Which fanboys annoy you the most?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scoobless
You all know the comic versus forum has far, far, more than it's share of fanboys, it's gotten to the point where you only have to look at some user names to know pretty much exactly what the post will say before you have to read it.

So which ones are the most annoying:

Strength fanboys?

They rep the Hulk no matter what, to a lesser degree they go into non-Hulk threads and rep the strongest character in the match (occasionally referencing the Hulk even though he's not involved)

Speed fanboys?

Speedblitz FTW!!!, whoever they see as the faster character in the match gets their vote as, like I said, Speedblitz FTW (even when the difference is as low as Beast Vs Moonknight)

Healing Factor fanboys?

Whoever can heal fastest gets the vote from these guys, they rarely care about other factors involved, doesn't matter if they could be KOd or incapacitated, if they heal they rule.

Other type fanboy? .... did I miss any obvious ones?

I'm not picking on any one character in particular (not even Superman, who is occasionally repped by all of the above groups) and I'm not picking on any particular poster (though I do have one or two in mind when making this thread)

::::::::::::::::

Yeah, I know this will probably get closed soon enough, just wanted to get a reading on opinions though.

batdude123
Reported.

Scoobless
Originally posted by batdude123
Reported.

Sweet.

big grin

D'oh ... forgot to mention prep fanboys.

Boy Blue
Superman's repped by healing factor fanboys?

batdude123
Originally posted by Scoobless
Sweet.

big grin

D'oh ... forgot to mention prep fanboys.

Reported.

Mr. Slippyfist
Griffin fanboys.

I don't know, I like him, but I think I'm still getting over the shock is all.

But Kimbo fanboys are the worst.

batdude123
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Griffin fanboys.

I don't know, I like him, but I think I'm still getting over the shock is all.

But Kimbo fanboys are the worst.

Forrest Griffin is awesome. uhuh

Mr. Slippyfist
Forrest Griffin is awesome. uhuh Until Wanderlei gets unleashed all over him.

Chuck could probably take him as well (which we'll see probably before the end of the year). And hopefully an in-shape/not hurt Shogun gets his rematch.

batdude123
Until Wanderlei gets unleashed all over him.

Chuck could probably take him as well. And hopefully an in-shape/not hurt Shogun gets his rematch.

Forrest > Rampage

Rampage > Liddell

Therefore, I conclude that Forrest >> Liddell. ermm

Mr. Slippyfist
Forrest > Rampage

Rampage > Liddell

Therefore, I conclude that Forrest >> Liddell. ermm Pfft. The only thing that can be concluded is that Griffin has a better chin. Styles make fights fatnude... styles make fights.

batdude123
Pfft. The only thing that can be concluded is that Griffin has a better chin. Styles make fights fatnude... styles make fights.

I was joking. Liddell has crazy take down defense and better striking skills than Forrest.

Mr. Slippyfist
I was joking. Liddell has crazy take down defense and better striking skills than Forrest. That's what I figure as well... but Griffin continues to make me disappointed. Oh well, I guess we'll see after Chuck KO's his stylistic can, and fights Griffin.

batdude123
That's what I figure as well... but Griffin continues to make me disappointed. Oh well, I guess we'll see after Chuck KO's his stylistic can, and fights Griffin.

I'm waiting for Machida to rise up. He stomped all over Tito's ass.

And with Anderson Silva in the 205 weight class now, it's going to be awesome. haw-som

Mr. Slippyfist
I'm waiting for Machida to rise up. He stomped all over Tito's ass.

And with Anderson Silva in the 205 weight class now, it's going to be awesome. haw-som Machida should have gotten the title shot already. He would beat Griffin as well IMO, but not as satisfying as W Silva would. I just want him to KO Thiago so all excuses for him getting the shot are non-existent.
And Tito got ass raped for sure. The dick still won't give Machida his props, but what Machida did was more exiting than what Tito planned to do... lay on him.

Anderson said he was going to step aside to let Machida get the title he deserves. Although I'd like Anderson to take occasional 205 trips. I mean, he's got no one left in Middle. Case in point; Cote vs Anderson.

-K-M-
Machida most definetly should have got a title shot already, but he isn't as dynamic as the other fighters so he keeps getting pushed back...sadly

Cote is a good fighter, but Anderson quality? Naaaa.

