NJO Luke vs DE Sidious (Takes Place on Malachor V)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kotor3
Seeing that Revan prove to be victorious in my last thread against Mace when on Malachor V, how about DE Sidious vs NJO Luke.

Darth Sexy
On a planet steeped into the dark side by such a degree, I would give this to DE Sidious.

Kotor3
In my last thread Malachor V was definitely a disadvantage for Mace something I felt he could not over come. However I do not feel the same with Luke. NJO Luke has much experienced with being tempted by the dark side and actually being a dark user for a time.

I could be wrong but I believe NJO Luke uses some dark techniques. So Malachor V may not be that much of a disadvantage for Luke.

Darth Subjekt
And Sidious, especially DE, is a firm tier above Revan, so this would be a monumental challenge for Luke.

Gideon
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
And Sidious, especially DE, is a firm tier above Revan, so this would be a monumental challenge for Luke.

I'm certain that I'm going to blow someone's world all to hell with this statement, but it's simple truth: Palpatine circa Dark Empire would be "a monumental challenge" for any incarnation of Luke Skywalker in any environment. Skywalker doesn't display combat prowess on par with the Emperor until The Unifying Force. In terms of destruction? He has never come close (though I will grant you that that is because Skywalker is bound by Jedi restraint).

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Gideon
I'm certain that I'm going to blow someone's world all to hell with this statement, but it's simple truth: Palpatine circa Dark Empire would be "a monumental challenge" for any incarnation of Luke Skywalker in any environment. Skywalker doesn't display combat prowess on par with the Emperor until The Unifying Force. In terms of destruction? He has never come close (though I will grant you that that is because Skywalker is bound by Jedi restraint).

Blasphemy. GTFO with that antideluvian bullshit, homo.

Elite Hunter
I'm certain that I'm going to blow someone's world all to hell with this statement,

My world is still looking good. big grin

caedusrulesall

DE Sidious would be a monumental challenge for NJO/DN/LOTF Luke, since DE Sidious is the second most powerful Force user ever (Luke of course the first), but if the two squared off normally Luke would still take it.

But on Malachor...

(Note: I'm assuming we're doing Sabers - Force - All Out)

Sabers: Luke takes it, since he's a way better pure swordsman than Palpatine as of NJO.

Force: Sidious. His Force feats as of DE are crazy already, but add Malachor's huge amount of Dark Side power to his equally large amount of power, and he can eclipse even NJO Luke.

All-Out: After a really close fight, probably Sidious for the reasons in the Force section.

Gideon
On a world steeped with the dark side of the Force? Sidious wins all three.

caedusrulesall
On a world steeped with the dark side of the Force? Sidious wins all three.

Not the sabers. Without his massive Force attacks, Sidious would be beaten by NJO Luke.

Man of Christ
force judgement, sids cant make use of the power at malchor.

case closed

Gideon
Originally posted by caedusrulesall
Not the sabers. Without his massive Force attacks, Sidious would be beaten by NJO Luke.

I own the later-era NJO books, all of the Dark Nest trilogy, and all of the Legacy of the Force novels and, for the life of me, I can't recall exactly where Skywalker demonstrates utterly cosmic-class abilities with a lightsaber. Moreover, Vjun (another planet steeped in the dark side) imbued Count Dooku's swordsmanship to heightened levels during his attack on Yoda. What makes you think Malachor won't have the same affect on Sidious's swordplay? At best, Skywalker's abilities will remain the same in such an environment. Most likely? He'll become stagnant.

Edit: Okay. What timeframe in NJO?

caedusrulesall
I own the later-era NJO books, all of the Dark Nest trilogy, and all of the Legacy of the Force novels and, for the life of me, I can't recall exactly where Skywalker demonstrates utterly cosmic-class abilities with a lightsaber. Moreover, Vjun (another planet steeped in the dark side) imbued Count Dooku's swordsmanship to heightened levels during his attack on Yoda. What makes you think Malachor won't have the same affect on Sidious's swordplay? At best, Skywalker's abilities will remain the same in such an environment. Most likely? He'll become stagnant.

I don't believe Malachor dampens LS abilities, it only enhances DS abilities. If you want a list of the best feats Luke has accomplished, here's one I posted in the Neo vs NJO Luke thread:

He was able to cloak an entire planet in the Force, move fast enough his lightsaber was like 20 sabers at once, then kill the Yuuzhan Vong Slayer warriors (all of which extremely powerful) after fighting through scores upon scores of normal Vong warriors (each of which with the strength of 2-3 average humans), then kill the very strongest Yuuzhan Vong of all after killing all these other Vong, without using all his effort.

The next trilogy, he could cloak ships and create illusions of other ships using the Force, kill hundreds of Killik insect warriors, kill a quite strong Dark Jedi (Welk), then a book later slaughter hundreds more Killiks, use the Force to guide his lightsaber strikes against an invisible opponent wielding two lightsabers at once, then the next book he was able to root himself in the Force so deeply that not even a black hole could move him. He was also able to manhandle two separate Jedi/Dark Jedi, each of which was able to draw upon the Force potential of the entire Killik species, and one of which had four lightsabers (Lomi Plo). Keep in mind that the one of these Jedi that did not have four lightsabers (Raynar Thul) had enough Force energy to be able to curve turbolaser blasts away from their target, something Luke himself wasn't able to do.

The next trilogy he was able to duel Lumiya (who uses a lightwhip) and Alema Rar simultaneously (twice, in fact), then duel and kill Lumiya later, then duel the newly empowered Sith Lord Darth Caedus and would have be able to kill him but didn't. He could also keep Caedus, a Dark Lord of the Sith, in a state of inability to move with extreme ease, and also was able to send Caedus flying across a room with minimal ease. He is also by now able to conjure illusionary fleets of ships using the Force, and further outwit Darth Caedus.

Finally, proof of Luke's incredible reflexes, when he battled Lomi Plo (who was using four lightsabers), Lomi Plo flew at him fast enough that even Luke was not able to sense she was about to do this. Yet, despite not sensing that, Luke was able to cut her into four pieces with a deft flick of his lightsaber.

Elite Hunter

Kotor3 never specified but don't we got to assume that it would be NJO Luke at his peak then, and wouldn't that be in TUF?

Gideon
LOL WTF? Why did I listen to Man of Christ... he's not the thread starter.

Elite Hunter
LOL WTF? Why did I listen to Man of Christ... he's not the thread starter.

Because he is a disciple of Jesus?

Gideon
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Because he is a disciple of Jesus?

I mean... damn. I just listened to the guy for no reason. Advent used to scream violent commands when we made love and I responded to this guy even quicker. Does... that make me his *****, now?

caedusrulesall
I mean... damn. I just listened to the guy for no reason. Advent used to scream violent commands when we made love and I responded to this guy even quicker. Does... that make me his *****, now?

LOL, you sound like you're in the OTF.

Elite Hunter
You from being Advent's B**** to being the B**** of MOC.......how the mighty have fallen........ laughing .......seriously I feel your pain brother.

Gideon
You from being Advent's B**** to being the B**** of MOC.......how the mighty have fallen........ laughing .......seriously I feel your pain brother.

Into exile, I must go.

Kotor3
Kotor3 never specified but don't we got to assume that it would be NJO Luke at his peak then, and wouldn't that be in TUF?

You are correct this would be NJO Luke at his peak.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.