Obama: Damn right I'm black enough!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

inimalist

KidRock
Obamas interracial heritage defines his personality perfectly.

He is black when he needs to be and white when he needs to be..depending on who the voters in the audience are.

Devil King
Originally posted by KidRock

He is black when he needs to be and white when he needs to be..depending on who the voters in the audience are.

So, you're accusing him of being a politician?

chithappens

I'm sure you have some great examples behind this statement.

inimalist
lol, so aside from the group **** kidrock

anyone else think this is cool? Hasn't obama danced around the "black issues" thing, sort of to avoid what happened to Jesse Jackson when he ran? I know he made the "fathers need to take care of their kids" remark, but that isn't really the same thing as specifically pointing out his credibility on issues that are "important" to the "black community".

Devil King
I think it's cool. I also think it's cool that he points out the huge problem of babies daddies and homophobia in the black community.

inimalist
wicked, I actually didn't know about that last one

Phantom Zone

dick.

Originally posted by inimalist
lol, so aside from the group **** kidrock

anyone else think this is cool? Hasn't obama danced around the "black issues" thing, sort of to avoid what happened to Jesse Jackson when he ran? I know he made the "fathers need to take care of their kids" remark, but that isn't really the same thing as specifically pointing out his credibility on issues that are "important" to the "black community".

Yeah I think its cool. I knew there would be some people who were going to complain that Obama isn't black enough. At any rate I don't think things are going to change drastically for black people if he comes into power. I think there are still some issues that some people in the black community need to adress.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by chithappens
I'm sure you have some great examples behind this statement.

Like when he tells Jewish audiences that his name is a variant of "Baruch"; that might be an innocent, random fun-fact if he wasn't just trying to get votes. Or that his grandfather helped liberate Auschwitz. (which was a lie.)

When he's talking to a bunch of rich ivy league white people, he has something in common with them. And when he's talking to the NAACP chapter in Atlanta, he has something in common with them. But McCain is basically limited to vets and people who enjoy the senior discount at Denny's.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Like when he tells Jewish audiences that his name is a variant of "Baruch"; that might be an innocent, random fun-fact if he wasn't just trying to get votes. Or that his grandfather helped liberate Auschwitz. (which was a lie.)

When he's talking to a bunch of rich ivy league white people, he has something in common with them. And when he's talking to the NAACP chapter in Atlanta, he has something in common with them. But McCain is basically limited to vets and people who enjoy the senior discount at Denny's.

McCain is basically going to get us all killed.

Blax_Hydralisk

So.... he is a politician!

=O

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Devil King
So, you're accusing him of being a politician?

Yes, a despicable crime. wink

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
McCain is basically going to get us all killed.

So, the US is going to attack the UK? confused

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
So, the US is going to attack the UK? confused

....yeah thats what im refering to.... Im refering to the idea that he seems to be the sort of politician that will try to use violence instead of talking with other countries eg Iran.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
....yeah thats what im refering to.... Im refering to the idea that he seems to be the sort of politician that will try to use violence instead of talking with other countries eg Iran.

I don't know where you get that idea. For what I can tell he has been a bipartisan member of congress form many years. That sounds like he has the ability to talk to people. He also has seen the the bad side of war better then anyone.

chithappens

Is it ok to know stuff about different cultures?

So does my sig mean that I am kissing ass to white people cause I am referencing a European poet?

You guys are ridiculous.

Robtard

What's worse, putting on a fake accent and mannerisms to coincide with the makeup of your audience, or feigning concern about them/their community?

McCain caters to blacks

zbucsz
Damn i live not even 3 miles from st.pete aka the burg, i wish i knew obama was there so i can ask him things and get a picture, also look into his eyes "no homo" you can tell a lot about a person when you look right into there eyes.

inimalist
I don't think Obama was catering to the audience there.

What is most impressive to me is that he kept his same demenor and responded very clearly and professionally to the questions. Assuming what he said is all true, it doesn't look as though he needs to "cater" to black votes, more than he isn't making the same mistakes Jesse Jackson did.

