Image United

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SevenShackles
http://newsarama.com/comics/080725-comiccon-image-united.html

http://i.newsarama.com/images/Image_United.jpg

As announced at San Diego Comic-Con on Friday, the Image United mini-series that debuts next year will be created by six of the artists who founded the publishing company 16 years ago -- Marc Silvestri, Erik Larsen, Jim Valentino, Rob Liefeld, Whilce Portacio, and Todd McFarlane -- along with the newest Image partner, writer Robert Kirkman. But what is really different about this jam session is that each artist will draw the characters he created -- sometimes meaning one scene of the series will have six artists working on it.

sounds rather promising! anybody else looking forward to this?
what do you think of it? know any more bout it than this?

Takion
I have a feeling this is going to Eff up Spawn badly. However, if this is like Avengers, Im all for it.

Scoobless
Different artists drawing the same scene? that'll end up looking like one characters been photoshopped into another's comic. And Leifeld is involved so it'll be all grit teeth and deformed bodies.

DigiMark007
It'll also take forever. Sometimes one artist can't pump out a comic in less than half a year.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by DigiMark007
It'll also take forever. Sometimes one artist can't pump out a comic in less than half a year.

Cough cough Jim cough cough....

Scoobless
If Kirkman is involved why isn't Invincible featured on the above artwork?

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Scoobless
If Kirkman is involved why isn't Invincible featured on the above artwork?

Kirkman is writing the comic, but its staring characters from the original founders, because in the preview art there is no Wetworks, but Portacios new character aswell as Witchblade, not Silvestris launch title.

in the artical they comment on how long it would take. they seem to believe they can pull it off so im hoping it happens with little delay. smokin'

i think as long as the story plays out right it can be a great comic. if it clutters it dies.

Scoobless
I thought Witchblade was a Topcow character .... ???

Symmetric Chaos

She is. Image has no intellectual property at all (except for the name and such I assume), it exists only as a publishing house that studios submit work through.

manjaro
i honestly cant tell the last time i took savage dragon seriously...or any of the aove pictured for that matter
Invincible
Brit
the Nobles
D-5
are the only image titles that i care about....i suspect that this endeavor will an ultimate fail

SevenShackles

"The creators said the main players in the series will be Cyberforce, Witchblade, Youngblood, Whilce Portacio's new character Fortress, Savage Dragon, Spawn, and ShadowHawk. "But this will be the whole Image Universe," Kirkman explained, "so you'll be seeing Erik Larsen's side characters, some more of Rob's guys, a bunch of the villains from Spawn will be showing up, probably Darkness and whatnot will be showing up, so it will be a lot of stuff."

seems even darkness might even pop up so im guessing they have access to topcow characters. be cool if someone can explain it tho.

~The Wickerman~
Best chance in the world to see Violator in action....eeeeeevil action evil face

The Scribe
ImageUnited.info

There are characters missing because Jim Lee had to sell out to DC.
The WildCats should be in this. mad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.