Best/Favorite Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Da Joker
Out of all the Batmen thus far, talk about which is your favorite and who you think is the best.

http://frustrationnation.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/adam_west.jpg

http://batman.ugo.com/images/galleries/batman_1989_filmtv/batman_1989_9.jpg

http://bruehoyt.com/superheroes/DC/batman/bruce/batmanforever1.jpg

http://medias.fluctuat.net/films/7/0/7048/batman-et-robin/photos/47220-george-clooney.jpg

http://www.reelmovienews.com/images/gallery/another-posted-for-the-dark-knight.jpg

I believe Christian Bale has the best Bruce Wayne & Batman, no doubt. He was really able to capture Wayne well in the sense that he could easily throw people off of any possibility of him being Batman which was by coming off as snobby and a rich prick. His Batman is untouched as well because he's straight out of the comics. He doesn't joke around, he knows a great deal of martial arts and is an adept fighter, and he really acts like a detective. Keaton is my second choice, but even he wasn't as good as Bale who is an all around better actor than any actor to play Batman.

willofthewisp
I agree about Christian Bale. I thought Val Kilmer was too brooding and George Clooney wasn't brooding enough. Adam West, even though he's great, just isn't the definitive Batman, and Michael Keaton did his best to bring out the dark side of Batman, but it just kind of fell apart.

Philosophía
Bale by far.

SelinaAndBruce
My favorite is still Michael Keaton by a hair.

ScarletSpeed
this thread should be burned

Bale ftw stick out tongue

nimbus006
Bale by a healthy margin.

Bat Dude
There is no "best" Batman...

It's all a matter of opinion...

You can't say "So-and-so is the best Batman", because you can't prove it... Anything you use to prove it would just be based in opinion...

With that said, my FAVORITE is a tie between Keaton and Bale...

willofthewisp
Keaton, imo, let himself be overshadowed by Jack Nicholson. The writers and Tim Burton are primarily to blame for that, but Keaton resorted to some really odd behavior like Bruce Wayne spying on his guests. I know he spies on people in TDK, but not at his own house behind a two-way mirror before any danger has happened. I also didn't care for his outburst at Vicky Vale's place. Batman doesn't just explode and if Bruce Wayne needs to stop a crime without becoming Batman, he does it covertly and most people dismiss it as him being stupid or drunk.

BruceSkywalker
The best Batman is Christian Bale, period....

The only thing in my opinion that saved Mr. Mom was his batsuit.

Bat Dude
Can this "best Batman" be PROVEN to be the best Batman?

No, he can't...

NO ONE can prove that a "best Batman" exists...

There are so many different variations of Batman that a "best" version doesn't even exist... It's all opinion...

Da Joker
Dude, it's a matter of opinion, hence why I put tell who you think is the best or who's your favorite, it doesn't have to be proven or anything, give your opinion and have a healthy discussion.

Da Joker
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Keaton, imo, let himself be overshadowed by Jack Nicholson. The writers and Tim Burton are primarily to blame for that, but Keaton resorted to some really odd behavior like Bruce Wayne spying on his guests. I know he spies on people in TDK, but not at his own house behind a two-way mirror before any danger has happened. I also didn't care for his outburst at Vicky Vale's place. Batman doesn't just explode and if Bruce Wayne needs to stop a crime without becoming Batman, he does it covertly and most people dismiss it as him being stupid or drunk.

I totally agree. Each time I watch it I'm like "What the **** was the point of that?" The Joker wasn't even going to harm him or anything, he just wanted Vale. That whole part was pretty stupid, and I didn't like how Alfred just let her into the batcave. C'mon, how do we know she wasn't going to spill the secret into everyone's lap?

willofthewisp
Well, apparently everyone in that movie loves Vicky for some reason, so don't be too hard on Alfred. laughing

D_A_R_E
I say Bale is the best, but others might have a different opinion.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Da Joker
Dude, it's a matter of opinion, hence why I put tell who you think is the best or who's your favorite, it doesn't have to be proven or anything, give your opinion and have a healthy discussion.

It's the fact that people can claim that one is the "best"... One can't be the "best" at something unless it can be proven that they're truly the best... You can't prove that Bale is better than West or Keaton or Kilmer or Clooney or Conroy, or Romano, or anyone else, because it's all opinion...

A better way to put it is "favorite", because that's what it is...

And Bruce did that in Vicki's apartment because he knew Vicki was in danger, so he acted in a manner to draw the danger to him, taking Vicki out of harm's way (at least, that's how I interpreted it)...

Da Joker
They can call whoever they want the best, it's their opinion, just leave it at that.

The Joker was never going to harm Vicki, so the scene was pointless. I thought of that a couple times but the Joker was never going top harm her because his own twisted way he "loved" her.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Bat Dude

You can't say "So-and-so is the best Batman", because you can't prove it... Anything you use to prove it would just be based in opinion...

The thread starter asked a question, and I simpy answered it.

Who was your favorite Batman?

My answer, Bale.

SnakeEyes
It's the fact that people can claim that one is the "best"... One can't be the "best" at something unless it can be proven that they're truly the best... You can't prove that Bale is better than West or Keaton or Kilmer or Clooney or Conroy, or Romano, or anyone else, because it's all opinion...

A better way to put it is "favorite", because that's what it is...

And Bruce did that in Vicki's apartment because he knew Vicki was in danger, so he acted in a manner to draw the danger to him, taking Vicki out of harm's way (at least, that's how I interpreted it)...

Dude, stop flippin a *****. The thread starter asked in the first post for people to talk about who they think is the best Batman. Nobody is claiming that it can be proven that one actor was superior, people are giving their opinions like they were asked, so just calm down and stop posting useless shit.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Dude, stop flippin a *****. The thread starter asked in the first post for people to talk about who they think is the best Batman. Nobody is claiming that it can be proven that one actor was superior, people are giving their opinions like they were asked, so just calm down and stop posting useless shit.