Quiero Mota
Is it ok to know stuff about different cultures?

So does my sig mean that I am kissing ass to white people cause I am referencing a European poet?

You guys are ridiculous.

Are you running for president? He's talking to an audience he knows is Jewish, so of course, he's going to pander in any way he can. Instead talking about his name's roots, he could've just said "Vote for me, cause I'm cool!".

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by zbucsz
Damn i live not even 3 miles from st.pete aka the burg, i wish i knew obama was there so i can ask him things and get a picture, also look into his eyes "no homo" you can tell a lot about a person when you look right into there eyes.

Usually just their eye colour, but I'm sure you can read their minds and all that.

chithappens
Instead talking about his name's roots, he could've just said "Vote for me, cause I'm cool!".

... Yeah, that'll work

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I don't know where you get that idea. For what I can tell he has been a bipartisan member of congress form many years. That sounds like he has the ability to talk to people. He also has seen the the bad side of war better then anyone.

I haven't met him personally so I could be wrong. I hear he got captured and tortured thats not neccesarily going to make you more tolerant that could make you angry and bitter.

Blinky
Obama is about as black as Al Roker, who could ask for more?

ragesRemorse
he smokes, im voting for him

red g jacks
So does my sig mean that I am kissing ass to white people cause I am referencing a European poet? damn right...

bring back the jay-z quote

Strangelove
Like when he tells Jewish audiences that his name is a variant of "Baruch"; that might be an innocent, random fun-fact if he wasn't just trying to get votes. Or that his grandfather helped liberate Auschwitz. (which was a lie.) His grandfather helped liberate Birkenau. Saying Auschwitz wasn't a lie, it was a mistake.

chithappens
Originally posted by red g jacks
damn right...

bring back the jay-z quote

Which one?

red g jacks
i don't remember which line you had.. all i remember is seeing a jay-z quote in your sig

xmarksthespot
I really don't think Obama has to do much to cater to black voters anyway... considering they are pretty solidly Democrat anyway. And he's black himself (yes the cynic in me says that a proportion of Black people are voting for him purely because he is Black). So this seemed relatively genuine. Which is not to say he isn't proving himself a consummate politician on various issues, and I'm not using the word as praise.

Also, general question, I haven't been following this election for like a month, has anything particularly dramatic happened to erode the gap between Obama and McCain? It's looking decidedly smaller than when I last checked the the poll of polls/electoral college predictions.

gryphon28
y'all need to read his book you will understand many things about him if you do

spidey-dude
all obama is is just a damn celebrity now

FistOfThe North
Black or not he's still a wall street type who'll sleep with private companies all day on everyone. You think he's here to save you.

There's never been a presidential candidate in U.S. history with less experience in public life than Obama. He's a cult fad; a celebrity, more than he is Black..

lord xyz
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Black or not he's still a wall street type who'll sleep with private companies all day on everyone. You think he's here to save you.

There's never been a presidential candidate in U.S. history with less experience in public life than Obama. He's a cult fad; a celebrity, more than he is Black.. Just when I thought you couldn't get any stupider, you become a Republican.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by lord xyz
Just when I thought you couldn't get any stupider, you become a Republican.

Stupider? lol, how old are you? Haven't heard that word since I was a kid. "Boys go to Jupiter, to get more stupider." Ah childhood.

Anyway independent here. I consider myself fiscally conservative but socially liberal/radical. I don't believe in worker abuse or things like corporate welfare. I am pro (ethical) business thought and for honest fair market competition but not for trickle down economics.

And just because someone disagrees with someones else's party politics doesn't mean the person's partisan or from the polar opposite side. To me both Dems and Reps can go shove it.

So i'm not a republican and go vote for him cause he's Black like most people are. I'll focus on the issues like what i can do or how i can make a difference in a anyway in fixing this economy, health care, and bringing our boys home. You ignorant fool.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.