Is it possible for someone to become Batman?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Assuming one has the time and resources, could someone actually become Batman in our world and wage war against crime?

Mairuzu
He'd get his ass beat

Bat Dude
Yes, but not for very long...

Da Joker
This thread should be left to die. Yes, you can because the technology is available, but not for long. What if something goes wrong and you get captured? You're pretty much done for considering what they'd do to you. Now, let this thread die.

SnakeEyes
In a nutshell: no.

socool8520
What if you get shot in the face? No, I don't think real people would last but one night or so.

DestinyGuy678
nope, truely it would be noticed if all that money was being drained for those materialsand im not sure theres a martial artist i nthe world who ca ntake on 20 thugs no matter how good he is

The Heap
Originally posted by DestinyGuy678
nope, truely it would be noticed if all that money was being drained for those materialsand im not sure theres a martial artist i nthe world who ca ntake on 20 thugs no matter how good he is

A Samurai could probably take on 20 WARRIORS on his own with a sword, and 20 Thugs on his own using his fists.

If not a Samurai, a Shaolin Monk would.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Starscream M
Assuming one has the time and resources, could someone actually become Batman in our world and wage war against crime?

I would have to assume that someone would have to have the actual riches that Bruce Wayne does. And perhaps a tragic happening in that persons life that would have to make the person study the martial arts and criminology. As for actually donning a rubber suit , not really known

Originally posted by The Heap
A Samurai could probably take on 20 WARRIORS on his own with a sword, and 20 Thugs on his own using his fists.

A samurai can certainly do those things, but then again so can any accomplished and trained martial artist.

WrathfulDwarf
Yes, of course, here I am.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Yes, of course, here I am.

Can I be your sidekick. Not Robin though, Nightwing or Azrael.. big grin laughing

Bat Dude
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Ca I be your sidekick. Not Robin though, Nightwing or Azrael.. big grin laughing

Wow, the Robin hate continues... sad

Mairuzu
I'll take one for the team and be robin.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Bat Dude
Wow, the Robin hate continues... sad

No, not at all. I've always liked Dick Grayson better when he grew up and took on a far better persona.

Da Joker
Nightwing is badass, Robin isn't...unless it's Tim Drake from TAS or Robin from Teen Titans.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Da Joker
Nightwing is badass, Robin isn't...unless it's Tim Drake from TAS or Robin from Teen Titans.

I 'd have to agree. Tim Drake is good

SelinaAndBruce
I'd love to be Catwoman...but I don't have the time, lol

Da Joker
Wouldn't you get killed easier than a Batman? confused

spetznaz

Actually Samurai could not.

Samurai, like Ninja, have been over-glorified in the media and literature. A Samurai was merely a member of the upper strata of Japanese feudal society, and as such had certain rights and priviledges (ranging from being the only ones allowed to carry the Katana and Wakizashi, as well as truly own land ....which was actually owned by their lord, or Daimyo). They did study a lot of buJitsu, and it is true that an insult could easily be settled with a duel, but they are far from the superhumans people make them to be.

Also, you say that a Samurai could take on 20 warriors .....but the warriors for most of feudal history WERE Samurai.

The Ninja have also undergone the same fluffing ....Ninjas of the past were more spy than assassin, yet in modern literature and movies you see them as black garbed (they almost never wore black ....it stands out at knight ....speckled browns were more like it) master-assassins! In reality, a ninja was the guy tending the garden in your city, or the homeless beggar on the street, rather than super-humans jumping from one tree to another as seen in Manga cartoons. Ninjas rarely did any assassinations .....they were mostly used for espionage.

However, the myth of the Ninja has really grown (even more than that of the Samurai) ....I remember once seeing a 'real' Ninja class in the US, and their 'authentic' Ninja swords were not Ninja ken but rather normal Katana. And the 'real' Ninja lessons being given were just an amalgamation of Weekend-warrior Karate lessons being worn by people wearing 'authentic ninja black.'

By the way, there are some authentic Ninjitsu schools (such as the ones by Hatsumi, an actual ninja grandmaster with the LINEAGE to prove it), but you are not finding those in your local malls (in the same way that the 'authentic Samurai sword' you bought from the mall is so useless that it poses a real danger to you and your loved ones ....I wish you knew how many people injure themselves when their 'real' swords, which do not even have full tangs and are made of stainless steel, come off or break and fly into a thigh or arm. We call such 'swords' either 'Wall hangers' or SLO - sword like objects. Do not buy anything made of stainless steel or without a full tang).

