Activision murders Spidey

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
I think another videogame business should make Spider-Man games from now on because Spider-Man (2001 game), Spider-Man 2, Spider-Man 3, and Spider-Man: Friend or Foe were crap.

Do you agree or do you think the Spidey games were kinda good but Activision needs work to improve future SM games?

Neo Darkhalen
SM3 is alright
Spider-Man PS1 was awesome
Spider-Man WOS looks very awesome.

Icy Ninja
Spider-Man 1 was the shit
Spider-Man 2 was fun as hell most of the time
Spider-Man 3 kinda sucked
didn't play friend or foe but heard it sucked and I agree with Neo Darkhalen Web of Shadows looks awesome

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Icy Ninja
Spider-Man 1 was the shit
Spider-Man 2 was fun as hell most of the time
Spider-Man 3 kinda sucked
didn't play friend or foe but heard it sucked and I agree with Neo Darkhalen Web of Shadows looks awesome

FoF does suck.

Nemesis X
FoF did indeed suck and thank god I only had it as a rental.

Web of Shadows does look cool but don't judge a videogame by its trailer.

Kazenji
apparantly same group thats doing WOS is the same lot that did all them movie-tin ones and they've done a big overhaul of the combat system one that gives tge players the ability to fight the way spider-man should fight

Lets just hope its true.

DigiMark007
FoF shouldn't be grouped with the others. Not only was it a different creative group making it, but it shared none of the game mechanics of the others that were listed. Yes, it sucked. Every reviewer and player in the world said so. But that doesn't damn the whole series.

Spider-Man 1 and 2 received fair reviews and had excellent sales, particularly the swing mechanics in 2, which received loads of critical praise. Ultimate Spider-Man had a good story, tight scripting and bosses, though was admittedly a bit short. Spider-Man 3 suffered from the movie's poor reviews, but basically improved upon the mechanics of 1-2 while adding a few new twists. Maybe not for its time (which would go to 2), but in a non-era-based comparison, it's the best of teh bunch.

Those said, three main things:
- One, it's an industry. They sell, don't tank in reviews (except FoF) and so they'll continue to be made.
- Two, with a franchise like Spider-Man, more than most games you're having to stretch a gigantic array of fans....casual non-gamers who buy it in droves because of name recognition, as well as hardcore gamers. Given that, I honestly think they've done a decent job appealing to both crowds. I still fire up my SM games years later just to swing around, though admittedly the story mode has very little replay value. The games aren't terribly hard, granted, but we have to bite the bullet and realize that the vast majority of sales for a Spider-Man game are going to come from teh casual crowd.
- I can say all this, and then use it as my personal platform to say they should continue making these games, and would have equal claim as Nemesis....which is to say, no claim at all. The decision lies with consumers and production companies. Having opinions is fine, but issuing vague "what-if" ultimatums is a bit silly.

I love the series, for all its faults. The web-swinging full-motion freedom and occasionally epicly frantic combat make me feel like Spider-Man. I'll be buying WoS with glee.

Nemesis X
Whoever made Friend or Foe must have been bored as hell and decided to piss us gamers off just for fun.

Maybe Activision should quit making Spider-Man games based on the movies because oh gee I dont know... because we already know what the friggin plot is and how it'll end! Spider-Man shows an example on how much movie based games suck.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X

Spider-Man shows an example on how much movie based games suck.

and not all movie based games suck roll eyes (sarcastic)

Outbound
They oversaturated Spiderman to the point where its now 'Oh, another Spiderman game, didnt see that coming roll eyes (sarcastic) '

But WoS looks pretty cool. Hopefully its not all talk and hype.

General Kaliero
The Lord of the Rings series was rather good. And I remember King Kong being surprisingly good for what should have been a generic shooter.

Movie games don't have to suck. It's not a rule. They just tend to because most are cheap cash-ins on a sure buy.