That doesn't really sound much like an opinion... It sounds more like a "he's the best, and if you think otherwise, you're stupid"...

Maybe I'm just grumpy today, but that's what it sounded like... If it wasn't, I'm sorry for going off on a tangent...

I rest my case...

BruceSkywalker
I totally agree. Each time I watch it I'm like "What the **** was the point of that?" The Joker wasn't even going to harm him or anything, he just wanted Vale. That whole part was pretty stupid, and I didn't like how Alfred just let her into the batcave. C'mon, how do we know she wasn't going to spill the secret into everyone's lap?

Vicky Vale was just horribly written. I know Kim Bassinger was hot back then, she was all totally wrong for the role.

Da Joker
I thought she did good, but was a bit stale.

IMO, she's still hot.

SelinaAndBruce
Vicky Vale sucked. I hated her and was so glad she was gone in the second one

Da Joker
Whoa....I still liked her. One thing that was annoying was seeing Selina destroy her apartment? What was the point? Michelle was awesome in the role but that scene was as unnecessary as using the Penguin.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
Vicky Vale sucked. I hated her and was so glad she was gone in the second one

Wow, you don't seem to like many of the women in Batman's life, do you? laughing

You don't like Rachel Dawes, you don't like Vicki Vale, you don't like Chase Meridian, you don't like Talia...

I'll make a guess and say the only one you DO like is Selina Kyle...

Am I right? wink

Da Joker
That's just weird....

SelinaAndBruce
Wow, you don't seem to like many of the women in Batman's life, do you? laughing

You don't like Rachel Dawes, you don't like Vicki Vale, you don't like Chase Meridian, you don't like Talia...

I'll make a guess and say the only one you DO like is Selina Kyle...

Am I right? wink
Damn skippy.

cool
I liked Vicky better than Chase and Rachel though. Chase was just someone who wanted to screw Batman because she had this weird lust for him. And Rachel Dawes...well, she was fickle and boring. But Vicky was just annoying and dull. Where she really lost me is when she stalked Bruce when he went to his parents gravesite. Good lord you slept with him ONE TIME and you're already stalking him? He must have put it on her something serious.

And Selina destroyed her apartment because it represented everything about her corny little flaky pathetic existence before hand. The scene wasn't pointless it was showing her transformation, the difference between pathetic fumbling Selina and sexy destructive and calculating Catwoman.

Da Joker
I still didn't like the scene...maybe it's just me but I've always found it pointless. I could see her destroying some of the stuff...but sprapainting everything?

Anywho, Bale is still my favorite, probably always will be.

SelinaAndBruce
I still didn't like the scene...maybe it's just me but I've always found it pointless. I could see her destroying some of the stuff...but sprapainting everything?

Anywho, Bale is still my favorite, probably always will be.
She had to destroy the whole thing. It represented her fake "corndog" life. And she was tired of it. What would be the point of her cutting up a few teddy bears and then going about her business. And that phone call from Shreck's department store is what really set her off.

And I still prefer Keaton, but he only wins it for the voice otherwise it would be tied with him and Bale for me

Da Joker
I watched Begins last night, and the voice isn't even that bad, it's been totally blown out of proportion. And as it stands, the first two movies of the new Batman franchise stomped all over the first two movies of the old franchise.

SelinaAndBruce
I definitely think The Dark Knight is the best Batman movie ever though I still think Begins was kind of stale, but I think Christian Bale's Batman voice is annoying. And I don't think it's being blown out of proportion necessarily. Pretty much anyone I have talked to who loved the movie if they have had one complaint besides Maggie it's that. And based on some other boards I frequent as well as that yahoo article I'm definitely under the impression that a lot of people don't like it.

Da Joker
Meh, I like it, and that's all that matters to me. And Maggie was da bomb!

SelinaAndBruce
Ugh Maggie almost made me miss Katie Holmes. And that's a feat in itself.

Da Joker
More people thought she was good than bad, from what I've seen and read. Holmes is a horrible actress, Maggie isn't.

SelinaAndBruce
But Rachel Dawes is a horrible character, period. If Maggie had made the character more likable for me then I wouldn't have had a problem. But she didn't add anything to the character IMO except the believability that she might be in the same age range as Dent and Wayne. But that's it. She was an utterly fickle drip.

Bat Dude
But Rachel Dawes is a horrible character, period. If Maggie had made the character more likable for me then I wouldn't have had a problem. But she didn't add anything to the character IMO except the believability that she might be in the same age range as Dent and Wayne. But that's it. She was an utterly fickle drip.

Well, she DID have a sexy voice...

That's a redeeming quality, right?

SelinaAndBruce
Well, she DID have a sexy voice...

That's a redeeming quality, right?
Still having those secretary fantasies are we? wink laughing

Mairuzu
My opinion, its Bale hands down, George Cloony was a joke, val kilmer was.... sigh..

Bale can seriously play anything... SOLID SNAKE ANYONE!?

Da Joker

I hear foolish babbling and nothing more.

Da Joker
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c183/ferdalump/darkknight/0004x2a8.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c183/ferdalump/darkknight/batsuit/000hctfysy2.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c183/ferdalump/darkknight/batsuit/newbattysuit-1.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c183/ferdalump/Daily%20Brois/bruce/brucebook4.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c183/ferdalump/darkknight/book%20scans/scan1.jpg

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/443/2008thedarkknight019xr4.jpg

Mairuzu
cut it out with the big pictures

Da Joker
Shut up. You're not a Mod and you can't tell members not to post pics. I'm allowed to do so. Don't like it, shut up and get out of the thread.

Now, getting back to the topic, I absolutely hated George Clooney's Batman and now that I think about it, I should've added Conroy's Batman to the list.

http://www.flickscribe.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/batman-animated.jpg

Mairuzu
lol

Da Joker
I wonder if he'll return if they do another animated short for Batman....

Mairuzu
Hope not, that particular batman was shit.

Da Joker
I disagree, I thought Gotham Knight was pretty good (the first short is the only one that had animation that bothered me). However, next time it'd probably be best to go for an all out animated movie.