Anyways, no Samurai could take down 20 'warriors' in real life ...in Manga yes (especially with delayed blood-spray effects), but in real life you are dead!

No person can take down 20 thugs with their bare fists ....that only happens in movies. Any martial artist or teacher who tells you they can teach you to take down 20 men is LYING to you. I know people who have taken down THREE men, but they will tell you that they may not be able to replicate those results. In real life so many things come together, and taking on multiple opponents (even when it is taught) is more of a just-by-the-way rather than a science. If you defeat 3 men in combat you are very lucky ....if you defeat 20 men in combat you are lying.

Unless there is some back-story to it ....e.g. you are a multiple-Dan blackbelt, and your attackers are 4th grade kids who jumped you during Halloween yelling trick-or-treat.

BTW: Most martial art dojo techniques FAIL in the streets. If all your experience was from some Taekwondo or Karate school, do not try getting into a street fight unless you have no recourse. Real fighting and Dojo/Dojang fighting are very different ....and if that is all you know you WILL get knocked the F out!

I remember once in the US i saw a kid (he must have been in grade school) with a black belt. An actual black belt! I remembered how long it took for me to get mine (outside the US), and how i used to bleed (try hitting a makawara board for several hours, and getting caned ....with a bamboo stick ....if you try to soothe your bleeding hands), yet here is a lilly-white angel-faced stick-thin boy wearing his Gi and with a black belt around his waist.

Where i come from we would have snatched that belt from his waist (a disgrace to the belt) and thrashed him, but that will get you arrested State side.

Anyways, Samurai were great .....but not even a quarter as great as people make them. Samurai were also honorable, but they were not the great masters of decorum (called Giri - duty honor and obligation) that they are made out to be. They used to beat people up, they used to rape a lot (one of the Samurai 'arts' is how to tie up women), and they used to get drunk and act the fool. And Samurai were not masters of the blade .....many Samurai specialized in non-sword weapons, such as the bow and arrow, or the naginata (halberd), yari (spear), and many of them switched to gunpowder once blunderbuses and flintlocks came to Japan.

Goodness, many Samurai spent their time performing Chanokyu tea-ceremonies (another of the Samurai arts) ...yet movies will have them always slashing each other and winning great wars. The big activity of Samurai was political positioning and trying to gain favor in the eyes of their Daimyo ....it was not hacking off heads.

Don't get me started on Ninjas ....if 75% of what is said of Samurai is a lie, 95% of what is said of Ninjas is a super-lie.

Please do not take this as me saying Samurai and Ninja were hacks ....what is a hack is the modern versions of what they did.

There were also great Samurai of note (for instance Miyamoto Musashi, probably the best known Samurai of all, who was VERY good with the sword. However, it has also been said that the reason he killed so many is because he was very good with the sword, PLUS OTHER SAMURAI WERE NOT GOOD WITH THEIR SWORDS). There were also groups of brave Samurai (like the group of Ronin who died for their master). However, most of the stories of Samurai are just hogwash.

You stated that a Samurai can beat up thugs ....more probably a modern thug can beat up a Samurai (for one the modern thug is not malnourished, and second of all probably engages in more real combat in one year than the average Samurai engaged in his entire life).

As for Shaolin Monks ....they used to be very weak until Bodidharma (a monk from India) came and taught them meditative techniques that grew into gung fu. Over the course of centuries the techniques grew in number and scope, and got 'updated' when fleeing military generals (say one lost a war and decided to flee to a monastery) taught them their fighting techniques. They thus became quite good at martial arts.

Although, once again, they are not what is made out to be in movies. They are not super human (the so claimed 'chi gung' is actually a meditative practice, but in movies they make it seem like some iron-body technique that makes you invincible ....the bending of spears with throats can be done by ANYONE with proper body positioning, and one monk got mocked when he performed a 'kick-me-in-the-balls' trick, where they have a spectator kick them in the balls, and the CUP he was wearing to protect his organ came loose).

A Shaolin monk (real monks ....not the various ones who have started following 'karate masters' and 'taekwondo killers' to local malls) can fight. However, he is also NOT beating up 20 men.

