Its mutiny I tell ya MUTINY!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Man of Christ
Scenario: Dooku and grevous on the invisible hand, turn on palpatine and confront him, with sabers drawn and a slew of reinforcements in droid form, can palpatine survive?
(lets assume that palpatine is not in the chair in shackles)

who wins? and how does this pan out?

Tangible God
Palpatine coughs and the droids fall down. He excuses himself and pwns Dooku and Grievous. Hey, if Dooku in AOTC can stop all the droids than surely Palpatine in ROTS can take them down as easily.

Man of Christ
be realistic please

Tangible God
No. But thanks for the offer though.

darthsith19
Depends on whether or not Grievous is able to block Sidious's lightning with his saber, and how close they start to each other. If Sidious can quickly dispose of Grievous, which he might, Dooku gets beaten not too quickly, though. But if the duo manages to confront him in a saber duel, I'm not sure Sidious can block all 4 of Grievous's sabers at once as well as Dooku's.

Darth Subjekt
I love when people say that when someones teaming up with someone, especially GG, that they assume they'd have enough room to all strike one person simultaneously. That's just not gonna happen.

Also, lightning isn't the only force power in Sidious' arsenal. But seeing as how GG is made of metal, I doubt that he'd be able to block his entire body with only 4 skinny lightsabers.

He pwns GG with the force, only to engage Dooku with his saber and kill him. After not touching a saber in 13 years, he wtfpwnd 3 of the top duelists in the Jedi Order. While Dooku is damn good with a saber, I don't see the fight lasting any longer than Anakin and Dooku's fight.

The droids are a non-factor as they'd be brushed aside quite easily with the force.

truejedi
i dunno about that, droids in high enough numbers could become a factor. 200 jedi were defeated by a suffieciently large number of combat droids.

Man of Christ
also the "top duelists' that palpatine beat were as stated by lucas to be the "B" team not the A team.

they were good but not on an anakin or obi wan level.

also what proof do you have that siddious hadnt been practicing?

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by truejedi
i dunno about that, droids in high enough numbers could become a factor. 200 jedi were defeated by a suffieciently large number of combat droids. Well he never mentioned how many, but given the size of the room, it couldn't be that many.

Originally posted by Man of Christ
also the "top duelists' that palpatine beat were as stated by lucas to be the "B" team not the A team.

they were good but not on an anakin or obi wan level.

also what proof do you have that siddious hadnt been practicing? Seriously, you want me to prove a negative? Can you prove that was training with his saber?
Where was it stated by Lucas that they were the B team? Not that i don't believe you, but ya know...

Null ARC Avis
i have been gone for a long while, and i just want to know, since when did Sidious join God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit? Sure, he is strong in the force, but he isn't exactly too powerful with a lightsaber, at least from what i've seen. if dooku can get up close, i think he can take Sidious in a saber fight. especially since dooku has been practicing with a saber and was one of the orders best duelists, while sidious was not too well know for his abilities with a lightsaber.
Sure, he beat three Jedi who never went against another lightsaber wielding enemy before in their lives, and were totally taken by suprise when he jumped from out of nowhere, but does that prove that he can take an opponent who has spent years to learn and perfect a form that specifically deals with fighting another lightsber weilding enemy?

Master Crimzon
Agen Kolar went up against Quinlan Vos in a lightsaber duel (and totally tooled him). Kit Fisto duelled against both AotC levelled Obi-Wan (and tooled him) and went up against Asajj Ventress in a duel. Fail.

Oh, and I suppose it doesn't count that Sidious obliterated three of the order's greatest swordsmen? Not just at that period, when people on the level of Obi-Wan and Anakin were in the Jedi Order, but in its entire history.

Dooku, being a better practiced swordsman than Sidious, is likely more technically skilled- however, Sidious is a "Master of every weapon and every form", and was capable of moving and striking at speeds that nearly overwhelmed Mace Windu, who was forced to resort to Vaapad in order to mimic Sidious' speed, put Yoda (who outclassed Dooku) on the defensive, and those speeds being called 'furious' and a 'blur of speed'. He's faster than Dooku, more powerful in the force, and therefore capable of enhancing his attributes to a far greater extent than Dooku; stronger, faster, better reflexes, better agility... and seeing as Anakin was able to own Dooku using his force attunement and strength, I have no doubt Sidious, given his advantages, can do the same. He defeats Dooku with difficulty in a lightsaber duel.

The entire fight? Grievous is disabled with the force, the droids are casually brushed away and Dooku is defeated in a lightsaber duel.

Man of Christ
all converging on him at once?

Gideon

Don't take quotes out of context. Lucas was asked why Windu "brought the B-Team" to arrest Palpatine, to which Lucas responded: "you have to be Mace or Yoda to compete with Palpatine."

Obviously not Skywalker level. Kenobi level? Debateable.

a.) He was Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic and b.) his lightsaber was buried in a statue for thirteen years according to the novelization.

Man of Christ
He obviously had 2 lightsabers as he lost one in his fight with mace but had another to duel yoda

Gideon
He obviously had 2 lightsabers as he lost one in his fight with mace but had another to duel yoda

One wonders, then, why he would make primary use out of a back up and attack Windu and the Jedi with a lightsaber buried in a statue. You make it sound as if it's supposed to mean that he was practicing his lightsaber skills.

Galan007
Originally posted by darthsith19
Depends on whether or not Grievous is able to block Sidious's lightning with his saber, and how close they start to each other. if they start a reasonible distance apart, i don't see any reason gg would be incapable of blocking a force-lightning attack. hell, from only a few feet away, yoda was able to drop his can and negate the lightning sidious was throwing his way in the senate room.