SelinaAndBruce
I hear foolish babbling and nothing more.
Your attitude is kind of rude and off putting huh

Mairuzu
I disagree, I thought Gotham Knight was pretty good (the first short is the only one that had animation that bothered me). However, next time it'd probably be best to go for an all out animated movie. I'm talking about the one you just posted. The others were fine.

Da Joker
Oh...you meant for that particular short...I do think the Bruce Wayne was off and at times looked like a female, but the costume was pretty cool.

Which short was your favorite?

Da Joker
Your attitude is kind of rude and off putting huh

http://www.mchenrycountyblog.com/uploaded_images/T-shirt-I-don't-care-785391.jpg

Scythe
http://frustrationnation.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/adam_west.jpg

Ahahahahaha! EPIC!!

I'd say my favorite Batman is Adam West, see above pic, look at it for three minutes and I dare you to not make explosion noises with your mouth!

Neo Darkhalen
Adam West was my favorite, damn he was good, and at least you could understand what he was saying which is more then what i can say for Bale, if you look at the whole the best batman was probably Keaton, but everyone has seen TDK, thought of it as a masterpiece (even though no one cares about batman in it, and you can't understand a word batman says) so everyone votes for him.......but the best batman for me was Adam West.

Da Joker
I understood everything he said and thought he was at the top of his game. Bale's Batman is the best.

Bat Dude
I understood everything he said and thought he was at the top of his game. Bale's Batman is the best.

Yeah, Bale is kool, but I wish he would have toned the rasp down... I didn't mind it in Begins (actually, I think he was near perfect in Begins), but in TDK, he went overboard on the rasp, and it hurt his character a little bit, for me at least...

demoneyeslaharl
Yeah, Bale is kool, but I wish he would have toned the rasp down... I didn't mind it in Begins (actually, I think he was near perfect in Begins), but in TDK, he went overboard on the rasp, and it hurt his character a little bit, for me at least...

I think the blame rests on the sound director... they admitted in adding a bit more bass to it... cranking it somewhat close to 'fear toxin Batman' sound.

I never minded Bale's voice either except until the end... but I excused it for a reason. Batman's frigging exhausted at that point... his voice was going to give out sooner or later.

Darth Martin
IMO Bale is best Wayne and Batman by a LARGE margin.

TheGame17

or u could just say your opinion is correct and everybody else is wrong. I do that all the time.

Christian Bale was the best..

Da Joker
Originally posted by demoneyeslaharl
I think the blame rests on the sound director... they admitted in adding a bit more bass to it... cranking it somewhat close to 'fear toxin Batman' sound.

I never minded Bale's voice either except until the end... but I excused it for a reason. Batman's frigging exhausted at that point... his voice was going to give out sooner or later.

Yeah, that's the only time it ever bothered me. Otherwise, it was pretty good.

SelinaAndBruce
It made me want to laugh at Batman at certain points. And his lips looked weird sometimes like the sound didn't match or he was puckering them. When the Joker had him pinned and he was like "what were you trying to prove, that deep down everyone is as ugly as you" I was like WTF is with his face and that voice? I dunno. It was bad to me.

Da Joker
Looked just fine to me.

Scythe
That really needs to be a gripe even the hardcore TDK fans must admit. I've met many TDK fans who clash with average Batman fans who are all convincing themselves that Bale's Batman voice was alright. It was the movie's realy gripe and it sorta hindered the atmosphere by taking you out of it. F*ck that, I payed to see Batman, not a psycho.

Da Joker
I really didn't have a problem with the voice at all. It was perfectly fine to me. But it's the fault of whoever edits the voice, he added too much whatever to it. It shouldn't happen the third time around.

Hey, if Bale comes back he'll be the first actor to dawn the role more than twice.

Scythe
I highly doubt one can put the blame on the "editing guy", his performance was just too much. I read an article in Wizard Magazine where Bale clearly stated he made up a Batman voice that everyone on set loved. Except the general public...

Da Joker
He was great as Bruce Wayne/Batman, the voice was good to me, I hate how everyone feels they have to hate it, etc etc.

Scythe
He was great as Bruce Wayne/Batman, the voice was good to me, I hate how everyone feels they have to hate it, etc etc.

Yeah, no. Don't assume everyone has to hate the Batman voice, it was just bad. Why can't you admit it? Many have. See for yourself.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/sns-ap-monday-movie-buzz-batman,0,7264652.story

Da Joker
Why do I have to agree it was bad because you don't like it? That's very backwards.

Scythe
Why do I have to agree it was bad because you don't like it? That's very backwards.

It was the film's biggest flaw, even hardcore fans saw this flaw.

People never seem to read that part and go on to glorify Bale's performance. He messed up on the Batman voice which is suppose to be cool, calm, collective, and badass.

Da Joker
So, because you think it's bad I have to?

Scythe
So, because you think it's bad I have to?

I'm not the only one who thinks so, thousands others have said it's horrible. You at times seem to vouch for Bale or pin it on something else. Did you really think it was great??

Da Joker
I liked it and thought it was great, that's my opinion and I'm sticking with it. I don't care what thousands have said.

Scythe
I liked it and thought it was great, that's my opinion and I'm sticking with it. I don't care what thousands have said.

Even when there's sound proof that it was flaws, well you are a trooper indeed.

It's gonna take Bale himself to say it was bad to fully convert everyone, just like Clooney announced he probably ended Batman's career onscreen and was the worst Batman.

Da Joker
Why do you seem to think your opinion is above mine?

Scythe
Why do you seem to think your opinion is above mine?

I think I just got whiplash from this thread...

Because my agreement, it's hardly an opinion anymore since the idea of Bale's bad Batman voice has reached newspapers, local news and critic overviews, is based on the foundation that it's been noted and made public. It's fine though, you can like it if you want, but I'm just letting you know the reviews on his voice are out there and plenty of people said it was bad.