No expert will want to face more than one person in a fight. Some years back, one of the Gracie brothers was beaten up in a street fight in Brazil ....what happened is he went to the ground, and while he is grappling with the man a SECOND MAN came and started stomping on him!

Only fools and movie actors try to get in a fight with more than one person (if they can help it).

Anyways, with all that said ....yes, someone can be like Batman. However, you need around 15-18 years of REAL martial training (note: I did not say martial 'arts'), you need to be a genius in EVERYTHING, you also need to have several BILLION DOLLARS to your name.

Do all of that and you can become like Batman.

The only problem is this ....your LIFE EXPECTANCY will be very very very very SHORT.

Unlike comics, all it takes is one lucky shot, or one wet windowsill 200 feet above the ground, or one small error ....and you are DEAD.

Conclusion: Not only are the Samurai NOT super-warriors, not only are Ninjas NOT Manga assassins, and not only is it impossible to beat up 20 people unless they are toddlers .....it is also NOT possible to become Batman unless you are a master-fighter Dollar-billionaire who is a genius-of-all-things .....and EVEN THEN you will only do it for a couple of days, maybe weeks if you are lucky, before you DIE.

Not possible.

The Heap
LMFAO!

When did I say ANYTHING about Ninja? [which, btw, is always pronounced "Ninja" not "Ninja's".

First of all, I know you have never tried learning Karate in your life, because you are infact taught on how to take three individuals at once. You have to move quickly in a zig-zag-like pattern, smash one individual to your right with your right forearm, repeat on the opponent to the left with your left forearm, and then smash your knee into the face of the opponent infront of you. It doesn't take luck, it takes skill and precise planning.

Secondly, no, not everybody can lean on a Spear and bend it. You have to condition your body through years of practice. If I went along and tried to bend a Spear with my torso it would go straight through me.

Samurai aren't superhuman, but the majority were Masters when it came to weapondry. Their real job was that of a Servant, and on the battlefield, a Warrior.

A lone Samurai, also, within around 17 minutes, likely could beat up and/or kill 20 street thugs. Hell, I know some Karate teachers who could do similar things. Not taking out 20 people, but taking out atleast 6.

Krav Maga is another Art in which your taught how to take 10 people on from different directions, during a short period of time.

I've realised you don't know much about MA. Your just picking things up off of the internet.

SelinaAndBruce
Wouldn't you get killed easier than a Batman? confused
Ok I'll just steal the Michelle Pfeiffer characteristic where she thought she had 9 lives and willed herself to live laughing

Da Joker
131 Mental institution.

socool8520

Not if they all jumped on him at once.

Da Joker
It'd only be so long he could do so, the human body can only take so much punishment.

The Heap
Originally posted by socool8520
Not if they all jumped on him at once.

Thats the thing. 20 people CAN'T jump on you ALL at once.

Only about 6-7 could fight you at a time.

ragesRemorse

drugs are bad

Da Joker
Yep, but only if they are used by an unfit mind, hence the post you quoted. 131

As for this Batman thing, to have what you need, you'd have to buy all of the necessary armor, weapons, and you'd have to test EVERYTHING first. There could also be no open peice where the mouth it, you'd have to have some incredible armor, and even most armor isn't bullet proof at close range so you can make one wrong move and you're dead. I wish we could have superheroes, though....the world have had plenty of supervillains.

The Heap
Yep, but only if they are used by an unfit mind, hence the post you quoted. 131

Funny coming from you, Bigot.

Ring a bell?

Almighty Bauer
LMFAO!

When did I say ANYTHING about Ninja?

A) An apostrophe is for omission or possession- there should be no apostrophe in 'ninjas' in that context (plural), only if you are saying 'ninja is' or '...of the ninja'.
B) Pronunciation isn't relevant when writing. It's how you say something.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Heap
Originally posted by Almighty Bauer
A) An apostrophe is for omission or possession- there should be no apostrophe in 'ninjas' in that context (plural), only if you are saying 'ninja is' or '...of the ninja'.
B) Pronunciation isn't relevant when writing. It's how you say something.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thats what I meant. But you get it across better than I.

Da Joker
Funny coming from you, Bigot.

Ring a bell?

