. He gambled and bluffed for Batman to kill him, cuz he knew he wouldn't. That's not being suicidal, that's taking a chance he was already sure of. Watch the scene again where he almost falls to his death, he seems scared, since he covered it up with laughter.

Da Joker
Dude, he wasn't scared. The guy didn't care if he died or not, that was how he'd obtain ultimate victory, through death. He was never scared of dying, never, and you're the first person I've heard say he was. Afterall, if he was would he have been so willing to let himself be beaten up in the interrogation room?

Scythe
Dude, he wasn't scared. The guy didn't care if he died or not, that was how he'd obtain ultimate victory, through death. He was never scared of dying, never, and you're the first person I've heard say he was. Afterall, if he was would he have been so willing to let himself be beaten up in the interrogation room?

It's all a matter of view then, but to say "Joker wins because Osborne kills him and that's what he wanted" sounds rather odd.

Placidity
Afterall, if he was would he have been so willing to let himself be beaten up in the interrogation room?

Don't disagree with that you said, but he was taunting the guard so he would get an opportunity to escape, which he did.

Da Joker
It's all a matter of view then, but to say "Joker wins because Osborne kills him and that's what he wanted" sounds rather odd.

No, I said in his eyes he'd win...he's a weird person, he wanted either Batman or Harvey to kill him because he felt they were worthy.

And I wasn't referring to the guard who got his ass beat, I was referring to Batman. The Joker could've gotten in some hits if he wanted to during the interrogation scene, but was egging on Batman.

Scythe
No, I said in his eyes he'd win...he's a weird person, he wanted either Batman or Harvey to kill him because he felt they were worthy.

And I wasn't referring to the guard who got his ass beat, I was referring to Batman. The Joker could've gotten in some hits if he wanted to during the interrogation scene, but was egging on Batman.

Doesn't seem logical though. Joker has never been suicidal. Seems like an overanalyzed factor in play. Just because he knocked on temptation's door, doesn't mean he wanted to die, he was just bluffing and he knew they wouldn't "kill" him.

People seem to look too much into Ledger's Joker imo.

Da Joker
Eh, no, he didn't care about dying, he simply didn't care. Anyone will tell you this. He was not afraid of death. If he were, he'd have been more cowardly like Nicholson's Joker.

Scythe
Eh, no, he didn't care about dying, he simply didn't care. Anyone will tell you this. He was not afraid of death. If he were, he'd have been more cowardly like Nicholson's Joker.

That seems to be your perspective though. Clearly everyone who's seen the movie will agree he wasn't suicidal.

Da Joker
Maybe not suicidal, but you can't simply deny that he wasn't afraid of death. He wanted Batman to kill him because he'd gain the ultimate victory.

Scythe
Maybe not suicidal, but you can't simply deny that he wasn't afraid of death. He wanted Batman to kill him because he'd gain the ultimate victory.

Who's to say that's what he wanted. How do we know he was just testing Batman and ultimately fearing for his life beneath it all. Open-ended question, now back on topic.

Da Joker
If he was fearing for his life, why test him at all? Your logic behind him being a coward inside is really odd.

Scythe
If he was fearing for his life, why test him at all? Your logic behind him being a coward inside is really odd.

It's Batman, you can be sure he won't kill you, it's his only moral code. I'm not saying he was a coward, I'm saying he wasn't suicidal.

Da Joker
I know, but he wasn't afraid of death either, and he showed it many times. In any case, the guy was very intelligent.

Scythe
Intelligence was his only factor in this equation. He wanted to outsmart Batman, now back on topic, please...

Da Joker
And he did just that by winning.

What's there to say? This Joker doesn't have a large chance of winning without prep.

Dark-Jaxx
Who's to say that's what he wanted. How do we know he was just testing Batman and ultimately fearing for his life beneath it all. Open-ended question, now back on topic. He was laughing hysterically when he was about to fall to his death.

Rogue Jedi
He was laughing because he was a crazy fvck. He wasnt suicidal, he just didnt give a shit.

Da Joker
He was laughing hysterically when he was about to fall to his death.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was saying. He actually thought Batman was going to let him die and was laughing as he wasn't scared. I liked that this Joker wasn't scared to die at all.

Bardock42
He didn't want to die. He wanted Batman to kill him. That's quite a difference.

How can you people so blatantly misunderstand movies.

Placidity
Edit.

WrathfulDwarf
That seems to be your perspective though. Clearly everyone who's seen the movie will agree he wasn't suicidal.

Well, not really....

When he walk into the bosses meeting his coat was full of grenades and explosives...so that would make him be consider a suicidal bomber.

Impediment
Originally posted by Bardock42

How can you people so blatantly misunderstand movies.

In my opinion, the Joker was just doing what he did to despair people. He didn't care of the outcome, since he is so psychotic. He laughed like an idiot when he fell from the roof because....well, because he's the Joker. He did what he did because he wanted Batman to intervene since, as Joker put it, Batman is so much fun. I doubt that Joker cared whether he lived or died.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Bardock42

How can you people so blatantly misunderstand movies. I never said he wanted to die. Only that he did not fear death.

Da Joker
And you are correct.

Scythe
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Well, not really....

When he walk into the bosses meeting his coat was full of grenades and explosives...so that would make him be consider a suicidal bomber.

Well yeah, but I saw that as a bluff. Joker enters phases of plans feeling assured, he thought that all those mobsters would value their lives and put all those grenades in his coat. For all we know, they could've been fake, since he does that at times, but I respect your view on that, I just saw him throughout the entire time as either taking a good chance he was already sure of, or massively bluffing. You could see how he almost knew things were gonna fall into place when his expression changed after the boats didn't explode.

Da Joker
He wasn't bluffing, he was ****ing nuts and didn't care if he was going to die.

Bardock42
I never said he wanted to die. Only that he did not fear death.

Well, he did want to die though....in one specific way, killed by Batman. That was the whole point. We don't actually know whether he feared a pointless death by some random police officer shooting him (personally I even doubt it, but there's nothing in the movie to indicate it). Your "he did not fear death" only applies to being killed by Batman, who does not kill. It doesn't apply to anyone else as far as we know.

Master Crimzon
Lol @ at this thread.

How could the Green Goblin possibly stand a chance against the Joker? stick out tongue

Seriously, though. The Joker is just an insane, brilliant human. Green Goblin is superhuman, and has access to superior, high-tech weapons as well as his own considerable wealth. Joker dies, but I'd say he should be able to scrap GG's armor... lolz.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.