Menetnashté
I liked most of them I mean Activision surely has put a lot into the spider-man series.
Spider-man PS1, was amazing and remains one of my favorite games
Spider-man the Movie, was good for its time, a decent game.
Spider-man 2, was great for what it was
Spider-man 3, I hated it, but that's just me.
Ultimate Spider-man, was great though short

In the long-run most of their games were fine, just Spider-man 3 that sucked a nut imo.

Nemesis X
Web of Shadows might be just all talk and we'll all be pissed at the end when we buy it. Before Spider-Man 3 (the game) got out into stores, I kept hearing talk and reading game magazines saying that this game will be kick ass and boy was I mad when I blew $60 away on it. Darn you Activision.

Nemesis X
I just realized something, arent all the Spider-Man movie based games supposed to follow after the previous one? 'Cause I saw Scorpion in SM1 and I saw him again in SM3 and he was a good guy. I think Activision screwed up here.

Kazenji
Did anyone ever play the spider-man sequal to the PS1 game, "Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro" ?

was it any good.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Kazenji
Did anyone ever play the spider-man sequal to the PS1 game, "Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro" ?

was it any good.

It was kinda like the first. So, yeah. Was fun.

S_D_J

was it any good.

it was just like the first... so it was a great game

.... though playing the final battle on top of the twin towers was a bit ...odd erm... the game was supposed to be out in September (right after 9-11)... it was pushed back a little... first released unchanged, but later change by making a bridge between the towers and changing the textures... which by the way killed the last battle since it made much easier no expression

never played Spiderman 1, but SM 2 was excellent.... SM3 was a pile of crap though... (on Wii and PS2)

ESB -1138
At least Spider-man can come out with good games unlike Superman.

DigiMark007
Way to address points to the contrary Nem, instead of simply reiterating your rants. And by "way to" I mean "way not to."

Really, is there a point to this other than b*tching? Reading your posts is starting to remind me of the delusional hatred directed at organic webshooters in the movies or something.

Web of Shadows might be just all talk and we'll all be pissed at the end when we buy it. Before Spider-Man 3 (the game) got out into stores, I kept hearing talk and reading game magazines saying that this game will be kick ass and boy was I mad when I blew $60 away on it. Darn you Activision.

So you buy into advance hype, rather than renting and/or reading reviews after the game comes out, thus making an informed decision. No, that's entirely your own fault. Don't blame the company.

ESB -1138
I just hope WoS has Carnage in it.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by ESB -1138
I hope it has Doc Ock Carnage. lol. That'd be great.

Bardock42
Every SpiderMan game I played since the PlayStation one were quite good imo (including Spider Man 3 (on PC)). The best were probably Spider Man 2 (on X-Box) and Ultimate Spider Man (on PC). Though of course Spider Man for Play Station was just awesome at the time.

Dark-Jaxx
The Spider Man games for Ps1, Spider Man and Spiderman: Enter Electro, were great games. Never got bored when I played them.

Spiderman the Movie 1 was pretty damn good IMO, and I loved playing as the Green Goblin.

Spiderman 2 was pretty good as well, though not as good as the first IMO.

Never played the others.

Blax_Hydralisk
Spiderman: FoF was simply retarded, but it was made for like... kiddeys. So cut it some slack.

Kazenji
At least Spider-man can come out with good games unlike Superman.

Unless of course you count The Death and Return of Superman the game wink

Nemesis X
Don't you mean Superman Returns? That game was crap.

Kazenji
Ummmm no

i'll repeat it again

Unless of course you count The Death and Return of Superman the game.

Nemesis X
Whoops. Thought you were mentioning two games there.

Dark-Jaxx
Superman 64 is the greatest game ever made. 131

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Superman 64 is the greatest game ever made. 131

What kind of crack are you smoking?

Neo Darkhalen

Oh god no.

Kazenji
Whats wrong with carnage ?

DigiMark007
What kind of crack are you smoking?

The right kind. Superman 64 = most underrated game ever. No one gave it a chance.

brainchild81
The Spider Man games for Ps1, Spider Man and Spiderman: Enter Electro, were great games. Never got bored when I played them.