Oh, I'm such a bigot. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Look, when you stop thinking a Batman could take on 20+ ninjas, then come talk to me. big grin wink

The Heap
Oh, I'm such a bigot. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Look, when you stop thinking a Batman could take on 20+ ninjas, then come talk to me. big grin wink

If he's a Ninja himself, he could, but he'd have to be more experienced.

Before, however, I were referring to Samurai.

It would be nice if you'd properly read ones posts instead of acting as if your some hard ass.

Da Joker
I'm not acting like a hard ass, stating the fact it's impossible for a real man to beat 20 people because he'd tire out, and some of them are bound to know as much martial arts as him, so he'd eventually be tired out, beaten, and killed. Batman can't happen in this day and age.

The Heap
Did I say Batman? Again, your not reading my posts thoroughly enough.

I was talking about Samurai with someone else.

And about tiring out? Ninja don't actually fight like you see in movie's. They assassinate, or use pressure holds and locks to disable their opponents.

Da Joker
I confuse myself....but what I mean is that a guy can't take out 20 people at once. I got everything a little confused but 20 guys being taken down by one man if they all fight him at once? Not gonna happen.

The Heap
I confuse myself....but what I mean is that a guy can't take out 20 people at once. I got everything a little confused but 20 guys being taken down by one man if they all fight him at once? Not gonna happen.

Your not a "Gangsta" are you?

That would explain why your so incredibly DUMB.

I give up, it's pointless talking to you.

Da Joker
Dude, I admitted I got things confused, so what was the point of the attack?

Btw, you spelled "you're" wrong TWICE. And yet I'm dumb? laughing

spetznaz
LMFAO!

When did I say ANYTHING about Ninja?

If you read what I wrote, I did not say you mentioned anything about Ninja. I was giving a further example of how fiction stretches the truth. Anyone with an iota of logic could derive that from the post.

As for the spelling, yes ...it was wrong. Happens when people are typing. That does not take away the truth in the statement.

First of all, I know you have never tried learning Karate in your life, because you are infact taught on how to take three individuals at once. You have to move quickly in a zig-zag-like pattern, smash one individual to your right with your right forearm, repeat on the opponent to the left with your left forearm, and then smash your knee into the face of the opponent infront of you. It doesn't take luck, it takes skill and precise planning.

Actually the first martial art I took (before I realized there were better approaches) was Shotokan Karate, which I took to Ni-Dan level (second degree Black Belt).

Also, the fact that you are claiming about using 'zig-zag' patterns to take 3 individuals at once shows you are probably the product of one of those mall Karate schools I was talking about. All martial arts try to show what to do IN CASE you are attacked by more than one person, but HONEST teachers will instill in you the fact that it is not a prudent course of action, and your chances of winning are nil.

I actually showed someone your post ....how you talk of zig-zag patterns and smashing knees while lashing out with forearms. That is typical mall-Karate school thinking ....you always imagine that people will COOPERATE with you!

In a REAL fight (instead of a scripted belt-grading move, or even dojo Kumite) people tend to not do or stand where you want them to. As i said, i know some people who have handled themselves well in a multiple fight, and even they said that they may not be able to replicate those results .

You also talked of precisely planned!!!!! In a street fight!!!! You must be from a mall-rat Karate school.

Secondly, no, not everybody can lean on a Spear and bend it. You have to condition your body through years of practice. If I went along and tried to bend a Spear with my torso it would go straight through

Again, a lot of the 'chi gung' feats are tricks. The spears used are made of spring steel (similar to the 'wushu swords' a lot of the wushu exponents use in shows ....they are spring steel and that is why, if you watch a sword performance at a wushu convention, you will realize that the sword bends).

If you took a REAL spear (say a Zulu Assegai) and tried that, you will die.

However, the spears used for those 'feats' can be bent using leverage. I've seen someone do it, and he was no 'guru' (Actually, there is a show that comes on the Discovery channel on 2 guys who go around the world learning martial arts. It is known as Human Weapon. One of the guys actually did that, and also bent an 'iron rod' around himself, and broke some bricks. He was surprised at how easy it was to do).

Samurai aren't superhuman, but the majority were Masters when it came to weapondry. Their real job was that of a Servant, and on the battlefield, a Warrior.