I actually posted one link of people who actually said it would take Silva and Liddell working together they could MAYBE take out Kimbo and went on how great he was. There was a group of people saying this.

batdude123
Machida should have gotten the title shot already. He would beat Griffin as well IMO, but not as satisfying as W Silva would. I just want him to KO Thiago so all excuses for him getting the shot are non-existent.
And Tito got ass raped for sure. The dick still won't give Machida his props, but what Machida did was more exiting than what Tito planned to do... lay on him.

Anderson said he was going to step aside to let Machida get the title he deserves. Although I'd like Anderson to take occasional 205 trips. I mean, he's got no one left in Middle. Case in point; Cote vs Anderson.

Machida is going to beat Silva. And imo the only thing saving Griffin in a fight against Machida is his chin. Machida's striking is awesome.

Tito is an all around jackass. srug

Indeed. Middle weight was a joke for him. And he straight up MURDERED James Irvin as well.

Mr. Slippyfist
He's fighting Thiago Silva. Alves is like 30 pounds lighter... Anyone can be knocked out. Machida could do it, but it's unlikely, also taking into account his style.

I kind of want to see Babalu hold the choke he's going to place on Tito for too long.

I wonder how many stitches Irvin got. laughing

Originally posted by -K-M-
Machida most definetly should have got a title shot already, but he isn't as dynamic as the other fighters so he keeps getting pushed back...sadly

I actually posted one link of people who actually said it would take Silva and Liddell working together they could MAYBE take out Kimbo and went on how great he was. There was a group of people saying this. I can see him KO'ing T. Silva and getting the shot.

Ya. Palhares is the only one off the top of my head with an OK shot of submitting him (in the UFC), but he's getting KO'ed by Hendo in their fight.

no expression
Both could KO him. And although rarely shown... both have better ground game than assy James Thompson. And hell, Mark Hunt couldn't finish Silva, but Kimbo could take both? Ughh...

Also, I want to see Sok do good (which he can), if only to show how good Machida is. big grin

batdude123
I can see him KO'ing T. Silva and getting the shot.

Ya. Palhares is the only one off the top of my head with an OK shot of submitting him (in the UFC), but he's getting KO'ed by Hendo in their fight.

no expression
Both could KO him. And although rarely shown... both have better ground game than assy James Thompson. And hell, Mark Hunt couldn't finish Silva, but Kimbo could take both? Ughh...

Also, I want to see Sok do good (which he can), if only to show how good Machida is. big grin

crylaugh

James Thompson...

Mr. Slippyfist
crylaugh

James Thompson... Hey, he beat Giant Silva... ermm

batdude123
Hey, he beat Giant Silva... ermm

And got knocked the f*ck out by Butterbean in like a minute... ermm

Mr. Slippyfist
And got knocked the f*ck out by Butterbean in like a minute... ermm Let me go to Wiki for a second...

Loss Tengiz Tedoradze TKO (Corner Stoppage) Round 2 5:00
Loss Aleksander Emelianenko KO Round 1 0:11
Loss Kazuyuki Fujita KO (Punch) Round 1 8:25
Loss Rob Broughton TKO Round 3 ?
Loss Eric Esch KO Round 1 0:43
Loss Neil Grove KO (Punch) Round 1 0:10
Loss Brett Rogers KO (Punches) Round 1 2:24
Loss Kimbo Slice TKO (Punches) Round 3 0:38

He's 14-9 with his other loss coming from an armbar... and Kimbo should have lost that fight/premature stoppage anyway. laughing out loud

batdude123
He's fighting Thiago Silva. Alves is like 30 pounds lighter... Anyone can be knocked out. Machida could do it, but it's unlikely, also taking into account his style.

I kind of want to see Babalu hold the choke he's going to place on Tito for too long.

I wonder how many stitches Irvin got. laughing

Yes, I know. I realized it after I posted. Griffin can definitely take punishment, no doubt.

It's a strong possibility knowing Babalu. laughing out loud

I wonder if he got a concussion. ermm

batdude123
Let me go to Wiki for a second...

Loss Tengiz Tedoradze TKO (Corner Stoppage) Round 2 5:00
Loss Aleksander Emelianenko KO Round 1 0:11
Loss Kazuyuki Fujita KO (Punch) Round 1 8:25
Loss Rob Broughton TKO Round 3 ?
Loss Eric Esch KO Round 1 0:43
Loss Neil Grove KO (Punch) Round 1 0:10
Loss Brett Rogers KO (Punches) Round 1 2:24
Loss Kimbo Slice TKO (Punches) Round 3 0:38

He's 14-9 with his other loss coming from an armbar... and Kimbo should have lost that fight/premature stoppage anyway. laughing out loud

laughing

Guy is pathetic.

