We're gonna run out of Comic Books!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fruits
Am I the only one who thinks there will be a period of time where there won't be any comic book movies coming out because we are making them all now? It's not a bad thing, I mean after the Avenger movie I can't think of any Marvel characters that are big enough for a movie that haven't had one already and DC just needs to kick up the gears and get a Green Lantern or Flash movie out there. I don't know, just my thoughts

Radical
For Marvel, I suggest Thor.

And a Green Lantern movie, I wonder why they haven't made one yet. The effects would rock.

fruits
Well Thor is in the works to be made before the Avengers movie comes out...I think that one will be weird, and not really fit with the whole Iron Man and Hulk worlds they've created.

But I completely agree on Green Lantern. There's tons of potential with that

Condor
Considering some of the screenplays that hollywood has optioned in the last 20 years, I'd say there's a ton of quality comic stories still out there in Marvel and DC that are as good as some of this crap that's being written today. That being said, I always dreamed that one day, the studios would come up with a way to make a movie encompassing the whole Marvel Universe, using the actors that already have made the heroes what they are. I realize one could not cover the whole spectrum. It would also be a feat to pay the salaries of these actors all at once. I think Avengers has the right idea.

ragesRemorse
Even though for every one good comic book movie we get ten pieces of shit. I am very happy that there is a seemingly endless stream of comic book movies being pumped out. I think, however, a year or two without a comic book movie or just one or two would actually be healthy. At the rate things are going. I'm more worried that people are going to become sick of the comic book trend. They will never run out of comic book movie's to make though

BruceSkywalker
This is a Green Lantern movie that was just greenlit, but that doens't mean it will be made.

SnakeEyes
A quality GL movie would have the potential to be my favorite comic movie if they did it correctly.

Rorschach
A Green Lantern movie based on Geoff Johns Secret Origin arc would be awesome.

Kazenji
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
They will never run out of comic book movie's to make though

Yea this is like what they were doing in the past where they were pumping out Wild West flicks and even before that B-grade monster flicks.

SpaceMonkey
Originally posted by fruits
Well Thor is in the works to be made before the Avengers movie comes out...I think that one will be weird, and not really fit with the whole Iron Man and Hulk worlds they've created.

I agree 100% with that. I wonder how they'll make Norse Gods work with the already existing science/military foundations of those movies.

roughrider
Every series will run it's course, go away for a while, then come back again starting over with new people in front of & behind the camera. Every generation will have it's own series for Batman, Superman, Spider Man & the like.

Endrict Nuul
Nah, If there are comics around than comic book movies/types will still be around.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by fruits
Am I the only one who thinks there will be a period of time where there won't be any comic book movies coming out because we are making them all now? It's not a bad thing, I mean after the Avenger movie I can't think of any Marvel characters that are big enough for a movie that haven't had one already and DC just needs to kick up the gears and get a Green Lantern or Flash movie out there. I don't know, just my thoughts

Thor
DrStrange
Surfer
Inhumans
CaptainBritain
CaptainAmerica
Deadpool
Quazar

There are a lot of characters with enough material to make a movie. They might not get same draw as Spidey, Hulk or Batman but just about any well established character can be used for a movie.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Nah, If there are comics around than comic book movies/types will still be around.

{{QS}}
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
I agree 100% with that. I wonder how they'll make Norse Gods work with the already existing science/military foundations of those movies.

Just use the ultimate storyline for him.Make it mysterious as to whether hes a true magical being or just like iron man.

Kazenji
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey

Well the guy thats attached to the Thor movie also did that did Stardust (Matthew Vaughn) so of course the whole norse god thing will work "without" the science/military foundations.

llagrok
Believe it or not, but it IS possible to make more than one movie about a hero.

Dark-Jaxx
I'm personally hoping for a Sammy the Squidboy movie.

DigiMark007
Lulz.

There's maybe, what, 3-4 comic movies a year? And let's say we're an average of 20 yrs. old in this thread. So we'll be watching movies for maybe another 40 years. 40x 3-4 is between 120 and 160. There's at least that many titles on the market right now, not even including multiple books for the same team/character, or franchises that will undoubtedly become more popular in the coming decades that haven't even been created yet. Factor in sequels and we probably only need half those numbers in terms of characters/franchises in order to reach that many movies.

I wouldn't worry. It'll ebb and flow like any industry, and there might be "boom" times and down times. But this won't be a legitimate issue until long after we're all dead.

Da Joker
We'll never run out of comic book movie's because there are so many characters that haven't been done and even when you do the major characters like Batman, Spider-Man, & Superman, you can still always redo them because there's always a new way to portray them on the big screen. But yes, a year or two without a comic book movie from either company would be healthy for us, so that when we head back to the theater to see another movie we've been refreshsed and all that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.