Darth Subjekt
No Gideon, it's cool. The onus is on him to prove that he was practicing. Bet he can't do it.

Master Crimzon
Originally posted by Galan007
if they start a reasonible distance apart, i don't see any reason gg would be incapable of blocking a force-lightning attack. hell, from only a few feet away, yoda was able to drop his can and negate the lightning sidious was throwing his way in the senate room.

lol wut? Yoda got owned by Sidious' lightning the first time, and the second time, it blew his lightsaber away (he didn't throw it or anything) and barely managed to hold Sidious' lightning.

And besides, do you think that Sidious only knows lightning? As the ultimate master of the dark side, he most certainly knows force crush, a technique that was employed by Mace Windu- Sidious' considerable inferior in the force and not even a dark sider- to disable Grievous. What makes you think Sidious wouldn't be able to use the same technique (to much more lethal results)?

Man of Christ
i doubt mace is a considerable inferior in terms of force to siddious, proof please.

Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
No Gideon, it's cool. The onus is on him to prove that he was practicing. Bet he can't do it.

you misunderstand me, i was arguing that it cant be proven either way whether or not he had practiced. but i assume he had training sessions with dooku and maul which would count as practice

Elite Hunter
but i assume he had training sessions with dooku and maul which would count as practice

I believe his last training sessions were with Maul which doesn't contradict Gideon's point. But Dooku didn't need training sessions, he was the one training his dark jedi and Grievous before and during the war, furthermore one of the key reasons why Sidious chose Dooku was because Dooku was already an accomplished jedi and Sidious didn't have the time to train a new apprentice, the limited time the 2 had together was probably going over their plans and teaching Dooku dark side techniques.

Darth Subjekt
And where exactly would all these training sessions be held? He's a freaking politician who, during this war, was constantly around dignitaries and/or Jedi. I think they would have noticed him flipping around fighting. Besides, Dooku was rather busy, what with killing people and keeping a war going.

Galan007
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
lol wut? Yoda got owned by Sidious' lightning the first time, and the second time, it blew his lightsaber away (he didn't throw it or anything) and barely managed to hold Sidious' lightning.i only mentioned that, because yoda was able to both react to, and negate, force-lightning from only a few feet away. that's why imo, gg could certainly block said lightning with at least one of his four sabers, assuming they start out a reasonable distance apart.

And besides, do you think that Sidious only knows lightning? As the ultimate master of the dark side, he most certainly knows force crush, a technique that was employed by Mace Windu- Sidious' considerable inferior in the force and not even a dark sider- to disable Grievous. What makes you think Sidious wouldn't be able to use the same technique (to much more lethal results)? i was only replying to a comment made regarding gg's ability to block force-lightning alone. but yes, i do realize that sidious has the ability to conjure other force related abilities (duh). however, any other powers he may be able to manifest were obviously not a consideration of mine, due to the one very force specific power i remarked on.

Master Crimzon
Yoda wasn't exactly able to negate the lightning so much as he barely caught it (after it disarmed him, leaving him without his most deadly weapon). And Grievous, while physically stronger than Yoda, doesn't have Yoda's uber-mastery of the force, which could enable him to gain strength and defending ability far beyond Grievous'.

And to MoC, what did Mace ever do that would put him on a level with Sidious? Please. Sidious is the same guy who executed a ritual that clouded the minds of... well, the entirety of Coruscant's population, summoned lightning storms to destroy large parts of its surface. Oh, and he was called a "Black hole in the force" by the RotS novel, and a greater master of the dark side than even Dooku, a guy who could decimate Asajj Ventress by lifting his finger. He also stalemated Yoda, Windu's superior and the 'most devastatingly powerful foe the darkness had ever known' in force abilities (or, depending on your point of view, he might have defeated Yoda). In their very force struggle, despite Windu having the advantages of Vaapad and superior physical conditioning, Sidious was pwning Mace, causing him to 'choke on ozone' and, it was made almost explicitly clear that Sidious would've defeated him if it wasn't for him 'faking' his weakness (supported by GL himself). Do I really need to go on?

Man of Christ
no you dont need to go on because you are wrong, sure siddious can do many things with the force but that didnt stop him from laying on the groung disfigured and crying before mace

truejedi
Mace beat Sidious. Plain and simple. no one is claiming mace to be Sidious's superior, BUT as a combatant, one on one, with all abilities being used, Mace beat Sidious. Sidious obviously can PWN mace with the force, but overall? not nearly as obious.

darthsith19
Yeah Lucas says that Mace can "compete with the Emperor" and says that he overpowered Sidious (in the saber duel) on the ROTS AC. Sidious is by no means far above Mace. Whether they are equals or not is debatable but Mace is definitely not far below.

Galan007
Yoda wasn't exactly able to negate the lightning so much as he barely caught it (after it disarmed him, leaving him without his most deadly weapon). And Grievous, while physically stronger than Yoda, doesn't have Yoda's uber-mastery of the force, which could enable him to gain strength and defending ability far beyond Grievous'. again, i was speaking purely on yoda's ability to react fast enough to deflect the lightning. as i've said before, gg would surely be able to react fast enough to block it ala his saber, if they started a reasonable distance apart. on a sidenote, when has yoda ever became, physically stronger than gg (a being who's strength was rumored to be beyond that of a wookie)? - i'm not saying he hasn't, but i'd like to see an instance of him doing so, is all.

in a nutshell, i really don't believe that grievous would be incapable of deflecting the lightning, under specified parameters. i just don't see his ability to hold onto the saber being any sort of issue. *shrugs*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.