AVP Aliens vs Starship Troopers Bugs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

[EC] Icarus II
100 Aliens vs 100 of the Bugs from Starship Troopers (the same kind that stabs Rico)! Which species falls?

Jedireaper
Aliens fall, arachnid bugs kick ass!

ragesRemorse
The Arachnids lose. The Xenomorph's structure gives them more versatility in their movements. They can walk both, upright or scurry on all fours. They are incredibly fast and bleed acid. Anytime an arachnid takes down a xenomorph, it will ultimately die as well. The arachnids have to use their legs or mouth to kill their enemies. Biting into an acid filled twinkie is going to give you more than indigestion, it will give you death.

SnakeEyes
It's been a while since I've seen Starship Troopers, but didn't the bugs in that movie have some sort of acidic blood as well?

ragesRemorse
i dont think so. I remember that on several occasions soldiers were covered in bug blood.

SnakeEyes
Yeah, you're right. The part I was thinking of was the flame-spewing bug that burned some soldiers. Nevermind!

[EC] Icarus II
Now let's take it to the next level. Since the bugs have an advantage on numbers and it was pretty much taken away on the 100 bugs vs. 100 aliens battle, lets give both sides all their advantages (disadvantages) and pit them against each other (e.g. numbers and intelligence vs. skill and power)

deathbycorn
Aliens would win because of the acid blood. But if the battle took place on Planet P, the sheer ammount of Arachnids would overpower the Xenomorphs.

Mindship
Bugs for the win. Aliens go down easy from pulse-rifle fire, whereas the Bugs were really tough sonzabitches to bring down.

Acid blood seems inconsistent in its effects.

Robtard
Exactly, as NPH (he's gay BTW) said, "your basic Arachnid warrior isn't too smart, but you can blow off a limb, and it's still 86 percent combat effective."

I also can't see a single xeno taking down a bug without sustaining mortal or incapacitating wounds itself. While the bugs kill by either bite or stabbing with one of it's legs, and the acid on the later wouldn't take it out.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
i dont think so. I remember that on several occasions soldiers were covered in bug blood. Yup. Not much to look at after you scrape them off your boot.

Impediment
The Xenomorphs win solely because of their natural defense: acid blood.

The bugs may kill them, but the bugs will also die. The Xenomorphs are far more aggressive and tough, in my opinion.

Also, what happens if a Facehugger gets a hold of a bug?

[EC] Icarus II
Keep in mind that the Bug's have those big Tanker Bugs, too. The Tanker Bugs could shoot disintegrating flames and wipe out hundreds of Xenomorphs in a single shot. How would the Xenomorphs take out Tanker Bugs without getting massacred?

Utrigita
In what kind of environment are they fighting?

[EC] Icarus II
Originally posted by Utrigita
In what kind of environment are they fighting?

Anywhere they would battle in a war. It could be Klendathu, or it could be an Alien infested/controlled world.

Robtard
If it's all out war, then the bugs for sure. Plasma bugs, Tanker bugs, the flying ones and there are several others, they definitely have the diversity of troops.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Impediment
The Xenomorphs win solely because of their natural defense: acid blood.

The bugs may kill them, but the bugs will also die.

Based on... what? If an Alien gets sliced in fecking half he may lose a lef, but as we've all seen even a bug with a missing leg is still able to keep fighting, and there's no proof that bugs would be affected by the aci as badly as Humanoids are. Their skin is much tougher.

Eh, I disagree.

Nothing. Their mouths are at the end of a long snout-ish thingy, there's no way a face hugger would even be able to wrap itself around a Bug, they;re too big. It'd be like watching a facehugger try to get ahold of a Crocodile. Their anatomies disable a face hugger from being able to do anything.

ragesRemorse
The physical structuring of the xenomorph make them far more agile than the bugs. However, if this is a full on xenomorph vs bug war, Based on the movie incarnations. I would be insane to say that the Xenomorphs can win. The bugs have to much going on in their arsenal. If this were the comic xenomorphs, The bugs would be destroyed with ease.