You have read too much stylized imagery on the Samurai. Servants? That is hilarious.

While they may have claimed to follow bushido and stick to the writings of the hagakure (and follow what i mentioned on Giri), many Samurai were not the spotless saints/servants you make them to be.

As I said, one of the Samurai arts was how to tie up women.

A lone Samurai, also, within around 17 minutes, likely could beat up and/or kill 20 street thugs. Hell, I know some Karate teachers who could do similar things. Not taking out 20 people, but taking out atleast 6.

Since you were accusing me of never taking Karate (hilarious since you don't know me), I assume you know some Karate teachers (you also mention that above).

Go ask one if he can beat up 20 people ....or take out 6 people. I am not saying assume he can ....I am saying ASK him. And not kids .....actual thugs who want to do him harm. Don't even ask for 20 men ....ask him if he can take out 6 thugs who are out to beat him up and are NOT co-operating with whatever zig-zag pattern you claim you were taught.

One of the people I know who beat up 3 people was an Army Karate instructor (real Karate, not the stupid mall stuff taught in America that gives black belts to 7th grade students ....I believe his style was Okinawa Goju-ryu). He got jumped by 3 thugs, and managed to fight his way out. While he won the fight, he was also seriously beaten up. When guys are coming at you from all sides, and they are not waiting until you finish with one before the next moves in, and you are fighting at night with low lighting and wet ground (where a slip means you get stomped on) , and worse still you are fighting in a CONFINED space.....then you realized that sanitized 'zig-zag' moves will only get you killed.

Krav Maga is another Art in which your taught how to take 10 people on from different directions, during a short period of time.

You are just plain silly!

I also take Krav Maga (currently) and am at 4 level. We are taught a number of things, and multiple opponents is one of them.

One of the things we are constantly taught is that fighting multiple opponents is a mix of skill and luck, with luck playing a very important role.

In our drills (similar to those of Kajukenbo), one student is surrounded by other students and told to defend himself. Everyone is going at HALF speed.

The teacher has one of the 'attackers' have a plastic knife, and the person defending NEVER sees that attack. Even when they know that one of the 'attackers' has a knife, they never see it until they have been stabbed.

The reason is to show that in a real fight anything can happen. It is to make us realize that the real world is not as sanitized as a Karate dojo or Taekwondo dojang. Most people stabbed with knives do not even know the other guy has a knife, yet in most Karate dojos knife training starts with the 'attacker' brandishing his knife like it was some movie. On the street most victims do not even know the other guy has a knife.

Anyways, I DO Krav Maga ....and no REAL teacher will say they will teach you how to take down 10 men .....unless he is giving you a MP-5 submachine gun!

I've realised you don't know much about MA. Your just picking things up off of the internet.

Actually that is the same thing I think about you.

You talk about Karate masters who can take down at least 6 people (Shotokan was my first art, and that is BS), you talk about Krav Maga teaching to take out 10 people (4 level KM, again ....that is BS), you talk about the greatest role of the Samurai being that of a servant (once again ....you've either been reading too much Hagakure, or watching to many Samurai movies) ....and then you talk about zig-zag patterns that you will use to 'smash one individual to your right with your right forearm, repeat on the opponent to the left with your left forearm, and then smash your knee into the face of the opponent infront of you. It doesn't take luck, it takes skill and precise planning.'

Goodness, that will get you killed.

You talk about 'precise planning.' That will work when you are getting a belt grade (and everyone has a scripted way of attacking you), but in the street you will not even know you are being attacked until it has began. Real thugs do not telegraph. While you are 'smashing one individual to the right' the one to your back is moving in for a kidney stab with a rusty knife!

From how you write it seems you have done some martial arts ....but I would put you down as another mall-rat Dojo student who has no clue about a real fight (and no, school yard fights are not real fights). However i can guarantee you this ....if you go to a seedy part of town and try your 'precisely planned zig-zag movements,' you will either die or be seriously hurt.

Actually I challenge you to go show this post to your Karate teacher. I know that whatever he tells you you can come back here and lie, but at least he will tell YOU the truth. If he is worth his salt, he will probably smile and tell you that what you were saying was pure unadulterated BS, and that even he cannot beat down 6 grown men who are not co-operating.

The Heap
I'm not from America, and I'm happy I'm not, so I've never been to what ever a "mall school" is.