Spiderman the Movie 1 was pretty damn good IMO, and I loved playing as the Green Goblin.

Spiderman 2 was pretty good as well, though not as good as the first IMO.

Never played the others. Ditto

Dark-Jaxx
Whats wrong with carnage ? He's basically an incredibly shitty combination of Venom and Joker.

Half Venom, half Joker, shittier than both.

S_D_J
Originally posted by DigiMark007
The right kind. Superman 64 = most underrated game ever. No one gave it a chance.

the game doesn't give you a chance

flying through rings?, WTF? you're ph*cking Superman

brainchild81
He's basically an incredibly shitty combination of Venom and Joker.

Half Venom, half Joker, shittier than both. I really don't see a connection between him & Joker.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by brainchild81
I really don't see a connection between him & Joker. Really? no expression

Neo Darkhalen
He's basically an incredibly shitty combination of Venom and Joker.

Half Venom, half Joker, shittier than both.

QFT

Originally posted by brainchild81
I really don't see a connection between him & Joker.

How could you not see a connection? no expression

DigiMark007
Originally posted by S_D_J
the game doesn't give you a chance

flying through rings?, WTF? you're ph*cking Superman

No need for the insults. You'd be advised to tone it down, and respectfully disagree with those who don't share your opinions.

And the corporate machine that decided that the Superman game was dead in the water even before release is to blame. There were loads of fun elements in that game, they were just obscured by the fact that it wasn't what consumers were expecting.

Bardock42
No need for the insults. You'd be advised to tone it down, and respectfully disagree with those who don't share your opinions.

And the corporate machine that decided that the Superman game was dead in the water even before release is to blame. There were loads of fun elements in that game, they were just obscured by the fact that it wasn't what consumers were expecting.

He didn't actually insult anyone.

Was an alright game though

Nemesis X
Carnage does show to be half Venom and half Joker. The Joker side is with his retarded laugh and twisted sense of humor. Venom side is causing destruction, wanting to kill Spider-Man, and the way he looks.

Maybe Carnage should be in WoS because the plot of that game is about a symbiote invasion right? Although the symbiote invasion is all about Venom so I'm not sure if Kassady will appear or not.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Bardock42
He didn't actually insult anyone.

Was an alright game though

Eh, he told me I was ****ing Superman. Not exactly the most respectful way to disagree. But whatever.

Bardock42
Eh, he told me I was ****ing Superman. Not exactly the most respectful way to disagree. But whatever.

No, he said "you are ****ing Superman (in the game)". Meaning that he thinks the game did not deliver how incredible it should feel to be the most powerful dude in the universe, he did not say that you have sexual intercourse with Superman.

DigiMark007
No, he said "you are ****ing Superman (in the game)". Meaning that he thinks the game did not deliver how incredible it should feel to be the most powerful dude in the universe, he did not say that you have sexual intercourse with Superman.

Misunderstanding then. My apologies.

But most powerful dude in the universe? Please go to the comic forums and start saying that. The backlash will get at least 5 others banned before week's end.

evil face

Bardock42
Misunderstanding then. My apologies.

But most powerful dude in the universe? Please go to the comic forums and start saying that. The backlash will get at least 5 others banned before week's end.

evil face

Everyone knows that Superman has powers according to what threat he faces, he always wins...it's his super-ownage-power.

Dark-Jaxx
Everyone knows that Superman has powers according to what threat he faces, he always wins...it's his super-ownage-power. If he always wins, WTF is this?

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/primegirsup.jpg

Blax_Hydralisk
... a cluster****?

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
... a cluster****? That's actually Superman Prime clocking Superman while a bunch of b!tches are trying to kill SMP.

Blax_Hydralisk
So wait...

Getting punched counts as not winning?

And Superman Prime is Superman with a 6-year old's mentality and on steroids...

edit- And on an unrelated note, I'm taking my first step into the DC comics world soon... gonna start reading Supergirl(Kira)'s stuff, maybe.

Dark-Jaxx
Getting punched and then having Powergirl thrown into him counts as not winning. In fact that's an epic fail.