The only hope that the xenomorphs have is the facehuggers. By the time the eggs that the facehuggers layed in the bugs have gestated, it would be to late. However, It is possible that the Xenomorphs would never be destroyed because of the facehuggers. Are the Bugs smart enough to realize that after a facehugger lays an egg they are going to die...,are they smart enough to even realize that the facehuggers are laying eggs? I don't know, but i would doubt it. Either way, the Bugs just have to much fire power and diversity in their army. If it's just the arachnids against the xenomorphs, the xenomorphs win with ease, but an army of humanoid xenomorphs against the bug army seems to one sided.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk

Nothing. Their mouths are at the end of a long snout-ish thingy, there's no way a face hugger would even be able to wrap itself around a Bug, they;re too big. It'd be like watching a facehugger try to get ahold of a Crocodile. Their anatomies disable a face hugger from being able to do anything.

A facehugger layed an egg in a crocodile before laughing out loud

I believe it was batman/aliens

Blax_Hydralisk
The only hope that the xenomorphs have is the facehuggers. By the time the eggs that the facehuggers layed in the bugs have gestated, it would be to late.

Well... how do we know it'd work on a bug o begin with? Bugs are different from humans and other animals in that they are controlled via hive mind. If a bug were to be infected and a bug/Alien hybrid were born, since the alien inherits many of the hosts characteristics it might be be under the control of the Brain Bug, as long as we're using speculation.

Aside from that, a bug would not be afraid to kill itself if it was infected if a brain bug ordered it to, which it would since the brain bug is sentient and would understand what is going on.

Well, considering that they managed to outsmart all of Humanity... I'd say yes?

And another thing that people seem to be forgetting is that Aliens win most oftheir battles due to human stupidity. Getting snuk up on, afraid to shoot the hull, can't see int he dark, etc. Aliens rely on the element of surprise to win most of their battles, they get mowed down otherwise.

In this scenario they're fighting an enemy that is also animalistic and is used to fighting in dark and other such spaces. Without the element of surprise the Aliens will lose.

Blax_Hydralisk
A facehugger layed an egg in a crocodile before laughing out loud

I believe it was batman/aliens

Is that the one whre Joker got eaten by an Alien?

And Superman was killed by an Alien once. no expression

... I wouldn't take those comics to seriously.

ragesRemorse
Well... how do we know it'd work on a bug o begin with? Bugs are different from humans and other animals in that they are controlled via hive mind. If a bug were to be infected and a bug/Alien hybrid were born, since the alien inherits many of the hosts characteristics it might be be under the control of the Brain Bug, as long as we're using speculation.

Aside from that, a bug would not be afraid to kill itself if it was infected if a brain bug ordered it to, which it would since the brain bug is sentient and would understand what is going on.

Well, considering that they managed to outsmart all of Humanity... I'd say yes?

And another thing that people seem to be forgetting is that Aliens win most oftheir battles due to human stupidity. Getting snuk up on, afraid to shoot the hull, can't see int he dark, etc. Aliens rely on the element of surprise to win most of their battles, they get mowed down otherwise.

In this scenario they're fighting an enemy that is also animalistic and is used to fighting in dark and other such spaces. Without the element of surprise the Aliens will lose.

The Aliens greatest strength is their adaptability. The sole purpose of their existence is to survive and breed, just like ants. The unique aspect of the facehuggers is that their eggs are able to gestate and bond with almost any living host. This is often thoroughly explained in the comics. There are very few species that they are able to bond with.

Off topic, this is because The Predators engineered them to be so adaptable.

Ok back on topic. A new species is created each time a facehuggers egg breeds in the host of a new species. So, a human host results in a humanoid xenomorph that we are familiar with in the movie's. I wouldn't even bring this up as an advantage that the Aliens have, but it is obviously addressed in the god awful avp;R.

Saying that the Xenomorphs win because of human error is a good point, but the same can be said for the bugs in starship troopers. Both the xenomorphs and bugs are often referred as and insinuated to be "perfect" where as the advantage and disadvantage of humanity is their imperfectness. The Aliens also communicate with one another in the same fashion that bugs do. The Xenomorphs use telepathy to communicate and are influenced by the queens will and their purpose to protect the queen.

You may say that the xenomorphs are gunned down when their not running around in the darkness, but using the darkness as camouflage shows incredible cunningness. The Aliens are very intelligent but also serve their individual purpose. When they are commanded to go into battle and die as pawns, they do. However, they are also aware enough to realize that cutting off electricity leaves them blind and disoriented. They are also intelligent enough to understand the concept of sneaking. I wouldn't say that the humans in "Aliens" were stupid, but that the Aliens were just smarter. The aliens not only cut off their transportation and their electricity but they also figured out how to get around the barricade that the marines set up and take them by surprise. Also, The bugs in starship troppers do nothing BUT die. They use their numbers to their advantage. Just like the Queen, the Brain bugs sends its pawns into battle to die until their superior numbers succeed. I don't think you are acknowledging the intelligence that the Aliens have displayed in the movie's. I'm not saying their smarter than the bugs, but at least, just as smart and definitely more cunning because where the bugs are tied to will of the brain bug, the aliens can also think for themselves when not being willed by the queen.