And I didn't say the "zig-zag" approach was a whole fighting approach, so stop ****ing acting like I did. It was a technique. I don't need this crap from you when I know what I was taught, in a gym of 40+ students.

And the whole "zig-zag" attack would be used if the opponents actually were in those positions, duh. Of course it's very dangerous, it's a street fight.

I'm thinking of taking up Krav Maga. It looks very interesting.

Taking down 10 people. It's not ALL at once, it's one at a time but as soon as you defeat one opponent it's straight on to fight the next without a rest. Why people always assume people can just spin around and name everybody in 10 seconds is beyond me. This isn't Batman.

Also, I quit Karate. I didn't enjoy it so I quit. This is why I plan on maybe going with Krav Maga or maybe Mua Tai KB.

Now. Don't expect me to reply to anymore of your posts. I've been in debates all weak on this bored and it's taking it's toll.

Neo Darkhalen
Only Bill Gates and i think he's past his prime.

Scythe
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
drugs are bad

Mkay

spetznaz
I'm not from America, and I'm happy I'm not, so I've never been to what ever a "mall school" is.

A mall school is a martial arts school that can be found in a mall, a community center or a school, that purports to teach 'self-defense' but does not. You will see ads for such schools in the paper that claim they will make you be 'admired by your friends and feared by your enemies.'

Those schools also claim to be able to 'teach' you to beat up 'multiple opponents.'

They are also not limited to America ....it is just that when I am there for business i see kids with black belts .....

And I didn't say the "zig-zag" approach was a whole fighting approach, so stop ****ing acting like I did. It was a technique. I don't need this crap from you when I know what I was taught, in a gym of 40+ students.

What you stated in your post is that the 'zig-zag' whatever can be used to take down multiple opponents (you even gave an illustration of how you would 'smash' an individual to your left with your forearm, then move to the right, and then even manage to give knee strikes. You also stated that you would do this with precise planning. I never said it was a system ....as you mentioned, it is a 'technique.'

What is hilarious is that either criminals in your country are a STUPID lot that just position themselves geometrically and wait for you to 'lash out' with forearms, or else you went to a Mall school.

One thing you will realize is that there is nothing precise about a real fight.

And the whole "zig-zag" attack would be used if the opponents actually were in those positions, duh.

The problem is that in a street fight they will not be. Criminals are vicious, not stupid!

I'm thinking of taking up Krav Maga. It looks very interesting.

First LOGICAL post you've made in this entire post (better than saying I don't know what I am talking about when I probably have more years of MA experience than the number of years in which you were in this planet).

Yes, Krav Maga is great. It is also VERY boring, which is why it is a GREAT fighting system.

It is not flashy, has no fancy moves, and doesn't need someone to be an olympic athelete to perform (some systems, like muay thai, are effective ....but it requires someone to be very fit). Krav Maga is ugly, but if you take it under a good teacher and are disciplined, you will be able to defend yourself far faster than if you took some 'fancy' oriental style like Karate or Gung fu. Krav Maga works, and it works quick.

Just don't expect to fight 10 people as you stated in your previous post (where you said that in Krav Maga people are 'taught to take on 10 people from different directions'). BTW, it is interesting how you were saying that people in KM are taught that, yet in this post you are saying that you want to START taking KM.

Yet you were accusing me of not knowing what I am talking about, when I have a ni-dan in Shotokan, and a level 4 in Krav Maga!???!

Hilarious!

The good thing is that when you start Krav Maga, which you should, you will quickly learn what to do for REAL defense, and what belongs here in the comic forums.

Taking down 10 people. It's not ALL at once, it's one at a time but as soon as you defeat one opponent it's straight on to fight the next without a rest. Why people always assume people can just spin around and name everybody in 10 seconds is beyond me. This isn't Batman.

You were the one who was talking about taking on multiple opponents. It was me who was saying that it is very hard for even trained martial artists to take on three real criminals in a real street fight under uncontrolled conditions, and IMPOSSIBLE to do that to 20 people.

Obviously, if people walk up to you one after another it is one thing, but that is not what we were talking about. In a street fight thugs will rush you ....and you will get beat down.

Also, I quit Karate. I didn't enjoy it so I quit. This is why I plan on maybe going with Krav Maga or maybe Mua Tai KB.

