Sandman vs. Green Goblin(Norman)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark-Jaxx
Alright, this is a fight between Green Goblin of Spiderman 1 vs. Sandman from Spiderman 3.

Green Goblin gets all his standard tech for this fight.

It goes without saying that in a H2H fight Sandman would win more times than not, but can Green Goblin with his tech pull the win?

This fight has two rounds.

Round 1: Green Goblin vs. Sandman(base) in the streets of New York, basically where Spiderman first fought Sandman.

Round 2: Green Goblin vs. Giant Sandman in the sand yard at the end of Spiderman 3.

Who wins?

Blax_Hydralisk
hm... I'd say Sandman because there really isn't anything that Green Goblin can do to put him down indefintiely. There is no water around, and he doesn't have a big vacuum cleaner (Damn gay Spiderman comics).

Norman Goblin doesn't have the flamethrower add-on, so he can't glassify him. I suppose he might be able to just vaporize him with one of those flash-vaporize grenadas, but that's a stretch.

*shrug* Sandman wins both scenarios more often then not.

Dark-Jaxx
I think that some of GG's bombs could glassify Sandman if they hit him, but he would have to glassify him completely to work, cause Sandman if my memory is right could change the glass back to sand in the movie.

The chances are better for GG in the first round due to him being smaller, but I doubt GG can glassify Giant Sandman.

demoneyeslaharl
This fight depends on two factors...

The presence of water

And how many weapons does Gobby have on him during the fight.

If GG has a alrge amount of weapons that can either 'glassify' him as both of you had put nicely, then the first fight may go to him.

But the second... Sandman... Unless Gobby has enough bombs to nuke 3 city bloks. confused

Dark-Jaxx
GG has what he normally has on him.

demoneyeslaharl
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
GG has what he normally has on him.

Alright... these are the odds I'll put in the assumption that there is no large body of water to exploit.

Fight 1: Gobby, 7/10

Fight 2: Sandman, 10/10

Placidity
Norman's pumpkin bombs were insane. I'm betting they would harm Sandman.

I mean even Harry's concussion grenades brought Sandman down, if only for a little while.

Also, Spiderman was able to go H2H with Sandman (base form) in the subway (where Sandman had access to additional sand) and he was winning even before the water came into play.

Fight 1: GG has Spiderman-level strength, and while not having his agility and speed, his deadly arsenal more than compensates.
In addition, with his glider (range), Sandman has no way of attacking him.

GG 10/10

Fight 2: The major problem here is that no matter what GG does, most likely Sandman will recover from.
However, I definately see GG out-manoveuring Sandman with his glider. Sandman in his giant form is really slow and will have a big problem tagging GG at all (if GG maintains a good distance, Sandman wouldn't even have a chance of touching GG).

Meanwhile, GG will be unleashing whatever he has on Sandman (missles and pumpkin bombs) , which may or may not be able to put him down for the count.

GG 5/10.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Placidity
Norman's pumpkin bombs were insane. I'm betting they would harm Sandman.

I mean even Harry's concussion grenades brought Sandman down, if only for a little while.

Also, Spiderman was able to go H2H with Sandman (base form) in the subway (where Sandman had access to additional sand) and he was winning even before the water came into play.

Fight 1: GG has Spiderman-level strength, and while not having his agility and speed, his deadly arsenal more than compensates.
In addition, with his glider (range), Sandman has no way of attacking him.

GG 10/10

Fight 2: The major problem here is that no matter what GG does, most likely Sandman will recover from.
However, I definately see GG out-manoveuring Sandman with his glider. Sandman in his giant form is really slow and will have a big problem tagging GG at all (if GG maintains a good distance, Sandman wouldn't even have a chance of touching GG).

Meanwhile, GG will be unleashing whatever he has on Sandman (missles and pumpkin bombs) , which may or may not be able to put him down for the count.

GG 5/10. No, Symbiote Spiderman was fighting Sandman, and Sandman was still physically stronger and more durable, but not faster. Sandman also was physically stronger than Venom. Sandman is stronger than GG.

Sandman can also fly if you remember. GG does not have Symbiote Spidey strength, nor does he have Sandman strength.

I doubt GG can put down Giant Sandman but that is just me.

Blax_Hydralisk
Sandman can fly but I'm not sure if he can fly as fast and as maneuverable as GG can, plus he flies by turning himself into a billowy cloud light enough to float. A cloud like that wouldn't be able to hurt GG.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Sandman can fly but I'm not sure if he can fly as fast and as maneuverable as GG can, plus he flies by turning himself into a billowy cloud light enough to float. A cloud like that wouldn't be able to hurt GG. If he solidifies himself and rams him he can.

Blax_Hydralisk
If he solidifies himself he'll no longer be light enough to fly and he'll drop to the ground. no expression

Hence the point of turning himself int a billowy cloud in order to fly. no expression

Dark-Jaxx
If he solidifies himself he'll no longer be light enough to fly and he'll drop to the ground. no expression

Hence the point of turning himself int a billowy cloud in order to fly. no expression Indeed. mmm

Wasn't Sandman knocking over cars in that form? I might be wrong but I think he did...

Blax_Hydralisk
I don't know. I can't remember anymore.

Toku King
Green Goblin wins. It's Harry's strategy all over again.

Blax_Hydralisk
Harry's Strategy didn't work.

Toku King
Harry's Strategy didn't work.

So that's why Sandman was broken down. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Toku King
Originally posted by demoneyeslaharl
Alright... these are the odds I'll put in the assumption that there is no large body of water to exploit.

Fight 1: Gobby, 7/10

Fight 2: Sandman, 10/10

It took two missiles and one bomb to beat Sandman in the sand yard. GG has that.

Fight 2 goes to Norman just as well.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Toku King
So that's why Sandman was broken down. roll eyes (sarcastic)

That's why Sandman came back ten minutes later bigger and stronger then before. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Placidity
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
No, Symbiote Spiderman was fighting Sandman, and Sandman was still physically stronger and more durable, but not faster. Sandman also was physically stronger than Venom. Sandman is stronger than GG.

Sandman can also fly if you remember. GG does not have Symbiote Spidey strength, nor does he have Sandman strength.

I doubt GG can put down Giant Sandman but that is just me.

Ha thats true, I forgot about the symbiote for a second.

But I don't understand why you think Sandman in his normal form is stronger than Spidey or Venom. Theres no real evidence of that, unless I forgot something again.

When Spidey was fighting Sandman in the subway I think he punched a chunk of his head off, but there was sand nearby, so he regenerated quickly, and thus allowed him to continue the fight making him seem more durable. But what would've happened if there wasn't sand lying around? I'm not sure...

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Placidity
Ha thats true, I forgot about the symbiote for a second.

But I don't understand why you think Sandman in his normal form is stronger than Spidey or Venom. Theres no real evidence of that, unless I forgot something again.

When Spidey was fighting Sandman in the subway I think he punched a chunk of his head off, but there was sand nearby, so he regenerated quickly, and thus allowed him to continue the fight making him seem more durable. But what would've happened if there wasn't sand lying around? I'm not sure... 1. Well he easily knocked Venom back, and remember when he first fought Spidey? He sent him through the side of an armored car with a single punch.

2. No, what happened was Spidey pushed SM's head into a moving train, knocking half his head off.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.