Da Joker
I know that, but it doesn't effect me liking the voice, and I'll continue to because it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

Scythe
Which is a good thing I suppose, I'm just putting it out there that his voice was crap and at times ruined the film for many people, not just myself included.

Da Joker
Okay, but it's like you'e trying to force your opinion on me, which isn't cool at all.

Scythe
Okay, but it's like you'e trying to force your opinion on me, which isn't cool at all.

No, I'm not trying to do that at all, if I wanted to do that, I would've provided physical evidence that's been printed and reviewed by many as obligatory counter to your opinions.

Da Joker
I hope in time you hear how stupid it sounds that you can counter an opinion.

Scythe
I hope in time you hear how stupid it sounds that you can counter an opinion.

I'm really not trying to counter anyones opinion, just putting it out there for people to understand that people aren't hating his Batman voice just to hate something. There's reason behind it, ask Tired Hiker about Batman's voice.

Da Joker
Okay, I get it, a lot of people dislike the voice, a lot of people like the voice, that's that, it's all about opinions. He's still the best Batman to date in my eyes.

Scythe
Okay, I get it, a lot of people dislike the voice, a lot of people like the voice, that's that, it's all about opinions. He's still the best Batman to date in my eyes.

That is correct, to your eyes.

Da Joker
Yes, as it's my opinion. None of the other Batman's got as deep into the character as Bale. I felt he brought more depth to Batman and more importantly, to Bruce Wayne.

Scythe
Alright, it seems like you've stated that already in this thread.

Da Joker
As it seems you've already stated the voice was horrible and that you need to force it down my throat.

Scythe
If you saw it as that, then you have my apologies, but it happens.

Da Joker
Moving on, Conroy's Batman was pretty cool, really badass to the point he almost seems superhuman.

Mr Parker
Wow never thought West would get as many as he did and be in second.Well cant blame people for picking him as their favorite cause he got it all started and he is still good for the laughs.LOL.For me its Bale,hands down,no contest,heres why.
Keaton while he was a good Batman,he did look good under the mask,he was a horrible Bruce Wayne.Had the total wrong build,looked nothing like the part which is crucial for Batman, and acted nothing like Bruce Wayne.He just copied Chris Reeves great performance as superman being a goofy dork as Clark Kent but macho and cool as superman which is not Bruce Wayne at all.

Kilmer was a much better Bruce Wayne.He looked the part and had the right build and everything and was great when portraying Bruce Wayne.He acted like him as well being cool and suave with the women as Bruce Wayne does in the comics.But he wasnt a very good Batman though,he was a bad Batman.

Where Bale was awesome as BOTH Batman AND Bruce Wayne.He nailed the character of Bruce Wayne,acted like him,had the right look,right build and everything.He became Bruce Wayne.He was amazing in his performance as Batman as well.Imtimidating presence,great voice,everything.so He is really the one and only true Bruce Wayne/Batman to have played the role so far.There might be someone down the road in the future when maybe they reboot the series again say 20 years or so who is as great as both Bruce wayne and Batman but so far,he's the one and only true Bruce Wayne/Batman to have donned the cape and cowl. smile

SelinaAndBruce
Kilmer to me was incredibly wooden as Bruce Wayne and awkward as well. For a playboy it sure took him a long time to be able to get the courage up to ask Chase out and he did it quite strangely. And he was losing his girl to Batman, lol

Da Joker
Man, I'm anxious to see Bale's Batman for a third time, will he break the horrible curse that there has been no actor to reprise the role three times?

Toku King
Conroy, baby, Conroy.

Da Joker
He is THE voice of Batman, that's for sure.

RevoWution™©®
Clooney rocked my socks off!!

"Hi Freeze. I'm Batman!!" = Best Batman line. EVER!

Da Joker
I pray you're joking. He was the ****ing worst Batman ever and Clooney is a ****.

RevoWution™©®
I pray you're joking. He was the ****ing worst Batman ever and Clooney is a ****.

Haha you would be pleased to know that I am joking lol.

Christian Bale is my favourite Batman, followed by Michael Keaton.

stick out tongue

Da Joker
That's better...131

http://www.quizilla.com/user_images/P/PA/PAI/paintballaz/1150685065_bale_batman_arms1_sm.jpg

http://www.hollywoodchicago.com/uploaded_images/darkknight_batman.jpg

Strangelove
I have a soft spot for the Burton films, but Bale still does the best job of acting the playboy of Bruce Wayne.

The voice he uses for Batman is just overkill though. But he does the Dark Avenger quite well.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Strangelove
I have a soft spot for the Burton films, but Bale still does the best job of acting the playboy of Bruce Wayne.

The voice he uses for Batman is just overkill though. But he does the Dark Avenger quite well.

I think the voice, though it might sound weird on screen, would actually be quite a good choice if you were Batman. I mean, you have to remember that the criminals he talks to are not just bystanders thinking about the aesthetic aspects of Batman's voice, but guys that are already shitting themselves cause a 2 meter Bat that's known not to hold back very much is coming after them. And it does disguise Bruce Wayne's voice excellently.

Da Joker
It does indeed, and that's why I like the voice so much. It distinguishes Batman from Bruce Wayne that much more, and if Batman were real, he'd have to do that for real. Afterall, you want the trail to be as cold as possible, right?

Strangelove
Originally posted by Bardock42
I think the voice, though it might sound weird on screen, would actually be quite a good choice if you were Batman. I mean, you have to remember that the criminals he talks to are not just bystanders thinking about the aesthetic aspects of Batman's voice, but guys that are already shitting themselves cause a 2 meter Bat that's known not to hold back very much is coming after them. And it does disguise Bruce Wayne's voice excellently. it just gets so grating after a while, I wasn't saying the voice didn't have its merits.

Da Joker
The only time it bugged me was at the end when he was talking to the Joker and when he was talking to Gordon and he was really tired.

SelinaAndBruce
Kilmer to me was the worst Batman. Clooney could have done a better job IMO if he had a better movie to act in. He's a better actor than Val Kilmer and I think that was apparent in the emotional scenes with Alfred, but Batman and Robin sucked so much there was nothing his performance could have done for that crap.

