Sith Lord vs Jedi Saber Master

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Null ARC Avis
This isn't really a specific fight, and it might be moved or closed, but it really is a question. When you pit a Sith Lord (Sidious for example, or Traya) against a Jedi Saber Master (Windu or Hoth) wont the sith lord just be able to rip the saber from the jedi's hand, or destroy it through the force, or something along those lines? Or kill the Jedi before they can even land a strike by destroying the spinal cord through the force, or something like that? How come they never do that when confroted by a saber weilding enemy?

truejedi
well.... to start it off.. its because jedi can protect themselves from force attacks.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Null ARC Avis
This isn't really a specific fight, and it might be moved or closed, but it really is a question. When you pit a Sith Lord (Sidious for example, or Traya) against a Jedi Saber Master (Windu or Hoth) wont the sith lord just be able to rip the saber from the jedi's hand, or destroy it through the force, or something along those lines? Or kill the Jedi before they can even land a strike by destroying the spinal cord through the force, or something like that? How come they never do that when confroted by a saber weilding enemy?

That is a good question, the only answer for that I can think is the obvious out of universe answer which is that it would make the fights pretty dull. The only times that something like that has happened that I can recall of the top of my head is what happens to Luke's lightsaber during the Kyp and spirit of Exar Kun situation and when Jacob Nion (starkiller) as a kid btw uses the force to take Vader lightsaber out of his hand when he was going to strike some other jedi (maybe his father?)down.

Null ARC Avis
Originally posted by truejedi
well.... to start it off.. its because jedi can protect themselves from force attacks. Yes, but Sidious and Traya were increadibly powerful masters of the dark side, and people like Mace weren't even in the same league when it came to that. Sidious could probably blast through any and every force defence Mace could have conjured up.

Tangible God
I've wondered this too. My personal explanation has been that both parties use the Force to protect against such attacks. Kinda canceling each other out, unless one is stronger than the other.

Master Crimzon
Well, in Dark Empire, Sidious was capable of disintegrating lightsabers. That being said, however, I don't think anyone else displayed the ability to do that. But I could be wrong.

Darth Exodus
A bit predictable of me, but I'm going to chip in by saying Bane in Ro2 disintergrated many techno-beast's with the force in Belia's fortress.

Null ARC Avis
But, what is a lightsaber? Metal, with some lenses and a crystal and an energy projector, or something along those lines. Break the crystal, or the lenses, or the projector and the whole thing stops working. how come no one ever did that?

Darth Subjekt
Might be hard to focus on something that particular and small.

Darth Exodus
Especially when you have an angry Sam Jackson running at you with a 9000 degree glowrod.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.