So? He said Superman always wins, and I brought up an example when he did it.

and bout time, believe it or not, DC generally has higher quality stories than Marvel. IMO.

Blax_Hydralisk
Getting punched and then having Powergirl thrown into him counts as not winning. In fact that's an epic fail.

By your logic then no one ever wins. Ever. Getting hit a couple of times is not losing a fight. You "lose" a physical fight when you either can not or will not fight back. Your scan didn't show that...

Eh. I'm generally disappointed with most of DC's stuff. Only ones I really liked was Emperor Joker and the Killing Joke.

Dark-Jaxx
By your logic then no one ever wins. Ever. Getting hit a couple of times is not losing a fight. You "lose" a physical fight when you either can not or will not fight back. Your scan didn't show that...

Eh. I'm generally disappointed with most of DC's stuff. Only ones I really liked was Emperor Joker and the Killing Joke. 1. He did no more fighting with SMP after he was hit by a thrown Powergirl.

So either he was incapacitated, or he ran away.

Have you read any of the Crisis' or Death of Superman?

Blax_Hydralisk
1. He did no more fighting with SMP after he was hit by a thrown Powergirl.

So either he was incapacitated, or he ran away.

But you didn't post that. no expression

Nup, though I've heard DoS was good too.

And I read this really shitty non-canon comic of Supes getting pwned by an A L I E N. no expression

Dark-Jaxx
But you didn't post that. no expression

Nup, though I've heard DoS was good too.

And I read this really shitty non-canon comic of Supes getting pwned by an A L I E N. no expression 1. I don't have to.

2. Yeah, DoS was good. It also showed one thing I like about Superman, though he dislikes killing, he's not like Batman, push him enough, he will fvckin murk your ass.

Crisis of Infinite Earths and Infinite Crisis are two limited series you need to read. You can prolly find them at your local Borders.

Lulz, you mean Superman got pwned by a Xenomorph?

DigiMark007
Why the crap would you send him to the Crises? It'll only confuse him. Hell, those of us that follow everything barely understand DC continuity anymore.

stick out tongue

Blax, wait a few months until Crisis is over, then start buying anything written by Geoff Johns. You'll thank me.

Dark-Jaxx
Why the crap would you send him to the Crises? It'll only confuse him. Hell, those of us that follow everything barely understand DC continuity anymore.

stick out tongue

Blax, wait a few months until Crisis is over, then start buying anything written by Geoff Johns. You'll thank me. I understood it. no expression

Kinda. stick out tongue

Yeah, Geoff Jones is the shit.

Bardock42

So? He said Superman always wins, and I brought up an example when he did it.

and bout time, believe it or not, DC generally has higher quality stories than Marvel. IMO.

So, I'm curious, how did it all end? hmm

Eh. I'm generally disappointed with most of DC's stuff. Only ones I really liked was Emperor Joker and the Killing Joke.

Read Vertigo instead, DC bored me so much I don't read any of their series anymore.

Dark-Jaxx
So, I'm curious, how did it all end? hmm Three Guardians(the dudes that lead the Green Lanterns, one of them can empower 100) ganged up on SMP, SMP grabbed one by the throat and was poking holes in his head with his fingers(lulz), then the Guardian in an effort to kill Prime blew himself up, but only succeeded in warping him to another universe.

Bardock42
Three Guardians(the dudes that lead the Green Lanterns, one of them can empower 100) ganged up on SMP, SMP grabbed one by the throat and was poking holes in his head with his fingers(lulz), then the Guardian in an effort to kill Prime blew himself up, but only succeeded in warping him to another universe.

Ah, so Superman's side won and he was just as strong as he needed to be hmm

Dark-Jaxx
Ah, so Superman's side won and he was just as strong as he needed to be hmm Not really, no, all BFRing SMP did was amp him to a level of power he had never been before.

And SUPERMAN didn't win, SMP threw Powergirl into him, knocking him back, which was an epic fail.

Superman was just strong enough to do no damage to SMP.