And that Kimbo fight was obviously rigged. A minute and a half straight that Kimbo was taking unanswered elbows to the head, and the ref didn't stop it. Wtf?

Ha-Son
laughing

Guy is pathetic.

And that Kimbo fight was obviously rigged. A minute and a half straight that Kimbo was taking unanswered elbows to the head, and the ref didn't stop it. Wtf?
He was exhausted. There was no power in those elbows.

Mr. Slippyfist
It's still unanswered blows. But it does show possibilities for any good fighter against Kimbo.
Yes, I know. I realized it after I posted. Griffin can definitely take punishment, no doubt.

It's a strong possibility knowing Babalu. laughing out loud

I wonder if he got a concussion. ermm Heh.

Babalu is the shit.

Hopefully. He should have known better to think he would win based on weight.

laughing

Guy is pathetic.

And that Kimbo fight was obviously rigged. A minute and a half straight that Kimbo was taking unanswered elbows to the head, and the ref didn't stop it. Wtf? That or Dan is the worst ref in the industry. I mean, he stopped the fight when chin James was only rocked...

batdude123
Originally posted by Ha-Son
He was exhausted. There was no power in those elbows.

What are you, an Elite XC official?

Heh.

Babalu is the shit.

Hopefully. He should have known better to think he would win based on weight.

Irvin was lulzable in that fight. He should've known better than to throw a telegraphed kick to Anderson mother f*ckin Silva.

That or Dan is the worst ref in the industry.

Agreed.

Ha-Son
It's still unanswered blows. But it does show possibilities for any good fighter against Kimbo.

Agreed.

Yes.

Mr. Slippyfist

Irvin was lulzable in that fight. He should've known better than to throw a telegraphed kick to Anderson mother f*ckin Silva.

Agreed. Elite XC... laughing out loud

Even telegraphed, that shit was impressive as hell, and surprised the shit out of me.

Ha-Son
Elite XC... laughing out loud

Even telegraphed, that shit was impressive as hell, and surprised the shit out of me.
What did you think of their last event on cbs? mmm

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Ha-Son
What did you think of their last event on cbs? mmm Way better.

I was looking forward to Lawler and he didn't disappoint. The only thing I didn't get (beside Cyborg having to deal out another unneeded ass kicking) was why was a title fight on the undercard? Plus, Bighead Silva is exiting as well. I dun git it.

batdude123
Elite XC... laughing out loud

Yeah.

Philosophía
Lulz at thread derail.

Symmetric Chaos
UFC fanboys who think it's somehow more "real" than other combat sports.

Juntai
Originally posted by -K-M-

I actually posted one link of people who actually said it would take Silva and Liddell working together they could MAYBE take out Kimbo and went on how great he was. There was a group of people saying this. Machida is as dynamic as anyone, he just isn't EXCITING. Which is what Dana wants, win or lose. Especially in a championship contender. Eventually however, he'll have to fold if Machida keeps beating all of his fighters.

Agreed about Cote.

You guys should come over. I order all the PPVs. big grin

Juntai
Way better.

I was looking forward to Lawler and he didn't disappoint. The only thing I didn't get (beside Cyborg having to deal out another unneeded ass kicking) was why was a title fight on the undercard? Plus, Bighead Silva is exiting as well. I dun git it. The CBS shit is bogus. I won't watch another one. Lawler is solid, I watched him in his older days, but the rest of the organization sucks.

I've watched Kimbo for years, and now suddenly he's more than internet famous and people think he's an unstoppable machine. I argued with a guy the other day who said he was stomp all over The Natural. lolol. I was like; "BASED ON WHAT!??!?!"

Plus Kimbo got his shit kicked by Thompson who was hand picked to get his face punched in. Kimbo ate more than 70 elbows and didn't even try to work or gain position in the second round. Should have been called.

Now all of the head honchos at that organization are getting fired or 'stepping down' one at a time. It's going to the pots. AFFLICTION is the only real competition out there now, and it LOST money in it's first PPV, and Dana will probably make it a tend.

I refuse to even watch the CBS one, even if I would like to see Kimbo succeed, I don't want it FORCED to me with handpicked fight and bogus calls to carry him along.