Almighty Bauer
My favourite by far was Bale. Keaton was in pretty bad shape (for Batman) and was an unconvincing Batman. Kilmer was in a crap film, and wore glasses. Having said that, his costume was OK; I'd forgotten that, and he didn't act half as badly as Clooney, whose Batman was a complete disaster. I'm not even going to justify my saying that, because I'm sure everyone's heard it all before.
Bale, meanwhile, was a great Bruce Wayne, first and foremost, and a convincing Batman too.

SelinaAndBruce
Wow someone saying Val Kilmer's Batman costume was okay? The beginning of the Batnips? LOL

SelinaAndBruce
Here are a couple of cool shots I think of Keaton as Batman. I think he really wore the cowl well and looked menacing.
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u221/photosandcream/keaton_batman_returns.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b189/alex-hick/Batman_keaton_89.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/jmichel7822/heroes/MICHAELKEATON.bmp
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll318/saturn3_1965/batman-returns.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f224/budakhan/batman_1989_1992_01.jpg

Almighty Bauer
Wow someone saying Val Kilmer's Batman costume was okay? The beginning of the Batnips? LOL
I was looking at Keaton! embarrasment

Da Joker
Originally posted by Almighty Bauer
My favourite by far was Bale. Keaton was in pretty bad shape (for Batman) and was an unconvincing Batman. Kilmer was in a crap film, and wore glasses. Having said that, his costume was OK; I'd forgotten that, and he didn't act half as badly as Clooney, whose Batman was a complete disaster. I'm not even going to justify my saying that, because I'm sure everyone's heard it all before.
Bale, meanwhile, was a great Bruce Wayne, first and foremost, and a convincing Batman too.

Bale just seems to have a real "I'm an arrogant rich brat" look about him, and that's what makes his Bruce Wayne work so well. His Batman was a true fighter, and was definitely the most convincing yet. He stepped it up in TDK, and was an incredible Batman. I can't wait to see his return for a third movie.

Mr Parker

true dat.He easily takes that title by a long shot.

Jovan
Keaton was in pretty bad shape (for Batman)
But on the commentary that's the exact thing they searched for: a guy that absolutely needs the costume to look menacing. Without it, he looks like a guy you can just blow away, but when he takes on the suit, he's menacing.

Da Joker
Are you telling me Keaton was menacing? 131

Mr Parker

well said,boy aint that the true about keaton.He sure was in pretty bad shape for the role. big grin and definetely was an unconvincing Batman.If I saw a short runt like that in a dark alley,I would keel over and start laughing my butt off. laughing I would hardly be intimidated by him at all.yeah the costume was good and made him look good underneath I will admit that.He was even more unconvincing as Bruce wayne.yeah till Bale came along, Kilmer was the best.He had the right build and look of Bruce wayne and was very good as Bruce Wayne.

I got chills and goosebumps down my body when he was describing how he became batman.That was when he was best in his acting was as bruce wayne cause thats when he had all the serious lines which he delivered very well on.I think if he had been given a more serious script to work with he would have been great in the role as batman as well.Like you said,he had a crappy film to work with and most his lines as batman were corny so he couldnt do much with it.The times he DID have serious lines to read as Batman such as when he said to Robin-If Bruce wayne could have given his life to save them he would have.He sounded good as well.So if he had a more serious script to work with,I think he would have excelled as Batman as well. Clooney was just horrible as Both Bruce wayne and batman.No need to go into detail on how he was the worst.everybody knows that.Oh just so you know,all the actors at one time in the films-keaton,kilmer and clooney wore glasses at least in one scene. wink Seemed to be a Burton/schumacher thing going on.Of course I totally agree in everything you mentioned about Bale as well. wink

Jovan
Are you telling me Keaton was menacing? 131
hell no, he looks like a pussy... what I wrote was that he looked like a pussy thus he NEEDS the batman suit

bakerboy
Well, keaton and Kilmer wore glasses, but not bale and clooney.

Bale is the best batman ever. He is the true batman on screen, not match. Keaton was a joke because he doesnt look the part and his batman was totally unmenacing and unconvinging and out of sharpe. I was only watching a small guy trying to be batman in a costume with lifts. And his wayne was even more a joke. A wimpy clone of chris reeve's clark kent who even doesnt rememberr who is him or where are the places in his own house. Come on, that guy was a great mistake as batman.

Kilmer was unconvincing for me but at least he looked the part and his wayne was way better than keaton's. Plus, he was a much better fighter than keaton and his action scenes were more convincing. Clooney was a total joke, he was playing himself all the time, his voice was the same all the time. Come on, he wasnt acting in that movie. He was the worst.

bakerboy
Clooney a better actor than kilmer??? Only watch the doors, tombstone and heat.

Almighty Bauer
Originally posted by Mr Parker
well said,boy aint that the true about keaton.He sure was in pretty bad shape for the role. big grin and definetely was an unconvincing Batman.If I saw a short runt like that in a dark alley,I would keel over and start laughing my butt off. laughing I would hardly be intimidated by him at all.yeah the costume was good and made him look good underneath I will admit that.He was even more unconvincing as Bruce wayne.yeah till Bale came along, Kilmer was the best.He had the right build and look of Bruce wayne and was very good as Bruce Wayne.

I got chills and goosebumps down my body when he was describing how he became batman.That was when he was best in his acting was as bruce wayne cause thats when he had all the serious lines which he delivered very well on.I think if he had been given a more serious script to work with he would have been great in the role as batman as well.Like you said,he had a crappy film to work with and most his lines as batman were corny so he couldnt do much with it.The times he DID have serious lines to read as Batman such as when he said to Robin-If Bruce wayne could have given his life to save them he would have.He sounded good as well.So if he had a more serious script to work with,I think he would have excelled as Batman as well. Clooney was just horrible as Both Bruce wayne and batman.No need to go into detail on how he was the worst.everybody knows that.Oh just so you know,all the actors at one time in the films-keaton,kilmer and clooney wore glasses at least in one scene. wink Seemed to be a Burton/schumacher thing going on.Of course I totally agree in everything you mentioned about Bale as well. wink

Sure thing, "boy". no expression

bakerboy
Its me or this bauer dude looks pretty dumb and annoying???

