Could Nolan take the same path as George Lucas?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
Serious question here....(why so serious?)

K

With the massive success of TDK and with celebs throwing their hats into the new Batman franchise....do you guys think that Nolan will become spoil and take the Batman franchise in a different direction?

With the power of TDK will this corrupt Nolan and turn him to the dark side?

stick out tongue

Neo Darkhalen
haermm

No he knows how to handle Batman and he's true to the characters i don't think he would nor has authorization to do so.

BruceSkywalker
Not really. Chris Nolan knows what do to and he has become very successful at it. Besides at this point I can't imagine anyone else directing Batman except for Nolan. I like his "real world" approach and that fits the character of Bruce Wayne/Batman perfectly.

The only possibly way if Nolan turned to the dark side would be if he for some unknown reason would just change midstream all that he has done and go the way of Batman Forever and Batman and Robin.

Bat Dude
I thought by "take the Lucas path" you meant make 6 Batman movies sad

sithsaber408
Actually yes, if we're talking about Batman 3 rapping up all loose ends from TDK, being satisfying and good with the redempetion aspect and all, but still not on the level of TDK.

I can see it like this:

Begins - Awesome, first new entry into the series that redifines things and establishes a new world, new characters (or actors playing old characters)

TDK - Steps way above first film by adding drama, depth, darkness, and a character arc to each major player.

B3 - Becomes the closer. While good, it won't measure up to part 2.

They equal Star Wars, Empire, and Jedi.

But I hope the opposite is true.

Maybe Nolan can be the new Lucas of the PT, where each film is progressively better, with the third part of the trilogy being the best one.

BruceSkywalker
I can see that somewhat happening. Nolan is the type of director who can do something like that

roughrider
Nolan doesn't own the Batman characters or anything. He doesn't have free reign to do anything he wants.
Besides, nothing that could happen to the series after this, could compare to the wretched misfire that was Batman & Robin.

Da Joker
Let's pray he doesn't go the BF & B&R route....let's all join hands.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
haermm

No he knows how to handle Batman and he's true to the characters i don't think he would nor has authorization to do so.

yeah being that he has been the only Batman director who knows how to handle the Batman franchise and like you said,knows how to handle the characters,and is a Batman fans director for the most part,I dont see that happening with him.

Endrict Nuul
Nah, he's not going to pull a Lucas. First of all he's not even thinking about Batman 3 yet, himself and Bale are still dealing with the DK stuff. He stated himself one step at a time, so it seems like hes not rushing into anything. The other thing is hes more realistic than Lucas and he knows some characters won't fit his world like Robin. In a nut shell I can see Batman 3 being his last film of the series before it gets carried away with. Other directors might pull a Lucas and make the series go to 6 with unlrealistic characters......Bay shifty

atharpina
ya i figure itll be like spiderman.. 3 movies that all form a bigger story with the 3rd movie kind of sort of wrapping it up... then some douche ccomes along and tries to make a 4th and its no where near as good.

hopefully they wont follow the formula exactly tho... we dont want any spiderman3 repeats

sithsaber408
I figure that if it's like Spiderman 3 then we're all screwed! stick out tongue

siriuswriter
Originally posted by sithsaber408
I figure that if it's like Spiderman 3 then we're all screwed! stick out tongue

DAMNIT! Something else to worry about...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.