Current Living Tribunal vs Classic Beyonder

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Who wins? I always wondered now that Living Tribunal powers are better known how would the Classic Beyonder do against him.

Living Tribunal- http://www.marvel.com/universe/Living_Tribunal

Knowsbleed33
Classic Beyonder still.

guy222
Beyonder was the all back in the '80s. Its funny there was no mention of TOAA back then. In a Dr Strange issue, Eternity tells him about God. Some felt Shooter abused his powers

TOAA is LT boss. I don't think he would allow LT to lose. IMO

Knowsbleed33
TOAA allowed LT to "lose" in The End via Thanos.

Whether or not you agree with Shooter and the Beyonder, he was a supreme being akin to Thanos with the heart. Feats alone but Beyonder above Thanos with the heart. ::shrugs::

guy222
Starlin being Starlin

Why would Thanos have to fix a flaw. laughing out loud

Surely, TOAA or LT could've done that. Some say canon. Others don't. I sent Andy Schmidt an email. He said it wasn't

Knowsbleed33
I don't have a response to that. I don't know why they needed Thanos or why they couldn't just do it themselves. Thanos is to Starlin what the Beyonder was to Shooter, Starlin obviously wanted Thanos to be God, even if it were for a short time.

With Shooter we saw that writers and editors live vicariously through characters. TOAA is the embodiment of the writer (Stan) and the artist (Jack). Shooter wanted the same thing with the Beyonder. He wasn't God, but he was supreme in the MU at the time. Starlin obviously wanted the same with Thanos during the IG affair and then again with the Heart.

That's my take on the whole thing. Neither character really made any sense. I'm not sure they were even suppose to.

guy222
Yep. Starlin made enemies it seems. He's working for DC

He'll make DS 'God' soon laughing out loud

Possibly, this could happen to Loeb

Knowsbleed33
Rulk = Loeb as God. Teabag force ftw!!

guy222
yep

Utrigita
Current LT would probably stalemate him.

fangirl101
Originally posted by guy222
Beyonder was the all back in the '80s. Its funny there was no mention of TOAA back then. In a Dr Strange issue, Eternity tells him about God. Some felt Shooter abused his powers

TOAA is LT boss. I don't think he would allow LT to lose. IMO
I agree.

ultimatethor
I still say classic beyonder. Simply because he was portrayed as being above absolutely evryone. LT still answers to someone.

Enyalus
Wasn't Classic Beyonder everything outside of the MU? And TOAA only has power over what is in the MU...

So, if I've got that right, Beyonder takes this easily. If not, well, I'm a newb. *hides*

hulkcpbifiussjf
LT FTW. He's second only to TOAA and TOAA would not let him lose to someone like the beyonder. TOAA took over Thanos or something like that in THE END to fix the flaw anyways so TOAA>>>>>Thanos>>LT>>Classic Beyonder

KK the Great
No, my favorite omnipotent is more omnipotenter!

fangirl101
Originally posted by ultimatethor
I still say classic beyonder. Simply because he was portrayed as being above absolutely evryone. LT still answers to someone.
Classic beyonder was only everything outside of the marvel multiverse. There is now a marvel omniverse which would include the multiverse AND everything that the classic beyonder was. The LT sits over all of that. and he exist now in ALL multiverSES simultaneously. He didn't have that power then. He only was the judge over one multiverse.

Air Legend
Originally posted by golem370
Who wins? I always wondered now that Living Tribunal powers are better known how would the Classic Beyonder do against him.

Living Tribunal- http://www.marvel.com/universe/Living_Tribunal

This thread has been made by nvr at least 6 times.

Classic Beyonder wins and always will win.

KK the Great
No mine is!

golem370
I think LT would win. That book where Beyonder met with the abstracts LT looked to be potrade as a peer to the others where now he is know as the more powerful of the abstracts in the Marvel Universe.

Mindset
Originally posted by golem370
I think LT would win. That book where Beyonder met with the abstracts LT looked to be potrade as a peer to the others where now he is know as the more powerful of the abstracts in the Marvel Universe.

He never was just a peer to the others.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Mindset
He never was just a peer to the others.
Indeed he was a peer. he never existed in all multiverses at one time at that point.

Astner
I find it funny how everyone believes that the supreme entities of all comic series are equal. Yet says that the supreme being of certain era is less powerful than the supreme being of another era.

Of course you will find minor flaws in Beyonder--as he was limiting himself. The very concept of limiting means that you reduce something get a limited, or more limited, amount out of it.

Now Beyonder was confirmed to be omnipotent, I don't know how many times. Even the editor in chief illustrated him, in an interview, as God before there was a genesis. Implying that he was greater than monotheistic God of Abraham.

Now if he was omnipotent and limited himself he would end up in a limited and restricted form.

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by hulkcpbifiussjf
LT FTW. He's second only to TOAA and TOAA would not let him lose to someone like the beyonder.

Why is this everyones response when the thread involes the LT?

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Astner
I find it funny how everyone believes that the supreme entities of all comic series are equal. Yet says that the supreme being of certain era is less powerful than the supreme being of another era.

Of course you will find minor flaws in Beyonder--as he was limiting himself. The very concept of limiting means that you reduce something get a limited, or more limited, amount out of it.

Now Beyonder was confirmed to be omnipotent, I don't know how many times. Even the editor in chief illustrated him, in an interview, as God before there was a genesis. Implying that he was greater than monotheistic God of Abraham.

Now if he was omnipotent and limited himself he would end up in a limited and restricted form. At least someone knows wtf they are talking about.

fangirl101

Now if he was omnipotent and limited himself he would end up in a limited and restricted form.

Um why would he be greater than the God of Abraham? didn't the God of Abraham exist before Genesis? He even said so. I am that I am. He existed before anything did. Everything existed becuz he does. The beyonder couldn't hold that claim as he didn't create the marvel multiverse. since he didn't create it, he isn't marvel's God. He isn't supreme. He actually had to study the marvel multiverse. what god has to study anything?

golem370
I think their face off would look like LT and IG Warlock.

starlock
LT for the win

Xplosive
Classic Beyonder without significant effort.

celestialdemon
Beyonder wins

KK the Great

I just find it weird that there are so many "my favorite omnipotent character vs. your favorite omnipotent character" threads here.

The logic necessary in these debates is usually asinine.

It's "this guy is omniversal but the other guy is only multiversal" and usually with evidence of such that is tenuous at best.

And sure, omniversal sounds better than multiversal or universal, but if I have the power to mind-control a butterfly in every universe, I'm going to get my ass handed to me by the guy with power over the laws of physics in a single universe. The terms really have nothing to do with scale and everything to do with scope, and most often in a practically meaningless butterfly effect sort of way, at that.

lannfear
why did beyonder limit himself?....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.