First of all, since you were making a big deal of me spelling Ninja as Ninjas, the spelling of what you called 'Mua Tai' is actually 'Muay Thai.'

There is nothing bad with Karate ....it is just that many teachers are not that good, they teach something very diluted, and it will take you years before you can be effective in the streets (sure, you will be able to impress your friends in months, but those high kicks and reverse punches will get you knocked out in the streets).

Take Krav Maga ....it has no flash moves until you get to level 3, but even in the first level you will learn principles that will help you from the first lesson.

Muay thai is great, and it gives a full body workout like you cannot believe, but if you only had one choice the best would be Krav Maga.

Now. Don't expect me to reply to anymore of your posts. I've been in debates all weak on this bored and it's taking it's toll.

Once again, let me correct you on your spelling (since you were so kind to tell me that I said Ninjas instead of Ninja). When you say you have been in debates 'all weak on this bored' you should have said that you have been in debates 'all week on this board.'

As for replying to my posts, I do not expect nor need you to. Furthermore, this was NOT a debate.

A debate indicates two or more people exchanging logical but differing points of view.

This was you giving pure unadulterated BS about martial arts you do not even know (Krav Maga being one, Karate another since you were obviously at a very basic level .....no matter the belt grade you were in), vs me who is telling you fact about something I know.

It was not a debate.

It was more like a 3rd grader telling his science teacher that the Teenage mutant Ninja Turtles actually exist!

Thus i was not debating you ....just correcting your gross inaccuracies.

As for you responding, the only reason I am doing this is so that other people who read my posts on this thread learn something:

i) Samurai could not beat up 20 'warriors' Even the greatest Samurai who lived, Miyamoto Musashi, was never doing that (if you want to know more on him read the Gorinosho - the Book of Five Rings ....great treatise that is similar to Sun Tzu's the Art of War)

ii) In a real street fight you will never be able to beat 20 men (a number you gave), Karate masters will not be able to beat 6 thugs (as you stated), and that in my experience I know some really amazing people who have managed to beat up 3 people, but even then they got injured quite badly and they did not think that they could replicate that at will

iii) I even made a comment about the fake Samurai swords people buy in malls ....dangerous sword-like-objects that are made of stainless steel and do not have full tangs. With the number of people injured by those things breaking each year, I might have stopped a person from buying a cheap 50 Dollar 'sword' and made them save some extra money and buy something better. If you want a plausible sword buy any Paul Chen sword that is above 300 Dollars ....it may not be as perfect as the 60,000 dollars a genuinely made Katana will cost, but the 300 dollar Paul chen sword is made of real carbon steel and has a full tang, and it will not fly off the handle and pierce your girlfriend!

iv) I even managed to give more information on Krav Maga, meaning that someone on this forum will wonder about KM and decide to try it out. And in the process, he will learn a very effective and simple fighting system that may save him in the future!

Thus, this had nothing to do with you. As far as I am concerned you are just another wannabe kid who thinks they know but are not even smart enough to admit when they are wrong.

I do not need your responses.

All I needed to do is pass information, and your silliness was a perfect vehicle for that.

At least you get to try Krav Maga ....maybe they will 'teach' you to 'take on 10 people on from different directions.'

The Heap
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zz.

Again, I can't be hassled.

You go on for too long. BTW, theres a video on Youtube about taking on 10 people from different directions. They start in completly different places from different angles and charge you. Not all at once, per se, but it's basically what I was talking about.

I'm tired of argueing. You seem to know alot more than I thought, I'm tired.

I don't think I'll last in Muay Thai so if anything I'll give Krav Maga a try. If I can find a place in or close to York. And a good teacher.

spetznaz
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zz.

Again, I can't be hassled.

You go on for too long. BTW, theres a video on Youtube about taking on 10 people from different directions. They start in completly different places from different angles and charge you. Not all at once, per se, but it's basically what I was talking about.

I'm tired of argueing. You seem to know alot more than I thought, I'm tired.

I don't think I'll last in Muay Thai so if anything I'll give Krav Maga a try. If I can find a place in or close to York. And a good teacher.

As I said, I am not trying to argue with you (there is nothing to argue about). You either take what I am saying, or you consider it crap. Makes no difference to me.