Toku King
Originally posted by Jovan
hell no, he looks like a pussy... what I wrote was that he looked like a pussy thus he NEEDS the batman suit

Actually, he was pretty intimidating, even as Bruce Wayne.
http://www.geocities.com/~talotta/Batman/ret4.jpg

Jovan
he looks like he just realized he shitted his pants ...

Toku King
Originally posted by Jovan
he looks like he just realized he shitted his pants ...

So I take it that you shit your pants? Because you apparently know what it looks like.

bakerboy
Menacing as bruce wayne??? Keaton??? Thanks for the laugh of the day. Keaton , some 5'9 dude out of sharpe, wearing a wig and being a total dumbass was menacing??? And menacing with a batman costume on lifts?? What a joke.

Jovan
Originally posted by Toku King
So I take it that you shit your pants? Because you apparently know what it looks like.
if there is one look that I'll make when that happens... it'll be what keaton did on that pic wink

Bat Dude
Originally posted by bakerboy
Menacing as bruce wayne??? Keaton??? Thanks for the laugh of the day. Keaton , some 5'9 dude out of sharpe, wearing a wig and being a total dumbass was menacing??? And menacing with a batman costume on lifts?? What a joke.

You always bring that up, in every Keaton Batman discussion... It's growing old very fast...

You can NEVER just let it go, can you?

bakerboy
Not because truth is truth. The truth was that Keaton was wrong for the role and doesnt look anything as batman or bruce wayne.

Bouboumaster
Adam West ftw

SelinaAndBruce
Not because truth is truth. The truth was that Keaton was wrong for the role and doesnt look anything as batman or bruce wayne.
How is that the truth instead of just your opinion? laughing out loud

bakerboy
Not, in this case is the truth. Keaton didnt look the part at all, fact.

Almighty Bauer
Not, in this case is the truth. Keaton didnt look the part at all, fact.

No, no! You're doing it all wrong. When pretending that your biased opinion is fact, you're meant to add the word "fact" in an entirely new sentence, par exemple:
You're talking bollocks. Fact.

bakerboy
Hahaha, this Bauer dude is getting more and more ridiculous with each new message. Go, Bauer, Go.

Facts are facts. Show me a comic with batman and bruce wayne looking like Michael Keaton. Only one.

Almighty Bauer
Hahaha, this Bauer dude is getting more and more ridiculous with each new message. Go, Bauer, Go.

Facts are facts. Show me a comic with batman and bruce wayne looking like Michael Keaton. Only one.
I didn't like Michael Keaton's Batman, though I'm sure there are some comics (probably late '80s, early '90s comics, trying to try in with the films) with a "Keatonesque" Bruce Wayne. I was telling you that that was merely an opinion, and certainly not a fact, as you claimed it to be.

bakerboy
Dude, that is false, its bullshit. Batman never looked as Michael Keaton in the comics,never. not in the 80s or in the 90s or in the 70s, never. He was casted because he was a good friend of Burton and Burton was confortable working with him and he believed in his talent as an actor, but not for looking the part at all.

But Christian bale looks the part a lot, i could show many comics with batman and wayne looking like bale. And not only that, he is a great actor, even better than keaton( who is a great actor, but wrong for the role), so he is almost perfect for the role.

Almighty Bauer
Dude, that is false, its bullshit. Batman never looked as Michael Keaton in the comics,never. not in the 80s or in the 90s or in the 70s, never. He was casted because he was a good friend of Burton and Burton was confortable working with him and he believed in his talent as an actor, but not for looking the part at all.

But Christian bale looks the part a lot, i could show many comics with batman and wayne looking like bale. And not only that, he is a great actor, even better than keaton( who is a great actor, but wrong for the role), so he is almost perfect for the role.
I agree that Bale is a great actor and, indeed, there have been times when Bruce Wayne has looked like Bale in the comics. I do, however, doubt sincerely that you have read every Batman comic in history and can definitively tell me, without a doubt, that Bruce Wayne has never been drawn to resemble Michael Keaton.

bakerboy
Im a batman fan and i have read tons of batman comics. Every batman comic? Impossible, nobody couldnt say that has read every batman comics. but for the batman comics that i have read, and there are tons, batman or Wayne never looked like michael keaton. I could say to you that the bruce wayne in the begining, late 30s and first and mid 40s was less athletic than usually, but different from keaton all the way.

Almighty Bauer
Im a batman fan and i have read tons of batman comics. Every batman comic? Impossible, nobody couldnt say that has read every batman comics. but for the batman comics that i have read, and there are tons, batman or Wayne never looked like michael keaton. I could say to you that the bruce wayne in the begining, late 30s and first and mid 40s was less athletic than usually, but different from keaton all the way.
A) I'm sure someone, somewhere has read every Batman comic.
B) Did you just suggest Bruce Wayne's in his 40s? I'm pretty sure even now he's only about 35 in the so-called "DCU".

bakerboy
Im talking about decades, not about his age.

It could be that someone could read every batman comic in the last 70 years, its pretty difficult but it could be. But im following the different batman stages in the comics, with the different writters and artists, and for what i have seen, he never looked like michael keaton.

Almighty Bauer
Im talking about decades, not about his age.

It could be that someone could read every batman comic in the last 70 years, its pretty difficult but it could be. But im following the different batman stages in the comics, with the different writters and artists, and for what i have seen, he never looked like michael keaton.
I'm fairly certain that this argument is futile, as neither of us can prove our opinion correct.

Mr Parker
Its me or this bauer dude looks pretty dumb and annoying???

yeah you've proved that bauer dude is looking dumb.he made that BOY comment which i take it is applying that I am you as that just shows his ignorance right there.

