$50,000 to clone your beloved Pet?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080805/hl_nm/korea_clones_dc

Would you be willing to pay for it?

I don't have any pets. So, it really isn't for me.

AngryManatee
No, because it's not the same pet. Save yourself 50 grand, buy a new pet, and let the one that passed live on in your memories.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
...Would you be willing to pay for it?...

NO! eek!

chillmeistergen
Nah.

Blinky
I would not waste the money, especially since I have a cat. My cat has a really pissy and arrogant personality and I would be afraid that the clone would be a rather boring "Mr. Nice Kitty".

fini
Nope, because what made that pet so special cannot be cloned. So it will be more like a living picture of that blessed creature. IT will ease some pain, but you will still miss that animal with all your heart.

Robtard
Originally posted by AngryManatee
No, because it's not the same pet. Save yourself 50 grand, buy a new pet, and let the one that passed live on in your memories.

That's the thing I think people fail to recognise here, it isn't going to have the same exact personality.

It's not like in that total shit movie 'The Sixth Day', where the memory is also cloned or imprinted.

Blax_Hydralisk
I wouldn't pay 50 grand for any animal, honestly. =\

Rogue Jedi
Hell no, buy a new pet and move on. Take Yoda's advice.

=Tired Hiker=
Hell no, I could think of a lot of better things to do with my money like registering in the World Series Of Poker tournament of 2009.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk

Good effin point.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Hell no, I could think of a lot of better things to do with my money like registering in the World Series Of Poker tournament of 2009.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind doing that.

ragesRemorse
I have had my dog for nearly 14 years now. I grew up with Jazz. At times, during move's and tragedies she has been my best and only friend. Being a dog, she has of course been annoying at times, but those big floppy ear's have always melted away the frustration. I can't say that Jazz has changed my life, but she has surely affected it.

Over the past three years she has gone blind in one eye due to a neglected cyst. I sometimes feel guilty for not having the cyst removed, but i did not have the $2000 required for surgery. So, she has lost sight in her right eye, but she still attempts to catch treats, even if she does fail. She has also developed weak blatter control. The first few times that she would piss on the couch or floor without even getting up was aggravating, but has now just become saddening. So, She not only has one blind eye, weak blatter control, but she has also developed several tumors, one on her belly, a small one on her forehead and another tiny one on her leg. Oh, yeah, she also has bad arthritis.

Considering all of this. Jazz is quite possibly the most depressing thing i have ever seen in my life. I would have her put to sleep but she is still very responsive and is always happy. So, putting her down would merely be a convenience for myself. I would not put my mother or girlfriend to sleep just because they couldnt hold their piss and had trouble walking. i would LEAVE.
So, to answer this question, NO, i would not pay $50,000 to have to watch my dog die again. After Jazz dies, i will never own another dog again. They are like children that NEVER learn and cannot communicate. Yet, you love them and bond with them, only to out live them and watch them die a long death.

Jazz
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z296/ragesRemorse/DSCF0014.jpg

Kelly_Bean
Absolutely (if I ever had the money).

Robtard
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
Absolutely (if I ever had the money).

Why not pocket the $49,500.00 and just buy another rat-dog that looks like the one you have? Cloning isn't going to make it have the same personality, maybe similar, but you can always get that in a new dog.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk

Not even a top race horse?

Robtard
For 50K you might get a few cc of sperm from a top race horse.

Croatoa
Nurture wins out here; I'd never have it done for me.

However, if there was a clone of me in the works, I might consider giving myself a companion then.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
No, I wouldn't pay fifty grand to have my pet cloned, especially since it's not even the same thing. Now, if it was (as someone mentioned) more like The Sixth Day, I would consider it. If inflation involved me making about $500 an hour.

FoxMeister
If i won the lottery i would do it but if my pet died i could just get another one after i got over it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.