Scoobless
doublepost-tastic!

thumb up

Scoobless
Reported.

hmm
Forrest > Rampage

Rampage > Liddell

Therefore, I conclude that Forrest >> Liddell. ermm

Report worthy spam methinks.

smile

Boy Blue
Report worthy spam methinks.

smile Probably.

FGZiyj7i_iw

WrathfulDwarf
You all know the comic versus forum has far, far, more than it's share of fanboys, it's gotten to the point where you only have to look at some user names to know pretty much exactly what the post will say before you have to read it.

So which ones are the most annoying:

Strength fanboys?

They rep the Hulk no matter what, to a lesser degree they go into non-Hulk threads and rep the strongest character in the match (occasionally referencing the Hulk even though he's not involved)

Speed fanboys?

Speedblitz FTW!!!, whoever they see as the faster character in the match gets their vote as, like I said, Speedblitz FTW (even when the difference is as low as Beast Vs Moonknight)

Healing Factor fanboys?

Whoever can heal fastest gets the vote from these guys, they rarely care about other factors involved, doesn't matter if they could be KOd or incapacitated, if they heal they rule.

Other type fanboy? .... did I miss any obvious ones?

I'm not picking on any one character in particular (not even Superman, who is occasionally repped by all of the above groups) and I'm not picking on any particular poster (though I do have one or two in mind when making this thread)

::::::::::::::::

Yeah, I know this will probably get closed soon enough, just wanted to get a reading on opinions though.

The Costume fanboys....

OMGZ!!!! HE LOOKS SO COOL BECAUSE HIS COSTUME LOOKS COOL!!!!! BUT HE SUCKS BECAUZE HISSS COSTUME IS OUTDATED!!!! A COOL COSTUME MAKES THE CHARACTER BEDDER BUT AN UGLY COSTUME MAKES THE CHACTER LOOK LIKE SHIT! I DONT' CARE ABOOT STOIRES OR PLOT I ONLY CARE HOW COOL HE LOOKS! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOBBQLOLOLOLLIPOP! ZMOG!

Yeah, those...

Starscream M
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
The Costume fanboys....

OMGZ!!!! HE LOOKS SO COOL BECAUSE HIS COSTUME LOOKS COOL!!!!! BUT HE SUCKS BECAUZE HISSS COSTUME IS OUTDATED!!!! A COOL COSTUME MAKES THE CHARACTER BEDDER BUT AN UGLY COSTUME MAKES THE CHACTER LOOK LIKE SHIT! I DONT' CARE ABOOT STOIRES OR PLOT I ONLY CARE HOW COOL HE LOOKS! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOBBQLOLOLOLLIPOP! ZMOG!

Yeah, those... how could he look so cool yet his costume is dated?

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Starscream M
how could he look so cool yet his costume is dated?

Beats me...that's what they spewed all the time...

Endrict Nuul
The over hyping, speculation and making up powers fanboys. Then its Hulk.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Juntai
The CBS shit is bogus. I won't watch another one. Lawler is solid, I watched him in his older days, but the rest of the organization sucks.

I've watched Kimbo for years, and now suddenly he's more than internet famous and people think he's an unstoppable machine. I argued with a guy the other day who said he was stomp all over The Natural. lolol. I was like; "BASED ON WHAT!??!?!"

Plus Kimbo got his shit kicked by Thompson who was hand picked to get his face punched in. Kimbo ate more than 70 elbows and didn't even try to work or gain position in the second round. Should have been called.

Now all of the head honchos at that organization are getting fired or 'stepping down' one at a time. It's going to the pots. AFFLICTION is the only real competition out there now, and it LOST money in it's first PPV, and Dana will probably make it a tend.

I refuse to even watch the CBS one, even if I would like to see Kimbo succeed, I don't want it FORCED to me with handpicked fight and bogus calls to carry him along. Ya. Lawler is probably their best P4P fighter right now... Ninja's good, but damn, it's still good that Lawler beat him.

If you've been watching Kimbo for years, then you'll be happy to know that he'll be starring in his own MMA comedy movie with Hulk Hogan... sick

Also, I hope they put Kimbo against Rogers...

DigiMark007
Nah.

Didn't want to let this happen anyway because of the potential animosity it would undoubtedly create, and that was before the MMA spam. Seriously guys, that sh*t's bad enough in the forum where it belongs. I won't have it infecting my forum as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.