Robert Downey Jr's Tony/Iron Man or Christian Bale's Bruce/Batman?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Accel
Which actor gave the better performance regarding both of their respective roles in Iron Man and The Dark Knight?

ragesRemorse
who cares?

They both did a great job with the material they had to work with.

Accel
Thank you for that totally useless response.

Ha-Son
Christian Bale, imo.

Accel
I was leaning more towards Downey myself.

As much as I liked Bale's performance, It felt like Downey fit more into Tony Stark's persona than Bale did with Bruce Wayne. Mostly though, I'd say it's Bale's rather poor Batman voice that really keeps me from giving him the nod here.

Bouboumaster
I go with Robert Downey Jr too.

The two movies were good (TDK was ****in' hella good, in fact, and ownz anything this far for this year) but if we compare the playing of both actors, I think that Robert were a better Tony Stark that Bale were a Batman.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
who cares?

They both did a great job with the material they had to work with.

Kento
Robert Downey Jr imo. Not that Bale was bad I just think Stark was better.

Blax_Hydralisk
Downey played a better Tony Stark then Bale played Batman. Bruce Wayne specifically.

fangirl101
Bale's Batman voice seemed like he had to spit all of the time. It was sooo irksome.

shksprtx
Originally posted by Accel
Which actor gave the better performance regarding both of their respective roles in Iron Man and The Dark Knight?

I loved both performances, although Bale did get a little bit outshined by Ledger's Joker...talk about creepy...

OB1-adobe
Thank you for that totally useless response.

Well its kind of a useless question

ScarletSpeed
Downey Jnr did a better job as Tony Stark than Bale done as Bruce.

Symmetric Chaos
Downey did a brilliant portrayal Stark and IM where as Bale didn't really sell me on Batman, though I liked the way he plays Wayne.

BruceSkywalker
Bale was so great as both Wayne and as Batman. Same with Downey, jr, he was great as Stark and as Iron Man

Scoobless
Originally posted by fangirl101
Bale's Batman voice seemed like he had to spit all of the time. It was sooo irksome.

I started laughing in the cinema when Batman was doing the "scary" voice to try to intimidate Joker.

SpaceMonkey
Downey wins easily.

Dark-Jaxx
Downey Jr.

Bale was good at everything...Except the Goddamn voice.

Da Joker
Both were great but the characters were so drastically different so I don't see the comparison. Maybe a Routh & Bale comparison but not Downey and Bale. In any case, both were spectacular and but I'm leaning towards Bale.

celestialdemon
Downey Jr portrayed Stark better than Bale portrayed Wayne.

Darth Martin
Bale played Wayne fine. It's just that Tony Stark is a generally cooler character. And Downey Jr. did a wonderful job. Bale's voice got wierd at the end but I thought they both did well.

Ledger's Joker pwns both though. evil face

Da Joker
True dat.

Harbinger
Downey as Iron Man was better, IMO.

Accel
Originally posted by Scoobless
I started laughing in the cinema when Batman was doing the "scary" voice to try to intimidate Joker.
w2yv8aT0UFc

Bardamu

Blax_Hydralisk
That and the fact that you could essentially use any young white guy with some decent acting talent to play as Bruce Wayne and it would have been fine. Not the same with Tony Stark, though, least it's all in my opinion.

fredstawill
downey jr stark 10/10
bale wayne 9/10

Zack Fair
The godamned voice...

Master Crimzon
They're two very different characters. While I may like Batman better, Robert Downey was, IMO, superior to Bale. Unlike in most superhero movies, the character of Tony Stark was the best thing thing about Iron Man.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Downey Jr.

Bale was good at everything...Except the Goddamn voice.

what is so wrong with the voice? It's apart of his disguise and persona.

srankmissingnin
Downey has the advatage of good (well... perfect actually) casting in his favour. He not only acts like Stark but he is the spitting image of Stark also. Bale on the other hand doesn't like a thing like Bruce Wayne, he is too thin and his features are to angular. Bale is such a great actor that you could give him any role and he is going to do a terrific job... but he really wasn't fit to be Batman.

When I watch Iron Man, I don't even think about it Downey as Stark because Downey owns the role perfectly; but when I watch Batman I'm constantly thinking "Bruce Wayne doesn't look like that."

Acrosurge
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
what is so wrong with the voice? It's apart of his disguise and persona. True, but while his "Batman" voice didn't really bother me, Bale is no Kevin Conroy.

I've got to jump on the Robert Downey Jr bandwagon. The guy was golden as Tony Stark and almost single-handedly carried Iron Man.

The Illuminati
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
Downey wins easily.

yes

Bardock42
I'd almost say RDJ actually, he was pretty perfect as Stark. I prefer the Batman movies, and the character, but RDJ was just totally suited for the role.

I also think Bale was awesome though.

Alpha Centauri
Downey Jr. has actually lived that life, that's what people don't necessarily know.

He knows precisely what it's like to have the world at your finger tips, indulge all the perks and as a result, sink too far in and encounter bad areas. He's been there and done it.

They basically hired an ex-womanising, alcohol abusing, famous playboy to play a womanising, alcohol abusing, famous playboy. That said, he's a good actor and brought a lot more to it than that. Not only was it a great movie, action wise, but the romance wasn't REALLY there, and it was genuinely funny.

Overall, it still felt like a very, very good superhero film. Like The Incredible Hulk, whereas The Dark Knight felt like it extended beyond the genre.

-AC

Icy Ninja
Robert Downey Jr
I could watch a movie about Tony Stark he wouldn't even have to become Iron Man but TDK was the better movie

Bardock42
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Downey Jr. has actually lived that life, that's what people don't necessarily know.

He knows precisely what it's like to have the world at your finger tips, indulge all the perks and as a result, sink too far in and encounter bad areas. He's been there and done it.

They basically hired an ex-womanising, alcohol abusing, famous playboy to play a womanising, alcohol abusing, famous playboy. That said, he's a good actor and brought a lot more to it than that. Not only was it a great movie, action wise, but the romance wasn't REALLY there, and it was genuinely funny.

Overall, it still felt like a very, very good superhero film. Like The Incredible Hulk, whereas The Dark Knight felt like it extended beyond the genre.

-AC

Yeah, I agree with that.

I-Drop
w2yv8aT0UFc laughing out loud Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Downey did a brilliant portrayal Stark and IM where as Bale didn't really sell me on Batman, though I liked the way he plays Wayne. Ditto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.