About the brain bug sensing the facehuggers egg, it's very possible and a very good point so that may take away the Aliens advantage of assimilating the Bugs.

ragesRemorse
Is that the one whre Joker got eaten by an Alien?

And Superman was killed by an Alien once. no expression

... I wouldn't take those comics to seriously.

laughing out loud

yeah, other than the Aliens vs predator crossover any cross over with the aliens is trash, but i was just sayin laughing out loud

I'm not sure if the joker was killed by an alien in the first or second batman/aliens crossover, but yeah he was killed lol.

have you read any of the other Aliens comics, though?

[EC] Icarus II
Hmmm...since most of you are leaning towards the bugs (I agree), do you think Predators being on the Alien's side would make a big difference? Maybe the Queen Alien allies her forces with the Preds so they won't become extinct if the Bugs win the war, and maybe the Preds wanna help because they know that it might be the only chance to defeat the Bugs, before they have the can take control of the whole galaxy! o_O IMO, Preds would be a valuable asset, that being they can take down Tanker Bugs in a much more fashionable way than Xenos can. I wonder if the Preds can bombard the Bugs from orbit with their high-tech space ships? Are the Preds too much help? Or not enough?

ragesRemorse
The Predators would be to much help. Maybe' a few clans, but definitely not the entire race. The Predators could destroy both, the Aliens and bugs.

Placidity
Lets not include Predators in this topic...

Alien Queen would destroy the bugs. I mean even the regular aliens would beat the bugs I think. How strong are the bugs anyway, its been a long time since I watched the movie (I only remember the scene where the redhead takes her top off).

Normal Aliens could bust through steel (or whatever futuristic material) doors with their inner jaws.

[EC] Icarus II
Originally posted by Placidity
Lets not include Predators in this topic...

Alien Queen would destroy the bugs. I mean even the regular aliens would beat the bugs I think. How strong are the bugs anyway, its been a long time since I watched the movie (I only remember the scene where the redhead takes her top off).

Normal Aliens could bust through steel (or whatever futuristic material) doors with their inner jaws.

LOL, alright, let's keep trying w/o Preds for the moment. Bugs are pretty strong too. They can slice through humans like they're cheese. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard for them to slice through some Xeno's. As for the Queen Alien, I doubt she'd do much. She'd just be overrun by the numerous Bugs, getting sliced everywhere. If not, one Tanker Bug could probably take care of her easily.

Placidity
Aliens are also definately more intelligent IMO.

Some feats from the top of my head:

* Turning the power/lights off in Aliens.

* Pushing the button the freeze the scientist guy in Aliens Ressurection

* Killing one of their own in Aliens Ressurection for its acid blood to melt the prison and escape.

* Using the Alien Queen's own acid blood to free her.

Aliens are generally more cunning whereas Bugs usually just use a straight-charge attack without any strategy.

[EC] Icarus II

* Killing one of their own in Aliens Ressurection for its acid blood to melt the prison and escape.

Aliens are generally more cunning whereas Bugs usually just use a straight-charge attack without any strategy.

The Bugs are no strangers to ambush either. Don't forget about the Brain Bug. It sucks peoples' brains to get smarter!! sick

Placidity
^ Oh Really, I don't remember that at all lol.

[EC] Icarus II
Yeah, the Bugs are also quite intelligent. They know how to put each class of their species to maximum use. It's said in Starship Troopers 3 that the Brain Bug allowed itself to be captured so it can brainwash the SkyMarshall. I'd say that's one smartass Bug!!

Blax_Hydralisk

The bugs fooled the entire Earth fleet. no expression

Top Admirals, generals. Played. no expression

ragesRemorse
(I only remember the scene where the redhead takes her top off).

YES!!!!thumbsup

Scythe
Originally posted by Impediment
Also, what happens if a Facehugger gets a hold of a bug?

I'm guessing a hybrid would rise from the bugs, they seem to be able to impregnate anything.

Blax_Hydralisk
I doubt it, still.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.