Mr Parker

i know. those keaton/burton apologists are hysterical wehn they grasp at straws and say he was menacing as bruce wayne or batman. laughing laughing laughing laughing thats a great one. laughing

Mr Parker
You always bring that up, in every Keaton Batman discussion... It's growing old very fast...

You can NEVER just let it go, can you?

well this IS a best batman thread so naturally its going to be brought up. wink thats why i agree with what that second poster said on the first page that this thread should be closed because like he said,this discussion has been done to death.

Toku King

That's opinion, not truth.

Mr Parker

exactly.FACTS not opinion.deal with it.Keaton was NEVER the pudgy belly, half bald, receding hairline guy keaton was. laughing FACT.Any true batman fan knows that to be FACT and also knows it to be FACT that Burton only cast keaton cause he was friends with him and felt comfortable working with him and did not care about making the best casting choice possible. roll eyes (sarcastic) and like you said,check out those other movies you listed that Kilmer was in.That shows what a good actor he is.especially The Doors.Mr Er man Clooney has hardly done anything impressive in his career.

Its not even worthwhile arguing with some clown who loves keaton so much in his movies that he makes up stuff that he was menacing and intimidating as Bruce Wayne.. laughing laughing I'll never live that one down.I guess if "I" were a short runt like Keaton is at 5'9" I might be intimidated by him in a dark alley but Im quite taller than that so I would laugh my ass off if I saw that short puny runt in a dark alley as would countless others my size as well.FACT.. laughing

The facts are if your making a BATMAN movie,Keaton sucked in that role since he didnt even come close to fiting the part.when you dont even look the part,you bring no credibility to the role no matter how good your acting is.thats something they just dont get though. roll eyes (sarcastic) and keaton as any batman fan knows,acted nothing like bruce wayne only acting like chris reeve copying HIS performance..Kilmer at LEAST acted like he did and at LEAST looked the part so at least people who liked Kilmer as bruce wayne at least have good sound reasonings behind their arguments unlike the keaton apologists.

The FACTS are if Keaton was as amazing as Batman as people like to believe he was,there wouldnt be so many outrage over his casting choice not only on this message board,but practically everywhere else you go you see the same thing as well from people saying the same things. roll eyes (sarcastic) I dont know why I even bother though,the facts always go ignored.
Now if Keaton had like a gun in those scenes and made people scared,well THEN the keaton apologists would have a sound reasoning argument for him being menacing and intimidating as the ones that have been mentioned,they're hysterical and great for laughs. laughing priceless entertainment.ESPECIALLY the one from toko king that he was even menacing as Bruce wayne.priceless!!!!!!!!!! I love it.

Like Jovan said so well,he had to put on the costume to even look intimidating and like i said,he's such a short runt,he couldnt look intimidating to a big bad guy in a dark alley.I know I wouldbnt be.Now if Keaton had a GUN in a dark alley? well THAT would be a different story and I WOULD be intimidated by him if I had no gun and I would not go down that alley to face him.thats why I dont even bother with that Toko King guy anymore,he's hilarious in his logic. laughing Bale IS tall and Big like Batman is in the comics at 6'2" with a muscular build.Now HIM I "WOULD" be intimidated by in a dark alley and would find menacing.

class dismissed. big grin

Da Joker
You guys are taking this a little too seriously, it's only meant to be a friendly discussion, not an all out debate.

Bat Dude
exactly.FACTS not opinion.deal with it.Keaton was NEVER the pudgy belly, half bald, receding hairline guy keaton was. laughing FACT.Any true batman fan knows that to be FACT and also knows it to be FACT that Burton only cast keaton cause he was friends with him and felt comfortable working with him and did not care about making the best casting choice possible. roll eyes (sarcastic) and like you said,check out those other movies you listed that Kilmer was in.That shows what a good actor he is.especially The Doors.Mr Er man Clooney has hardly done anything impressive in his career.

Its not even worthwhile arguing with some clown who loves keaton so much in his movies that he makes up stuff that he was menacing and intimidating as Bruce Wayne.. laughing laughing I'll never live that one down.I guess if "I" were a short runt like Keaton is at 5'9" I might be intimidated by him in a dark alley but Im quite taller than that so I would laugh my ass off if I saw that short puny runt in a dark alley as would countless others my size as well.FACT.. laughing

The facts are if your making a BATMAN movie,Keaton sucked in that role since he didnt even come close to fiting the part.when you dont even look the part,you bring no credibility to the role no matter how good your acting is.thats something they just dont get though. roll eyes (sarcastic) and keaton as any batman fan knows,acted nothing like bruce wayne only acting like chris reeve copying HIS performance..Kilmer at LEAST acted like he did and at LEAST looked the part so at least people who liked Kilmer as bruce wayne at least have good sound reasonings behind their arguments unlike the keaton apologists.

The FACTS are if Keaton was as amazing as Batman as people like to believe he was,there wouldnt be so many outrage over his casting choice not only on this message board,but practically everywhere else you go you see the same thing as well from people saying the same things. roll eyes (sarcastic) I dont know why I even bother though,the facts always go ignored.
Now if Keaton had like a gun in those scenes and made people scared,well THEN the keaton apologists would have a sound reasoning argument for him being menacing and intimidating as the ones that have been mentioned,they're hysterical and great for laughs. laughing priceless entertainment.ESPECIALLY the one from toko king that he was even menacing as Bruce wayne.priceless!!!!!!!!!! I love it.

Like Jovan said so well,he had to put on the costume to even look intimidating and like i said,he's such a short runt,he couldnt look intimidating to a big bad guy in a dark alley.I know I wouldbnt be.Now if Keaton had a GUN in a dark alley? well THAT would be a different story and I WOULD be intimidated by him if I had no gun and I would not go down that alley to face him.thats why I dont even bother with that Toko King guy anymore,he's hilarious in his logic. laughing Bale IS tall and Big like Batman is in the comics at 6'2" with a muscular build.Now HIM I "WOULD" be intimidated by in a dark alley and would find menacing.

class dismissed. big grin

I found a broken record today... It won't stop playing that one song...

