Early Joker Concept Art

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/08/07/the-dark-knight-early-joker-concept-art/

If those would have actually made it to the screen .. no expression

Bat Dude
Looks pretty creepy...

Would make a good character design for an elseworlds tale...

http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/jokerart2-360x600.jpg

T.M
I was going to post this earlier. really creepy

Philosophía
It's like Michael Myers's brother ..

The film rating would have certainly have changed, since I'm pretty sure this wouldn't have been suitable for children ..

WrathfulDwarf
Hehe...I like the Leatherface concept...good idea.

ScarletSpeed
lol, that is creepy,

Heath Ledgers one looks like a disney movie compared to them laughing

Bat Dude
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
lol, that is creepy,

Heath Ledgers one looks like a disney movie compared to them laughing

laughing

True...

But it looks even farther from the comics Joker than the final look...

Neo Darkhalen
sinister.

The Heap
Kick ass!

Da Joker
I like what we got the most.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Da Joker
I like what we got the most.

thumb up

atharpina
thats a lil too not funny looking..

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Bat Dude
Looks pretty creepy...

Would make a good character design for an elseworlds tale...

http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/jokerart2-360x600.jpg

Excellent work that they used to get the final look down.

roughrider
That's a little too horrific; I'm glad they didn't go that far.
Heath had a little of that look in the scene where he poses as a honour guard, with his face briefly seen without makeup.
I wonder how his face would have looked with shorter, spikier hair like we see above.

D_A_R_E
Creepy.. looks more like a demon than the Joker. I don't think the movie would've done as well with a Joker so.. gory? It kind of looks cool in a sick way, but I prefer the Joker look we ended up with over this one.

SelinaAndBruce
That looks horrifying. It makes me appreciate the meth clown we got. That is very different from the comics

The Heap
That look is by far the best looking Joker we've ever gotten, IMO. I love the scary stuff.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by The Heap
That look is by far the best looking Joker we've ever gotten, IMO. I love the scary stuff.

I agree. The Joker is NOT a nice man. So that early look is waaaay perfect. I'm glad for it and I'm glad that they used that look to inspire what we all saw and loved when we all watched The Dark Knight.

SelinaAndBruce
Yea but the thing about the Joker at least to me is that he is supposed to look harmless and whimsical but be deadly as hell. That's kind of IMO the funny part about him being a clown. He looks kid friendly but he's uber crazy and deadly. Where as Batman looks horrifying and yet he's on the side of good and would never kill you.

The Heap
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
Yea but the thing about the Joker at least to me is that he is supposed to look harmless and whimsical but be deadly as hell. That's kind of IMO the funny part about him being a clown. He looks kid friendly but he's uber crazy and deadly. Where as Batman looks horrifying and yet he's on the side of good and would never kill you.

Well, this version does look harmless in the sense that he kind of looks as if he's just a disturbed and frightened individual who doesn't want to harm anybody, he doesn't want to go to prison, he doesn't want to go to a mental institution, and then...

BANG! BANG ****IN' BANG!

He kills a guy...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.