As for Krav Maga ....it is a great system. Very simple and very effective. Muay Thai is also good, but it is extremely physical and not for everyone. If you have Jeet Kune Do in your area it is also a realistic system (although you have to be sure you get a good teacher). Kajukenbo is also very effective, although getting a teacher is next to impossible.

Anyone of the above, with a good teacher and good dedication, will make you able to more or less take care of yourself in many situations. The most important thing is not the techniques, and not even the principles, but the realism in it. They make the training very difficult in order to make it as close as it can get to the street. All include anti-weapon training (for instance Krav Maga and Kajukenbo teach gun disarms, although those are for situations when there is no option ....such a move could easily get you killed. The most important anti-weapon principles you need to concentrate on are those against knives ....a knife attack is more vicious and dangerous than most people can believe).

Anyways, best luck to you and God bless.

The Heap
Originally posted by spetznaz
As I said, I am not trying to argue with you (there is nothing to argue about). You either take what I am saying, or you consider it crap. Makes no difference to me.

As for Krav Maga ....it is a great system. Very simple and very effective. Muay Thai is also good, but it is extremely physical and not for everyone. If you have Jeet Kune Do in your area it is also a realistic system (although you have to be sure you get a good teacher). Kajukenbo is also very effective, although getting a teacher is next to impossible.

Anyone of the above, with a good teacher and good dedication, will make you able to more or less take care of yourself in many situations. The most important thing is not the techniques, and not even the principles, but the realism in it. They make the training very difficult in order to make it as close as it can get to the street. All include anti-weapon training (for instance Krav Maga and Kajukenbo teach gun disarms, although those are for situations when there is no option ....such a move could easily get you killed. The most important anti-weapon principles you need to concentrate on are those against knives ....a knife attack is more vicious and dangerous than most people can believe).

Anyways, best luck to you and God bless.

Thank you very much. Sorry for being a Needle Dick.

How can one be certain that he has a real/decent teacher?

BruceSkywalker

The Heap, one way to find out what teacher is better than the other is for you to go to different dojo's and watch for yourself as well as as ask the teacher(s) questions. Once you do that than choose one or several martial arts you want to learn. Take it from someone who has trained in the martial arts, every teacher trains you differently. Every teacher will use different methods on you. It's all about finding someone you alone are comfortable with so you can properly learn what you want to learn.

spetznaz

Do what Bruceskywalker said .....visit a bunch of schools, watch the type of instruction given, look at the students in the class, look at how the teacher's style conforms with your learning style, and after that follow what 'feels right' for you.

After all, the important thing is for you to be in an environment where you are actually learning. No matter how effective a style or system or set of principles may be, it is all useless if it is not getting into you. Thus it is very important that you choose something that you feel is a great fit.

Any good teacher will allow you to stand by the side and watch one lesson (ask nicely and they will allow you to watch for one class), and that should make you decide what school/teacher/style is best for you.

Do that and you can make a very informed choice.

Once again, best of luck and God bless.

JaydonPhoenix
Yes, someone could become a reasonable equivalent of Batman.

No, they would not live for long.

spidermanrocks
it could happen but not last long. since i heard a guy in the states dressed up like the joker and killed alot of people but he was captured so he didn't last long. i think batman wouldn't last long either. besides, would someone actually copy batman? why not come up with their own name and style?

Markus Corvinus
I'm of the belief that it'd be near impossible to successfully be Batman. With technology advancing the way it is, it'd only be a matter of time before your identity is discovered. Then there's the possibility of you actually getting killed. Who's to say criminals wouldn't get wise to you and purposely stage an event to take you out? This is the real world, not a comic book.

RevoWution™©®
Originally posted by Markus Corvinus
I'm of the belief that it'd be near impossible to successfully be Batman. With technology advancing the way it is, it'd only be a matter of time before your identity is discovered. Then there's the possibility of you actually getting killed. Who's to say criminals wouldn't get wise to you and purposely stage an event to take you out? This is the real world, not a comic book.

Good call, Markus. It would be pretty impossible.

"I'm Batman! It's what I do. I wear things on my belt! I'm Batman!"

Markus Corvinus
Here's how it'd go:

Criminal: "Who the hell are you?"
Batman wannabe: "I'm Batm--"

*Before he finishes the sentence he's already getting shot up*

laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.