DigiMark007
Ah, so Superman's side won and he was just as strong as he needed to be hmm

That particular fight wasn't really a Superman book. He was there, but only as a stand-in during epic fights. GLs took the show.

Bardock42
G-guys...I am joking.

DigiMark007
G-guys...I am joking.

We're comic nerds. We don't care. We can stare a joke in teh face and explain why it doesn't mesh with proper character continuity.

no expression

Bardock42
We're comic nerds. We don't care. We can stare a joke in teh face and explain why it doesn't mesh with proper character continuity.

no expression

I noticed.

Dark-Jaxx

no expression Yeah.

Superman doesn't ALWAYS win. estahuh

Bardock42
Yeah.

Superman doesn't ALWAYS win. estahuh

Well, that one big time he lost it was already planned that he's going to win big time in the end...so...yeah.

Nemesis X
uh... weren't we just talking about spider-man?

Neo Darkhalen
I hate Superman mmm

Dark-Jaxx
And I like Superman. Like him more than Batman in fact. *Waits for the inevitable bashing*

I also like Spiderman. Haven't been reading his recent stuff though, what with it taking a dump on his entire backstory from what I hear.

Bardock42
And I like Superman. Like him more than Batman in fact. *Waits for the inevitable bashing*

WROOOOOONG!!!!!!!

Dark-Jaxx
WROOOOOONG!!!!!!! Your mother.

Bardock42
Your mother.

That's just low, man.

Neo Darkhalen

I also like Spiderman. Haven't been reading his recent stuff though, what with it taking a dump on his entire backstory from what I hear.

BND has been screwing up Spider-Man (don't forget the hyphen)

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
BND has been screwing up Spider-Man (don't forget the hyphen) Yeah that's what I heard.

And fvck hyphens. stick out tongue

Neo Darkhalen
Yeah that's what I heard.

And fvck hyphens. stick out tongue

stick out tongue

Yeah Spider-Mans sort of taking a downhill drop right now (sort of like Sonic)

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
stick out tongue

Yeah Spider-Mans sort of taking a downhill drop right now (sort of like Sonic) Yeah, this new Spiderman thing is basically like Wolverine: Origins, in that it shoves a 14 inch cock up the character's previously known history.

Blax_Hydralisk
Dude.

Dark-Jaxx
Dude. Your mother.

Blax_Hydralisk
Damn.

... I've got nothing.

Nemesis X
Doing the whole "your mother" routine is just retarded. Also, can you say things that don't sound homo?

Blax_Hydralisk
The "your mother" routine is a classic black people thing. You should be more respectful of classic culture.

Dark-Jaxx
The "your mother" routine is a classic black people thing. You should be more respectful of classic culture. Yeah, I'm an old school black man.

...no expression

haermm

Nemesis X
You want me to be more respectful to culture? Okay then.

YOUR MOTHER, BLAX HYDRALISK, YOUR MOTHER!!!!

Blax_Hydralisk
Well I've never seen you before. I'm just guessing haermm

Nigga please.

Nemesis X
I ain't black if you were just trying to be racist at me.

Dark-Jaxx
I ain't black if you were just trying to be racist at me. Shut up cracka.

Blax_Hydralisk
I ain't black if you were just trying to be racist at me.

... are you retarded? Do you lack reading comprehension?

Perhaps you should just go back to making broken threads so that we can all laugh some more. The intwernetz appears to be above your level.

brainchild81
No, he said "you are ****ing Superman (in the game)". Meaning that he thinks the game did not deliver how incredible it should feel to be the most powerful dude in the universe, he did not say that you have sexual intercourse with Superman. laughing out loudOriginally posted by Dark-Jaxx
And I like Superman. Like him more than Batman in fact. *Waits for the inevitable bashing* Sorry I'm late. Fvck Supes!!! Sugar Hill Gang said he's a f@g in blue tights. Let's talk about Spidey here. Supes is a lame. & yes, I do base my opinions on all heroes on what Sugar Hill Gang says about them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.