Da Joker
Bat Dude, which costume did you like the best out of the Batmen?

I'd say Bale's costume from TDK was pretty cool. I also really liked the armor Batman had in the Gotham Knight short "Field Test" and in "Crossfire".

Bat Dude
Bat Dude, which costume did you like the best out of the Batmen?

I'd say Bale's costume from TDK was pretty cool. I also really liked the armor Batman had in the Gotham Knight short "Field Test" and in "Crossfire".

http://www.batmannews.de/gotham_city_central/batcave/pics/suit_batman_br.jpg

Still my favorite Batsuit...

Da Joker
I can respect that.

http://www.superherostuff.com/characters/Batman/batman_dark_knight_movie_stand_on_cop_car.jpg

In my humble opinion, Bale's Batman has the best Batmobile to date, I guess I just like that it's huge and tank like. The Batpod was awesome as well.

SelinaAndBruce
The Returns suit is still my fave

SelinaAndBruce
And seriously, I don't know why some people think it's impossible that people thought Keaton was a good Batman. I've still got guy friends who like Batman and have read the comics and still prefer Keaton's Batman. People have different opinions.

Mr Parker
I found a broken record today... It won't stop playing that one song...

funny that you mention that cause I hear the same broken record from the keaton apologists who always play the same hilarious song that he was a good bruce wayne/batman whenever one of these threads gets created. laughing laughing

Mr Parker
http://www.batmannews.de/gotham_city_central/batcave/pics/suit_batman_br.jpg

Still my favorite Batsuit...

I actually agree with you on that.I mean it actually made puny, short, pudgy belly keaton actually look pretty cool in the suit.That itself is an amazing feat. big grin

Bat Dude
funny that you mention that cause I hear the same broken record from the keaton apologists who always play the same hilarious song that he was a good bruce wayne/batman whenever one of these threads gets created. laughing laughing

He WAS a good Batman... I agree with you that his Bruce Wayne wasn't exactly "comic" Bruce, it took major liberties, but movies don't always have to be "pure, by the book, comic adaptations"... That's why they're MOVIES, so they don't infringe on the comics themselves...

I mean, in Superman I, Lex Luthor had hair... He didn't have hair in the comics when that movie was released, thus he was a bad Luthor, right? Wrong...

And Begins, that had Ras training Bruce... He never trained Bruce in the comics when that movie was released, thus he was a bad Ras, right? Wrong...

And in TDK, Joker wore make up... He never wore make up in the comics, thus he was a bad Joker, right? VERY WRONG...

Mr Parker
He WAS a good Batman... I agree with you that his Bruce Wayne wasn't exactly "comic" Bruce, it took major liberties, but movies don't always have to be "pure, by the book, comic adaptations"... That's why they're MOVIES, so they don't infringe on the comics themselves...

I mean, in Superman I, Lex Luthor had hair... He didn't have hair in the comics when that movie was released, thus he was a bad Luthor, right? Wrong...

And Begins, that had Ras training Bruce... He never trained Bruce in the comics when that movie was released, thus he was a bad Ras, right? Wrong...

And in TDK, Joker wore make up... He never wore make up in the comics, thus he was a bad Joker, right? VERY WRONG...

Ive never said that Keaton wasnt good as Batman.I've always given him credit for his voicework in changing his voice as Batman.I just hate that laughable and hysterical argument that comes up that he was intimidating and menacing as Batman for the reasons already mentioned.thats grasping at straws. laughing

and as far as superman goe,yeah Lex did have the wig on.But the important thing is that we at least got to see him at the end with the wig off.Thats why I liked superman two even more so cause we got to see him bald a lot more in the very beginning.very smart of them to do that.

Im confused as hell what your talking about here about joker never wearing makeup in the comics.I cant ever remember him NOT wearing makeup in the comics.Unless your talking about that stupid black junk Ledger was wearing on his eyes? That was never joker in the comics and you already know my anger and outrage at Nolan for not sticking to the comics making Ledger have the traditional look of the joker.something that even that idiot Burton did right.

I always said that wouldnt ruin the movie for me-even though countless fools used to come on my joker thread in the past belittling me and other people who didnt accept the new version of the joker in the dark knight. roll eyes (sarcastic) so I dont know what your point is about joker in the dark knight.I always said I will never like his new look "but that I also always made it clear that his new look would hardly ruin the movie for me like so many ignorant people kept coming on implying back then that it would for some reason."

Bat Dude
Ive never said that Keaton wasnt good as Batman.I've always given him credit for his voicework in changing his voice as Batman.I just hate that laughable and hysterical argument that comes up that he was intimidating and menacing as Batman for the reasons already mentioned.thats grasping at straws. laughing

and as far as superman goe,yeah Lex did have the wig on.But the important thing is that we at least got to see him at the end with the wig off.Thats why I liked superman two even more so cause we got to see him bald a lot more in the very beginning.very smart of them to do that.

Im confused as hell what your talking about here about joker never wearing makeup in the comics.I cant ever remember him NOT wearing makeup in the comics.Unless your talking about that stupid black junk Ledger was wearing on his eyes? That was never joker in the comics and you already know my anger and outrage at Nolan for not sticking to the comics making Ledger have the traditional look of the joker.something that even that idiot Burton did right.

I always said that wouldnt ruin the movie for me-even though countless fools used to come on my joker thread in the past belittling me and other people who didnt accept the new version of the joker in the dark knight. roll eyes (sarcastic) so I dont know what your point is about joker in the dark knight.I always said I will never like his new look "but that I also always made it clear that his new look would hardly ruin the movie for me like so many ignorant people kept coming on implying back then that it would for some reason."

Joker never wore make up in the regular comics... It's always been chemically induced... His skin is actually chalk white, his lips are actually red, and his hair is actually green... You didn't know that? confused

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>